The Next Big Thing

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Everyone in the national media likes Russell Wilson so much that they want him to be the next big thing. A lot of the people are predicting Seattle to go deep into the playoffs next year and If RW wins it all then he is gonna be proving their predictions right. National media loves it when they are right about things. Watch them go crazy over RW n the Seahawks after that...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
that second guy is a derp "Der derp im just going to go along with token answers even though the last time seattle played SF they killed them and the patriots aren't going to get any better as tom brady gets older". derp derp.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawknballs":23oi5qex said:
that second guy is a derp "Der derp im just going to go along with token answers even though the last time seattle played SF they killed them and the patriots aren't going to get any better as tom brady gets older". derp derp.

But wait, he said the Niners are a young solid, physical football team that is built to last. Does he not know the heart of that defense that puts it all together and makes Aldon Smith relevant is turning 34 in September and struggled with injury this year? Not to mention Harbaugh play's his defenders nearly every snap of every game and contributes to the odds Justin Smith will incur more injuries.

Uhm, the young defense is in Seattle ya maroon. A smarter analysis would be to expect a decline from the Niner's D and another step forward for Seattle's.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I think I will chime in here. :)

While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

Justin Smith was also injured for that game remember? ;)

And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2dmz689l said:
And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team. In fact it was reported by many analysts that what contributed to our defensive troubles in Seattle had everything to do with the fact that our defense played like 96 snaps during our victory over the Patriots the game before and you guys benefited off an exhausted team. This is why the analysts don't really take that game into account or include it in their thinking like somebody stated above.

And for the record, I agree that the Seahawks will make the playoffs next year...via wild card of course! ;)
HEY... SH!T FOR BRAINS... THE NFCW IS OURS. GO HOME. YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1jfkfc88 said:

While obviously the Niners are going to be the stylish pick to repeat next year if they win it this year just like the media always predicts a repeat LOL, most of us fans aren't that much of a homer to think they would just because they got there this year. That being said, the guy on the right is no doubt taking into account that Justin Smith will be 100% next season to start off, and also the most likely possibility that Harbaugh will start limiting the snaps for our veteran players just like he does for Frank Gore by rotating him with LMJ.

The main cog in your defensive wheel is turning 34 in September and already showing signs of age. The Niner defense last year didn't allow a single rushing TD all year until Lynch did it and then you gave up two more the following week. This year your run defense is much more questionable than last and you should expect the same next year. Add to that if your front seven isn't as dominant, your secondary will become much more volatile. Right now your LB's and Aldon Smith live and breath by what Justin Smith is doing for you. Take him out even for breathers and your defense is diminished. If he gets injured again and it is more likely than this or last year not to mention if he is losing a step, your great defense becomes much more average and it is a little harder to find allpro Dlineman than you might think.

Your argument is weak about over playing your defense so they were tired. We also just had an epic game the week before traveling to your house but were on a short week playing you on Thursday night and you won by 7 and that was with Justin Smith. I didn't hear any analysts saying you benefited from our tired defense. I do agree both teams were off a bit in each others house. Our receivers dropped more balls that game then any three combined but the difference was you were able to squeak by us while we on less rest, were able to (your words) crush you.

Enjoy your run because it is nearly over and I am not as confident you will make the playoffs next year as you are of us. I believe your defense will take a step back and your opponents defense will better defend Kaepernicks scrambling, forcing him to improve his pocket passing and reading defenses. I also think the Rams will take yet another step forward and they already seem to have your number. I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners finished third in the division and didn't make the playoffs at all.

It's not just Justin Smith either. Gore is getting long in the tooth also and he is the heart of your offense. This is why I commented on the guy on the right saying you are a young team and built to stay that way. It ignores possibly the two best players on your team rapidly approaching their expiration dates. The shoe is getting ready to drop and it is much closer than you think.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2xk0sfej said:
And I hope that nobody thinks that just because you guys crushed us in Seattle this year automatically means that you are the better team.

