Percy Harvin's Availaibility

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Ever heard of Ponder? Harvin isn't playing with Brady or Manning you know. Also their offense is like ours--RUN FIRST. Ponder dinks and dunks even more than Flynn otherwise Harvin would be even closer to 1000 yards after 8 games.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm
  • It's too bad Minny won't take Flynn. He dinks and dunks better than any available QB in the NFL.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 pm
  • Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 pm
  • Yet we whipped the Niners around 42-13, you should be more worried about your own team.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.

Keep the topic on Harvin, please. Thanks.

42-13
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not too worried even if he went to the 49ers, after all they had 5 number 1's last year and we beat them pretty convincingly here, I also think with our defense he would be seeing the return route of the Amtrak that hit Davis, that tends to make guys have short arms if he make it thru the game. I figure Seahawk game days he will be like a frigid women and have a headache.

I'm going to attack the post. This is the dumbest post I've ever read on this board. And that includes all of mine. That's saying something.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:

42-13

But yet week 16 of LAST season has nothing to do with Harvin either.

If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:.

42-13

If that single game is the driver for why some of you aren't worried about Harvin maybe becoming a Niner this year, then WOW.

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.[/quote]

What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:That's the key word (see bold). You guys went 8-0 at home...which means you guys won how many away games? You guys need to learn to win on the road before claiming you guys aren't too worried about anything. Or do you guys actually believe you will HONESTLY never lose at home again? Just like you guys claim on here that Kaepernick will get figured out by defenders next season now that there is tape on him, what do you think opposing defenses are going to do next season to RW now that he isn't a rookie? You guys were the SURPRISE team this year, common sense dictates that next year will be much harder for you guys.

42-13

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.

42-13
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:59 pm
  • ^^^^^^

LOL

Predictable
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm
  • If we get Percy, 54-9. If you guys get Percy, 45-17.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm
  • :177692: This rediculous thread does not have a specific topic.

This is an exercise in game theory ........ "tit for tat" ...... I get it ..... I finally get it. :lol:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:^^^^^^

LOL

Predictable

Predictable is a Niners fan coming here and finding every possible chance to talk about how great they are. But only in seasons where they are better than us in the NFC West. So we've heard it all twice before. :pukeface:

:34853_doh:
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Why is this "fan" here? There are only like 100 real fans in sf and one of them is Danny Tanner. Bunch of bandwagoners.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 pm
  • "We're #2, We're #2"
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 am
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Ever heard of Ponder? Harvin isn't playing with Brady or Manning you know. Also their offense is like ours--RUN FIRST. Ponder dinks and dunks even more than Flynn otherwise Harvin would be even closer to 1000 yards after 8 games.

Yeah he also had one of the all time great gunslingers in Brett Favre for 2 seasons. Good WRs still put up great numbers with bad quarterbacks. I'd even go as far to say that Ponder would look a lot better if he had a better receiver than Harvin (or any of their other receivers for that matter)

It was similar last year (statistically his best season - and also he played a full season) in that he had the 4th most receptions of all WRs, but the 19th most yards, and of the top 60 in receiving yards, his 11.1 YPC average ranked 58th.
    And to top it all off, this low receiving average has a knock on effect that meant he only ranked 19th in gaining first downs, which, coupled with his high number of receptions gave him a 51.7% first down average, which was worse than 58 of the top 60 yardage leaders.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:19 am
  • Okay.. Your sentiments about Ponder's play explains why Minnesota believes Ponder>>Flynn.
    I'm not sure that your opinion of Harvin's 'average' body of work and piss poor attitude explains why he's likely going to get 10 mil/year while Flynn struggles to find a starting job despite a paycut this upcoming season.
    Harvin was a rookie in 2009 with 925 yards from scrimmage and 1100 yards returning kicks. He was the ideal counterpunch to Rice's 1300 yards receiving. But I'm sure you knew that. Harvin's contributions per salary were>>>>Flynn's and that's what's hurts right?
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:08 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:.

42-13

What really doesn't make sense is you acting like you gave us a pounding in SF. You won by what? One score? What was the shape of our offense then? What was the situation with dropped balls? We were 1 play away from beating you at your place early in the season.... you could have played us for a week straight and still not caught up when we played you late in the year.

