Most Improved Seahawk - 2012

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't know if there is already a thread on this but given how vastly different my opinion on this player is from what it was last year I think it deserves some mention.

I was watching the Russell Wilson ROY nomination video and noticed one WR pop out numerous times and really give meaning to the YAC stat, as I believe he was one of the best.

Golden Tate, really improved and showed some value that I did not originally think he could give the team based on prior seasons.

Think someone else deserves this? Discuss.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No Tater Hater here. Outside of our future HOF QB, nobody epitomized the Pete Paradigm more than Tate in 2012.

Axx

Reaction score
The Big Russian was the most improved player imo

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Sherman improved from a very good CB to an All Pro.
Okung improved from an inconsistent player who flashes, to a consistent player who flashes. I'm sure health plays a big role in this.

But, my most improved player, year over year: Beast. Lynch has always been a fun player to watch, and would always fight through tackles, fall forward, and punish defenders. But over the last 18 months or so, something strange happened... and he started reading blocks. His footwork behind the LOS increased a mile. His footwork in space improved. His vision improved. Watching Lynch improve from an entertaining RB to an elite entertaining RB has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had as a Seahawks fan. No exaggeration.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the personality, and nucleus of the NEW Seahawks, and the catylist to the why everyone seems to be elevating their game.
Knowing that RW is going to be an outstanding FHOF QB, Lynch wants to do his part in making it happen.
Tate wants to be an intregal (sp) part of the RW process, and besides, he's off the field good friends with Wilson, and they will only get better as time goes on.
Defensively?, who wouldn't want to be a part of history in the making,,It's like saying, hey RW, we got your back.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Sid and Golden each had improved years, simply by staying healthy all season as well as by making key plays in key spots. As was said above, Sherman went from very good to perhaps the best lock down corner in the league. Unger and Okung each continued to improve on already solid resumes. I'd also add KJ Wright to the list of one of our young guys who looked better this past year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I do think Tate was the most improved player, but an earlier post about Marshawn Lynch was dead on. He really looked for the holes in a different way and combined that physical running with avoiding some tackles too. Some of it might be the improvement of the O-line, but he really ran like the elite back that he. Tate just did everything better, whether it was going after balls, the determination to get to the goal line or even blocking, he did it better and frankly has done it better in each year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tate by far. No question.

Though I think Zach Miller might run away with it if Bevell opened up the offense sooner than he did. Miller was money in the playoffs

bellingerga

Reaction score
Tate definitely took a huge leap towards realizing his potential. I expect even more out of him next year though and if there's no improvement it will be a huge dissapointment to me.

sutz

Reaction score
Tate was the first player to come to my mind. I kind of expected it from him, but RW was an intergral part of that IMHO.

RW is disqualified for this award as he didn't play here last year. ;)

Most of Lynch's improvement is on the O-line IMHO. Sherm did well, but we kind of expected the D to excel this year.

So I go with Golden Tate.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd say Sherm, he was good last year but this year he was the best corner in the league. I'd also say Tate and KJ were both very improved too.

kearly

Reaction score
Good thread.

#1: Tate
#2: Okung
#3: Browner
#4: McCoy
#5: Miller
#6: Giacomini
#7: Wright

Honorable mention: Frank Omiyale (wasn't with Seattle last season but vastly improved under Cable).

Cool thing is, how many Seahawks regressed this year? Not many.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Max Unger.

He was a solid-average center in 2011 with below average run blocking grades from Pro Football Focus. This season his run blocking grades shot through the roof, he was graded one of the top 3 centers in the league overall by PFF, and he was elected a Pro Bowl starter.

Renohawk

Reaction score
Well, i'm going out and saying B Wagner, he showed flashes of greatness, early in the year, some runs were eating him up, but seemed to fix the problem as the year went on. A rookie middle LB, thrown into calling plays, down right amazing.

kearly

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1e3loiqm said:
Max Unger.

He was a solid-average center in 2011 with below average run blocking grades from Pro Football Focus. This season his run blocking grades shot through the roof, he was graded one of the top 3 centers in the league overall by PFF, and he was elected a Pro Bowl starter.

Unger was bad in the first half of 2011 and stellar in the 2nd half of 2011. Unger's improvement came from within the 2011 season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bellingerga":1bo763ci said:
Tate definitely took a huge leap towards realizing his potential. I expect even more out of him next year though and if there's no improvement it will be a huge dissapointment to me.

Better route running should be his focus. As shifty and quick as he is, we could have another Engram, only more elusive and better at catching jump balls.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Tate has been my favorite player in all of sports since his sophomore season so I'm trying not to be biased, but if we're not counting in-season improvement (RW3) I think Tate is the one. I think it started clicking late last season that he could do it, and then from the start of this year he showed that he would do it. I still think he's underutilized and an elite talent so I'm hoping he continues to trend way upward, but either way I think he did a great job this season capitalizing on the progress he made a year ago.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Okung. Hurt prior years and made a lot of mental errors. He could be beaten by fast edge rushers. This year one of the best in the league

Latest posts