Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Cliff Avril, DE

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Paul Kruger, OLB/DE

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
With Free Agency fast approaching and new threads popping up daily, many of which are in the wrong section to begin with ;), I thought it'd be a good idea to get the FA wish lists centralized into one thread. We have few UFA's to resign besides Alan Branch who I'd like to see us retain... And we should have enough to spend on one big name FA if not a couple B level additions. So with that being said;

A.) Who are a few of your most desired players?
B.) If you could only have ONE who would that player be?
C.) What's the biggest priority? O-Line? Deep threat WR? Pass rushing DE/OLB?

For me, I like the 6 that I have listed in the poll as my primary targets. There are some other ones I'd like to go after but I put the ones that I thought had the most realistic chance of making it to the open market. Players like Wes Welker and Dwayne Bowe would be great but I can't see them making it out of NE and KC respectively.

The sexy pick is Wallace but the other players would be great additions. Any of the 6 listed in the poll will cost a lot no doubt. What say you?

EDIT: I OBVIOUSLY FORGOT TO ADD IN RANDY STARKS, DT AND HENRY MELTON, DT. Sorry about that, just go ahead and post votes for either one of those and I'll delete Andre Smith from the list due to his 0 votes.You can change your vote as well!

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I vote none of the above.
Randy Starks and for some reason beyond anything my mind can rationalize with evidence Glenn Dorsey.
If I could Have one Henry Melton
I don't like where we pick for a lights out DT so I would say DT

Hendo66

Reaction score
I go none also.
As i stated in another FA post, i would love the Hawks to go after Michael & Martellus Bennett.

Axx

Reaction score
I heard that Cliff Avril is extremely overrated DE and all of his sacks come in Garbage time.
Kruger is pretty good this post season but I didnt watch him during the regular season.
Johnson plays for Cinci's D-line which in my opinion is the best D-line in the AFC. St.Louis has the best D-line in the NFC.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Where is Randy Starks or Henry Melton? The poll does not even reflect the position of greatest need, DT

OP
OP
The Yugoslavian

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Yeah good point... I was still half asleep this morning when I posted this. How the hell did I forget about them? Dohhh

I'd obviously prefer Melton because of the age advantage, but Starks is bigger and would be much cheaper. DT is a huge need I agree, don't know how I didn't include that in the poll damnit!

ihawk

Reaction score
1) Jared Cook
2) Cliff Avril
3) Dwayne Bowe
4) Paul Kruger

OP
OP
The Yugoslavian

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
The forum wants more defense I think that is pretty clear. If we could get Henry Melton or Michael Johnson I would be ecstatic. Both are about 25 years old, think I'd still lean for the 6'8 265lb athletic freak of a still-developing-not-even-close-to-his-prime pass rusher in Michael Johnson. I remember how badly I wanted him in that '09 draft... What a D-Line on paper huh?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hendo66":1rshgwfl said:
I go none also.
As i stated in another FA post, i would love the Hawks to go after Michael & Martellus Bennett.
I've shared other opinions in similar topic threads... but, I was thinking about this idea, too. I'm sure it has occurred to them both that it could be within the realm of possibility that a team could have a need for both a TE and a stout DE. (check) Further, it would make sense that they might like to, ideally, land on a team with a legitimate shot at contending for a Super Bowl Championship. (check again) The only thing I'm not sure about is if Michael Bennett has any ill feelings toward the Hawks. Hope not. Was that the previous regime? Anyway... I had previously stated both Desmond Bryant and Jared Cook on my wish list. But, Martellus and Michael would be great additions. It will be interesting to see if the Hawks swoop in and give them both that opportunity that they'd like to play together: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ning-team/ Perhaps Russell Wilson can make a few phone calls and tell them what he plans to accomplish over the next several seasons that they could be part of (perhaps also to Desmond Bryant. He played at Harvard. Should be a smart dude.)

Red Beard

Reaction score
1.) Henry Melton, DT
2.) Andy Levitre, OG
3.) Jared Cook, TE
4.) Any Tackle Better Than Breno
5.) Michael Johnson, DE

OP
OP
The Yugoslavian

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Andy Levitre or Louis Vasquez are two other FA's it would make sense for our team to pursue. Both are 25 year old top 15 graded OG's who would replace McQuistan most likely and make our line that much better.

The more I think about this FA class and analyze the players the more I realize how incredibly deep at many positions it is. I can see us having a same kind of FA period as we had when we got Rice, Miller, and Branch. Exciting times for sure!

Latest posts