Seahawks poised to win the NFCW

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks poised to win the NFCW
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm
  • And I believe the NFCCG. :) why? Because except for New England, the Superbowl loser misses the playoffs the following year. :snack:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Re: Seahawks poised to win the NFCW
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm
  • I dont think San Fran will miss the playoffs next year but I dont think they will win the division either.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm
  • We didn't miss the playoffs the following year.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm
  • ZING!

Sign me up. I am seriously considering booking my flight to Newark next February. I've never been this convinced of a Championship in my entire life.

Wilson is magic. It WILL happen. (Plus it figures...Another cold Super Bowl location see: Detroit).

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:15 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:We didn't miss the playoffs the following year.

No but the Steelers did, what does that tell you?
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 pm
  • Rofl ^
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:30 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:We didn't miss the playoffs the following year.

QFT
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:We didn't miss the playoffs the following year.

Brilliant :th2thumbs:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:55 pm
  • Winning.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:12 am
  • If Pete and JS can somehow continue the upward tragectory they've had us on, we should be close to unstoppable next season.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:28 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:We didn't miss the playoffs the following year.

That's because the Football Gods knew we didn't really lose that game. Pittsburgh didn't make the '06 playoffs...
    "Your Seattle Seahawks, 2013-14 World Champions"
    Adopt A Rookie 2014-15 - Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Adopt-A-Red-Shirt 2014-15 Christine Micheal
    Previously known as megamanflx1
    Seahawkscrazy
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 am
  • Patriots made the postseason this year.
    Steelers made the postseason last year.
    Colts made the postseason the year before that.
    Cardinals made the postseason the year before that.

Exactly how far back does this thing have to be proven wrong before people stop trotting it out there?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 am
  • Seahawks are poised to win the NFC West and the NFC, regardless of what the 9ers or any other team do. As long as we stay relatively healthy and play our game, the Hawks are the team to beat.
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 am
  • The NFCW will, in my opinion, be the toughest division in the NFL. I see all four as contenders with a few more pieces. The Hawks, of course, are my favorite, but I wouldn't bet the house on winning the division. The Rams were a tough out in 2012 and finished the year strong--they are going to be good after Fisher tweaks the roster. The Cardinals were a compotent QB away from winning most of their games last year--their defense was outright scary. Of course, the strong showing of the 49ers in the SuperBowl shows they are clearly one of the best teams in the NFL. Nothing will be easy in the NFCW.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:Patriots made the postseason this year.

Exactly how far back does this thing have to be proven wrong before people stop trotting it out there?

200 years, probably. Same with the Madden Curse BS. People just like regurgitating stuff they like or find interesting...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 am
  • aawolf wrote:The NFCW will, in my opinion, be the toughest division in the NFL. I see all four as contenders with a few more pieces. The Hawks, of course, are my favorite, but I wouldn't bet the house on winning the division. The Rams were a tough out in 2012 and finished the year strong--they are going to be good after Fisher tweaks the roster. The Cardinals were a compotent QB away from winning most of their games last year--their defense was outright scary. Of course, the strong showing of the 49ers in the SuperBowl shows they are clearly one of the best teams in the NFL. Nothing will be easy in the NFCW.

The Arizona Defense that gave up 58 points vs us last year? Yeah, that defense has me shaking in my boots.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 am
  • Smoke wrote:The Arizona Defense that gave up 58 points vs us last year? Yeah, that defense has me shaking in my boots.

Yet, despite that performance, they finished with the 6th-ranked defense for the year. Don't be a blind homer, Arizona's defense is damned good; even if they did crap the bed against us.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:39 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Smoke wrote:The Arizona Defense that gave up 58 points vs us last year? Yeah, that defense has me shaking in my boots.

Yet, despite that performance, they finished with the 6th-ranked defense for the year. Don't be a blind homer, Arizona's defense is damned good; even if they did crap the bed against us.

