An Observation

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson didn't win ROTY, but has anyone noticed that he is the one on all the shows, interviews, analysis view points etc.

Where is RGIII? Where is Luck? Where is Tannahill?, Where is Weedon?

Is it because he is smoother on camera, looks better on camera, more articulate, or smarter and has better football IQ or all the above ?

Just a thought really but when the whole media circuit seems to want your guy that pretty much sends a statement to what value you have. Endorsements, merchandise and all else is sure to follow. The Seahawks with Sherman and Wilson should spike really high in jersey requests next year versus the rest of the league in improved sales.

Largent80

Reaction score
I ordered a new Wilson jersey for my 85 year old mom who absolutely LOVES him, enough said. She calls him "our little quarterback".....I LOVE it.

Decimation

Reaction score
Hmm.. that's a good thought.

Honestly, I love the media attention he's finally getting. Seems like Wilson is everywhere nowadays.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well.....isn't RGIII recovering from major knee surgery, and Luck seems kinda shy and one that stays out of the spotlights.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Blitzer88":nf84p35q said:
Well.....isn't RGIII recovering from major knee surgery, and Luck seems kinda shy and one that stays out of the spotlights.

They are NFL QB's, Super Bowl week, RGIII was in some other interviews concerning ROTY, Luck didn't have issues with being in front of the camera before the draft.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
chris98251":2vz42lg2 said:
or all the above ?

All of the above.

Wilson is going to be huge. I was at the shopping mall the other day, and saw #3 jerseys in several stores. Not a big deal for you guys in WA. But I live in Greensboro NC. I have not seen Seahawks gear anywhere in Greensboro for the past 10 years. Now it is available everywhere.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkFanNC":37wrc1zm said:
chris98251":37wrc1zm said:
or all the above ?

All of the above.

Wilson is going to be huge. I was at the shopping mall the other day, and saw #3 jerseys in several stores. Not a big deal for you guys in WA. But I live in Greensboro NC. I have not seen Seahawks gear anywhere in Greensboro for the past 10 years. Now it is available everywhere.

Nice that you have #3 jerseys there. In the Seattle area, at least the places I've seen, there isn't a #3 or #25 to be found ANYWHERE!

O-LineFan

Reaction score
I don't recall where I saw it, but I swear that I read something about RG3 saying that he isn't going to attend the Superbowl until he's actually in it.

Pretty cool reason, but after winning ROTY I would have assumed that he would be more present. Oh well, more facetime so Wilson can continue to make the nation love him more and more.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I saw RG3 and Luck in a couple interviews yesterday, but yeah, NOTHING to the level we've seen Russell.

Rat

Reaction score
RG3 was on like half the commercials they showed during football season. Probably taking a break. Doesn't help that he's dealing with a horrible knee injury.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Whether they like it or not, the media knows that the Russell Wilson led Seahawks are going to be formidable in the playoffs and championships for years to come. Everyone loves a winner.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3r48znat said:
Wilson didn't win ROTY, but has anyone noticed that he is the one on all the shows, interviews, analysis view points etc.

Where is RGIII? Where is Luck? Where is Tannahill?, Where is Weedon?

Is it because he is smoother on camera, looks better on camera, more articulate, or smarter and has better football IQ or all the above ?

Just a thought really but when the whole media circuit seems to want your guy that pretty much sends a statement to what value you have. Endorsements, merchandise and all else is sure to follow. The Seahawks with Sherman and Wilson should spike really high in jersey requests next year versus the rest of the league in improved sales.

I believe Russell Wilson got a degree in communications. Plus he plans on being on NFL shows after he retires. Which also means he will have multiple Super Bowl titles to his name. Everyone will ask for his opinion on things.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Thats not why he's on all these shows, he performed better then any QB at the end of the season, he lit up the pro bowl.

If he was such a communications major you would have thought his season long interviews would be more then cliche's. He's invited because the NFL see's the future of the league in him, they see a marketable commodity. You don't get asked to do all those interviews typically if your not. Flacco just won a Superbowl but doesn't have that IT factor that translates everywhere. Call it charisma if you will. But leadership and charisma is Joe Namath type star power.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
As long as his prowess wins us a super bowl, I'll be satisfied and praise him forever. The guy is impossible not to like, very different from Kaepernick.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The best part is that the country recognizes a player who isn't just incredible on the field but off as well. This kid's character is off the charts. It's refreshing to see athletes gain popularity not just because of their performance but for the human's they are. I realize not every 12-year-old kid with his jersey is going to give a rip about his character, but it counts. Trust me, it counts.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Some guys have no interest in football the day the season ends. They hit the buffet circuit and golf course and avoid football until the day they have to show up. Russell Wilson's pre-season started a couple of weeks ago. This is part of his genius. He's working the room, scouting things out, talking to everybody, working as an ambassador of the team and keeping his mindset where it should be... on football. It's his job. He's already got a media job of some sort lined up for the day he leaves the sport and he's only played in 18 games. Pretty brilliant kid.

pinksheets

Reaction score
RG3 is in intensive care and Andrew Luck is a mega-goober that isn't particularly made for television.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
O-LineFan":1o9c8l3u said:
I don't recall where I saw it, but I swear that I read something about RG3 saying that he isn't going to attend the Superbowl until he's actually in it.

Pretty cool reason, but after winning ROTY I would have assumed that he would be more present. Oh well, more facetime so Wilson can continue to make the nation love him more and more.

I guess he doesn't want to attend the superbowl 'til after he retires cause Russell Wilson will be the only QB representing the NFC until about 2035.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3g9lsxif said:
I ordered a new Wilson jersey for my 85 year old mom who absolutely LOVES him, enough said. She calls him "our little quarterback".....I LOVE it.
That is awesome! I hope when I'm 85 my kid buys me a retro Wilson jersey :D

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SharkHawk":2vij9erg said:
Some guys have no interest in football the day the season ends. They hit the buffet circuit and golf course and avoid football until the day they have to show up. Russell Wilson's pre-season started a couple of weeks ago. This is part of his genius. He's working the room, scouting things out, talking to everybody, working as an ambassador of the team and keeping his mindset where it should be... on football. It's his job. He's already got a media job of some sort lined up for the day he leaves the sport and he's only played in 18 games. Pretty brilliant kid.

NO doubt! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts