Kam at LB?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have seen some rumblings about moving Kam to LB and moving Jeron Johnson to his safety position. Or just having him play closer to the LOS with an extra DB in the lineup. Are these rumblings based on anything PC or JS have said or are they just armchair coaches and GMs spouting their opinions?

sainthawk29

Reaction score
There were rumblings last year. When JS said he wanted Mark Barron in the draft.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
dumb idea. I still don't get the love for Jeron Johnson. He's a decent player, but not anything spectacular. Chancellor is fine where he's at.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Maybe we can just have one huge "Which players should we try in new positions" thread?

skater18000

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2yblqfr7 said:
dumb idea. I still don't get the love for Jeron Johnson. He's a decent player, but not anything spectacular. Chancellor is fine where he's at.

Winston Guy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No, just no, where the hell are the rumblings? I'm not seeing it coming out of the Seahawks camp, I do see some stupid ideas from fans about it though.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Changing a player's starting position is reserved for ineffective players at their current position. Prime examples being Red Bryant as a DT and JR Sweezy at DT.

Not a discussion for all-pros or pro-bowl caliber players, unless you play too much Madden or FF.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Naw, move a player to where you have a hole in the defense you just create another hole in the secondary. Just pick an outside LB with some coverage ability and keep Kam where he has played well.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It hasn't been talked about this year. JS mentioned something about it last year had they drafted Mark Barron. But he also said that had they drafted Barron, Barron, Kam and ET would still all see the field at the same time in the secondary. So even then, they didn't want to move Kam to OLB full time.

Kam is a Safety.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I could see it being done situationally to take advantage of a match-up or to counter a mis-match, but likely not as a full time position change. We're lucky to have two pretty talented depth players in Jeron Johnson and Winston Guy that could allow them to be a little creative with how they deploy Earl and Kam (Earl looked pretty good in the slot at the Pro Bowl with that pick).

No it's not Madden but in case you haven't noticed, being a slave to "Conventional Wisdom" is kinda frowned upon around here.

Winterfell

Reaction score
volsunghawk":359kg8r6 said:
FlyingGreg":359kg8r6 said:
We should move Clint Gresham to WR.

Makes sense. How about Matt Flynn to LEO?

I think his sizable forehead could potentially lead to more batted down passes than JJ Watt.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":jrd5280i said:
I could see it being done situationally to take advantage of a match-up or to counter a mis-match, but likely not as a full time position change. We're lucky to have two pretty talented depth players in Jeron Johnson and Winston Guy that could allow them to be a little creative with how they deploy Earl and Kam (Earl looked pretty good in the slot at the Pro Bowl with that pick).

No it's not Madden but in case you haven't noticed, being a slave to "Conventional Wisdom" is kinda frowned upon around here.

This. Kam could not be an every down LB in the NFL, but I could see him playing there on occasion if the situation called for it.

ensett

Reaction score
We should just end all these Fitzgerald fantasies and move Sherman to WR. Its been 2 years and he hasnt made the pro bowl at CB so i think its time we try something new with him!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would not be okay with moving him there permanently, but on occasion on passing downs to help him get in position to cover the TE I might be okay with it.

Latest posts