Do you work for ESPN? They crapped the bed, it's not that we exposed them. Of course! How could I be such a blind homer? Mea culpa.
    Jase
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 am
  • Yes, I work for ESPN. That's why I linked a non-ESPN website. Jase, you're just embarrassing yourself; you clearly don't understand how much of a burden it is for defenses when the offense goes 3-and-out all the time throughout a season. By all rights, Arizona's defense should have been a middle-of-the-pack one or worse. The fact that they ranked that highly while having the worst offense in the league is very impressive. We were also on a roll at that time, smoking everybody; so keep your homer glasses on if you want, but I can promise you, Arizona has a very good defense.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Yes, I work for ESPN. That's why I linked a non-ESPN website. Jase, you're just embarrassing yourself; you clearly don't understand how much of a burden it is for defenses when the offense goes 3-and-out all the time throughout a season. By all rights, Arizona's defense should have been a middle-of-the-pack one or worse. The fact that they ranked that highly while having the worst offense in the league is very impressive. We were also on a roll at that time, smoking everybody; so keep your homer glasses on if you want, but I can promise you, Arizona has a very good defense.

This.

And it should be pointed out that the Arizona defense didn't just go all stupid when we played them. They didn't give up 58 points.

14 of our 58 points came off of defensive or special teams TDs (Sherman's INT, Smith's fumble recovery in the air going into the end zone). Two more of our scoring drives came from the Cards' 25-yard line or closer due to Arizona turnovers (10 points). Another FG drive started in Cards territory, too.

In other words, nearly half of our scoring in that game came in situations where the Arizona D wasn't on the field, or when they were put in difficult situations that would test the best defenses.

But if you want to know about Arizona's D, don't just look at that one game. Look at their games against other teams, too. They showed a knack for forcing turnovers, racking up 5 games where they forced 3 or more. Hell, the only game Arizona won after the first 4 weeks were over was due almost completely to the defense making plays when they beat Detroit.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:Patriots made the postseason this year.

Please don't take my posts too seriously, I don't. Just having a little fun here at 49er expense and would hope that people don't get all worked up over a jab at the Steelers too.
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 pm
  • The Superbowl Hangover is real !

And yes, the NFCW will be the toughest division in the league next year. I don't see AZ as a contender, but no one is going to blow them out either. Their defense is damned good; a front 7 equal to or better than ours and a secondary that's not too far behind.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:06 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Smoke wrote:The Arizona Defense that gave up 58 points vs us last year? Yeah, that defense has me shaking in my boots.

It's just my opinion, and in my opinion good defenses keep there team in games no matter how How horrible (#32 to be exact) there Offense is. Also, I watch and analyze a lot of football, and I am not scared of Arizona's D. I'm not. It doesn't mean that I am a "Blind Homer" it means that I have my own opinions about how not scared of there "Damn Good D" I am.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:30 pm
  • Yeah that AZ defense doesn't even kind of scare me at this point.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm
  • Smoke wrote:It's just my opinion, and in my opinion good defenses keep there team in games no matter how How horrible (#32 to be exact) there Offense is. Also, I watch and analyze a lot of football, and I am not scared of Arizona's D. I'm not. It doesn't mean that I am a "Blind Homer" it means that I have my own opinions about how not scared of there "Damn Good D" I am.

That's a beautiful story, but in the real world when a defense is on the field for several game minutes, then the offense goes 3-and-out, then they're back on for several minutes, and that happens over and over, they get gassed. Quickly.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Smoke wrote:It's just my opinion, and in my opinion good defenses keep there team in games no matter how How horrible (#32 to be exact) there Offense is. Also, I watch and analyze a lot of football, and I am not scared of Arizona's D. I'm not. It doesn't mean that I am a "Blind Homer" it means that I have my own opinions about how not scared of there "Damn Good D" I am.

That's a beautiful story, but in the real world when a defense is on the field for several game minutes, then the offense goes 3-and-out, then they're back on for several minutes, and that happens over and over, they get gassed. Quickly.

