Percy Harvin's Availaibility

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 am
  • I've thought about this for a while before deciding to throw my opinion into the fray. At the end of the day, I just don't see it. Yes, Percy Harvin is one of the best receivers in the league and one of the most electrifying players in the league, period. There's no denying that. However, am I willing to sink a 2nd round pick and mass amounts of dollar dollar bills y'all at him? NO. Here's why... (half joking, but still pretty serious)

    1) His "rap sheet" goes way beyond his time in Minnesota. Dating back to his days at Florida, he's the type of entitled star athlete that I absolutely can not stand. From trying to Sprewell/Carlesimo one of his coaches, to throwing a weight at Brad Childress. The man is a loose cannon. I'm not sure whether you can trust a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team? His whole career screams Andre Rison. I wonder what female celebrity will slash his tires and torch his house?

    2) I don't like the message it sends to the rest of the team. You bring in this whiny little bitch and pay him a ton of money while other guys who have done more for the shirt are making peanuts. Not a fan of that.

    3) It's much more fun to destroy the will of a man like Percy Harvin and watch him whine on the sidelines than to actually have him on your team. That act would get tired REAL QUICK.

    4) I'm sure Pete Carroll would set him straight, but why mess with a good thing chemistry wise?

    5) If John Schneider can find our franchise quarterback, lord and savior, in the 3rd round than why can't we just find our own Percy Harvin? The Packers drafted a reasonable facsimile in Randall Cobb and it only took them a 2nd rounder. I'm content with keeping the focus on the defense, shoring up the defensive line and LB spots that need shoring up, and especially the pass rush while also supplementing the offense with a shiny new toy somewhere along the way. I get that Harvin, in essence, would be costing us that same 2nd rounder that the Packers were able to snag Cobb with, but Cobb comes free of headaches (pun intended) and baggage. I'd much rather go that route.

    Of course, as I told JonRud, if the Hawks did trade for Harvin and could sign him to a reasonable deal I'd be elated. Who am I kidding. He's a rare talent. However, if it were up to me (and aren't you all glad it's not), I'd stay away from Percy.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 am
  • I can always get down with rational arguments from 'the other side' and NYCoug just laid it down. Well done. Can't argue with that logic, if that's your viewpoint/philosophy. There are always 'ifs' to both sides of any argument.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 am
  • I know that Harvin is extremely gifted but if we do sign a FA, I want it to be DL for pass rush and then draft a WR/LB/OL.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2508
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 am
  • NYCoug wrote:I've thought about this for a while before deciding to throw my opinion into the fray. At the end of the day, I just don't see it. Yes, Percy Harvin is one of the best receivers in the league and one of the most electrifying players in the league, period. There's no denying that. However, am I willing to sink a 2nd round pick and mass amounts of dollar dollar bills y'all at him? NO. Here's why... (half joking, but still pretty serious)

    1) His "rap sheet" goes way beyond his time in Minnesota. Dating back to his days at Florida, he's the type of entitled star athlete that I absolutely can not stand. From trying to Sprewell/Carlesimo one of his coaches, to throwing a weight at Brad Childress. The man is a loose cannon. I'm not sure whether you can trust a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team? His whole career screams Andre Rison. I wonder what female celebrity will slash his tires and torch his house?

    2) I don't like the message it sends to the rest of the team. You bring in this whiny little bitch and pay him a ton of money while other guys who have done more for the shirt are making peanuts. Not a fan of that.

    3) It's much more fun to destroy the will of a man like Percy Harvin and watch him whine on the sidelines than to actually have him on your team. That act would get tired REAL QUICK.

    4) I'm sure Pete Carroll would set him straight, but why mess with a good thing chemistry wise?

    5) If John Schneider can find our franchise quarterback, lord and savior, in the 3rd round than why can't we just find our own Percy Harvin? The Packers drafted a reasonable facsimile in Randall Cobb and it only took them a 2nd rounder. I'm content with keeping the focus on the defense, shoring up the defensive line and LB spots that need shoring up, and especially the pass rush while also supplementing the offense with a shiny new toy somewhere along the way. I get that Harvin, in essence, would be costing us that same 2nd rounder that the Packers were able to snag Cobb with, but Cobb comes free of headaches (pun intended) and baggage. I'd much rather go that route.