Agreed. Neither Justin Smith nor Vernon Davis were a factor in that game.

drdiags

Reaction score
Regarding the tenor of the Seahawks vs 9ers games, over the past 3 years the last 3 games have been really good slobberknockers. Coach Harbaugh's first one was also close but both teams were not really gelling yet due to the lockout and the 9ers pulled away thanks to Ginn. The year before, it was Singletary's swan song but a royal ass kicking. Pete's first game back in the Pros was more a turnover fest by Smith and Hasselbeck burning a gambling corner.

This last game was a rout but it was joyfully unexpected. The first one for Wilson was competitive but the offense and then the defense couldn't make enough plays.

So just looking back and forward, one would expect the games to take on the tone of a Ravens/Steelers match. Probably for the next 2-3 years I suspect. Would love for the Seahawks to be dominant and go on a run of victories but I doubt that will be the case.

We will find out how things shake out when the next season starts. The current one has about 48 hrs left. Must be nice to take it all the way to the end. Figure all the 9ers folks would be over at the Ravens site going back and forth on who will win it this year. Must have rotating scout duty to keep an eye on the great unwashed.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1577e6jl said:
NinerLifer":1577e6jl said:

The main cog in your defensive wheel is turning 34 in September and already showing signs of age. The Niner defense last year didn't allow a single rushing TD all year until Lynch did it and then you gave up two more the following week. This year your run defense is much more questionable than last and you should expect the same next year. Add to that if your front seven isn't as dominant, your secondary will become much more volatile. Right now your LB's and Aldon Smith live and breath by what Justin Smith is doing for you. Take him out even for breathers and your defense is diminished. If he gets injured again and it is more likely than this or last year not to mention if he is losing a step, your great defense becomes much more average and it is a little harder to find allpro Dlineman than you might think.

Your argument is weak about over playing your defense so they were tired. We also just had an epic game the week before traveling to your house but were on a short week playing you on Thursday night and you won by 7 and that was with Justin Smith. I didn't hear any analysts saying you benefited from our tired defense. I do agree both teams were off a bit in each others house. Our receivers dropped more balls that game then any three combined but the difference was you were able to squeak by us while we on less rest, were able to (your words) crush you.

Enjoy your run because it is nearly over and I am not as confident you will make the playoffs next year as you are of us. I believe your defense will take a step back and your opponents defense will better defend Kaepernicks scrambling, forcing him to improve his pocket passing and reading defenses. I also think the Rams will take yet another step forward and they already seem to have your number. I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners finished third in the division and didn't make the playoffs at all.

It's not just Justin Smith either. Gore is getting long in the tooth also and he is the heart of your offense. This is why I commented on the guy on the right saying you are a young team and built to stay that way. It ignores possibly the two best players on your team rapidly approaching their expiration dates. The shoe is getting ready to drop and it is much closer than you think.

Well now I see what outsiders who come to 49ers.com mean when they call us homers LOL.

Obviously I know I am not going to be awarded a win in any argument in this thread by you guys. Everything I mention in regards to the Niners are things that are stated by the majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do. So I am not creating the news, I am just restating it.

And don't get confidence confused with respect. I respect your team in regards that it is obvious that this season they took a huge step in the right direction. But there are many teams that have a breakout season, who fall off the map the very next year ( Lions for example ). I am not "guaranteeing" that will happen with you guys, but based on this season I have enough respect for your team to take them seriously to start out the next. But I am not going to bet on it either, just as I am not going to bet on the Niners winning SB 48 at this point either.

But like I have said before, I look forward to our matchups next year as it will make for some good football. So far PC is 1 for 4 against JH in the NFL, we shall see if he can improve his record next year, as I must admit that the rivalry between our coaches makes our matchups that much more amusing.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":fptoeyh1 said:
NinerLifer":fptoeyh1 said:

HEY... SH!T FOR BRAINS... THE NFCW IS OURS. GO HOME. YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.

Neither are you with responses like this.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Heard on Brock n Salk this afternoon them call that hit on VD "Good Wheel Hunting" I almost laughed as hard as when someone called Kam, Penicillin cause he Knocks out VD.