So you're scared of their defense? Does it strike fear in you? That's pretty pussified if you ask me. ;)
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:10 pm
  • What, I can't be concerned about their defense without being scared?

Let me tell you something that is true in my opinion: If AZ drafts a decent QB and two good O-linemen, they will compete for winning the division next year.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:What, I can't be concerned about their defense without being scared?

I believe it was the phrase "shaking in my boots" that earned Smoke the "blind homer" comment so you tell me.

AZ might be a few key players away from competing for the division but they don't have them yet. Until they prove they're ready I expect us to steadily steam roll them. Unless we're not as good as I think we are, but I think we are.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Aros wrote:ZING!

Sign me up. I am seriously considering booking my flight to Newark next February. I've never been this convinced of a Championship in my entire life.

Wilson is magic. It WILL happen. (Plus it figures...Another cold Super Bowl location see: Detroit).

Detroit was a cold location, but they have an indoor stadium with Ford Field. MetLife Stadium is outdoors, so the two really are not comparable.
    benbu75
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm
  • Smoke wrote:
    It's just my opinion, and in my opinion good defenses keep there team in games no matter how How horrible (#32 to be exact) there Offense is.

Yeah, that's just not true. If a team has a GREAT (and by great, I mean one of the all time great) defense, then they can carry a team a bit and make up for some lacking on the offensive side, but it can't be inept or the effectiveness of the defense will diminish. The best stats I can think of here is time of possession and turnover ratio. So, how long can the offense keep the ball on the field and how well to they protect the ball when they have it.

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens, who most would argue was a great defense with a not-so-great offense, had a 33:18 to 26:41 time of possession with a +23 turnover ratio. The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, another of the all time great defenses with no-so-great offenses that won the Superbowl was 32:07 to 28:38 with a +17 turnover ratio. By comparison, the Arizona Cardinals this year were 29:19 to 31:19 with a -1 turnover ratio.

They say defense wins championships, but defense doesn't win games. Defense doesn't keep the ball on the field to score points and give the defense a rest. Defense can't protect the ball from other teams defenses and ensure that opportunities to score are capitalized on. Teams don't have to have a GREAT offense, but they have to have one there that is efficient, protects the ball and capitalizes on scoring opportunities. If the Cardinals can get that going next season, they already have the defensive tools in place to be competitive.
    benbu75
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 pm
  • Don't forget you guys were unusually healthy last year..good luck with that!!

The only reason I bring it up is because I recall folks on here saying the same thing about the niners after the 2011 season.
    49elite
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:26 pm
  • Vernon Davis finally came back after his brain got craddle rocked by Kam just in time to lose the super bowl...Good luck with that.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 pm
  • AZ has a good D, we all have a respectable D in this division. But AZ lost their D coordinator as well. So i dont really fear them either, until they prove they are elite. i think we will have two teams with double digit wins again this year. Hopefully we can end up on top so we can have some bye and home games in jan. if that happens, we should get a shot at the lombardi....
    "Beast mode was engaged, and when beast mode is engaged, no one can stop him"-- Some skins fan
    "I envy that hard hitting Seahawks D. Love the attitude they play with." Justblaze2729 Denver Fan
    Hawk4lyfe
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Both the Cardinals and the Rams as mentioned already have a good defense. In my opinion, both teams are about a good draft and free agency away from becoming an elite defense like the Seahawks and 49ers.

If both the Cardinals and the Rams are able to add a couple playmakers on offense as well, watch out. Because they'll very much be in contention for the NFC West title.
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:48 pm
  • The NFC West will be damn hard this year. I think the 49ers will continue on from last year and the Rams will be a lot better but I think we will improve even more on last year. Wilson just fills me with confidence. I would like another WR in the team though and the pass rush sorted. September seems so far away though!
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 am
  • So the Superbowl loser NEVER makes the playoffs the following year???