    Of course, as I told JonRud, if the Hawks did trade for Harvin and could sign him to a reasonable deal I'd be elated. Who am I kidding. He's a rare talent. However, if it were up to me (and aren't you all glad it's not), I'd stay away from Percy.


    While I'm on the pro-Harvin side, I agree with some of your points and disagree with others.

    1) It is what it is...and you're right. You don't want any character issues. One redeeming quality of Percy is that he is a 'fierce competitor'. I've heard from multiple sources that this is the root of most of his 'rap sheet'. He doesn't have a blatant disregard for authority.

    2) Asking for money doesn't make you a "whiny little bitch". 80% of the stars in this league make a stance like this at one point in their career. Is Clem a "whiny little bitch"? He held out...Percy has never held out.

    3) I'll skip this one because it's not exactly an argument.

    4) I will never be concerned with Chemistry as long as PC is our head coach. He has an uncanny ability to bring people together for a common purpose of competing. Percy hasn't messed with any chemistry in Minnesota. Ask all of the players what they want, they want him to stay and they have been vocal about it.

    5) You aren't going to find a person of Harvin's God-Given abilities in the 3rd round. I would venture to say that you could grab Austin in the 1st round and he may compare long term, but even Randall Cobb is not Percy Harvin. Harvin is one of a kind..he really is that gifted.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1459
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 am
  • lukerguy wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:I've thought about this for a while before deciding to throw my opinion into the fray. At the end of the day, I just don't see it. Yes, Percy Harvin is one of the best receivers in the league and one of the most electrifying players in the league, period. There's no denying that. However, am I willing to sink a 2nd round pick and mass amounts of dollar dollar bills y'all at him? NO. Here's why... (half joking, but still pretty serious)

    1) His "rap sheet" goes way beyond his time in Minnesota. Dating back to his days at Florida, he's the type of entitled star athlete that I absolutely can not stand. From trying to Sprewell/Carlesimo one of his coaches, to throwing a weight at Brad Childress. The man is a loose cannon. I'm not sure whether you can trust a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team? His whole career screams Andre Rison. I wonder what female celebrity will slash his tires and torch his house?

    2) I don't like the message it sends to the rest of the team. You bring in this whiny little bitch and pay him a ton of money while other guys who have done more for the shirt are making peanuts. Not a fan of that.

    3) It's much more fun to destroy the will of a man like Percy Harvin and watch him whine on the sidelines than to actually have him on your team. That act would get tired REAL QUICK.

    4) I'm sure Pete Carroll would set him straight, but why mess with a good thing chemistry wise?

    5) If John Schneider can find our franchise quarterback, lord and savior, in the 3rd round than why can't we just find our own Percy Harvin? The Packers drafted a reasonable facsimile in Randall Cobb and it only took them a 2nd rounder. I'm content with keeping the focus on the defense, shoring up the defensive line and LB spots that need shoring up, and especially the pass rush while also supplementing the offense with a shiny new toy somewhere along the way. I get that Harvin, in essence, would be costing us that same 2nd rounder that the Packers were able to snag Cobb with, but Cobb comes free of headaches (pun intended) and baggage. I'd much rather go that route.

    Of course, as I told JonRud, if the Hawks did trade for Harvin and could sign him to a reasonable deal I'd be elated. Who am I kidding. He's a rare talent. However, if it were up to me (and aren't you all glad it's not), I'd stay away from Percy.


    While I'm on the pro-Harvin side, I agree with some of your points and disagree with others.

    1) It is what it is...and you're right. You don't want any character issues. One redeeming quality of Percy is that he is a 'fierce competitor'. I've heard from multiple sources that this is the root of most of his 'rap sheet'. He doesn't have a blatant disregard for authority.

    2) Asking for money doesn't make you a "whiny little bitch". 80% of the stars in this league make a stance like this at one point in their career. Is Clem a "whiny little bitch"? He held out...Percy has never held out.

    3) I'll skip this one because it's not exactly an argument.