You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)[/quote]

Yes we played in the Superbowl, and are the reigning NFC Champions. HOWEVER, us fans are already looking to next year and excited to see what it holds. Paying attention to the teams in our division is common sense, not fear. Believe what you want, but paying attention to what ALL of the teams in our division are doing during the off season is again common sense. And yes, I am sure that it is a reflection of what our team is doing as well. Also paying attention to the Rams and Cards MB's, so you are not unique.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am
  • I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Okay.. Your sentiments about Ponder's play explains why Minnesota believes Ponder>>Flynn.
    I'm not sure that your opinion of Harvin's 'average' body of work and piss poor attitude explains why he's likely going to get 10 mil/year while Flynn struggles to find a starting job despite a paycut this upcoming season.
    Harvin was a rookie in 2009 with 925 yards from scrimmage and 1100 yards returning kicks. He was the ideal counterpunch to Rice's 1300 yards receiving. But I'm sure you knew that. Harvin's contributions per salary were>>>>Flynn's and that's what's hurts right?

Huh what? Flynn is not relevant to what Harvin is capable of.
    925 yards from scrimmage is OK... for 75 touches of the ball - but that was also probably his best season... 4 years ago.
    But he's not even the best WR from the 2009 draft class available this offseason (that'd be Mike Wallace, who was a 3rd round pick... so good wide receivers CAN be found in the middle to later rounds)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......

I do it because it is easier than searching multiple sports websites for information on the teams I am interested in. As fans, if we find something that is news worthy regarding our team we post it on our MB. One stop shop for everything relevant, or presumed to be relevant. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:50 pm
  • [/quote]

And not too many of us Niner fans care about the "42-13" game anymore anyways. We kinda played a few more games after that. ;) Constantly posting "42-13" makes as much sense as a Niner fan posting "Atlanta" on here. Doesn't really matter anymore.[/quote]

You know as well as we all do that you guys had to wear a diaper when we played Atlanta, and you KNOW you all cheered like maniacs when they kicked that field goal. You fear us. So you're here. We don't hang out on your board. Know why? Because we have no fear of your team. We ARE talking about our team. You just played in the Super Bowl and you're here on a Seahawks board talking about the Seahawks. That to me shows me where your fan's heads are, and usually the fans are a reflection of the organization. The 49ers know the window just closed a bit more. Disagree if you want, but the only way I'll believe you is if you leave and don't respond. ;)[/quote]

Yes we played in the Superbowl, and are the reigning NFC Champions. HOWEVER, us fans are already looking to next year and excited to see what it holds. Paying attention to the teams in our division is common sense, not fear. Believe what you want, but paying attention to what ALL of the teams in our division are doing during the off season is again common sense. And yes, I am sure that it is a reflection of what our team is doing as well. Also paying attention to the Rams and Cards MB's, so you are not unique.[/quote]

Paying attention? Fine. Spending your whole life here trying to convince us all of how much better your team is? Foolish waste of time. Pop in, read a few things. Fine. But why is your 49er fan buddy there getting involved on a discussion about Percy Harvin and then talking about how we're only good at home and neener neener? It makes no sense. I'd usually just think the guy was a bored troll, but I've come to realize that niners fans are scared to death of the Hawks. That's why they are here. Admit it. I don't hang out on 9ers board, Rams board, or Cards boards? Do you know why? Because I'm a Seahawks fan and I don't give two squirts what those teams do, because I know our management and coaches will do a better job either way and we will kick all of your butts.

So yeah... no point to "check up on the rest" when you already know and are confident that your team is going to win. If you were as confident as us, you'd do the same. You aren't. So you all reside here in the offseason shaking in your boots at what the Seahawks will do to further step up and surpass you. We've done it since the day we walked into this division consistently and after a couple of rebuilding years next year we'll be dominant once again.

Realize this. We were in a REBUILDING year with a rookie QB and newbies at the corners and LBer positions and still smoked you toward the end of the season, and if not for one really dumb play in Atlanta likely would have beaten you again. If not.... we were still in year 3 of a 4 year rebuilding plan and were 30 seconds away from playing your team that finally made it back after what 15 years and were one play better than us. No way you feel confident going into next season. No way in heck.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:

Wow. Talk about some FEAR talking, brother. Thanks for putting into context SF's attitude about the Hawks - the Hawks will never lose at home again - we will take homefield advantage and the Niners will have to play in the Clink in the Conference Championship - and get their asses handed to them - again. :(
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm
  • Whiner fans are so freaking scared. I love it.
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:33 pm
  • LOL, like I said when I first joined this MB I am not here to troll. So I will let you guys assume whatever you want about what us Niner fans are thinking of your team. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. :th2thumbs:
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 pm
  • 42-13
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 pm
  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:42-13

