Speaking of WR's

Hawks46

Reaction score
So there's several topics on this. Some people think we should bring a FA in (not my personal choice) and some people think we should draft a guy....which round differs.

The Ravens are about to pay Flacco. It's been surmised around the league that guys like Krueger won't be resigned, and guys like Boldin will be a salary cap casualty.

So, does Boldin uprade us at WR ? I believe he wouldn't break the bank, and at this stage of his career, he probably won't go to a crappy team that can over pay him, he will probably want a winner. Discuss....

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'd absolutely take Boldin. Dude's a monster and always has been. He's clutch.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
I'm just can't like the 'Hawks grabbing a FA like him. If we were to grab anyone, I'd have liked it to be Brandon Marshall, but that's about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
??? Boldin is a beast, and makes huge play after huge play, and in the clutch.
Why would we NOT want a guy like that?

Jville

Reaction score
I think they have the leadership they are looking for in young Russell Wilson. So ..... I think they look for young receivers that can grow and develop with Wilson at cap friendly prices.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Boldin is in the twilight of his career. No one *contender* is going to give him a big contract. He doesn't have the time to grow with a poor team.

I think he'd be cap friendly, and could still provide impact for another year or two.

Who would he replace though ?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawks46":95alpst6 said:
Boldin is in the twilight of his career. No one *contender* is going to give him a big contract. He doesn't have the time to grow with a poor team.

I think he'd be cap friendly, and could still provide impact for another year or two.

Who would he replace though ?

They'd have to battle it out!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would love to get Boldin, dude is just a ball player and clutch as all get out.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm real big on the youth movement, but I have to believe that Wilson/Boldin would instantly become one of the best duos in the league.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
count me in the "I dont want to pay for a FA but I would gladly trade for boldin and pay him" camp. Boldin's one of the very few WR's in the league outside of the obvious choices (Julio Jones, AJ Green etc) I would love to have.

But I don't think they sing flacco only to drop his most sure-handed receivers.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Boldin would be great. Dude is super clutch and he has some solid years left in him as well, definitely.

The Outfield

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5xgm0f2j said:

Cost?

ivotuk

Reaction score
6'1" 220# 32 years old. 65 receptions for 921 yards, 14.2 YPC and 4 TDs. He is clutch, gets those first downs and would probably love to stick it to Arizona. :D

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":106v6r26 said:

....because he played for the Arizona Cardinals? ;)

aawolf

Reaction score
Boldin would be a HUGE asset to Russel Wilson...he's exactly the type of WR we need. He makes plays by getting open or fighting for the ball after plays break down, which is the weakness in our current WR IMO. He goes to the ball and gets it. I don't think he's as much of a deep threat, but we've got WR that can run down feild. I would love to see Boldin on this team.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is huge on Boldin. But I agree. Guy is clutch and would be a huge addition to our receiving core if we had him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Boldin is probably one of the most likeable players in the NFL. Fans of all 32 teams would jump at the chance to get him. I think he will re-up with Baltimore

Latest posts