    4) I will never be concerned with Chemistry as long as PC is our head coach. He has an uncanny ability to bring people together for a common purpose of competing. Percy hasn't messed with any chemistry in Minnesota. Ask all of the players what they want, they want him to stay and they have been vocal about it.

    5) You aren't going to find a person of Harvin's God-Given abilities in the 3rd round. I would venture to say that you could grab Austin in the 1st round and he may compare long term, but even Randall Cobb is not Percy Harvin. Harvin is one of a kind..he really is that gifted.


    I don't think he's a whiny little bitch for asking for money. I think he's a whiny little bitch for the tantrum he threw on the sidelines this year vs. the Hawks and for walking out on his team at the end of the season even though they were in the playoff hunt, and eventually made it in without him.

    Also, normally you'd say that can't find someone of Russell Wilson's abilities in the 3rd round, but it happens. Richard Sherman in the 5th round? He's arguably the best player at his position and he was had in the 5th round. Harvin's not the best player at his position so I'm willing to venture that they could do the same work and find the next Harvin. It's possible to find amazing natural talent later in the draft, there are so many examples.

    Let me throw an example at you. I work at a bar, obviously extremely different from being an NFL receiver. If I were to try and choke out my boss because I disagreed with them, I'd be fired and would have a hard time finding another job. I wouldn't get labeled a "fiery worker" like it's some sort of good thing. Sprewell didn't get labeled a fiery competitor. I don't get how people can try and explain that away. How is that NOT blatant disregard for authority? Normally, I'd say who really cares about "authority" but there's human decency and something like that lacks in human decency.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:09 am
  • NYCoug wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:I've thought about this for a while before deciding to throw my opinion into the fray. At the end of the day, I just don't see it. Yes, Percy Harvin is one of the best receivers in the league and one of the most electrifying players in the league, period. There's no denying that. However, am I willing to sink a 2nd round pick and mass amounts of dollar dollar bills y'all at him? NO. Here's why... (half joking, but still pretty serious)

    1) His "rap sheet" goes way beyond his time in Minnesota. Dating back to his days at Florida, he's the type of entitled star athlete that I absolutely can not stand. From trying to Sprewell/Carlesimo one of his coaches, to throwing a weight at Brad Childress. The man is a loose cannon. I'm not sure whether you can trust a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team? His whole career screams Andre Rison. I wonder what female celebrity will slash his tires and torch his house?

    2) I don't like the message it sends to the rest of the team. You bring in this whiny little bitch and pay him a ton of money while other guys who have done more for the shirt are making peanuts. Not a fan of that.

    3) It's much more fun to destroy the will of a man like Percy Harvin and watch him whine on the sidelines than to actually have him on your team. That act would get tired REAL QUICK.

    4) I'm sure Pete Carroll would set him straight, but why mess with a good thing chemistry wise?

    5) If John Schneider can find our franchise quarterback, lord and savior, in the 3rd round than why can't we just find our own Percy Harvin? The Packers drafted a reasonable facsimile in Randall Cobb and it only took them a 2nd rounder. I'm content with keeping the focus on the defense, shoring up the defensive line and LB spots that need shoring up, and especially the pass rush while also supplementing the offense with a shiny new toy somewhere along the way. I get that Harvin, in essence, would be costing us that same 2nd rounder that the Packers were able to snag Cobb with, but Cobb comes free of headaches (pun intended) and baggage. I'd much rather go that route.

    Of course, as I told JonRud, if the Hawks did trade for Harvin and could sign him to a reasonable deal I'd be elated. Who am I kidding. He's a rare talent. However, if it were up to me (and aren't you all glad it's not), I'd stay away from Percy.


    While I'm on the pro-Harvin side, I agree with some of your points and disagree with others.

    1) It is what it is...and you're right. You don't want any character issues. One redeeming quality of Percy is that he is a 'fierce competitor'. I've heard from multiple sources that this is the root of most of his 'rap sheet'. He doesn't have a blatant disregard for authority.

    2) Asking for money doesn't make you a "whiny little bitch". 80% of the stars in this league make a stance like this at one point in their career. Is Clem a "whiny little bitch"? He held out...Percy has never held out.

    3) I'll skip this one because it's not exactly an argument.

    4) I will never be concerned with Chemistry as long as PC is our head coach. He has an uncanny ability to bring people together for a common purpose of competing. Percy hasn't messed with any chemistry in Minnesota. Ask all of the players what they want, they want him to stay and they have been vocal about it.

    5) You aren't going to find a person of Harvin's God-Given abilities in the 3rd round. I would venture to say that you could grab Austin in the 1st round and he may compare long term, but even Randall Cobb is not Percy Harvin. Harvin is one of a kind..he really is that gifted.


    I don't think he's a whiny little bitch for asking for money. I think he's a whiny little bitch for the tantrum he threw on the sidelines this year vs. the Hawks and for walking out on his team at the end of the season even though they were in the playoff hunt, and eventually made it in without him.

    Also, normally you'd say that can't find someone of Russell Wilson's abilities in the 3rd round, but it happens. Richard Sherman in the 5th round? He's arguably the best player at his position and he was had in the 5th round. Harvin's not the best player at his position so I'm willing to venture that they could do the same work and find the next Harvin. It's possible to find amazing natural talent later in the draft, there are so many examples.

    Let me throw an example at you. I work at a bar, obviously extremely different from being an NFL receiver. If I were to try and choke out my boss because I disagreed with them, I'd be fired and would have a hard time finding another job. I wouldn't get labeled a "fiery worker" like it's some sort of good thing. Sprewell didn't get labeled a fiery competitor. I don't get how people can try and explain that away. How is that NOT blatant disregard for authority? Normally, I'd say who really cares about "authority" but there's human decency and something like that lacks in human decency.



    There are ways around that though. You act like Carroll doesn't have any balls to discipline players. I would venture to say that this would never come up, but if it did you can bet Carroll would not hesitate to suspend or discipline Harvin. There's no way Carroll would lose his players by being too soft.

    The incident with Harvin and WR's coach at UF was never confirmed but only reported. Meyer said the report was overblown but it was an incident. If it did indeed happen, then shame on Meyer for setting a terrible precedent in the young player's career. Any respectable coach would have suspended a player multiple games if that was the case.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1459
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 am
  • Well, word on the street is that that's the kind of program Urban Meyer runs but we'll never know so let's not speculate.

    And Pete has balls alright, big balls, I don't doubt that he'd discipline a player in a heartbeat. He's cold blooded. Having said that, why invite that kind of distraction in the first place? Look at the elite passing games around the leauge, most don't have that true #1 superstar receiver. I don't think we really need one either, especially one with Percy's track record.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 am
  • The problem with the pro "let's go after Harvin" camp on this forum is they can't assure us that signing Harvin won't impede on signing more important players in a year or two or more important D-Line free agents this off season.

    So if signing Harvin means we won't be able to keep the Legion of Boom together in 2014 or 2015, then my answer is no. If Pete and John can make it work with dumping Flynn and Washington's salary and maybe trading Tate because he now becomes expendable with Harvin in the slot?...................AND we don't have to give up too many draft picks? Then yes, I'm down with this.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The problem with the pro "let's go after Harvin" camp on this forum is they can't assure us that signing Harvin won't impede on signing more important players in a year or two or more important D-Line free agents this off season.

    So if signing Harvin means we won't be able to keep the Legion of Boom together in 2014 or 2015, then my answer is no. If Pete and John can make it work with dumping Flynn and Washington's salary and maybe trading Tate because he now becomes expendable with Harvin in the slot?...................AND we don't have to give up too many draft picks? Then yes, I'm down with this.


    Perhaps, but look at our top contracts...Rice and Miller. It may simply mean Harvin vs. Miller or Harvin vs. Rice rather than Harvin vs. Chancellor, Thomas, Sherm...ect
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1459
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:48 am
  • lukerguy wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The problem with the pro "let's go after Harvin" camp on this forum is they can't assure us that signing Harvin won't impede on signing more important players in a year or two or more important D-Line free agents this off season.

    So if signing Harvin means we won't be able to keep the Legion of Boom together in 2014 or 2015, then my answer is no. If Pete and John can make it work with dumping Flynn and Washington's salary and maybe trading Tate because he now becomes expendable with Harvin in the slot?...................AND we don't have to give up too many draft picks? Then yes, I'm down with this.