That sure helps me sleep at night.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:LOL, like I said when I first joined this MB I am not here to troll. So I will let you guys assume whatever you want about what us Niner fans are thinking of your team. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. :th2thumbs:

Read your posts. If that isn't trolling to you, then you obviously have no concept of what trolling is. You're on a SEAHAWKS board. That in itself is one thing. Then making posts claiming how far superior you are to us after our last head to head matchup resulted in the most embarrassing loss you guys have had in years (on national tv no less) and that you act as if you are dominant at home, but beat us due to 2 dropped passes as our offense was still in brand new full rebuild mode shows that it is 100% obvious that you are trolling this board.

You can claim you didn't have Kaepernick, but when you did? We decimated you guys. It was hilarious. The game was over within about 5 minutes and everybody and their dog knew it was. So don't act as if your defeat of us at home earlier has any importance in the grand scheme moving forward. Different situation, different team, and our QB next year is going into his second season, just as yours did this year. Scared? I'd say you are scared to death, and that is why you monitor our every move. I won't monitor one thing the 49ers do and still haven't. Because it doesn't matter to us. We know we're better.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:21 pm
  • 49ers and Seahawks are about equal at the moment (and strangely similar overall). They might slump for a season, they might not, and they might not need to for us to overtake them. However, that's no excuse to crown us before we're king. Watch a Ted Talk or something instead of arguing from the subjective recesses of NFL fandom (on the internet no less!).
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm
  • We've been "king" more often than not since joining the NFC West. 9ers fans act like they've dominated the division for years. They did in the OLD NFC West, but since the Hawks joined the division, they have won more conference titles than the 9ers did. And they had the same amount of wins this year as we did. We have 5 division titles to their 3 in that span. We have been rebuilding for approximately 4 of those years (this year was year 3 of the current 4 year plan, and the Mora year and Holmgren's last year were considered rebuilds). Yet we still have won the division 5 of the 11 seasons we've been in the division.

I think overall we are consistently the best team in the conference since joining and therefore are "King" in the overall sense, and emerged from rebuild mode at mid-season of this past season. It's on now, and we'll likely follow form and go on another 3 or 4 year run as division champions. The 49ers had their two year run, and I congratulate them... but their window was fully open and is now closing, when our window was barely cracked open at the beginning of the season before this past one, and we started a rookie QB this year and matched the 9ers in wins, and destroyed them at the end of the year. I don't think this is an early crowning. I think it is a realistic look at how teams tend to move to the top and win a division for a few years with a solid core of players. I think the Hawks are now more solid top to bottom than the 49ers. That's just me, but I feel it's the fact. I know that regardless of what happens, I won't waste my time or energy on a 9ers board after next year, regardless of how the Hawks do.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm
  • How did a 49er fan get involved in this??? You have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this thread. Please continue posting on your favorite teams forum that was a Raiders forums around 2002 but then changed in the past 2 years when your 'team' became relevant again. And then after this season when Russell Wilson takes over the NFL you can post here again when you suddenly become a Seahawk fan on a new account.

Anyways.....sign Percy Harvin if he realizes he doesn't deserve a Megatron deal. Calvin Johnson is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL's history. Percy willl add a dimension to our offense that Tate can't because Percy is a fantastic route runner ontop of everything else. Or don't sign him I don't care. We could have 5 random no names and Russell Wilson would still make us a top 10 offense. I feel like South Park.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......

I do it because it is easier than searching multiple sports websites for information on the teams I am interested in. As fans, if we find something that is news worthy regarding our team we post it on our MB. One stop shop for everything relevant, or presumed to be relevant. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. ;)

Dude, you just got verbally beat down by a girl who was not trying that hard - it could be time to hang it up. Good Job Seahawkgal!

Percy is going to find out real quick he is not getting Megatron cash! Thats when we swoop in with 5 bucks more then the next team
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:I don't waste my time at other team's message boards. Just sayin.......

Dude, you just got verbally beat down by a girl who was not trying that hard - it could be time to hang it up. Good Job Seahawkgal!

