FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm
  • Either way, he's played his last down as a Seattle Seahawk. Book that.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8044
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm
  • This is from an article on Huff:

    "According to a release from the Issaquah Police Department on Wednesday morning, Hill was arrested on investigation of unlawful imprisonment-domestic violence and third-degree assault-domestic violence. According to King County Jail records, Hill was booked into the Seattle correctional facility early Wednesday afternoon.

    Both charges are felonies in Washington state. It's at least the fourth time Hill, 30, has been arrested and the second time he's been accused of domestic violence.

    Police said they responded to Hill's home around 4 p.m. Tuesday. A 26-year-old said she had been assaulted several times and was kept in Hill's home against her will. The women told police that Hill blocked the doorway and took her cellphone. She was able to escape the home when Hill used the bathroom, police said.

    She was treated at a hospital and released. A Seahawks spokesman said the team is aware of the situation."

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/leroy-hill-arrested-assault-charges-seahawks_n_2585186.html?utm_hp_ref=sports
    User avatar
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 161
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 pm
  • I wonder what she did or said to him to piss him off.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14331
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • for some reason i see leroy hill as tyrese gibson in baby boy
    User avatar
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am
    Location: LA


  • Welp...bye
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I wonder what she did or said to him to piss him off.


    'You're not getting enough depth, and I'm not talking about your zone drops baby.'
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 796
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


  • Maybe she said, "I want to be with a man with a job. You gonna be an unemployed BUM. I'm goin to KJ's place. Later, loser!!"

    Sounds like some lawyers will be making some money. That's what the DV system is primarily about, is creating busine$$ for the courts, attorneys, jails, and DV "training" industry. Protecting anyone, female or male, is secondary. False or trumped-up DV allegations create the same amount of business and money for the system participant$ as a serious violent incident. It's basically a family court scenario, you know, that place where the phrase "best interests of the child" really means do the things that will generate the most revenue for the system. Similarly, "protecting innocent DV victims" translates into generating $$ for the court, the DV training contractors (who, by the way, are a reliable contributor to the campaign fund for the judges), and $$ for the family court attorney (who are typically the TOP contributors to the election campaigns for judges).

    In this case, the initial reports make it *sound* like Hill crossed a line or two, and the charges may be legit. Legit, as opposed to a 2-way screaming match and a little 2-way pushing and shoving initiated by the woman; the honest DV studies show that women initiate over 50% of physical confrontations, but men responding back physically in anger do a LOT more damage... Since Hill can afford a real attorney, (not just a public defender) if he's convicted or any outcome other than charges dropped, we can assume there was some serious sh*t that truly went down.

    I agree with all the other posters who said Leroy Hill had played his last down as a Seahawk, DV or no DV. Hill was a weak link in pass defense, and had lost a step or two. I don't think he's under contract for next year. I bet some other team (Jacksonville?) picks him up off the scrap heap and gets another year or two out of him.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


  • RolandDeschain wrote:It's a bit disconcerting how much some of our posters know about laws relating to kidnapping and imprisoning other people. ;)


    Apparently a lot of people have axes, I mean exes. Personally... I blame this kind of crap on Dr. Phil and Reality Television enhancing the psycho drama queen princess behavior we see in society.... Bad Girls Club, Ultimate Fighter, Rock of Love, Dr. Phil, Celebrity Rehab. By showing the behavior on TV, TV leads people to believe that behavior is okay in society. Then we wonder why we're getting our asses kicked in the global marketplace.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1229
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


  • Good bye Leroy, it's been fun.

    signed,
    Disappointed
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6258
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


  • As far as Leroy being a Seahawk next year is concerned, that ship has long since sailed in my opinion for all the reasons I talked about before.

