Post SB post ... A Good Thing Really

HawkHouse

Reaction score
“In order to be the best ... You gotta beat the best … Whooo” ~ Ric Flair (9 Time Pro-Wrestling Champion)

A tip of the hat to our division rival …

As most of us will revel in the 49ers loss in the SB, we should consider this …

We should look forward to the opportunity to face one of the best teams in the NFC next season.

Our division rivalry transcends that of our NFC West feud and reaches into the upper echelon of the conference as a whole.

The test will be beneficial as we move forward, think about it …

IMO, Our games next season within the division will likely decide who will represent our conference in the SB next year. Who’s better than these two teams, top to bottom, in the NFC ???

Much like Russell Wilson working against our awesome DEF, and it making him better, our team as a whole can look forward to the challenge of facing San Francisco ... thus strengthening our team ... And, upon whooping their asses (again) we move on in the post season with a furious anger !!!

Those wins will be a bold statement ...

I love the fact that they are a challenge for us next season, ultimately a good scrimmage for the championship !!!

I’m glad that SF is a good team … so we can whoop the snot out of em’ again and show the rest of the league we’re coming for them :49ersmall:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Absolutely agree.

I think SF is still the favorite in the NFC next year.

They will have a young and improving QB that already has postseason experience and postseason success.

The Ravens were completely in his head earlier in the game and that power outage allowed him to shake it off and prove (to himself too) that he can do the things that a top NFL QB needs to do.

A long time ago SF was consistently in the hunt for a SuperBowl, but so was Dallas. They both managed to make a few trips and win a few of them. The idea that you need someone else to trip so that you can win the race is loser talk. The Hawks are good enough to be solid for years to come and to compete for the NFC title for years to come. We should end up making it so the NFC Championship one of those years - but the wishing for SF to fail so we can reach it doesn't become us.

That said, the only reason I could see rooting for the loss for them is that the loser of the SB tends to make radical changes the next year to put them over the hump, changes that usually end up making the team worse not better. There is a reasonable history of SB losers that fell apart completely after just missing it.

But for me, I would rather it be a solid football fight between Seattle and SF for the NFC crown, just as SF and Dallas did at one time or just as Dallas and Green Bay did for awhile. Not that I am comparing us to those teams, as they won something and we have not reached the championship rung yet.

OP
OP
HawkHouse

HawkHouse

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying !!!

Can I get an AMEN !!!

If we can own SF, then look out !!!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
HawkHouse":3mb73q0w said:

Can I get an AMEN !!!

If we can own them? Please, the last time we faced them it was 42-13 with krapernick pouting on the sidelines. We got this.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm not with you. I would love it if Kaep played awful next season and SF had a messy 2-14 season full of QB controversy.

TwistedHusky":2zn6og88 said:
The idea that you need someone else to trip so that you can win the race is loser talk... wishing for SF to fail so we can reach it doesn't become us.
The fun part of having a nemesis is rooting for them to fail. I hope my rivals trip as hilariously as possible, hopefully in some manner involving a skateboard, a canoe and a dumpster. That isn't because I want to finish ahead of them as you might suggest. Rather, I want the chance to slow down and take a bunch of funny pictures of them with my cell phone camera and then send it to everybody they know.

HUGGY

Reaction score
AgentDib":kubpsq0g said:
I'm not with you. I would love it if Kaep played awful next season and SF had a messy 2-14 season full of QB controversy.

TwistedHusky":kubpsq0g said:
The idea that you need someone else to trip so that you can win the race is loser talk... wishing for SF to fail so we can reach it doesn't become us.
The fun part of having a nemesis is rooting for them to fail. I hope my rivals trip as hilariously as possible, hopefully in some manner involving a skateboard, a canoe and a dumpster. That isn't because I want to finish ahead of them as you might suggest. Rather, I want the chance to slow down and take a bunch of funny pictures of them with my cell phone camera and then send it to everybody they know.

