Any chance jackson comes back as a backup

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Seanhawk wrote:I just can't comprehend how one becomes a TJack fan? Must have to be a blood relation. I like him, he seems like a good guy, but as a football player, skill wise, I find nothing like able about the guy.

No doubt. who the F wakes up one morning and decides they're going to be a Tarvaris f'ing Jackson groupie!?

Must be Brad Childress's kids or something...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I hope not! We can go in other directions at backup QB if we dump Flynn.

For all you Josh Portis lovers, maybe this is his chance!
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Hahah, welcome back Jacksonfan! Where is Scion?
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• As someone already stated, supposedly the Jets are interested in him as Idzik (former Hawks guy, new Jets GM) was a big supporter for him in Seattle.
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I wish the best for Tarvaris in his life, but I never want to see him in a Seahawks jersey again.
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

• If we bring back T-Jack, do you promise to never post again, jacksonfan?

No? No thanks, then.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Wait a minute
    Now Jackson fan wants TJ to be a back up? Is this a ruse? Even if I thought he could read a defense enough to run the play option I would still vote no just to keep his fan club out. Jacksonfan see plinythecenter's avitar.

I'm on board with Seneca Wallace. Seems like a natural option and would be dirt cheap.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Most people have forgotten that T-Jack would be returning as a backup, not a starter. As a backup, I'd love to have him. Tough, hardworking, familiar with our system and personnel.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• In an interview he said that he felt that he didn't get a fair shot to win the starting job, as evidenced by him not playing in the preseason. I highly doubt he will choose to come to Seattle as a free agent.
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

• I would want him back if no one else will take him, he is still a league average/game manager starting QB and is familiar with our staff and system. Not going to pay him 4 million a season as the backup though.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• I would be ok with him as a backup. He probably fits the system better than most other options out there.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• TJack is a competent QB who could probably hold a lead for us if the unimaginable happened. If we're forced to move Flynn, I don't see this as a bad option. I think a veteren QB2 is better fit for us right now than a rookie. Seattle needs a guy who, if called upon, can step in right away with limited reps and not lose complete control of a game. We don't want a Joe Webb vs. Green Bay situation on our hands.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• All that say they would be okay with Jackson coming back should try to watch the season he started for the hawks, I have never been so happy for a season to end. He is not a 1st or 2nd string QB, maybe a CFL QB at best and that is pushing it.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• He couldn't even crack the #2 spot in Buffalo against crap competition, why does anyone think he is a good option as our #2? Keep in mind Buffalo gave away a draft pick for him. They wanted him to succeed and I'm sure gave him every chance. Why would the Bills give up a pick only to let him walk now?

I'm sure he is a nice guy and with a dominant defense and top shelf running game while facing back up QB's he is adequate but odds are very slim we will face as many back up QB's as we did in the second half of his only year here.

If he is our best option then give Flynn a raise. Sorry but the only confidence I have in Jackson is that I confident signing him in the past or the future qualifies as a mistake. Just ask the Vikings or the Bills.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Paschtorian wrote:NFW

I was an early supporter of TJ,..........

..........but the man is just NOT a finisher.

The Seahawks can do better.

I don't know what more you could ask for in a backup. He's durable, a great team leader, hard-working, mobile.

How many backup QB's are finishers?

I would rather have Seneca Wallace though.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• How can you day he is not a finisher? The Vikings, Bill's and Seahawks are all finished with him. He's batting 1000.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• TJack mobile?? He did spend a lot of time thinking about being mobile...

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Most people have forgotten that T-Jack would be returning as a backup, not a starter. As a backup, I'd love to have him. Tough, hardworking, ZERO pocket presence, familiar with our system and personnel.

I didn't forget, and you forgot his main attribute while listing his skills. I've added it for you.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jackson sucks
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• bring. Back. TJ!!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I'd rather have Tebow.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• I hope not. We can do better.
    SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie

• Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• uMMMMMM Tarvaris Jackson is the best thing that ever happened to this ball club.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• In a way Zeb is right

In a way, Zeb is always right
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• To be honest I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a back up if Flynn leaves.
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• He's probably the 40-50th best QB in the nfl, making him just fine as a backup.

Flynn is definitely better than #32 and deserves to go start somewhere. Call me an altruist, or maybe I'm a bigger player fan than team fan sometimes, but I want to see Flynn succeed.

Just not on the Cardinals. Yes, that can still happen...
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Flynn is better then all 4 of their QB's from last year.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Erebus wrote:I'd rather have Tebow.

