Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

2013 Prognostications
National Media will gush over Seahawks chances to win it all 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
National Media puts Seahawks in discussion as top 5 team 39%  39%  [ 42 ]
National Media touts Seahawks as top 10 team 38%  38%  [ 41 ]
National Media claims 2012 was a fluke and they fall back to earth 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Can't compete with 49ers and Rams 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Seahawks who? 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 109
 Post subject: 2013 Prognostications
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:36 am 
NET Veteran

How well do you all think the Seahawks will be regarded going into the 2013 season. I know its early considering we still have FA and the draft ahead of us, but still...

Post subject: Re: 2013 Prognostications
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 am 
NET Veteran

Top 10. We proved that to be the case. And we'll be given the benefit of the doubt for the first quarter of the season. if we suck it up than it will be the same as usual. If we come out on fire next year than the Sehawks love will grow quickly.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 am 
NET Veteran

I think top 5. A lot of people expected us to go to the NFC championship, if not the Super Bowl. However, I'd almost prefer if they'd underestimate us again. I enjoy when our team is underestimated.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 am 
NET Starter

I say top 10. There'll be other teams they'll randomly put over us because of free agent signings or coaches they hired.

Overall, we'll probably fly under the radar for most of the offseason until the season starts and we start winning

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Veteran

First, they need to discuss the Jets, then Tebow, maybe after the darlings(Steelers, Patriots, Packers, NFC East, and now the 49ers) get their say someone will remember oh yes Seattle has a team, "still not strong enough to be anything special" narrative I would imagine.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

I'm going Top 5. Prognosticators love trends. And the Seahawks are one of the hottest upward trending teams in the NFL. With The Russell Wilson Factor, they are too irresistible to avoid if you are a national mediot who likes to be proved right at the end of the year.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 am 
NET Veteran

Top 5 I say. Look what they did with the 49ers when the finally started to do something with their team. If history is any indicator they should be placing Seattle in the top 5 for sure. :mrgreen:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 am 
NET Veteran

Considering the long-time knock on the Hawks, it's going to depend on how we start on the road.

If we win on the road early in the year, the Hawks will be referred to as an elite (top 5) team.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 am 
* NET Philistine *

Top 10. We're a show me before I believe in you team (to the outside world).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am 
NET Veteran

I voted top 5, we are on an upward swing and don't see that changing with the current mindset of the team.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Veteran

Top 5... Wilson, Lynch and Sherman alone will warrant the top 5 discussion to start the season... if we have a good "champion type off season" as wilson stated you can count on it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:45 am 
NET Veteran

You can almost guarantee teams like the Cowboys will somehow be ranked higher than us. I said top 10.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 pm 
NET Veteran

razgriz737 wrote:
You can almost guarantee teams like the Cowboys will somehow be ranked higher than us. I said top 10.

That's why I say top 10. Preseason perennials always show up.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm 
NET Veteran

well last year we started as a team ranked in the 20s for most power rankings.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 pm 
USMC 1970-77

Top 5. Don't underestimate the Wash win in the playoffs. The media respects teams that win on the road in the playoffs.

They'll fall short of predicting us for the SB, but we'll be in the discussion for top 5, for sure.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm 
NET Veteran

I think we're the best team in the country, but I could easily see the mediots ranking the Patriots, Packers, Ravens, Broncos, Falcons, and Whiners ahead of us. Just my opinion.

Last edited by razgriz737 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:08 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I say option #1. Seattle dominated in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe I am on crack, but it sure as hell seemed like the Seahawks were the "darlings" of the 2012 postseason in the eyes of the national media. They completely demolished the NFC Champions and possible SB champions on national TV after a week of wall to wall hype. I think people have figured out how good this team is.

This is what I am expecting to hear dozens of times between now and next September: "Whoever wins the NFC West will win it all." The 49ers are in the Superbowl this week, but as things stand now it feels like the Seahawks will enter next season with even more hype.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:15 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Get ready for the gushing folks.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I, too, voted for a Top 5 prediction from the National Media. This would be especially true if John Schnieder were to trade up in the Draft and get us a Top 10 pick.....that sort of move always gets the ESPN tongues a waggin'......I can just hear John Clayton now.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

23-0!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

kearly wrote:
I say option #1. Seattle dominated in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe I am on crack, but it sure as hell seemed like the Seahawks were the "darlings" of the 2012 postseason in the eyes of the national media. They completely demolished the NFC Champions and possible SB champions on national TV after a week of wall to wall hype. I think people have figured out how good this team is.

This is what I am expecting to hear dozens of times between now and next September: "Whoever wins the NFC West will win it all." The 49ers are in the Superbowl this week, but as things stand now it feels like the Seahawks will enter next season with even more hype.

It does sure seem like the west coast finally has football teams.

If memory serves, there was once some discussion regarding how Pete and John are/were specifically-building the team to combat the 49ers. Although the mid-season meeting didn't yield the results they hoped for, that final game sure did. The Russellmania has clearly been part of the SB media hype this week and I whole-heartedly agree with you regarding how the talking heads will be focussing on the NFC west diviision as the one to beat next season.

Kearly, you are not on crack.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I don't think the media is ready to give up the Giants, Falcons, Packers or Saints quite yet. If you add Baltimore and the Niners to that mix, there are teams that the media will see as better regardless of matchups and such. I can see the top 10 love, but not the top 5 unless the Hawks do something like go 7-1 in their first half.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:19 pm 
* NET Alumni *

It's hard to argue against a top 5 team, when your offense, defense and special teams all rank in the top 5 in the league. In addition to the stats, we just fricken' pass the eye test don't we? We look like a team that is primed to take the next step if you look at how we finished the last 1/2 of the season. In addition to having all of our key personnel return in tact, we will improve even more with key off season additions in free agency and in the draft. I would imagine to virtually any outside observer, the 2013 Seattle Seahawks are going to look like Superbowl Contenders. How could they not? I'm so pumped. This is going to be the longest off season ever.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Absolutly NO way east coast media puts us in top 5. Top 10 sure, they will start us at say 7 or 8 in PR.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm 
NET Rookie

I would have to think a top 5 assessment is likely by a fair number of media outlets knowing that this time around, Seattle will be going into Week 1 with a definitive purpose and a far better understanding of what RW brings to the table compared to 2012.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 pm 
NET Veteran

We've definitely earned top 10 consideration and will certainly be placed there at the beginning of the season. The rest is up to us. Hype, shmype...just win.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

Was reading mockingthedrafts most recent mock draft today. This is a general NFL site and as far as I know the guy who runs it is not a Seahawks fan. This is what he said during the Seahawks turn at the #25 pick.

Quote:
25. Seattle Seahawks: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

The Seahawks are the new darlings of the NFL, and going forward they don't have a lot of glaring needs. Pete Carroll has made it known he's going to add defensive linemen this offseason, so a player like Sam Montgomery of LSU could get a look. But a wide receiver like Hopkins could be a star with Russell Wilson throwing deep passes.

I knew I wasn't on crack.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]