    Now if we're talking about Leroy Hill the man and judging him simply in regards to this incident -- my thoughts on that are pretty simple and straightforward. I'm assuming that one way or another he's going to end up going to counseling --either he figures out there's some issue, someone close to him pressures him to go, or he's court ordered to go at some point in his life. (Those counseling situations are totally different animals, by the way)

    So, if I were counseling Leroy Hill, this is the essence of the central question I would be posing to him. I would be asking him, "Leroy, why is it that your name keeps ending up in police reports?" I would also be asking him about the incident 2 years ago ... hopefully trying to get him to see a pattern and to identify his part in these blow-ups. You see, even if he ends up being totally innocent in this particular case ... the very fact that we have seen this kind of thing in connection to him before (and I will go out on a pretty firm limb and say that there have been plenty of other similar incidences that never ended up in a police blotter) speaks to the fact that he has WAY bigger fish than football to fry. It speaks to the fact that he has a problem -- a problem he's not going to be able to fix on his own.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 969
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • Aros wrote:Either way, he's played his last down as a Seattle Seahawk. Book that.

    If I had a dollar for every time I've said that, I'd have 4 dollars.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10992
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • As a former prosecutor I can tell you that the crime of DV unlawful imprisonment is taken seriously, and you can bet they will push it as far as they can if this goes to trial. No reason not to. Perhaps they would drop it if he agrees to plead to felony assault, but depending on the extent that Leroy actually "imprisoned" her, you could see the most damning facts come in support of that charge. If we are talking about forcible, violent restraint preventing her from leaving, that is no throwaway charge.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2406
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


  • Missing_Clink wrote:As a former prosecutor I can tell you that the crime of DV unlawful imprisonment is taken seriously, and you can bet they will push it as far as they can if this goes to trial. No reason not to. Perhaps they would drop it if he agrees to plead to felony assault, but depending on the extent that Leroy actually "imprisoned" her, you could see the most damning facts come in support of that charge. If we are talking about forcible, violent restraint preventing her from leaving, that is no throwaway charge.


    No way. I just dont see it.

    I respect and trust your career history, but I've had a prosecutor flat tell me it's a charge used as a throw away. That short of duct taping someone, its hard to prosecute. Now, maybe Leroy did that? Maybe it was the proper use of the charge.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Hawkscanner wrote:As far as Leroy being a Seahawk next year is concerned, that ship has long since sailed in my opinion for all the reasons I talked about before.

    Now if we're talking about Leroy Hill the man and judging him simply in regards to this incident -- my thoughts on that are pretty simple and straightforward. I'm assuming that one way or another he's going to end up going to counseling --either he figures out there's some issue, someone close to him pressures him to go, or he's court ordered to go at some point in his life. (Those counseling situations are totally different animals, by the way)

    So, if I were counseling Leroy Hill, this is the essence of the central question I would be posing to him. I would be asking him, "Leroy, why is it that your name keeps ending up in police reports?" I would also be asking him about the incident 2 years ago ... hopefully trying to get him to see a pattern and to identify his part in these blow-ups. You see, even if he ends up being totally innocent in this particular case ... the very fact that we have seen this kind of thing in connection to him before (and I will go out on a pretty firm limb and say that there have been plenty of other similar incidences that never ended up in a police blotter) speaks to the fact that he has WAY bigger fish than football to fry. It speaks to the fact that he has a problem -- a problem he's not going to be able to fix on his own.


    Image
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2760
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 am
  • pehawk wrote:No way. I just dont see it.

    I respect and trust your career history, but I've had a prosecutor flat tell me it's a charge used as a throw away. That short of duct taping someone, its hard to prosecute. Now, maybe Leroy did that? Maybe it was the proper use of the charge.



    All cases are fact specific, but I'm not sure why you or that person you talked to think that a felony charge such as DV unlawful imprisonment is almost always a throwaway charge. It can be a huge deal. In the DV context, if a suspect assaults their partner and then prevents them from leaving the house to report the crime, that is a very big problem. Regardless of what you have heard, surely you can see why as a society, we do not want situations where victims of crimes are held against their will so they cannot report those crimes. I have no idea what happened in Leroy's case, but it certainly sounds like it could end up being a big deal for him.

    Also, the original post used the example of taking someone's phone so they cannot call 911. That is not an accurate comparison to a DV situation. RCW 9A.36.150 is the statute that deals specifically with situations in which a suspect commits DV and then prevents the victim from calling 911. Note that this offense is a gross misdemeanor, which is less severe than a felony. From what I have read, this sounds like it may be an appropriate charge. If Leroy does get charged with felony unlawful imprisonment rather than interfering with reporting, I would take that to mean the facts are especially egregious.
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2406
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:As a former prosecutor I can tell you that the crime of DV unlawful imprisonment is taken seriously, and you can bet they will push it as far as they can if this goes to trial. No reason not to. Perhaps they would drop it if he agrees to plead to felony assault, but depending on the extent that Leroy actually "imprisoned" her, you could see the most damning facts come in support of that charge. If we are talking about forcible, violent restraint preventing her from leaving, that is no throwaway charge.