^^ This. Absolutely seriously. Skip TJack. I think Tebow would be a very good fit in Seattle as #2. He can do all the read option stuff that Russell can. We know that he can lead 4th-quarter drives to win games. Maybe he could learn to suck less the first 3 quarters. I think Bevell could find some good ways to use him.
    I bet all Tebow would really need is to know he would be the #2 guy and play if #1 is unavailable. He got jobbed in NY over the Greg McElroy thing. Not to mention his contributions on special teams and possibly a few snaps a game at H-back, and one more player on the field who can throw the ball deep off a fake pass. (Rice, Tate, and I think Lynch had TD passes this year; did MRob, the college QB have any TD passes?) Anyway, we're a little weak on our deep passing threat from the TE position, and I can't wait to see a 4th and 1 with Tebow at TE and running the fake end-around with Tebow, only to have him pull up and throw 70 yards across field and 50 yards downfield to a streaking Russell Wilson for a TD. (There was a play like that for Wilson in college, check out his Wisconsin highlights)
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• TEBOW? GTFOH.

TJ! TJ! TJ!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• olyfan63 wrote:
    Erebus wrote:I'd rather have Tebow.

^^ This. Absolutely seriously. Skip TJack. I think Tebow would be a very good fit in Seattle as #2. He can do all the read option stuff that Russell can. We know that he can lead 4th-quarter drives to win games. Maybe he could learn to suck less the first 3 quarters. I think Bevell could find some good ways to use him.
    I bet all Tebow would really need is to know he would be the #2 guy and play if #1 is unavailable. He got jobbed in NY over the Greg McElroy thing. Not to mention his contributions on special teams and possibly a few snaps a game at H-back, and one more player on the field who can throw the ball deep off a fake pass. (Rice, Tate, and I think Lynch had TD passes this year; did MRob, the college QB have any TD passes?) Anyway, we're a little weak on our deep passing threat from the TE position, and I can't wait to see a 4th and 1 with Tebow at TE and running the fake end-around with Tebow, only to have him pull up and throw 70 yards across field and 50 yards downfield to a streaking Russell Wilson for a TD. (There was a play like that for Wilson in college, check out his Wisconsin highlights)

Honestly, this really does make a lot of sense (except for the last line about the 80 yard TD pass to Wilson... c'mon mang...). Tebow is a great athleate, a good football player and a helluva competitor... but I reeeally can't get behind bringing the whole Tim Tebow circus to our town.

Yes I think we have a strong enough team to withstand a lot of the craziness and yes I think the roles on our team are defined clearly enough that the Tebow zelots wouldn't get their hopes up, but still... anything related to Tim Tebow just seems to turn into a gong show.

Pass.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Erebus wrote:I'd rather have Tebow.

Id like to have some trick plays with Tebow, this!
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:You know what's funny. I could see Jackson running the read option and being waaaaay more effective than he was last year. Way more effective.

In running the read option you have to take a snapshot of what the outside defender is doing and make a decision to keep the ball or give it to the running back. That process requires the ability to analyze the situation in an instant. That decision making process was Jackson's downfall here. He is very slow to read and understand to where the ball needs to go.

We need to be done with Jackson and move on. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we get a young prospect that shows talent and let them grow as our backup. A player that is from a not so favorite school, one that feels lucky to just be in the NFL. Bringing in a player like Jackson is just a band-aid for the guy that is next in line for the most important position on the team.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• v1rotv2 wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:You know what's funny. I could see Jackson running the read option and being waaaaay more effective than he was last year. Way more effective.

In running the read option you have to take a snapshot of what the outside defender is doing and make a decision to keep the ball or give it to the running back. That process requires the ability to analyze the situation in an instant. That decision making process was Jackson's downfall here. He is very slow to read and understand to where the ball needs to go.

We need to be done with Jackson and move on. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we get a young prospect that shows talent and let them grow as our backup. A player that is from a not so favorite school, one that feels lucky to just be in the NFL. Bringing in a player like Jackson is just a band-aid for the guy that is next in line for the most important position on the team.

Not that I'm trying to suck up to Throwdown, but I think Josh Portis might actually have a really good skillset to be Russell's understudy. At this point in his career, he either "gets it" and sticks in the NFL as a 2nd stringer, or packs it up and heads for the CFL.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• jacksonfan wrote:I think his bills contract is over

Tjack would be a good backup for seattle

Yes i watched wilson all year, and he is great player

I think flynn is done and is expensive will be cut by march

You mean that Flynn (who was paid way more money than Jackson) will be cut?, just like Jackson was? :roll:
    Not going to happen.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:You know what's funny. I could see Jackson running the read option and being waaaaay more effective than he was last year. Way more effective.

No way, shape, or form can Jackson operate in a mimic Russell Wilson fashon and run the read option, because his inability to READING Defensive sets at NFL speed was why he's no longer here.
    Flynn can probably do a better job of reading D-sets, but doesn't have the mobility to get out of trouble, BUT I believe that he could probably throw a change-up at the Defenses they wouldn't be prepared for,,BECAUSE,, some of Y'all have already pointed out,,the Defenses wouldn't have a lot of game tape on him, and sometimes that can be an added advantage.
    Flynn isn't as dynamic as Russell Wilson, but who the hell is, but he can be the change-up curve ball that gets thrown at the batter.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:If we bring back TJ! we have to let him challenge PB3! for the starting job, no?

