RW on Van Pelt this afternoon

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
RW on Van Pelt this afternoon
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 pm
  • one guess on how he ended the interview. If anybody can find it, it would be interesting to see some of his
    first/earlier interviews where he, for the first time, signed off by saying "GO HAWKS!".

Not sure what we did to deserve him, but thank you football gods for letting him pick the Seattle Seahawks out of his hat.

on a side note, RW will be on Cowherd tomm. morning sometime during his show, not sure when.
    oldschlhwkfn
    NET Practice Squad

Re: RW on Van Pelt this afternoon
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm
  • oldschlhwkfn wrote:one guess on how he ended the interview. If anybody can find it, it would be interesting to see some of his
    first/earlier interviews where he, for the first time, signed off by saying "GO HAWKS!".

Not sure what we did to deserve him, but thank you football gods for letting him pick the Seattle Seahawks out of his hat.

on a side note, RW will be on Cowherd tomm. morning sometime during his show, not sure when.

Did to deserve him? Years and years of mediocrity. The football gods owed us big time!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm
  • I like the idea I just read on facebook - end every conversation with a "Go Hawks!"
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:59 pm
  • Cowherd had become quite the advocate for Russ over the past year. Been listening to his show over the past couple of weeks and he's had nothing but praise for our boy.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 pm
  • What did we do?
    We Paid our Penance for 36 years including A divine *ssraping in SBXL. The Gods had no choice but to hand us the future all everything superhero or suffer the rest of eternity surrounded 49er and Raiders fans.
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:08 am
  • FWIW

Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin
    Last show in New Orleans. Russell Wilson of next years Superbowl champs will join us.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 am
  • Here is the Wilson interview with SVP:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8902427
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 am
  • oldschlhwkfn wrote:one guess on how he ended the interview. If anybody can find it, it would be interesting to see some of his

The Seattle Seahawks believed in Russell Wilson, that's what we did to deserve him. Many critics were laughing at us when the Hawks drafted Russell Wilson in the third round. Others were scratching their head when they heard we picked RW because we had recently signed Matt Flynn and everybody assumed he was the Seahawks next franchise QB. They didn't understand the coaching philosophy of Pete Carroll, his "ALWAYS COMPETE!" and this is what we have to thank for having Russell Wilson as our Quarterback. Most organizations wouldn't have even drafted Russell Wilson, let alone give him a shot as the starting QB after signing Flynn to a big contract.

I think John and Pete somehow knew the Jets were seriously thinking about grabbing Russell Wilson in the third round (just two picks after the Hawks). So it was either pick Wilson before his projected place in the draft, or face a sizable risk of losing him before the round you want to pick him in. Which I believe the Hawks most likely wanted to draft Wilson with one of their 4th round picks [probably after Robert Turbin], the pick they used on Jaye Howard.

Seattle must have did some heavy scouting on RW and obviously they really liked him, not only as a player but a person (a natural leader) as well. To be willing to draft a player two rounds before he was projected, when you already shored up the starting QB job on your roster. Shows someone in the front office REALLY likes that player.

That's why we deserve Russell Wilson, and he obviously realizes the chance we took on him to give him the opportunity. May not have been an 'equal opportunity' as Flynn spent the majority of training camp and preseason with the 1st team offense, but it was much more than pretty much every other organization in the NFL would have given him.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am
  • GCrow wrote:FWIW

Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin
    Last show in New Orleans. Russell Wilson of next years Superbowl champs will join us.

Haha...that's awesome!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:21 pm
  • Russell Wilson was on Lucy Van Pelt?

Isn't she a bit young for him?

I realize many of you will not get this at all. But Lucy Van Pelt?

:roll:

Its hundreds of posts like this that make us reallize the off season is truly here.
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Just don't pull the football out from under us when we are getting ready to kick, please. :)
    GodIago
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:00 pm
  • Hey, is anyone still wondering what Pete and John meant by saying they wanted a quarterback who could tilt the room..?
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:19 pm
  • I recall hearing PC had to talk Schneider down from picking RW in the 2nd, don't remember the source
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Why did people act so suprised when we took RW in the 3rd? Because we had already signed Flynn?

Why didn't "they" flip when the Skins took a QB in the 1st AND 3rd rounds? All I have is questions.

Go Hawks!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Russell Wilson was on Lucy Van Pelt?

Isn't she a bit young for him?

I realize many of you will not get this at all. But Lucy Van Pelt?

:roll:

Its hundreds of posts like this that make us reallize the off season is truly here.

He got into a spiritual discussion/debate with Linus
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 pm
  • GoHawks wrote:I recall hearing PC had to talk Schneider down from picking RW in the 2nd, don't remember the source

Pete himself said it. I don't have a source, but I specifically remember it.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information