    Perhaps, but look at our top contracts...Rice and Miller. It may simply mean Harvin vs. Miller or Harvin vs. Rice rather than Harvin vs. Chancellor, Thomas, Sherm...ect


    Maybe, but then you're adding by subtraction. Sure you'd be strengthening the slot receiver/return game........but now you're greatly weakening the other WR slot, or TE slot. Neither of which we can afford to get weaker at.

    Harvin's a great talent, I just don't think he fits with what Pete and John are trying to do............which is rely heavily on developing their own guys through the draft that fit a particular skill set for a particular position. Add in the fact that we'd have almost 20 million tied up in two WR's with Rice's contract, and that's WAY too much for a team that runs the ball 50-60% of the time.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:I don't think Harvin makes a lot of sense for us. So far Golden Tate has been durable, so while you can claim Harvin is a bigger playmaker, it's a wash to me because of injury and migraine headache issues.

    I whole-heartedly believe we need to add another receiver to the mix. I think Harvin would be a great add for any team, but the kind of receiver we need is a durable, sure-handed guy that fights for the ball and catches it every time. We basically need Anquan Boldin.

    There is one factor to consider though - some speculate SF as a landing spot for Harvin. I don't know about you, but Kaepernik-to-Harvin isn't a matchup I want to have to face if I can help it.

    If Harvin isn't really the kind of receiver we need, is he at least good enough to go after to also keep him from going to SF?


    Hell no, if he's gonna pop Harbaugh!
    PLAYING REGULAR SUNDAY SCHEDULE WILL HELP HAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/15/ ... mojo-back/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1352
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:I don't think Harvin makes a lot of sense for us. So far Golden Tate has been durable, so while you can claim Harvin is a bigger playmaker, it's a wash to me because of injury and migraine headache issues.

    I whole-heartedly believe we need to add another receiver to the mix. I think Harvin would be a great add for any team, but the kind of receiver we need is a durable, sure-handed guy that fights for the ball and catches it every time. We basically need Anquan Boldin.

    There is one factor to consider though - some speculate SF as a landing spot for Harvin. I don't know about you, but Kaepernik-to-Harvin isn't a matchup I want to have to face if I can help it.

    If Harvin isn't really the kind of receiver we need, is he at least good enough to go after to also keep him from going to SF?


    We'd only have to face that matchup one game a year even if we played them three times because Harvin spends half his time on the DL.
    PLAYING REGULAR SUNDAY SCHEDULE WILL HELP HAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/15/ ... mojo-back/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1352
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:I wonder if some of you will admit Tate cand hold a candle to Harvin when he's tearing up the NFL as a 9er. :49ersmall:


    It is perceived that the Niners are the likely landing spot for Harvin as we have the extra picks that will be needed to acquire him from the Vikings. And also that we will be freeing up cap space by making roster adjustments.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 pm
  • I'm starting to like Tate too much for him to become an expendable piece in our offense. Harvin may be a better athlete, but Tate is more fun to watch IMO.

    If Harvin lands with the Niners, I think the Hawks D will be up for the challenge. After all, we finished him up for the season last time we played him. And maybe he'll throw Harbaugh to the ground once in a while.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:We will have probably 14 picks in this years draft, with I believe 3 3rd rounders if I am not mistaken.

    http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/02/0 ... aft-picks/

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/san-franci ... --nfl.html

    Don't think too many teams would want to see Harvin in a Niner uniform next year.


    People don't want to play against Harvin, period. Same with any good player. That's hardly a reason to go after a player solely so your competition can't. On the other hand i think most coaches/players/GM's like to think that they're good enough to stop any player.

    Bidding war and driving up the price though, absolutely.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3349
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:Bidding war and driving up the price though, absolutely.


    This is key if Harvin does eventually go to the Niners. If he goes to them, I want them to pay dearly with lots of draft picks and a huge bloated salary.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3456
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 pm
  • Drive up the price just so Harvin can go destroy the 49ers locker room.
    User avatar
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 449
    Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Jake Hawks wrote:Drive up the price just so Harvin can go destroy the 49ers locker room.


    Nice Dream.