    No way. I just dont see it.

    I respect and trust your career history, but I've had a prosecutor flat tell me it's a charge used as a throw away. That short of duct taping someone, its hard to prosecute. Now, maybe Leroy did that? Maybe it was the proper use of the charge.


    It CAN be used as a throw-away, but it can also be pretty serious AS I ELUDED TO EARLIER. Coupled with felony assault, it will probably be used as a bargaining chip for a plea.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8715
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am
  • pehawk wrote:Ive never seen it not dropped. Always struck me as a charge a cop gave because brutality's frowned upon.

    Anthony? My name's Ryan, Les.


    Ben Roethlisberger wrote:It's funny because he's not actually talking to Les, but he's pretending that he is!

    Matthew Stafford wrote:@Roethlisburger @CANHawk #LOL
    Last edited by CANHawk on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11303
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am
  • Alright, maybe it's a different animal in a DV setting, entirely then? And, it may have to do with the county as well, if its a high volume county, it could be different? Where I heard that was indeed very high volume.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am
  • While Domestic violence is no laughing matter, the police tend to charge (mostly men) just to cover their ass.

    True story, while in my first home, in 1999, i had a Seahawk party with about 4 couples over watching the Monday night Green Bay game. We were pretty loud that night and it got me in trouble.

    I think the WR was Mayes that scored, when I jumped up, accidentally tipping over a piece of art (made of iron) that fell into a window and busted it.

    My nosey Mrs. Kravitz next door neighbor (old lady with serious drama issues) calls the police, claiming that my wife and I were fighting, when in fact the entire evening was full of raw happiness.

    They showed up, even though the situation was explained and verified, the cops literally put me in cuffs and arrested me for Domestic Violence (Malicious Mischief) for property damage TO MY OWN PROPERTY.

    Stating that my neighbor reported that my wife and I were fighting and yelling they took me in to the new Kent Jail down the hill. Since it was a DV charge, they automatically give a restraining order and would not let me out without posting 1500.00 bail which was posted before I was even processed. My wife demanded that there was no crime, no backing of charges yet it went to arraignment, literally the next day.

    I tried to explain to the judge that this was a mistake, that it was completely ridiculous which she heard as a smart-ass comment and would not return my bail. After retaining a lawyer, the prosecutor literally tried to make a deal, to get me to accept the charge of Malicious Mischief to end the case which my lawyer called him on and told him he doesn't have any witnesses and that my wife was certainly not going to be a good one for them so they dropped it.

    They confiscated my guns that night too. Took me 2 months to get them back WITH a lawyer. While I was not convicted, an arrest for DV showed up on my record and it nearly cost me my security clearance at work.

    That game cost me about 1000 in legal fees and another amount to have just the arrest removed from my record because legally, if I was ever asked if I have been ARRESTED for a crime, that I had to answer yes until it was removed which was different than having a conviction removed.

    So when Leroy Hill gets arrested for DV, I am not so quick to fall for the stories, even though he has been in trouble before. I don't think he would have been back anyways, but it is just an example of how quickly that charge can ruin your life. I get that we need to protect women from abusive men, so I am not saying that it is a bad law, but it sure has a way of taking a very harmful course on someone who is possibly guilty of nothing.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5761
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 am
  • Is Les a cop?
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am
  • I didn't think Leroy was coming back even before this latest incident............this just expedites the process of his exit from Seattle.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3067
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:20 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Well I'm thinking Smitty has taken his job at this point, but I would think hope this type of info would make the moral condemners hold off on their judgement, at least for a little while.

    Good luck.
    User avatar
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 6856
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 am
  • Hill needs to learn compassion. He doesn't even have it for himself. Sad, really sad.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am
  • "I would take that to mean the facts are especially egregious."

