Zach Miller's plant of fastestitis(planter Fasciitis)

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Or whatever the eff he has goings on withhis foot ...
Anyone know the status?
Because the way he played toward the end of the season I truly believe RW & he could make magic like BradyGronk this next season if healthy... hopefully he will get it sorted at least 80%.

Thread actually inspired by watching the Vikes TE get bizz in the ProBowl (yes I know it's 'only' the ProBowl but I'm anxious as hell for the season to start!)

By the way, 12s are reppin' HARD in Hawaii! Love it!

The Radish

Reaction score
Ok, I'll say this again.

Planter Fasciitis is an inflamtion of the tendons that connect your toes and your heel muscles. Its very painful and can be physically debillitating. One of our past players Grant Wistrom battled it his entire career and eventually it slowed him down enough he retired.

There are many methods of treatments that work differently on different people. The best long term fix are custom inserts for your shoes. But still you have to get the inflamation down for that to be long term effective.

I had it for a period of 2-3 years and my foot doctor tried everything and finally I found an anti inflamatory that took care of it long term.

I'm sure with the entire off season they will find the solution for Miller.

Curious if we are going to have this discussion multiple times during the off season?

:les:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Radish":3c07hx0y said:
Curious if we are going to have this discussion multiple times during the off season?

HEY, DID YOU KNOW ZACH MILLER HAS PLANTAR FASCIITIS?

In all seriousness, I think it had less to do with his health and more to do with us finally not needing him to be a blocker, as well as getting more involved with the actual playbook. He was a very good pass-catching TE in Oakland. I'd love it if he becomes Gronk junior for us.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
How can a plant be a fascist? Unless it's a....weapons manufacturing plant. Zach Miller has one of those?

billio155

Reaction score
I've had it...Plantar blah blah blah...many times. I played rugby for twenty something years and dealt with it off and on almost my entire career,. In short, it sucks and if you play with it long enough eventually the tendon becomes so inflamed it burst. That really hurts. The problem is, you can't generate any speed or power no matter how many painkiller you take. For an example of how debilitating it can be... see Big Red. Also, if you do not let this heal properly, your heal forms a big ole bone spur, which feels like you are walking with a rock in your shoe.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
billio155":3802qil9 said:
I've had it...Plantar blah blah blah...many times. I played rugby for twenty something years and dealt with it off and on almost my entire career,. In short, it sucks and if you play with it long enough eventually the tendon becomes so inflamed it burst. That really hurts. The problem is, you can't generate any speed or power no matter how many painkiller you take. For an example of how debilitating it can be... see Big Red. Also, if you do not let this heal properly, your heal forms a big ole bone spur, which feels like you are walking with a rock in your shoe.

...bottom line is that it can be a crippling condition that lasts a lifetime. All the MD's and Podiatrists in the world cannot make it go away "forever". They all say, "You've got to treat this condition seriously". "Get off your feet and rest", are words that cut like a knife in the back of a professional football player.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Motion Controlling footwear helped the most with mine. I over supinate badly and all the Anti inflammatory drugs just took the edge off. I never resorted to Orthotics, but good motion control shoes helped almost instantly!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pstark, is there a reason you have that particular pic of Sherman as your avatar? He looks like a retard in it. Not very flattering to our All-Pro corner.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25et1eoj said:
Pstark, is there a reason you have that particular pic of Sherman as your avatar? He looks like a retard in it. Not very flattering to our All-Pro corner.

to me it looks more like his compton attitude showing. i see wat u mean tho, the picture was taken at kind of a wierd angle

Seafan

Reaction score
The Radish":12ar1wbb said:
Ok, I'll say this again.

Planter Fasciitis is an inflamtion of the tendons that connect your toes and your heel muscles. Its very painful and can be physically debillitating. One of our past players Grant Wistrom battled it his entire career and eventually it slowed him down enough he retired.

There are many methods of treatments that work differently on different people. The best long term fix are custom inserts for your shoes. But still you have to get the inflamation down for that to be long term effective.

I had it for a period of 2-3 years and my foot doctor tried everything and finally I found an anti inflamatory that took care of it long term.

The plantar fascia is not a tendon. It's connective tissue and it can become inflamed but Zack actually tore his in the Atlanta game from what I heard. That won't be as simple as rest and taking medication to recover. He most likely will require some surgery. But with the long off season he may not require surgery but simply rest depending I suppose on how badly he tore it.

The Radish

Reaction score
Seafan":2ajuyycr said:
The Radish":2ajuyycr said:
Ok, I'll say this again.

The plantar fascia is not a tendon. It's connective tissue and it can become inflamed but Zack actually tore his in the Atlanta game from what I heard. That won't be as simple as rest and taking medication to recover. He most likely will require some surgery. But with the long off season he may not require surgery but simply rest depending I suppose on how badly he tore it.

Sorry about the wrong nomenclature,(tissue/tendon), no matter what its really painful, I', amazed he was able to continue.

If it requires surgery I can tell you that foot surgery does not get you back on your feet very quickly. I had a simple intermediate(metatarcial) bone repair to my right little toe back in November and am still walking with a limp and not able to wear tight shoes.