    Won't Happen.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:08 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    Russ Willstrong wrote:"Nearly" 700 yards in 9 games when he's the only receiver on the team better than awful is not particularly impressive - he made 62 catchs compared to Sidney Rice's 50 and ended up with less yards. Hardly an indication of a terrific "YAC guy"


    ^^^ wrong ^^^

    Now if you want to say he's too expensive, that would be understandable.


    So 551 of his 688 yards came after that catch, that means that he was catching the ball on average 2 yards past the line of scrimmage - or (more accurately), catching a high proportion of screens and dumpoffs which are DESIGNED for generating yards after the catch, also why the leader is a running back
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2515
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Ever heard of Ponder? Harvin isn't playing with Brady or Manning you know. Also their offense is like ours--RUN FIRST. Ponder dinks and dunks even more than Flynn otherwise Harvin would be even closer to 1000 yards after 8 games.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 767
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm
  • It's too bad Minny won't take Flynn. He dinks and dunks better than any available QB in the NFL.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 767
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 pm
  • Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11202
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.


    That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 pm
  • Yet we whipped the Niners around 42-13, you should be more worried about your own team.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.


    That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.


    Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.


    42-13
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.


    That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.


    I'm going to attack the post. This is the dumbest post I've ever read on this board. And that includes all of mine. That's saying something.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.


    That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.


    Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.


    42-13


    But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

    If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

    And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:.


    Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.


    42-13


    But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

    If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

    And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.[/quote]

    What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

    You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.


    That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.



    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1459
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.


    Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.


    42-13


    But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

    If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

    And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.


    42-13
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14719
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:59 pm
  • ^^^^^^

    LOL

    Predictable
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm
  • If we get Percy, 54-9. If you guys get Percy, 45-17.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14719
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm
  • :177692: This rediculous thread does not have a specific topic.

    This is an exercise in game theory ........ "tit for tat" ...... I get it ..... I finally get it. :lol:
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3636
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:^^^^^^

    LOL

    Predictable


    Predictable is a Niners fan coming here and finding every possible chance to talk about how great they are. But only in seasons where they are better than us in the NFC West. So we've heard it all twice before. :pukeface:

    :34853_doh:
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Why is this "fan" here? There are only like 100 real fans in sf and one of them is Danny Tanner. Bunch of bandwagoners.
    Image
    User avatar
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1441
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 pm
  • "We're #2, We're #2"
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 am
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Ever heard of Ponder? Harvin isn't playing with Brady or Manning you know. Also their offense is like ours--RUN FIRST. Ponder dinks and dunks even more than Flynn otherwise Harvin would be even closer to 1000 yards after 8 games.


    Yeah he also had one of the all time great gunslingers in Brett Favre for 2 seasons. Good WRs still put up great numbers with bad quarterbacks. I'd even go as far to say that Ponder would look a lot better if he had a better receiver than Harvin (or any of their other receivers for that matter)

    It was similar last year (statistically his best season - and also he played a full season) in that he had the 4th most receptions of all WRs, but the 19th most yards, and of the top 60 in receiving yards, his 11.1 YPC average ranked 58th.
    And to top it all off, this low receiving average has a knock on effect that meant he only ranked 19th in gaining first downs, which, coupled with his high number of receptions gave him a 51.7% first down average, which was worse than 58 of the top 60 yardage leaders.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2515
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:19 am
  • Okay.. Your sentiments about Ponder's play explains why Minnesota believes Ponder>>Flynn.
    I'm not sure that your opinion of Harvin's 'average' body of work and piss poor attitude explains why he's likely going to get 10 mil/year while Flynn struggles to find a starting job despite a paycut this upcoming season.
    Harvin was a rookie in 2009 with 925 yards from scrimmage and 1100 yards returning kicks. He was the ideal counterpunch to Rice's 1300 yards receiving. But I'm sure you knew that. Harvin's contributions per salary were>>>>Flynn's and that's what's hurts right?
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 767
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:08 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:.


    Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.


    42-13


    But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

    If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

    And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.