    Anytime anyone uses the word "egregious" in a sports forum he's out of line. To me that means they have decided to use this place as a courtroom rather than a place to talk sports.

    jesus.....save it for a judge, nothing but common folks here.

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am
  • pehawk wrote:Hill needs to learn compassion. He doesn't even have it for himself. Sad, really sad.

    True. Otherwise he'll only ever be a pathetic almost-was.
    User avatar
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 6856
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:17 am
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Hill needs to learn compassion. He doesn't even have it for himself. Sad, really sad.

    True. Otherwise he'll only ever be a pathetic almost-was.


    Jesus. You've really got it in for Leroy Hill, don't you? Rein it in a little.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 796
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 am
  • That's an insane story, loaf. I would be soooooo pissed.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14331
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:44 am
  • The Radish wrote:"I would take that to mean the facts are especially egregious."

    Anytime anyone uses the word "egregious" in a sports forum he's out of line. To me that means they have decided to use this place as a courtroom rather than a place to talk sports.

    jesus.....save it for a judge, nothing but common folks here.

    :roll:


    There's nothing common about me. I'm fabulous!
    :229031_thewave:
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11303
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 pm
  • cdallan wrote:
    MysterMatt wrote:
    True. Otherwise he'll only ever be a pathetic almost-was.


    Jesus. You've really got it in for Leroy Hill, don't you? Rein it in a little.

    Sort of a private joke. You couldn't be expected to understand.
    User avatar
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 6856
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:"I would take that to mean the facts are especially egregious."

    Anytime anyone uses the word "egregious" in a sports forum he's out of line. To me that means they have decided to use this place as a courtroom rather than a place to talk sports.

    jesus.....save it for a judge, nothing but common folks here.

    :roll:


    There's nothing common about me. I'm fabulous!
    :229031_thewave:



    FLUBULOUS is the word you're looking for.

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    cdallan wrote:
    MysterMatt wrote:
    True. Otherwise he'll only ever be a pathetic almost-was.


    Jesus. You've really got it in for Leroy Hill, don't you? Rein it in a little.

    Sort of a private joke. You couldn't be expected to understand.


    Umm, no, check his sig.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm
  • That's a great point. I need to read sigs more often.
    User avatar
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 6856
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:That's a great point. I need to read sigs more often.


    To be fair to Matt, I only changed to this sig last week as retaliation for Ryan describing me as boring and unfunny. Which isn't even that true, as can be seen by the many people who immediately leapt to my defence.

    He wishes he could take back his comments now, but it's too late. I have served him.

    Face!
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 796
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


  • Hill is a free agent that some other team will sign, maybe this should be moved to the NFL forum. :P
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8341
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Sounds like this is a bit more serious than him just standing in a doorway.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89033 ... 50000-bail

    "According to a probable cause statement released during Thursday's hearing, Hill's girlfriend told police she was assaulted numerous times for more than five hours on Tuesday. The woman told police she was struck 15-to-20 times by Hill, including being hit with a bottle of alcohol in the legs and torso.

    The woman told police she was restrained from leaving his residence for most of the day, and had her cellphone taken by Hill. The statement also says Hill used a knife to cut up two of the woman's purses and a pair of shoes."
    User avatar
    BallHawker
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 518
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm
    Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana


  • BallHawker wrote:Sounds like this is a bit more serious than him just standing in a doorway.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89033 ... 50000-bail

    "According to a probable cause statement released during Thursday's hearing, Hill's girlfriend told police she was assaulted numerous times for more than five hours on Tuesday. The woman told police she was struck 15-to-20 times by Hill, including being hit with a bottle of alcohol in the legs and torso.

    The woman told police she was restrained from leaving his residence for most of the day, and had her cellphone taken by Hill. The statement also says Hill used a knife to cut up two of the woman's purses and a pair of shoes."


    If this is true, then this is pretty serious. This sounds like a similar profile here to a lot of the DV related cases I used to work with. I remember listening to those interviews on Softy's show after the last incident ... how Leroy said all the right things, how he sounded so contrite, etc. I'm not going to jump to conclusions in this particular case other than to say that this strikes me as exactly the same kind of pattern we see in Domestic Violence cases.