By Jove!, I think you're right when you said........NO :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• WestcoastSteve wrote:I would rather have Seneca Wallace though.

Why Seneca Wallace?,,,Beause you could count on him shaving about 4 to 6 seconds off the decission making while under pressure, and that is enough to cancel out the idea of bringing Jackson back.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jackson never complained, played through a torn pec, knows Bevell, could step in and play. I'd love to get something for Flynn (anything get the contract off the books) and pick up Jackson.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• the ditch wrote:Jackson never complained, played through a torn pec, knows Bevell, could step in and play. I'd love to get something for Flynn (anything get the contract off the books) and pick up Jackson.

I'm with ya!

Jackson would be the perfect backup for this team. Cheap, his teammates love him here, and he can run our new style of offense.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:
    Honestly, this really does make a lot of sense (except for the last line about the 80 yard TD pass to Wilson... c'mon mang...). Tebow is a great athleate, a good football player and a helluva competitor... but I reeeally can't get behind bringing the whole Tim Tebow circus to our town.

Yes I think we have a strong enough team to withstand a lot of the craziness and yes I think the roles on our team are defined clearly enough that the Tebow zelots wouldn't get their hopes up, but still... anything related to Tim Tebow just seems to turn into a gong show.

Pass.

Too much of the left side of the teeter totter and not enough of the right if Tebow was on this team (between him and Wilson).

:3-1:

I would also pass.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Plus Tebow suuuuuuucks.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:He's probably the 40-50th best QB in the nfl, making him just fine as a backup.

Flynn is definitely better than #32 and deserves to go start somewhere. Call me an altruist, or maybe I'm a bigger player fan than team fan sometimes, but I want to see Flynn succeed.

Just not on the Cardinals. Yes, that can still happen...

You think so?
    I would rather have Jackson over any of the starters (or backups) of the following teams:

Kansas City
    Jacksonville
    Arizona
    New York (Jets obviously)
    Minnesota
    Buffalo (why they kept him benched for Pickspatrick is beyond me)
    Cleveland

and arguably Tennessee and Oakland.

And as far as backups go, the only backups I think are a better choice than Jackson are Flynn, Cousins and Jason Campbell. Maybe there's one or two others out there that are an improvement (such as Vick/Foles, depending on who your starter is), but we haven't seen them in play yet. Either way Jackson to me makes the top 30 QBs in the league (barely)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Jackson is a horrible QB end of story, who cares if he played hurt what NFL player doesn't? Stop the madness. We need a veteran to back up RW and all will be good. I would not mind if Matt came back as the backup as I think he would help RW mature as a QB.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• TorontoHawk wrote:Jackson is a horrible QB end of story, who cares if he played hurt what NFL player doesn't? Stop the madness. We need a veteran to back up RW and all will be good. I would not mind if Matt came back as the backup as I think he would help RW mature as a QB.

You want your backup QB to be able to go .500 if your starter is out. No problem with Tjack coming in as a backup. Dude has a strong arm and enough mobility to play our offense if Wilson is hurt.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    TorontoHawk wrote:Jackson is a horrible QB end of story, who cares if he played hurt what NFL player doesn't? Stop the madness. We need a veteran to back up RW and all will be good. I would not mind if Matt came back as the backup as I think he would help RW mature as a QB.

You want your backup QB to be able to go .500 if your starter is out. No problem with Tjack coming in as a backup. Dude has a strong arm and enough mobility to play our offense if Wilson is hurt.

I want a backup who can help the starter, what can Jackson do show him how to zone in on one WR? He could not even make the 2nd string for the Bills I think that should tell you something there. Plenty of options that make sense for a backup but Jackson is not one, as he showed he is not a winner and can't be a starter. I think bringing him here is the only mistake PC and JS have really made.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• I honestly think we cut Flynn and make a play for TJ! and if we fail to land him we'll probably just roll with no back up. Mike Rob can play in a pinch if PB3 gets tired or bored.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I want to be like Green Bay, drafting QBs and letting them sit behind elite starting QBs (Rodgers and then Flynn). Then when the time is right hopefully we can trade him for a high round pick. Like Green Bay tried to do with Flynn before he went to free agency.

No more retreads please
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• under 60% completion rate while almost exclusively throwing underneath, NOT MOBILE, cant read defenses, holds the ball forever and averages less than a TD per game? Yeah that's REAL solid.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Erebus wrote:I'd rather have Tebow.

Id like to have some trick plays with Tebow, this!

I support Tebow.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

Next

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information