Idzik to Jets just happened

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Idzik to Jets just happened
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm
  • drdiags wrote:I was just joking around so I am not sure what is up with the "rolling eyes" icon. Thought we were better than that.

That wasn't the operative icon.

:thirishdrinkers:
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 am
  • drdiags wrote:I was just joking around so I am not sure what is up with the "rolling eyes" icon. Thought we were better than that.

You thought an internet message board was better than using a rolling eyes emoticon? Doc, you're slippin'! :D Not grounded to reality anymore!!
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    drdiags wrote:I was just joking around so I am not sure what is up with the "rolling eyes" icon. Thought we were better than that.

You thought an internet message board was better than using a rolling eyes emoticon? Doc, you're slippin'! :D Not grounded to reality anymore!!

Yeah, I know. Blue and I have hung out IRL so the expectations were a little different. With most it just is the way it is. Doesn't mean this is how we all have to act. So yes, I am living in the land of lollipops and rainbows. Now if it was you, I wouldn't even bat an eyebrow. I would expect it.

Can I take the strait jacket off now?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm
  • I knew you were having a little fun with me, I was just having a little fun with you back. Sorry if it came across as anything different.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:I knew you were having a little fun with me, I was just having a little fun with you back. Sorry if it came across as anything different.

No we are good. I was just giving Roland some lip. Next brew is on me if we ever get to another Mariner game. Though you living on the eastern side of the state, that might be tough. :thirishdrinkers:
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:07 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:Not really interested in rehashing Reinfeldt. He had a big part in us losing Hutchinson.

Really? I'd love a link cuz I was convinced it was nearly if not all Timmmaaaaay. He made jokes about being 'the guy that lost Hutch' being put on his tombstone and by looking at his drafts it was obvious he saw o-lineman as eminently and consistently replacable.

http://www.komonews.com/sports/5756051.html

Reinfeldt was part of the decision to designate Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson a transition player instead of a franchise player last offseason. Hutchinson signed with Minnesota in free agency after the Vikings included an unprecedented "poison pill" contract provision Seattle could not match.

I'm not saying I would expect him to do exactly the same thing again, but to me, this signified a guy who didn't understand the value of Hutch to the O-line and team as a whole. I would worry about him having a voice in the FO if he still has blind spots that big.

If anything, this would now be a PLUS for Reinfeldt. He's seen it all. I guarantee his blind spots are small to nonexistent in that area. And as part of a team with a CAPABLE GM, like Schneider, instead of a FOOL like Ruskell, Reinfeldt would probably be a great fit.

If you were just served with divorce papers by a soon-to-be ex who has a sociopathic personality disorder, wouldn't you want your attorney to be someone who's seen it all, been through the battles, got the scars, and the had the experience and LEARNING on effective strategies on how to keep from having to fight the battles in the first place? When someone like a Reinfeldt goes through a situation like the Hutch thing, you better believe there was some serious education and experience gained.
    It's like that old saying, "when a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with the experience is going to get some money, and the man with money is going to get some experience." Reinfeldt would have "experience" now.

All that said, I'm sure JS/PC will find someone good as the next man up for that job, Reinfeldt, or whoever.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Reinfeldt is still available and was more talented than Idzik.

You mean this guy, the Prime Minister of Sweden? ;)
    Swedishhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm
  • We are going to be in dire need of a cap wizard Genius evil overlord in a year or 2. We are going to be in piss poor shape once all these rooks,2nd, and 3rd year players start getting their 2nd contracts...
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm
  • That sucks. I got a family member that does his wifes hair and could get free tickets sometimes. Now I'm gonna have to just fork up the doe. I was wanting season tickets anyway. Does any one know when the whole amount has to be payed off for the season tix?
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm
  • Smoke wrote:We are going to be in dire need of a cap wizard Genius evil overlord in a year or 2. We are going to be in piss poor shape once all these rooks,2nd, and 3rd year players start getting their 2nd contracts...

The front office is going to have to decide who's worth the money and who they can replace. It would not surprise me if Browner and Chancellor end up casualties in the secondary for instance.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:17 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    http://www.komonews.com/sports/5756051.html

Reinfeldt was part of the decision to designate Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson a transition player instead of a franchise player last offseason. Hutchinson signed with Minnesota in free agency after the Vikings included an unprecedented "poison pill" contract provision Seattle could not match.

I'm not saying I would expect him to do exactly the same thing again, but to me, this signified a guy who didn't understand the value of Hutch to the O-line and team as a whole. I would worry about him having a voice in the FO if he still has blind spots that big.

If anything, this would now be a PLUS for Reinfeldt. He's seen it all. I guarantee his blind spots are small to nonexistent in that area. And as part of a team with a CAPABLE GM, like Schneider, instead of a FOOL like Ruskell, Reinfeldt would probably be a great fit.

If you were just served with divorce papers by a soon-to-be ex who has a sociopathic personality disorder, wouldn't you want your attorney to be someone who's seen it all, been through the battles, got the scars, and the had the experience and LEARNING on effective strategies on how to keep from having to fight the battles in the first place? When someone like a Reinfeldt goes through a situation like the Hutch thing, you better believe there was some serious education and experience gained.
    It's like that old saying, "when a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with the experience is going to get some money, and the man with money is going to get some experience." Reinfeldt would have "experience" now.

All that said, I'm sure JS/PC will find someone good as the next man up for that job, Reinfeldt, or whoever.

That's a fair point. :thirishdrinkers:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information