I would just like to point out WE dropped 7 passes the first game and WE broke it off in your a## the second game. I really hope you don't think you are just so much better then us, that it was a fluke we beat you because Russ is gonna make Crap his bitch for every year after this. Oh wait Crap was already his bitch this year it was Smith that beat us. Let US also point out the pathetic 26 points you mustered in 2 games, not even bringing up the last TD ya scored wasn't one. I could continue but it is a waste of time bringing up logic and reason to ninerfans

Good day :stirthepot:

BGHawk

Reaction score
Everything I mention in regards to the Niners are things that are stated by the majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do. So I am not creating the news, I am just restating it.

"'majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do""...hahaha..I think not,..majority dont know shit about the the NFCW. go away fanboy

n

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3bqznul4 said:
RichNhansom":3bqznul4 said:
NinerLifer":3bqznul4 said:

Well now I see what outsiders who come to 49ers.com mean when they call us homers LOL.

Obviously I know I am not going to be awarded a win in any argument in this thread by you guys. Everything I mention in regards to the Niners are things that are stated by the majority of the analysts who know a lot more about football than we do. So I am not creating the news, I am just restating it.

And don't get confidence confused with respect. I respect your team in regards that it is obvious that this season they took a huge step in the right direction. But there are many teams that have a breakout season, who fall off the map the very next year ( Lions for example ). I am not "guaranteeing" that will happen with you guys, but based on this season I have enough respect for your team to take them seriously to start out the next. But I am not going to bet on it either, just as I am not going to bet on the Niners winning SB 48 at this point either.

But like I have said before, I look forward to our matchups next year as it will make for some good football. So far PC is 1 for 4 against JH in the NFL, we shall see if he can improve his record next year, as I must admit that the rivalry between our coaches makes our matchups that much more amusing.

The analyst your referring to on this topic obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or he wouldn't have compared Seattle and San Francisco and made the comment they are young and built to stay that way. It is fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything of the two teams, Seattle is the younger and more likely team to stay that way as I pointed out. Just because an analyst says something you like doesn't make him knowledgeable.

As for a breakout season. The Niners were the team with a breakout season. The Seahawks have obviously been building up to this since Pete and Johns arrival. The only thing that held us back last year was Tarvaris Jackson and that problem has obviously been fixed. This year we need to improve our pass rush to achieve yet another level of progression but even without it this year against some of the best QB's in the game we were still among the leagues elite and #1 against the most important defensive stat of points allowed.

I have explained why I think the Niners are reaching the end of their window. Please explain what part of the Seahawks you expect to digress next year.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Niners fan doing what Niners fans do. Pretend that their viewpoint is widely accepted fact and that they are bringing rational analysis and critical thinking to an otherwise wildly homerific conversation.

The Hawks whooped the Niners in embarrassing fashion all you've got are excuses. If your defense and especially Aldon Smith turn to crap when Smith is out, how good is your defense? What happened to the vaunted 49ers depth we hear so much about? I'm not even going to dignify the "but we was soooooo tired" excuse with a response.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
pinksheets":1ax8sxpe said:
Niners fan doing what Niners fans do. Pretend that their viewpoint is widely accepted fact and that they are bringing rational analysis and critical thinking to an otherwise wildly homerific conversation.

The Hawks whooped the Niners in embarrassing fashion all you've got are excuses. If your defense and especially Aldon Smith turn to crap when Smith is out, how good is your defense? What happened to the vaunted 49ers depth we hear so much about? I'm not even going to dignify the "but we was soooooo tired" excuse with a response.

It seems that the majority of fans on here are clinging to one game against us as the reason for their belief that they are better.

The analyst your referring to on this topic obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or he wouldn't have compared Seattle and San Francisco and made the comment they are young and built to stay that way. It is fairly obvious to anyone who knows anything of the two teams, Seattle is the younger and more likely team to stay that way as I pointed out. Just because an analyst says something you like doesn't make him knowledgeable.

I didn't say "analyst", I said "analystS".

And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

As for a breakout season. The Niners were the team with a breakout season.

