offensive/defensive expectations next year. Top 10?

Crizilla

Reaction score
I want to see us continue to have a top 10 defense but i'm expecting our offense to be top 10 as well. Our offense really picked up the 2nd half of the season. I think we finished... 17th? in scoring. There are going to be teams that adjust to RW now that the league knows about this man. But I have full trust in him and Bevell/future coordinators to adjust right back and figure out how to move the ball. Whatever the defense may throw at us. And you know RW will be in the film room. If we had the offense clicking like the 2nd half of the season ALL SEASON, we probably win the SF, ARZ, and STL game. I'm seriously expecting at least 12 wins next year.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Totally think it's possible, almost probable if we manufacture a feared pass rush and add a speedy td maker on offense I'll go 13 to 14 wins. SB champs. Russell Wilson for president.

sutz

Reaction score
Wherever we finish ratings-wise, I expect a similar pattern next season: "slow start" on offense, opening up in November and really pouring it on in December for the stretch run.

Erebus

Reaction score
Crizilla":2w29yxgy said:
I'm seriously expecting at least 12 wins next year.

You say that like its a big improvement. We won 11 this year. Improving by one win with a full season of Wilson with full control of the offense should result in more than one additional win. I'm expecting 14 wins.

themunn

Reaction score
sutz":1teq8kzu said:
Wherever we finish ratings-wise, I expect a similar pattern next season: "slow start" on offense, opening up in November and really pouring it on in December for the stretch run.

I hope not - I'd much rather see us go out passing in the first half of every game and aim to go into the second half of the game with a two score lead, where we then revert back to running the ball, controlling the clock and keeping our D off the field so that they're fresh all season long.

I think we can afford to go out "gung-ho" in the first half because this team doesn't quit ever

sutz

Reaction score
Erebus":y1sjhw1x said:
Crizilla":y1sjhw1x said:
I'm seriously expecting at least 12 wins next year.

You say that like its a big improvement. We won 11 this year. Improving by one win with a full season of Wilson with full control of the offense should result in more than one additional win. I'm expecting 14 wins.
Improving from 11 wins to 12 is a LOT harder than improving from 7 wins to 9.

;)

Hamhawk

Reaction score
the number of wins aren't really as important than focusing on winning our division first and formost

sutz

Reaction score
Hamhawk":6g7y3f3a said:
the number of wins aren't really as important than focusing on winning our division first and formost
True, but you have to figure we'll need 11 or 12 wins to do that.

A home playoff game (at least one) is imperative IMHO. It makes it so much easier to advance.

chris98251

Reaction score
I expect us to win more games that we are suppose to next year, how teams rebuild this off season and where we get them will be the key.

Axx

Reaction score
12 wins would have got us 2nd seed in the NFC, and with Sean Peyton of the the Saints returning i doubt the Falcons can go 13-3 next year, espcially after losing Tony Gonzales.

Latest posts