Hmmm.....I hope the hope for your team in this forum is based off of more accurate data than this.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:So the Superbowl loser NEVER makes the playoffs the following year???

Hmmm.....I hope the hope for your team in this forum is based off of more accurate data than this.

You can enjoy the wildcard round, while we own the 1st seed in the NFC. Cheers!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 am
  • no it's not accurate.. what is accurate though is niners will not be winning the division next year... wildcard?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:57 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:So the Superbowl loser NEVER makes the playoffs the following year???

DUDE? I just don't get the angle you're coming from? Typically, and statistcally, the two teams that made the superbowl, will not make it back to the Superbowl the following year, period. Only unrealistic fans could think that the 49ers would fall off so much to not make the playoffs.

BUT, over the last 25 years, after making the Superbowl, the losers of the game didn't even make it back to the playoffs. Let alone win the superbowl.

Cincinnati Bengals. (Super Bowl XXIII). 1988 season: 12-4; 1989 season: 8-8.
    Cincinnati started a long streak of losing with their 1989 Season mark and it ended with them making the playoffs in the 2005 Season.
    Denver Broncos. (Super Bowl XXIV). 1989 season: 11-5; 1990 season: 5-11.
    The Broncos would rebound to advance to the 1992 AFC Championship Game vs Buffalo
    Buffalo Bills. (Super Bowl XXVIII). 1993 season: 12-4; 1994 season: 7-9.
    Atlanta Falcons. (Super Bowl XXXIII). 1998 season: 14-2; 1999 season: 5-11.
    New York Giants. (Super Bowl XXXV). 2000 season: 12-4; 2001 season: 7-9.
    St. Louis Rams. (Super Bowl XXXVI). 2001 season: 14-2; 2002 season: 7-9.
    Oakland Raiders. (Super Bowl XXXVII). 2002 season: 11-5; 2003 season: 4-12
    Carolina Panthers. (Super Bowl XXXVIII) 2003 season: 11-5; 2004 season: 7-9.
    Philadelphia Eagles. (Super Bowl XXXIX) 2004 season: 13-3; 2005 season: 6-10.
    Chicago Bears. (Super Bowl XLI) 2006 season: 13-3; 2007 season: 7-9.[4]

The last team that lost the Superbowl, and won it the following year were the Miami Dolphins, lead by Bob Griese in 1973 (lost in ’72, won in ’73). So over 40 years ago was the last time that happened... How's that for statistics? Oh and good luck next year, it should be fun watching the changing of the guard, in full effect. GO HAWKS!!!! (Russel Wilson voice)
    RussWILSON3
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:46 pm
  • RussWILSON3 wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:So the Superbowl loser NEVER makes the playoffs the following year???

DUDE? I just don't get the angle you're coming from? Typically, and statistcally, the two teams that made the superbowl, will not make it back to the Superbowl the following year, period. Only unrealistic fans could think that the 49ers would fall off so much to not make the playoffs.

BUT, over the last 25 years, after making the Superbowl, the losers of the game didn't even make it back to the playoffs. Let alone win the superbowl.

Cincinnati Bengals. (Super Bowl XXIII). 1988 season: 12-4; 1989 season: 8-8.
    Cincinnati started a long streak of losing with their 1989 Season mark and it ended with them making the playoffs in the 2005 Season.
    Denver Broncos. (Super Bowl XXIV). 1989 season: 11-5; 1990 season: 5-11.
    The Broncos would rebound to advance to the 1992 AFC Championship Game vs Buffalo
    Buffalo Bills. (Super Bowl XXVIII). 1993 season: 12-4; 1994 season: 7-9.
    Atlanta Falcons. (Super Bowl XXXIII). 1998 season: 14-2; 1999 season: 5-11.
    New York Giants. (Super Bowl XXXV). 2000 season: 12-4; 2001 season: 7-9.
    St. Louis Rams. (Super Bowl XXXVI). 2001 season: 14-2; 2002 season: 7-9.
    Oakland Raiders. (Super Bowl XXXVII). 2002 season: 11-5; 2003 season: 4-12
    Carolina Panthers. (Super Bowl XXXVIII) 2003 season: 11-5; 2004 season: 7-9.
    Philadelphia Eagles. (Super Bowl XXXIX) 2004 season: 13-3; 2005 season: 6-10.
    Chicago Bears. (Super Bowl XLI) 2006 season: 13-3; 2007 season: 7-9.[4]