So you are claiming we had 2 break out seasons in a row? That doesnt even make any sense man. This season proved that last year wasn't a fluke. Next year your team will be faced with the same task of convincing the world that this year wasn't a fluke in Seattle.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2cy0l3rf said:
pinksheets":2cy0l3rf said:

It seems that the majority of fans on here are clinging to one game against us as the reason for their belief that they are better.

And the comment made above in regards to "the touchdown that wasn't" proved that I am not going to receive a non-homeristic reply in this thread apparently, except for 1 reply I believe so far. Just because a player on the Seahawks tries to convince a ref that the catch was bobbled, doesn't make it true...especially after the replay that us tv viewers got to see courtesy of the network proved it was in fact a catch. PC even knew better than to challenge it.

So you are claiming we had 2 break out seasons in a row? That doesnt even make any sense man. This season proved that last year wasn't a fluke. Next year your team will be faced with the same task of convincing the world that this year wasn't a fluke in Seattle.

I think the best one yet was bringing up Carroll and Harbaugh. If you really think it is a fair assessment of coaching between these two when Harbaugh pretty much inherited a complete team. What exactly did he rebuild? Only thing he has done is draft Kaepernick. How did your first round pick do this year? Might want to back up your arguments with some logic before coming here just saying. I have respect for the 49ers and you are a good team. Next 5 years is going to be totally insane. Nothing wrong with having confidence in your team but when you see us coming up on the schedule you can't tell me it doesn't give you the pucker factor. Our offense is just beginning to get started. Saying Justin Smith wasn't healthy sure it was a big deal. You really think our D line was healthy? Red Bryant was essentially playing on one foot the last half of the season. I am pretty sure Branch and Mebane were nicked up also. It happens it's part of the game. Let's just say we had your number this year. Next year could be worse for you guys or it could be better we will see.

jman316

Reaction score
Hey guys lighten up on the poor niner fans.
It's scary when the window is closing on you HARD and FAST.

The house of cards starts tumbling with the tarnishing of their dusty, but currently unblemished Superbowl record. And while the silly, delusional fan-base will only have recollection of the big game they lost, they'll still crow about the ones they won before they even knew what football was.

I, for one, hope all the new whiner fans stick around so I don't have to go too far to witness the catastrophic bandwagon implosion.

GO HAWKS!!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
jman316":33o50xds said:
Hey guys lighten up on the poor niner fans.
It's scary when the window is closing on you HARD and FAST.

The house of cards starts tumbling with the tarnishing of their dusty, but currently unblemished Superbowl record. And while the silly, delusional fan-base will only have recollection of the big game they lost, they'll still crow about the ones they won before they even knew what football was.

I, for one, hope all the new whiner fans stick around so I don't have to go too far to witness the catastrophic bandwagon implosion.

GO HAWKS!!

LOL

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":32s3caf2 said:
NinerLifer":32s3caf2 said:
pinksheets":32s3caf2 said:

I think the best one yet was bringing up Carroll and Harbaugh. If you really think it is a fair assessment of coaching between these two when Harbaugh pretty much inherited a complete team. What exactly did he rebuild? Only thing he has done is draft Kaepernick. How did your first round pick do this year? Might want to back up your arguments with some logic before coming here just saying. I have respect for the 49ers and you are a good team. Next 5 years is going to be totally insane. Nothing wrong with having confidence in your team but when you see us coming up on the schedule you can't tell me it doesn't give you the pucker factor. Our offense is just beginning to get started. Saying Justin Smith wasn't healthy sure it was a big deal. You really think our D line was healthy? Red Bryant was essentially playing on one foot the last half of the season. I am pretty sure Branch and Mebane were nicked up also. It happens it's part of the game. Let's just say we had your number this year. Next year could be worse for you guys or it could be better we will see.

Comparing Harbaugh and PC is like comparing apples and oranges.

PC had to rebuild a team which takes time. Harbaugh had to take over a team that had all the pieces but just lacked a coach to use them properly. Both coaches have done great so far with what they have been asked to do. Harbaugh hasn't had to rebuild a team yet so we won't know how well he is at it for a long time. Harbaugh has proved he is an excellent judge of talent.