FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped

pehawk

Reaction score
I just saw he got an involuntary imprisonment charge. That's a charge which gets dropped, 99.999% of the time. It's what cops pass out, knowing full well it cant be prosecuted. I've never received one in a DV setting, but I know from prosecutors what it means in laymans.

For example.

If you get in a fight with a dude, the police decide it was "fair" but HAVE TO arrest someone, to cover their asses, this is a charge they'd pass to one party. If you kicked a phone out of his hand, or kept him from calling bouncers, voila, "II" charge.

Change your mind? Kinda does mine. My guess is they got called, both we're arguing, and they seperated them with a trumped arrest and a charge that wont stick.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Glad we have somebody with your level of expertise around here.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
pehawk":3mvi40z8 said:
I just saw he got an involuntary imprisonment charge. That's a charge which gets dropped, 99.999% of the time. It's what cops pass out, knowing full well it cant be prosecuted. I've never received one in a DV setting, but I know from prosecutors what it means in laymans.

For example.

If you get in a fight with a dude, the police decide it was "fair" but HAVE TO arrest someone, to cover their asses, this is a charge they'd pass to one party. If you kicked a phone out of his hand, or kept him from calling bouncers, voila, "II" charge.

Change your mind? Kinda does mine. My guess is they got called, both we're arguing, and they seperated them with a trumped arrest and a charge that wont stick.

If you're asking whether or not that changes my mind on whether or not the Hawks should keep him ... absolutely positively not. First of all, skill-wise from what I'm seeing his have deteriorated to the point that he's become a real liability to the overall defense. I would contend that he's a big reason for the for why teams were able to find increasing success in those short to middle zones ... and also why the run defense steadily deteriorated as the season wore on.

Not only he is too old ... but I'm sorry, there has just been way too much smoke surrounding this guy ever since he first donned a Seahawk uniform. He's just had far too many incidences/brushes with the law. I'm thinking that they'd already made up their minds not to bring him back next year ... and this latest incident just put that final nail in the coffin.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Maybe he stood in front of the door, blocking her path? Unplugged phone? I'm not sure how'd it work in the home.

But, all you have to do is block someone from going where they'd prefer to go, and that's the charge. Some lil worm running to get the bouncers, you impede? There ya go, you got a charge that'd make Notorious BIG proud.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
pehawk":1lf7xy3i said:
Maybe he stood in front of the door, blocking her path? Unplugged phone? I'm not sure how'd it work in the home.

But, all you have to do is block someone from going where they'd prefer to go, and that's the charge. Some lil worm running to get the bouncers, you impede? There ya go, you got a charge that'd make Notorious BIG proud.

Pehawk, as far as his future with the Seahawks is concerned, I'd say that this incident is completely irrelevant in that decision process. Regardless of whether he's guilty or not here ... or even if he had kept his nose totally clean this offseason, he wasn't going to be back. He was already gone.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I respect and for the most part agree with your assesment scanner.

Just think its only fair to get this side out as well.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm thinking Smitty has taken his job at this point, but I would think hope this type of info would make the moral condemners hold off on their judgement, at least for a little while.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He was a weakness on our defense so I don't see him being back anyways.

joeshaney

Reaction score
I figured he'd be back and given the opportunity to compete with whatever rookie is drafted to replace him.

This even DOES change my mind.

I believe that Malcolm Smith is a liability on run defense and since that is the biggest weakness on our defense (at least it was at the end of the year) I do not believe he is the answer.

I would not be surprised if we look to free agency (in addition to the draft) to replace Hill. Perhaps Wheeler or Henderson.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Its Unlawful Imprisonment, not Involuntary. (Unless he was charged with a city ordinance code or something). And yeah, it can range from actually wrapping someone to a chair with duct tape to grabbing her arm because they were arguing and he didn't want her to leave. Lots of ways to apply it

9A.40.040
Unlawful imprisonment.

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful imprisonment if he or she knowingly restrains another person.

(2) Unlawful imprisonment is a class C felony.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Wonder if Leroy might work out at Clem's position where he doesn't have to worry about covering anybody....and can just attack the QB as he has been a good pass rusher in the past....i'd like to see him stay especially if the charges get dropped!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Youre right, Les. It is unlawful. My take on it remains the same, at least from what ive seen, its a throw-away charge.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
pehawk":19gqhlc8 said:
Youre right, Les. It is unlawful. My take on it remains the same, at least from what ive seen, its a throw-away charge.

It's a weird one, Anthony. In some cases it will land you on the state's Registered Sex/kidnapping offender list, and other times its dropped to mal misch or completely pending probation.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
At least he didn't drag he her down the stairs by her hair this time.
Baby steps. He will be the husband of the year by 2083 at this rate.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Ive never seen it not dropped. Always struck me as a charge a cop gave because brutality's frowned upon.

Anthony? My name's Ryan, Les.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SonicHawk":cme4est3 said:
He was a weakness on our defense so I don't see him being back anyways.

I agree...a moot point regarding his guilt. IMO...there is a 99.9% chance that he will not be in Training Camp this summer.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's a bit disconcerting how much some of our posters know about laws relating to kidnapping and imprisoning other people. ;)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
pehawk":1gvoohxq said:
Ive never seen it not dropped. Always struck me as a charge a cop gave because brutality's frowned upon.

Anthony? My name's Ryan, Les.
That's too bad. I thought that your name was Anthony as well. You sure?

Latest posts