The last team that lost the Superbowl, and won it the following year were the Miami Dolphins, lead by Bob Griese in 1973 (lost in ’72, won in ’73). So over 40 years ago was the last time that happened... How's that for statistics? Oh and good luck next year, it should be fun watching the changing of the guard, in full effect. GO HAWKS!!!! (Russel Wilson voice)

I see you left off Superbowl XL...did the loser make the postseason the following year? ;)

Also found this on the 1st page. Last 25 years???

volsunghawk wrote:Patriots made the postseason this year.

DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm
  • From December 23, 2012 on, the NFCW belongs to Seattle.

That is the way it will be.

Either accept it or live in denial... that is your choice.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:08 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:From December 23, 2012 on, the NFCW belongs to Seattle.

I will wait for the 2013 season to play out before I make any "Guarantees". I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

Hoping for such a thing is completely acceptable as a fan of the team, but to claim it as fact is just blind homerism.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:From December 23, 2012 on, the NFCW belongs to Seattle.

I will wait for the 2013 season to play out before I make any "Guarantees". I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

Hoping for such a thing is completely acceptable as a fan of the team, but to claim it as fact is just blind homerism.

The "San FranSeattleOwned Forty-Burgers"???? They play below SEA level. LOVED Shannon Sharpe's comment during that 2nd Halftime of the Super Bowl saying that the Ravens were (until the mysterious power outage) about to steamroll the 49ers... just like the SEAHAWKS!!!! (Bazinga!) Anyway, there are no guarantees... but, having Russell Wilson leading the way and a Defense built to stop the 40-Burgers is about as close to a guarantee as one can get. 42-13 is fairly convincing to the discerning, reasonable fan. But, I'm sure the Hawks will oblige and make it official next season.
    Not usually into "predictions", but I honestly expect to see the NFC West (now, arguably the best division in football)... finish as follows:
    1. Seahawks (eventual Super Bowl winner)
    2. Rams (likely wildcard)
    3. 49ers (Super Bowl Slump? Well, they didn't beat the Rams in 2012 and the Rams were coming on late in 2012. Will miss playoffs.)
    4. Cardinals (lets see how they address the QB problem. They would have to hit the lottery at this point.)
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:51 pm
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:

The "San FranSeattleOwned Forty-Burgers"???? They play below SEA level. LOVED Shannon Sharpe's comment during that 2nd Halftime of the Super Bowl saying that the Ravens were (until the mysterious power outage) about to steamroll the 49ers... just like the SEAHAWKS!!!! (Bazinga!) Anyway, there are no guarantees... but, having Russell Wilson leading the way and a Defense built to stop the 40-Burgers is about as close to a guarantee as one can get. 42-13 is fairly convincing to the discerning, reasonable fan. But, I'm sure the Hawks will oblige and make it official next season.
    Not usually into "predictions", but I honestly expect to see the NFC West (now, arguably the best division in football)... finish as follows:
    1. Seahawks (eventual Super Bowl winner)
    2. Rams (likely wildcard)
    3. 49ers (Super Bowl Slump? Well, they didn't beat the Rams in 2012 and the Rams were coming on late in 2012. Will miss playoffs.)
    4. Cardinals (lets see how they address the QB problem. They would have to hit the lottery at this point.)