:thirishdrinkers:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:37 am
  • It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

I was told when I first signed up on here that there are members here that find amusement in trying to get every Niner fan who is on here to eventually explode and do something worthy of getting banned, and it appears to be evident that I am yet again coming across this behavior. Providing an outsiders perspective is not trolling, it is something that we welcome on 49ers.com actually as it helps to keep us informed about what other teams are doing and thinking. And it is also fun to talk with mature fans of other teams. Since the comments in here have resorted to the typical middle school behavior in regards to getting "beat down by a girl", I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer as I am only here to talk football. It is ironic however that the behavior you guys claim to hate Niner fans for is being exhibited by your own fans in this thread. Just sayin'...
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 am
  • It sounds to me that you are butt hurt that a girl embarrassed you. I can see why you guys have the nickname the whiners.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:20 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

I was told when I first signed up on here that there are members here that find amusement in trying to get every Niner fan who is on here to eventually explode and do something worthy of getting banned, and it appears to be evident that I am yet again coming across this behavior. Providing an outsiders perspective is not trolling, it is something that we welcome on 49ers.com actually as it helps to keep us informed about what other teams are doing and thinking. And it is also fun to talk with mature fans of other teams. Since the comments in here have resorted to the typical middle school behavior in regards to getting "beat down by a girl", I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer as I am only here to talk football. It is ironic however that the behavior you guys claim to hate Niner fans for is being exhibited by your own fans in this thread. Just sayin'...

I get what you're saying, there's a rise in the tension, but you should know coming into another team's message board trying to convince that our team isn't as good as they are is just really stupid. I'm sure a lot of people here appreciate the "outsiders perspective" but the way you presented it, makes it just look like you're asking for an argument. Besides, not saying we don't appreciate other fans coming here, but if we really wanted the "outsiders perspective", we would just go to other boards to see what they're doing.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 am
  • According to the latest from the Vikings GM, Harvin isn't available for trade so we have 12 pages and counting of raised hopes and 9ers bashing. Beats uni discussions from last year, though that reached an epic total. Long way to go before this can match that feat.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 am
  • The reason I don't go to any niners board to find out info is because I can find out about what is going on with the niners from other sources. I really don't want to talk about that franchise to any of their fan base except ONE personal friend of mine. I know all I need to know about the niners. I want to be here with fellow Seahawks fans because it's fun. Like I said before, I don't ever go to niner boards, I have no interest in talking to their fan base, I've got better things to do with my time....Just sayin.......
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:29 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

There are plenty of opposing fans on here that are more than welcome and don't draw this kind of attention. It seems lately yours always create some type of negative feedback. Coincidence? I think not. Box and other Niners fans don't get every post jumped on because they don't come across as condescending and disrespectful. You seem to like to take little jabs at our team and then cry foul when you get attacked.

And don't start with the "you're acting just like the 49'ers fans you hate" BS. If I went onto a Niners boards taking offense to every anti-Seahawks post and trying to defend them, while dogging the Niners, I'd expect some kind of backlash. To expect differently, is being naive.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 pm
  • If NinerLifer hasn't been banned by now, then give him some slack. I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the 9er trolls out of this place
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:If NinerLifer hasn't been banned by now, then give him some slack. I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the 9er trolls out of this place

Not saying he's a troll at all. He does make some legitimate comments. He just seems like the type that pokes at things repeatedly and then cry when it pokes back.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:51 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:We've been "king" more often than not since joining the NFC West. 9ers fans act like they've dominated the division for years. They did in the OLD NFC West, but since the Hawks joined the division, they have won more conference titles than the 9ers did. And they had the same amount of wins this year as we did. We have 5 division titles to their 3 in that span. We have been rebuilding for approximately 4 of those years (this year was year 3 of the current 4 year plan, and the Mora year and Holmgren's last year were considered rebuilds). Yet we still have won the division 5 of the 11 seasons we've been in the division.

I think overall we are consistently the best team in the conference since joining and therefore are "King" in the overall sense, and emerged from rebuild mode at mid-season of this past season. It's on now, and we'll likely follow form and go on another 3 or 4 year run as division champions. The 49ers had their two year run, and I congratulate them... but their window was fully open and is now closing, when our window was barely cracked open at the beginning of the season before this past one, and we started a rookie QB this year and matched the 9ers in wins, and destroyed them at the end of the year. I don't think this is an early crowning. I think it is a realistic look at how teams tend to move to the top and win a division for a few years with a solid core of players. I think the Hawks are now more solid top to bottom than the 49ers. That's just me, but I feel it's the fact. I know that regardless of what happens, I won't waste my time or energy on a 9ers board after next year, regardless of how the Hawks do.