    What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

    You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)[/quote]

    Yes we played in the Superbowl, and are the reigning NFC Champions. HOWEVER, us fans are already looking to next year and excited to see what it holds. Paying attention to the teams in our division is common sense, not fear. Believe what you want, but paying attention to what ALL of the teams in our division are doing during the off season is again common sense. And yes, I am sure that it is a reflection of what our team is doing as well. Also paying attention to the Rams and Cards MB's, so you are not unique.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am
  • I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2508
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Okay.. Your sentiments about Ponder's play explains why Minnesota believes Ponder>>Flynn.
    I'm not sure that your opinion of Harvin's 'average' body of work and piss poor attitude explains why he's likely going to get 10 mil/year while Flynn struggles to find a starting job despite a paycut this upcoming season.
    Harvin was a rookie in 2009 with 925 yards from scrimmage and 1100 yards returning kicks. He was the ideal counterpunch to Rice's 1300 yards receiving. But I'm sure you knew that. Harvin's contributions per salary were>>>>Flynn's and that's what's hurts right?


    Huh what? Flynn is not relevant to what Harvin is capable of.
    925 yards from scrimmage is OK... for 75 touches of the ball - but that was also probably his best season... 4 years ago.
    But he's not even the best WR from the 2009 draft class available this offseason (that'd be Mike Wallace, who was a 3rd round pick... so good wide receivers CAN be found in the middle to later rounds)
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2515
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......


    I do it because it is easier than searching multiple sports websites for information on the teams I am interested in. As fans, if we find something that is news worthy regarding our team we post it on our MB. One stop shop for everything relevant, or presumed to be relevant. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:50 pm
  • [/quote]

    But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

    If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

    And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.[/quote]

    What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

    You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)[/quote]

    Yes we played in the Superbowl, and are the reigning NFC Champions. HOWEVER, us fans are already looking to next year and excited to see what it holds. Paying attention to the teams in our division is common sense, not fear. Believe what you want, but paying attention to what ALL of the teams in our division are doing during the off season is again common sense. And yes, I am sure that it is a reflection of what our team is doing as well. Also paying attention to the Rams and Cards MB's, so you are not unique.[/quote]

    Paying attention? Fine. Spending your whole life here trying to convince us all of how much better your team is? Foolish waste of time. Pop in, read a few things. Fine. But why is your 49er fan buddy there getting involved on a discussion about Percy Harvin and then talking about how we're only good at home and neener neener? It makes no sense. I'd usually just think the guy was a bored troll, but I've come to realize that niners fans are scared to death of the Hawks. That's why they are here. Admit it. I don't hang out on 9ers board, Rams board, or Cards boards? Do you know why? Because I'm a Seahawks fan and I don't give two squirts what those teams do, because I know our management and coaches will do a better job either way and we will kick all of your butts.

    So yeah... no point to "check up on the rest" when you already know and are confident that your team is going to win. If you were as confident as us, you'd do the same. You aren't. So you all reside here in the offseason shaking in your boots at what the Seahawks will do to further step up and surpass you. We've done it since the day we walked into this division consistently and after a couple of rebuilding years next year we'll be dominant once again.

    Realize this. We were in a REBUILDING year with a rookie QB and newbies at the corners and LBer positions and still smoked you toward the end of the season, and if not for one really dumb play in Atlanta likely would have beaten you again. If not.... we were still in year 3 of a 4 year rebuilding plan and were 30 seconds away from playing your team that finally made it back after what 15 years and were one play better than us. No way you feel confident going into next season. No way in heck.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.


    That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.


    Wow. Talk about some FEAR talking, brother. Thanks for putting into context SF's attitude about the Hawks - the Hawks will never lose at home again - we will take homefield advantage and the Niners will have to play in the Clink in the Conference Championship - and get their asses handed to them - again. :(
    PLAYING REGULAR SUNDAY SCHEDULE WILL HELP HAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/15/ ... mojo-back/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1352
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm
  • Whiner fans are so freaking scared. I love it.
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 284
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 am


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:33 pm
  • LOL, like I said when I first joined this MB I am not here to troll. So I will let you guys assume whatever you want about what us Niner fans are thinking of your team. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. :th2thumbs:
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 pm
  • 42-13
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 pm
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:42-13


    That sure helps me sleep at night.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14719
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information