I've thought about this for a while before deciding to throw my opinion into the fray. At the end of the day, I just don't see it. Yes, Percy Harvin is one of the best receivers in the league and one of the most electrifying players in the league, period. There's no denying that. However, am I willing to sink a 2nd round pick and mass amounts of dollar dollar bills y'all at him? NO. Here's why... (half joking, but still pretty serious)
1) His "rap sheet" goes way beyond his time in Minnesota. Dating back to his days at Florida, he's the type of entitled star athlete that I absolutely can not stand. From trying to Sprewell/Carlesimo one of his coaches, to throwing a weight at Brad Childress. The man is a loose cannon. I'm not sure whether you can trust a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team? His whole career screams Andre Rison. I wonder what female celebrity will slash his tires and torch his house?
2) I don't like the message it sends to the rest of the team. You bring in this whiny little bitch and pay him a ton of money while other guys who have done more for the shirt are making peanuts. Not a fan of that.
3) It's much more fun to destroy the will of a man like Percy Harvin and watch him whine on the sidelines than to actually have him on your team. That act would get tired REAL QUICK.
4) I'm sure Pete Carroll would set him straight, but why mess with a good thing chemistry wise?
5) If John Schneider can find our franchise quarterback, lord and savior, in the 3rd round than why can't we just find our own Percy Harvin? The Packers drafted a reasonable facsimile in Randall Cobb and it only took them a 2nd rounder. I'm content with keeping the focus on the defense, shoring up the defensive line and LB spots that need shoring up, and especially the pass rush while also supplementing the offense with a shiny new toy somewhere along the way. I get that Harvin, in essence, would be costing us that same 2nd rounder that the Packers were able to snag Cobb with, but Cobb comes free of headaches (pun intended) and baggage. I'd much rather go that route.
Of course, as I told JonRud, if the Hawks did trade for Harvin and could sign him to a reasonable deal I'd be elated. Who am I kidding. He's a rare talent. However, if it were up to me (and aren't you all glad it's not), I'd stay away from Percy.