We're king in the literal sense. King Arthur.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:59 pm
  • NinerLifer just got basically jail-house raped by a girl! He's probably gonna switch teams now - maybe to the Seahawks due to Stockholm Syndrome. I wonder what team he was a lifetime fan of last year.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:03 pm
  • he has migraine headaches. cant play in the clink.

also we destroyed his ankle
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 pm
  • Rat wrote:The more I think about this, the more I hope we make a move for Harvin. Right now, our offense is very, very good. With Harvin, it's downright scary. Opposing defenses already have to sell out on the run to stop arguably the second-best running back in the NFL, plus the threat of a mobile QB with great escapability who can actually throw. Add one of the most electrifying wideouts in the league to that equation: how is anyone going to stop that? That's not even mentioning legitimate threats like Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Robert Turbin.

One of the opposing arguments I keep hearing for this potential deal is that we have young guys who will need to be paid soon. I don't want to lose any of our better players either, but all of our core players (Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Okung, Wagner) have multiple years left on their contracts. Some are worried about holdouts, but thanks to the new CBA, those guys couldn't sign new deals right deal if Paul Allen gave them a signed blank contract. Cap hell is extremely overrated anyway. If your cap guys know what they're doing, you can do pretty much whatever you want. How many years have the Redskins been way over the cap, only to sign more players, without losing anyone important? Not that the Redskins are a shining example of how to run a franchise, but they are a good example of how overrated alleged cap problems are.

If you do acquire Harvin, do you do it at the expense that we likely can't upgrade our defense other than the draft? No way does Percy play for 2.9 million.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:11 pm
  • This is a long post and will probably ruffle some feathers but looking back at this thread there are quite a few of you who are due a mouthful of crow. Some common names were strongly against Harvin I guarantee the day we traded for Harvin you changed your opinion of him in a second and were probably singing his praises.

Basis4day “I prefer Tate and Baldwin than Harvin.”

Zebulon Dak “Harvin is not that much better than Tate, if at all.”

Scutterhawk replies to Zebulon Dak “THIS!, Plus, Tate and Wilson have already established a meshing, so why would you monkey with that?”

Shadowhawk “I think we'd get a lot more bang for our buck with a couple of draft picks than trading for Harvin or spending big bucks on a free agent WR.”

Mrblitz “at this point, tate is better than harvin.”
    Loafoftatupu “Looks like Tubby is talking to Paul Allen (the Minny broadcaster) about it so it is a legit idea. I don't like it... No way that kind of swap for Harvin, not in my realm.”

Jvill “He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.
    P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?”

As you can see there was some strong opinions against Harvin, so much that some have lost credibility with me.
    Was wanting to point out the proponents against Harvin than saying I told you so but I was behind this move from the first rumor. Guys like Rat and Hasselbeck

Props to SNDavidson “With my 1000th post I am now officially guarunteeing that the Seahawks will sign Percy Harvin. It is now fate... let it happen...”

Wenhawk “Wow... I can’t believe people can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.
    I am a proponent of adding another weapon on offense this off season and was focusing on a big 6'2+ WR to play on the outside and/or back up Rice if/when he gets injured again, and I also think an athletic pass catching TE that can split out wide would be great addition too.
    We have an amazing young QB but only a slightly above average WR/TE group for him to throw too. The hawks need a WR that can get open and I don't think it's crazy to think Harvin could be top 5 in the league in getting separation. He has the speed and quick’s off a smaller player but is still 5'11 185lbs and plays bigger. Not many rookies come in and make immediate contributions. What 2nd rd WR can you guarantee will make an immediate impact and force team to scheme for them. A player like Harvin will open up a whole lot for an offense like ours. He can play any WR position, RB, and return kicks. He is a one of a kind player and to think we could get him for a 2nd makes me laugh. This is exactly the type of shrewd move JS would make.
    Oh and I'd be fine with Giving Harvin whatever Mike Wallace gets, Harvin is a better plaer and has much more versatility. Walllace has speed, but Harvin has speed, quicks, hands, and much more.
    Last edited by Wenhawk on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:32 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:As you can see there was some strong opinions against Harvin, so much that some have lost credibility with me.

Some people don't realize that the internet is forever and what you type is forever embedded it's DNA. As for those posters you are attempting to wag your finger at, in their defense, a lot of people were against the move when it was reported that Harvin was seeking Fitzgerald and Megatron type money. When it was revealed that he actually would be okay with Vincent Jackson type money, that helped turn the tides for many, including..... John Schneider.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information