Fitzgerald for Flynn?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Fitzgerald for Flynn?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Flynn for Vincent wilfork
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm
  • Trades in the NFL are a relatively rare thing. Odds are good that we get our talent through the Draft.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 pm
  • xCalibur wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Better chance of my ass spontaneously combusting tomorrow afternoon

lol...i second that.

Careful, you must have forgotten what happened last time a bunch of wise-guys made such a proclamation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPruGs4IyK4
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm
  • I'd prefer if we went after Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe. Not only are both guys younger, but I think they'll come cheaper. Bowe for his recent injury issue, and Wallace for his recent reputation hit for holding out and then having a sub-par year for an under-achieving Steelers team.
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 pm
  • kearly wrote:Honestly, if Fitzgerald was on the waiver wire I would not take him. Go to Spotrac and look at his cap hits for the next six or seven years. If we traded Flynn for Fitz, you might as well throw in Sherman and Earl, because we wouldn't have the money to extend them with that kind of contract on the books.

He also declined this year after putting up 1400 yards with the same QBs in 2011. Who's to say that decline isn't real?

AZ could end up releasing Fitz in a couple years. When that happens, I'd give him a reasonable contract. Until then, he's not worth it.

Holy crap i just did that. Did i read that right?! Is be really going to account for a $20M cap hit in 2015!? That's nutso. That's the stupidest contract I've ever seen! No wonder Arizona sucks...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am
  • tacomahawk wrote:While I would love to have someone of Fitz's caliber, I do not want to make my enemy stronger. I also do not want to put Flynn in the same division with a possible chip on his shoulder that we would see twice a year.

This^

And, whoever said trade Flynn for Wilfork, I would be down for that.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 am
  • /thread
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]