    If this is true I hope Leroy gets the kind of help he really needs. People often believe unmistakably that all perpetrators of DV need is Anger Management -- I've been in courtrooms with judges who believe that as well, mistakenly sentencing them to Anger Management when in fact that's probably one of the worst things you can do. You see, what Anger Management does for a perpetrator is to simply give them another tool in their tool belt. So in a hypothetical situation, the police respond to a DV situation and find the woman an emotional wreck ... but the guy cool as the other side of the pillow, swearing that nothing is wrong and that everything's been blown out of proportion. In reality, what these guys need is counseling that aims at the root cause of DV -- the perpetrator's need to have total power and to be in complete control of his partner. DV is far more about Power and Control ... than it is about Anger.

    I sincerely hope that this ends up to not be as ugly as it sounds ... but I fear that this is exactly the kind of classic DV situation I described above. One way or another, he's done as a Seahawk. I just wish Leroy all the best and that he gets the help he truly needs if this is all true.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 969
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am


  • Still sounds like a throwaway charge. I dont see anything he REALLY did wrong.

    Wowee, Leroy.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Here is something that was supposedly posted by Leroy (I am guessing on Facebook)
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9206
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Well, he's kind of right. I had my rep destroyed, systematically, while I was away. Took about 6 months to undo the damage.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


  • Damn.... Well, it was nice knowing ya Leroy. I hope it isn't true, but that is some pretty deep stuff right there.

    The last pieces of the Holmy era are dropping off.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5761
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • The physical conditions of the woman's wrists and ankles lends credence to her being assaulted. At this point unless Leroy has video of her doing this to herself, he is toast. Maybe he should have invested into a nanny cam? They may do something with the unlawful restraint but the limited information so far makes it seem like he is going to be found guilty of some set of charges.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9206
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Yes he is entitled to tell his side of the story, which just so happens to be today and tomorrow in court.

    But Leroy's Facebook post is a glimpse into why he continues to have off the field problems. He's good at working the woe is me I'm just a victim angle, as opposed to looking in the mirror and realizing that he just may be the problem.

    Here's a good rule of thumb in life Leroy. When you make your first mistake, just about everybody is willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.............when you make your 15th mistake? Not so much.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3067
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Guess things will be in limbo for awhile

    Tim Booth ‏@ByTimBooth

    King County prosecutors office has decided not to file charges against Leroy Hill today. Say charging decision to come at later date.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9206
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • drdiags wrote:Guess things will be in limbo for awhile

    Tim Booth ‏@ByTimBooth

    King County prosecutors office has decided not to file charges against Leroy Hill today. Say charging decision to come at later date.


    Maybe I was right? But, the story sounded hairy.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:While Domestic violence is no laughing matter, the police tend to charge (mostly men) just to cover their ass.

    True story, while in my first home, in 1999, i had a Seahawk party with about 4 couples over watching the Monday night Green Bay game. We were pretty loud that night and it got me in trouble.

    I think the WR was Mayes that scored, when I jumped up, accidentally tipping over a piece of art (made of iron) that fell into a window and busted it.

    My nosey Mrs. Kravitz next door neighbor (old lady with serious drama issues) calls the police, claiming that my wife and I were fighting, when in fact the entire evening was full of raw happiness.

    They showed up, even though the situation was explained and verified, the cops literally put me in cuffs and arrested me for Domestic Violence (Malicious Mischief) for property damage TO MY OWN PROPERTY.

    Stating that my neighbor reported that my wife and I were fighting and yelling they took me in to the new Kent Jail down the hill. Since it was a DV charge, they automatically give a restraining order and would not let me out without posting 1500.00 bail which was posted before I was even processed. My wife demanded that there was no crime, no backing of charges yet it went to arraignment, literally the next day.

    I tried to explain to the judge that this was a mistake, that it was completely ridiculous which she heard as a smart-ass comment and would not return my bail. After retaining a lawyer, the prosecutor literally tried to make a deal, to get me to accept the charge of Malicious Mischief to end the case which my lawyer called him on and told him he doesn't have any witnesses and that my wife was certainly not going to be a good one for them so they dropped it.

    They confiscated my guns that night too. Took me 2 months to get them back WITH a lawyer. While I was not convicted, an arrest for DV showed up on my record and it nearly cost me my security clearance at work.