I can't believe that you guys hold onto that game as much as you do. Kaepernick was on his what 3rd start maybe? And our defense was basically a bunch of walking zombies after being on the field for over 90 plays during our beat down of Tom Brady the week before.

Lets just see how things work out with Kaepernicks first full training camp and off/pre-season as the starter. You better believe that our offense will not look the same next year as it did this year after being designed from the beginning to take advantage of Kaep's strengths.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

"Nothing"? Really? We had just as many wins as the 49ers this year, and Russell Wilson led the entire NFL in passer rating from week 8 on, and we smoked you guys at our house. Nothing indicates we might win the NFC West?

Yet, you claim we're all full of blind homerism...Lol. Ok, dude.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:53 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:

If I had any respect for you (I didn't) I just lost it when you came on our forums and insulted us.

You are typical of the San Francisco fans.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote: that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on..

Seahags is a better choice though the "chickens" part does conjure up a scrawny bird image, so you got that going for you, which is good. I see our homers finally got you to give up all hope of civility. I like it.

Please continue.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:55 pm
  • Seachickens? Bro, chickens don't fly. I'll happen to let you know that the Osprey is a very unique bird that does indeed fly.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I have seen nothing from the Seahawks to convince anyone who isn't a Seattle fan that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on.

"Nothing"? Really? We had just as many wins as the 49ers this year, and Russell Wilson led the entire NFL in passer rating from week 8 on, and we smoked you guys at our house. Nothing indicates we might win the NFC West?

Yet, you claim we're all full of blind homerism...Lol. Ok, dude.

I didn't say that you guys didn't give any indication that you might win the NFC West. Your team vastly improved, that is obvious. Only a blind homer Niner fan would think otherwise. (You see it works both ways ;) ). I choose to set my passion aside before making claims, but I know that it's not everybody's style to do that. What is true that I will claim now is that the Niners don't own the NFC West anymore as our division will arguably be the best in the entire league. Pretty sure we can all agree on that.
    drdiags wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote: that the Seachickens are going to own the NFCW from now on..

Seahags is a better choice though the "chickens" part does conjure up a scrawny bird image, so you got that going for you, which is good. I see our homers finally got you to give up all hope of civility. I like it.

Please continue.

LOL, relax man. It will take a lot more than what has been said in this MB to get me to throw out all civility like you said. But since it has been brought up, do you think civility should only work in one direction? I don't think the term Seachicken is any worse than Whiner, do you?
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I can't believe that you guys hold onto that game as much as you do. Kaepernick was on his what 3rd start maybe? And our defense was basically a bunch of walking zombies after being on the field for over 90 plays during our beat down of Tom Brady the week before.

Lets just see how things work out with Kaepernicks first full training camp and off/pre-season as the starter. You better believe that our offense will not look the same next year as it did this year after being designed from the beginning to take advantage of Kaep's strengths.

Well, I can't believe you make so many excuses for that game. The press was in shock of how much better the Seahawks had proven themselves to be - so, started rattling off possible reasons why to make sense of it and you whiner fans latched onto those as lame excuses... anything to try to make the embarrassment go away that the San FranSeattleOwned 40-burgers really are not the best team in the NFC West.

Russell Wilson will have a full off-season to prepare as a starter as well. Nothing against Kaepernick (he seems to be a better than decent QB - time will tell), but he's not on the same level as the elite Russell Wilson. I get the feeling that Kaepernick is going to get figured out. Wilson will always be several steps ahead of the competition.

It's already started and you're only going to hear more and more of the following. Better get used to it: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2166 ... o-dominate (Note the team listed number 1 over number 2)
    (Not that the following site is one to hang your hat on... but, even so and note the projected Super Bowl winner): http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

You know, deep down (perhaps not so deep down), that you've only got so much time to try to sell your stuff in here until the 2013 season. Why else would you be in here if you didn't feel insecurity about your team vs. the team that is increasingly taking the spotlight away from yours? You should feel insecure about it. That makes sense.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information