Would he have made the team?

Slick

Reaction score
I'd never say no. But I don't believe he fits the mold physically of what we look for in our secondary.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
normally I'd say pipe dream but after this past season I wouldn't bet against any short athletes.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dude is an elite athlete. Probably not any shorter than Josh Wilson. I seriously doubt that his skills are anywhere near NFL level right now, but it would have been fun to watch

pehawk

Reaction score
Dude started in the toughest conference on CB's, as a freshman. He plays hoops like a NFL'R.

If he had stayed at football, he'd be the Honey Badger, no doubt in my mind.

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3dphab6q said:
I think he'd have value as a returner. Just don't know about anything higher than a nickel CB spot for him, though. Amazing athlete and relentless competitor.

The Pac-12's BRUTAL on CB's. Marcus Trufant was torched, ALOT, and he was picked Top 10. It was actually McMillan on KJR who told Robinson he'd make it in NBA, if he ditched football.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Not the biggest NBA fan since Sonics left, so i haven't been keeping up on Nate's overall health.

Not sure if he would of made the Hawks, but as a KR/PR don't doubt there would be a couple NFL teams interested in his services. He's a rare, rare athlete.

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2sgosq90 said:
pehawk":2sgosq90 said:
peachesenregalia":2sgosq90 said:
I think he'd have value as a returner. Just don't know about anything higher than a nickel CB spot for him, though. Amazing athlete and relentless competitor.

The Pac-12's BRUTAL on CB's. Marcus Trufant was torched, ALOT, and he was picked Top 10. It was actually McMillan on KJR who told Robinson he'd make it in NBA, if he ditched football.

Marcus Trufant is still getting torched a lot. As much as i like Nate, putting him on the outside would be suicide, IMO.

Trufant, after he sat out and got his injury straight played solid nickel for us. He had a few games early (The Patriots game comes to mind), but when he got himself healthy, he played really good for us. Now, I think too many people are too hard on Trufant and remember more about that Patriots game than anything else, but really, you can't name too many nickels who weren't burned like toast against the Patriots all season long.

I still would like an upgrade, but I really wonder if people are just parroting others about Trufant sometimes. He really wasn't as bad as many make him out to have been.

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3gvllnu3 said:
He just felt like a liability at times, Kid.

I hear ya, and I wish you could go back and watch the tape. Those games he came back after his injury, he played, not just ok, but actually played really well.

pehawk

Reaction score
Uggh, I hate agreeing with kid, but people pile on Tru because it's the cool thing to do. He played well after returning from injury - he made the QB's and WR's earn it.

kearly

Reaction score
I remember hearing about him leaving football to focus on basketball many years ago and being very bummed about it. He flashed superstar ability even as a freshman. He wouldn't make this roster though, he's way too small and his gifts would be best served on a zone heavy team that allow him to break on the football as much as possible.

The NBA is much harder to break into than the NFL is. That Robinson played many seasons in the NBA is no small feat- but I think he made a mistake. He should have stuck with football.

Just read the article. Really like how Robinson represents Seattle in it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I remember when he visited practice, but it is interesting to hear that Carroll actually asked him to join practice (not just come to watch). Wonder how he would have done.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like he feels he made a mistake...and IMO the NBA is much easier to make it in than the NFL.

"@nate_robinson: @CoachRomar thanks coach ... I'm thankful u gave me a Scholarship lol or i would have been playing in the NFL LOL #GoHuskies!!!!"