    That game cost me about 1000 in legal fees and another amount to have just the arrest removed from my record because legally, if I was ever asked if I have been ARRESTED for a crime, that I had to answer yes until it was removed which was different than having a conviction removed.

    So when Leroy Hill gets arrested for DV, I am not so quick to fall for the stories, even though he has been in trouble before. I don't think he would have been back anyways, but it is just an example of how quickly that charge can ruin your life. I get that we need to protect women from abusive men, so I am not saying that it is a bad law, but it sure has a way of taking a very harmful course on someone who is possibly guilty of nothing.


    Dude, this entire post deserves to be quoted. People don't realize how CORRUPT the DV system is. It's all about the money, and making it possible for the *DV INDUSTRY* to make money off of MEN. This sh*it is really going on out there, this poster is NOT exaggerating, NOT embellishing, and if anything, he is understating an unbelievably BS situation with remarkable calm.
    Wake up, don't get sucked into the FemiNazi's political and financial agenda. Find ways to oppose the growth of the DV INDUSTRY. Most of the DV stats quoted by DV-oriented groups are false, and at best, outright misleading.

    Here's the reality: about 10% of people, men and women, suffer from personality disorders or other psychological issues that tend to result in false allegations. In particular, with women, about 5% would be diagnosable with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. These individuals often become *serial false accusers* because they realize there are no safeguards in the system, no consequences for even blatantly false allegations. So it only takes one psychobitch relationship to totally furk over your life. BPDs and NPDs are responsible for 90%+ of high-conflict divorces, which, by the way, almost always involve (false) allegations of domestic violence, and lots of money being made by the attorneys, counselors, DV trainers, and everyone in the corrupt DV and family court industry.

    Not saying this is what happened with Hill, but a BPD fearing abandonment would do stuff like cut purse straps, self-inflict injury to create phony "evidence". Male BPDs do this too. I have a personal friend (female) who was leaving her ex. She came back to the house (alone, foolishly) to get some of her things. He beat her up with a baseball bat, then wedged a knife into the refrigerator door and backed into it to make it look like she had stabbed him. When the cops arrived, he pled self-defense. She was incapacitated, head injuries, arm and wrist injuries and unable to testify against him. Because she was incapacitated the next 18 months, he got custody of their two young children. I kid you not. This happened in PIERCE COUNTY. She did eventually get a civil settlement to cover ongoing medical expenses, surgeries, etc. WHERE WAS THE DV INDUSTRY TO PROTECT THIS WOMAN? They were busy sending innocent falsely-accused men to "DV training", that's where they were.

    Google "BPD distortion campaign" and you'll get a brief taste of what I'm talking about. Some of you may recognize an ex or past relationship in there.

    What can you DO? Insist on CRIMINAL PENALTIES for FALSE ALLEGATIONS. Insist on laws and standards that require ACTUAL EVIDENCE, reasonable DUE PROCESS, not just a woman's word that a man did it, and a system assumption that women never lie, and you must be one filthy guilty bastard. A false allegant causes extreme damage to a man's life with a false DV allegation. The legal consequences of false allegations should be in line with the penalties for the act falsely alleged.

    So if Hill did it, lock him up and throw away the key. The other possibility is that his girlfriend is a BPD or other similar psychobitch issues, and Leroy told her he'd be leaving (as in Seattle, he was done here anyway, and leaving her too) and she went ballistic and set him up. Yes, people, this sh*t really does happen, and yes, there are plenty of women who would do this type of thing. There are even books (see "Divorce Wars" on Amazon) that tell women step-by-step how to set men up for DV charges. Don't be hasty to judge. (Anyone remember Duke Lacrosse?)

    WAKE UP! INSIST ON PROOF! DUE PROCESS AND REASONABLE DOUBT!
    And if her story is proven to that standard, THEN lock him up and throw away the key.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 am
  • BallHawker wrote:Sounds like this is a bit more serious than him just standing in a doorway.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89033 ... 50000-bail

    "According to a probable cause statement released during Thursday's hearing, Hill's girlfriend told police she was assaulted numerous times for more than five hours on Tuesday. The woman told police she was struck 15-to-20 times by Hill, including being hit with a bottle of alcohol in the legs and torso.

