Seahawks poised to win the NFCW

ivotuk

Reaction score
And I believe the NFCCG. :) why? Because except for New England, the Superbowl loser misses the playoffs the following year. :snack:

Axx

Reaction score
I dont think San Fran will miss the playoffs next year but I dont think they will win the division either.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZING!

Sign me up. I am seriously considering booking my flight to Newark next February. I've never been this convinced of a Championship in my entire life.

Wilson is magic. It WILL happen. (Plus it figures...Another cold Super Bowl location see: Detroit).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If Pete and JS can somehow continue the upward tragectory they've had us on, we should be close to unstoppable next season.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2qm9t3e7 said:
We didn't miss the playoffs the following year.

That's because the Football Gods knew we didn't really lose that game. Pittsburgh didn't make the '06 playoffs...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Patriots made the postseason this year.
Steelers made the postseason last year.
Colts made the postseason the year before that.
Cardinals made the postseason the year before that.

Exactly how far back does this thing have to be proven wrong before people stop trotting it out there?

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Seahawks are poised to win the NFC West and the NFC, regardless of what the 9ers or any other team do. As long as we stay relatively healthy and play our game, the Hawks are the team to beat.

aawolf

Reaction score
The NFCW will, in my opinion, be the toughest division in the NFL. I see all four as contenders with a few more pieces. The Hawks, of course, are my favorite, but I wouldn't bet the house on winning the division. The Rams were a tough out in 2012 and finished the year strong--they are going to be good after Fisher tweaks the roster. The Cardinals were a compotent QB away from winning most of their games last year--their defense was outright scary. Of course, the strong showing of the 49ers in the SuperBowl shows they are clearly one of the best teams in the NFL. Nothing will be easy in the NFCW.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
volsunghawk":an8k5i1i said:
Patriots made the postseason this year.
Steelers made the postseason last year.
Colts made the postseason the year before that.
Cardinals made the postseason the year before that.

Exactly how far back does this thing have to be proven wrong before people stop trotting it out there?

200 years, probably. Same with the Madden Curse BS. People just like regurgitating stuff they like or find interesting...

Smoke

Reaction score
aawolf":1lqj2w1l said:
The NFCW will, in my opinion, be the toughest division in the NFL. I see all four as contenders with a few more pieces. The Hawks, of course, are my favorite, but I wouldn't bet the house on winning the division. The Rams were a tough out in 2012 and finished the year strong--they are going to be good after Fisher tweaks the roster. The Cardinals were a compotent QB away from winning most of their games last year--their defense was outright scary. Of course, the strong showing of the 49ers in the SuperBowl shows they are clearly one of the best teams in the NFL. Nothing will be easy in the NFCW.

The Arizona Defense that gave up 58 points vs us last year? Yeah, that defense has me shaking in my boots.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smoke":3pveklsz said:
The Arizona Defense that gave up 58 points vs us last year? Yeah, that defense has me shaking in my boots.

Yet, despite that performance, they finished with the 6th-ranked defense for the year. Don't be a blind homer, Arizona's defense is damned good; even if they did crap the bed against us.

Jase

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3j6q2plt said:
Smoke":3j6q2plt said:

Yet, despite that performance, they finished with the 6th-ranked defense for the year. Don't be a blind homer, Arizona's defense is damned good; even if they did crap the bed against us.

Do you work for ESPN? They crapped the bed, it's not that we exposed them. Of course! How could I be such a blind homer? Mea culpa.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yes, I work for ESPN. That's why I linked a non-ESPN website. Jase, you're just embarrassing yourself; you clearly don't understand how much of a burden it is for defenses when the offense goes 3-and-out all the time throughout a season. By all rights, Arizona's defense should have been a middle-of-the-pack one or worse. The fact that they ranked that highly while having the worst offense in the league is very impressive. We were also on a roll at that time, smoking everybody; so keep your homer glasses on if you want, but I can promise you, Arizona has a very good defense.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1kvqmh2v said:
Yes, I work for ESPN. That's why I linked a non-ESPN website. Jase, you're just embarrassing yourself; you clearly don't understand how much of a burden it is for defenses when the offense goes 3-and-out all the time throughout a season. By all rights, Arizona's defense should have been a middle-of-the-pack one or worse. The fact that they ranked that highly while having the worst offense in the league is very impressive. We were also on a roll at that time, smoking everybody; so keep your homer glasses on if you want, but I can promise you, Arizona has a very good defense.

This.

And it should be pointed out that the Arizona defense didn't just go all stupid when we played them. They didn't give up 58 points.

14 of our 58 points came off of defensive or special teams TDs (Sherman's INT, Smith's fumble recovery in the air going into the end zone). Two more of our scoring drives came from the Cards' 25-yard line or closer due to Arizona turnovers (10 points). Another FG drive started in Cards territory, too.

In other words, nearly half of our scoring in that game came in situations where the Arizona D wasn't on the field, or when they were put in difficult situations that would test the best defenses.

But if you want to know about Arizona's D, don't just look at that one game. Look at their games against other teams, too. They showed a knack for forcing turnovers, racking up 5 games where they forced 3 or more. Hell, the only game Arizona won after the first 4 weeks were over was due almost completely to the defense making plays when they beat Detroit.

Latest posts