McGrath Newstribune article

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Anyone see this or find it interesting?
[urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/16/2437185/a-blowout-couldve-been-waiting.html#storylink=mostpopular[/urltargetblank]

I usually like McGrath's stuff. Not sure I see sense in consoling Hawk fans by claiming it would have been worse to get stomped in San Fran. Yeah right...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Especially when we wouldn't have been stomped. That game would have been a flat out down to the wire classic.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Awful article.

I love how the guy writes "I know, the Seahawks beat these guys silly on Dec. 23." and then dismisses the relevance of it with this:

The 49ers, who’d already clinched a playoff spot and were one win from wrapping up the NFC West Division, had little on the line at CenturyLink Field, and played as if nothing (nor anybody) was on the line.

Which is just a weak argument. And then proceeds to worship the 49ers as assured of having beaten Seattle if we advanced to face them.

Just summarizing the article for everyone so they don't have to flatter this writer with page hits.

OP
OP
G

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3jrqlpzx said:
Awful article.

I love how the guy writes "I know, the Seahawks beat these guys silly on Dec. 23." and then dismisses the relevance of it with this:

The 49ers, who’d already clinched a playoff spot and were one win from wrapping up the NFC West Division, had little on the line at CenturyLink Field, and played as if nothing (nor anybody) was on the line.

Which is just a weak argument. And then proceeds to worship the 49ers as assured of having beaten Seattle if we advanced to face them.

Just summarizing the article for everyone so they don't have to flatter this writer with page hits.

Great idea. Thanks.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I read this also and it really disappointed me.

Most of his writing of late towards the hawks has seemed indifferent, or maybe its just me.

Either way, thanks for posting this. It was a real downer. :34853_doh:

kmedic

Reaction score
How does this guy call himself a Hawks fan? Which team has he been watching this season? We played 18 games over the past 3 months and not one, not one of those games was a blowout loss. And so, just because SF beats up on a bottom tier GB defense, they're supposed to now blow us out? Shame on you McGrath, shame on you...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
What an idiot, good luck getting players to talk to you bud.