    The woman told police she was restrained from leaving his residence for most of the day, and had her cellphone taken by Hill. The statement also says Hill used a knife to cut up two of the woman's purses and a pair of shoes."


    I have to say this sounds exactly like the kind of story a female BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder sufferer) could make up, to set up a man, as retaliation for her leaving him.
    They take advantage of the faux-chivalrous males who don't want to believe *any* woman could really do something like that. And then they laugh behind your back at how they set you up and fooled the stupid system, and how clever they are, and how pathetic and stupid you are. The unverifiable, easily staged, single-source "women never lie" accusations involving the purses, involuntary restraint, and cell phone confiscation make the whole thing worth looking at very, very closely. BPDs pick their victims carefully, and a malicious BPD would use Leroy's history against him, knowing that people would tend to give credibility to any allegation she makes.

    Not saying false allegations are what we have here, , just saying there is a legitimate 5% chance. 5% represents the population percentage of women who have the psychological issues who could and would do this type of thing. Because these 5% see these tactics work over and over throughout their lives, they use them again and again. Because of the repeat use of these tactics by *serial false accusers* I will upgrade my estimate to 20% chance that this whole thing is a setup by a clever, personality-disordered woman.

    Again, if it turns out to be substantiated by REAL EVIDENCE (not things that can be faked), then lock him up and throw away the key. But let's not be too quick to convict him based on one woman's say-so, until (hopefully honest) people in the system have a chance to look at the evidence. The DV system is *extremely* biased against men--because it's *profitable*!!! Since Hill can afford to hire a real attorney, we will probably eventually get something close to the truth. If Hill was a poor working stiff and couldn't afford a real attorney, and had to rely on a public pretender, er, defender, ring him up and put him in the can now, his life would be over.
    The "cutting up purses with a knife" part that strikes me as the kind of detail a malicious BPD might self-inflict and weave into such a story. Yes, guys, some women really do this sh*t. Let's give Leroy a chance to get his side of the story out.

    If her story turns out to be false and staged, do you think there will be any charges or punishment for her?? Not on your life!! So if we are dealing with a malicious BPD, there's no RISK to her for false allegations, and the sh*t that Leroy is being put through now would be pretty good payback to punish him for leaving her.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped
Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:While Domestic violence is no laughing matter, the police tend to charge (mostly men) just to cover their ass.

    Stating that my neighbor reported that my wife and I were fighting and yelling they took me in to the new Kent Jail down the hill. Since it was a DV charge, they automatically give a restraining order and would not let me out without posting 1500.00 bail which was posted before I was even processed. My wife demanded that there was no crime, no backing of charges yet it went to arraignment, literally the next day.

    I tried to explain to the judge that this was a mistake, that it was completely ridiculous which she heard as a smart-ass comment and would not return my bail. After retaining a lawyer, the prosecutor literally tried to make a deal, to get me to accept the charge of Malicious Mischief to end the case which my lawyer called him on and told him he doesn't have any witnesses and that my wife was certainly not going to be a good one for them so they dropped it.

    They confiscated my guns that night too. Took me 2 months to get them back WITH a lawyer. While I was not convicted, an arrest for DV showed up on my record and it nearly cost me my security clearance at work.

    That game cost me about 1000 in legal fees and another amount to have just the arrest removed from my record because legally, if I was ever asked if I have been ARRESTED for a crime, that I had to answer yes until it was removed which was different than having a conviction removed.



    Oh, you were taken to the KENT RJC!! No wonder!! They have to find ways to pay for that building, and all the Vette's and Jags and Beamers you see out front, the lawyers and judges. You were their cannon fodder, and it's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, and the DV industry's *ENTITLEMENT* to make MONEY off you, and false allegations are an excellent fund-raising opportunity. Your lawyer is most likely a campaign contributor to the judge you went in front of. (See if you can look this up and verify, and let us know) After you finally got off, your lawyer and the judge went out for drinks and a round of golf, paid for by you. You got off cheap with only $1000 in legal fees, in a case with NO ACTUAL EVIDENCE, multiple witnesses in your favor. All I can say is OK sheeple, let's find ways to wake up and fight back!
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Next


It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information