Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: who will bradley take with him?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 am 
NET Veteran

CFraychineaud wrote:
if he does take someone with him, id like us to look at Horton the ex DC from Arizona. He is supposedly going to be looking at assistant jobs and it would be nice for him to stick it to arizona after they spruned him to go for arians.

I know its slightly off the topic of the thread, but anyone think they were nuts to let him go? He made their D into a force with some great players, maybe they wanna go a different direction then Horton's with the D. Kinda sucks for him though, one week hes a D-Coordinator interviewing to become a HC, the next week he's unemployed..:?: Kinda hope it bites em in the ass abit though!

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:43 am 
NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:
The one that scares the crap out of me is Cable going to be the OC. That is the one and only coach that I'm genuinely worried about, and here's why.... I think if you're Tom Cable, you see that Gus is a risky hire, that the Jags new owner isn't real patient, and that there is a real possibility of the franchise relocating to LA. Maybe Tom wants to put himself in line for an interim head coaching position, which let's face it... could happen at some point this coming season if the Jags just flounder. Or... he could be the head coach next season. Many first time NFL coaches don't last long. Cable would then be the obvious replacement, and would likely do fairly well as they have some pretty tough players, and he knows how to run a team inside and out, I don't think Gus quite does. Gus would have been much better off in a place that was more established. There isn't really a worse situation in football right now than in Jacksonville, especially in a draft that is so weak at QB. So... let's hope Cable gets the wink-wink-nudge-nudge head coach in waiting contract extension within the next few hours. If he really wants to be a head coach ASAP, then this may honestly be his shortest path. Not that I think Gus is a bad coach. I just think that he is going into a really crummy situation with an owner who is somewhat unrealistic in his expectations.

The Jags aren't going to fire Bradley after 1 season. I just dont' see that happening.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 am 
NET Veteran

v1rotv2 wrote:
I just don't see anyone wanting to go to the Jags.

Why not? Los Angeles is supposed to be a great city to live in :) :stirthepot:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 am 
NET Veteran

they cant steal Cable from what I've read. Cant steal aguy with a lateral move, against the rules.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 am 
NET Veteran

Todd Walsh. I don't really see anyone for the team. Flynn would be a very, very remote option.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Why does everyone seem to think there's some meaningful connection/loyalty between Flynn and the Seahawks? Why would a former coach or front-office guy want to "bring Flynn along?"

Flynn's been on the Seahawks one season and rode the bench.

He has no reason to feel a special connection to the Seahawks organization, and the Seahawks organization obviously isn't all that attached to him either. He's probably more likely to follow a former Packers coach to a new organization, than a Seahawks coach.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm 
NET Veteran

I could see Todd Wash going to Jacksonville if Bradley wanted to bring him on as Defensive Coordinator. I could also see Robert Saleh going to Jacksonville if Bradley wanted to hire him on as his linebacker coach.

Don't see Richards, Norton Jr., Seto, Carroll or Udeze leaving and obviously don't see Quinn leaving. Carl Smith might be a good offensive coordinator for Gus Bradley to take a look at and he might leave Seattle to be an offensive coordinator.

As for players... He's had long relationships with Mebane, Clemons, Bryant, Hill, Farwell and Trufant here in Seattle.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 pm 
NET Veteran

minormillikin wrote:
Why does everyone seem to think there's some meaningful connection/loyalty between Flynn and the Seahawks? Why would a former coach or front-office guy want to "bring Flynn along?"

Flynn's been on the Seahawks one season and rode the bench.

He has no reason to feel a special connection to the Seahawks organization, and the Seahawks organization obviously isn't all that attached to him either. He's probably more likely to follow a former Packers coach to a new organization, than a Seahawks coach.

Flynn isn't going anywhere, unless we trade him, and he's a JS guy. He was drafted by Green Bay while JS was there and Flynn was brought into Seattle by JS. JS likes Flynn at QB and I don't see Flynn going anywhere until JS and PC draft another QB that JS and PC are both comfortable with as a backup or possible starter, unless someone is willing to give up the farm for Flynn. Flynn would probably be considered one of the top 5 backup quarterbacks in the league.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I doubt he'd take Norton. Ken seems very loyal to Pete, and for good reason. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2004-1 ... rl-dorrell

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

sc85sis wrote:
I doubt he'd take Norton. Ken seems very loyal to Pete, and for good reason. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2004-1 ... rl-dorrell

I just wonder if/when Norton takes that next step in coaching? He may be a lifelong position coach but with the uproar about the lack of qualified minority coaches, if he has the make-up I wonder if he tries moving up the coaching tree? He has value where he is now or if he decides to branch out. Just glad to have him here now.

Must have been a tough pill for the UCLA alumni to swallow seeing him on the USC sidelines. Dorrell missed an opportunity. Probably helped lead to his removal as I am sure many held a grudge for missing the Norton chance.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]