2-14 means they lose to NFC West opponents. I cannot agree to that formula. I think we need them to stomp the Cardinals and the Rams as we will. I would also like them to beat any NFC teams leading in their conferences such as GB or Atlanta or NY. Our BEST chance to make it to next(this) years SB is home field advantage thruout. As long as we beat San Francisco away and Home I don't care who else they win or lose to aside from the above games.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
looking forward to taking another trip down to SF next year to watch the hawks. This year that thursday night game was a little disappointing to say the least.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
OkieHawk":lp5j6kxe said:
HawkHouse":lp5j6kxe said:

Can I get an AMEN !!!

If we can own them? Please, the last time we faced them it was 42-13 with krapernick pouting on the sidelines. We got this.

That game was so long ago if you consider what Kaepernick has done since then. You're 12th man ain't nothing compared to what this young kid has been through since then. But if it makes you feel better then keep going to that game. BTW I do respect the Seahawks and am not bashing the hawks.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I wanted to 9ers to win, just for the NFC dominance thing, Their Defense had fallen off big time.

We would have beat the Ravens yesterday. No Doubt.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I want to see the Niners fail, just because I want to see Harbaugh throw fits like the whiner that he is.

A 4 win season would probably cause him to explode a blood vessel in his face.

Excellent.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":33x01vzp said:
You're 12th man ain't nothing compared to what this young kid has been through since then.
You're right, in a sense; every environment he has faced since Seattle has been a breeze to think and operate in, comparatively. Kaepernick has no doubt been thankful that nobody is as loud as us. You saw how he looked all night in Seattle. You know it's true, even if you won't admit it. :)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":13w6sisu said:
OkieHawk":13w6sisu said:
HawkHouse":13w6sisu said:

Can I get an AMEN !!!

That game was so long ago if you consider what Kaepernick has done since then. You're 12th man ain't nothing compared to what this young kid has been through since then. But if it makes you feel better then keep going to that game. BTW I do respect the Seahawks and am not bashing the hawks.

He will not come in here and win. He just won't.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lol @ TheGOAT#80. I mean, Russell Wilson went undefeated at home in his rookie year, while squaring off against Brady and Rodgers, of all people. Yet Colin Kaepernick is going to win in Seattle next year?

I sincerely doubt it. You guys are a very good team, and we may lose to you in your house, but it's VERY unlikely you'll beat us in ours.

two dog

Reaction score
Need someone else to trip so you can win the race is loser talk?
Wishing for SF to fail doesn't become us?

Listen, every time that Jim Hairball bunch steps on the field I want them to lose.
I want them to lose to every team they play but prefer the humiliating losses be
at the hands of the Seahawks.

I want their wives to leave them, their grandmothers to get diarrhea and their
dogs to sprain their paws.

And some teams I dislike even more than them.

60niners

Reaction score
Gentlemen. If Alex Smith can win in Seattle, I'm sure Kaepernick can. You all have a good team, but you're not unbeatable.

If you guys could have beaten the Ravens, you would have beaten the Falcons. Just sayin.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to SF's away game in Seattle next year; I don't think there's a home field that feeds their team like Seattle does, and it definitely makes a difference. I don't see either of our teams being dominant next year though, unfortunately. Both playoff teams, yes, but dominant 12+ win teams? Probably not.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The Rams will pose as great a threat to the Seahawks and the Niners as the Seahawks and Niners will to each other. That's my prediction.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
60niners":1rx4kw8h said:
Gentlemen. If Alex Smith can win in Seattle

Irrelevant.

He didn't beat this Seahawks team in Seattle. He beat a team led by Tarvaris Jackson. Who threw out of bounds on 4th down.

One of the great memories of the 42-13 outclassing of San Francisco was seeing Kaepernick holding onto his helmet, shaking his head looking completely flustered because he couldn't hear himself think. It was a thing of beauty. That and the way we destroyed your soul and made you want to get on the plane to California at half time... just like we did the to Cowboys and Cardinals.

Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.

60niners

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":12dwxl9e said:
Kaepernick's a good quarterback. But he's going to be wetting his pants the week of his next visit to Seattle.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good buddy. I highly doubt that at all. SF winning in Seattle isn't some unprecedented feat... We won there even when we were terrible. He didn't wet his pants when he had to visit Gillette Stadium in December during inclement weather where the Patriots haven't lost in 10 years.... He's just not that type of player.

Though, I do think Kaepernick's overconfidence is an issue. Maybe losing the big one will bring him back down to earth a bit.