Percy Harvin's Availaibility

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 am
  • The reason I don't go to any niners board to find out info is because I can find out about what is going on with the niners from other sources. I really don't want to talk about that franchise to any of their fan base except ONE personal friend of mine. I know all I need to know about the niners. I want to be here with fellow Seahawks fans because it's fun. Like I said before, I don't ever go to niner boards, I have no interest in talking to their fan base, I've got better things to do with my time....Just sayin.......
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:29 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

I was told when I first signed up on here that there are members here that find amusement in trying to get every Niner fan who is on here to eventually explode and do something worthy of getting banned, and it appears to be evident that I am yet again coming across this behavior. Providing an outsiders perspective is not trolling, it is something that we welcome on 49ers.com actually as it helps to keep us informed about what other teams are doing and thinking. And it is also fun to talk with mature fans of other teams. Since the comments in here have resorted to the typical middle school behavior in regards to getting "beat down by a girl", I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer as I am only here to talk football. It is ironic however that the behavior you guys claim to hate Niner fans for is being exhibited by your own fans in this thread. Just sayin'...

There are plenty of opposing fans on here that are more than welcome and don't draw this kind of attention. It seems lately yours always create some type of negative feedback. Coincidence? I think not. Box and other Niners fans don't get every post jumped on because they don't come across as condescending and disrespectful. You seem to like to take little jabs at our team and then cry foul when you get attacked.

And don't start with the "you're acting just like the 49'ers fans you hate" BS. If I went onto a Niners boards taking offense to every anti-Seahawks post and trying to defend them, while dogging the Niners, I'd expect some kind of backlash. To expect differently, is being naive.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 pm
  • If NinerLifer hasn't been banned by now, then give him some slack. I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the 9er trolls out of this place
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:If NinerLifer hasn't been banned by now, then give him some slack. I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the 9er trolls out of this place

Not saying he's a troll at all. He does make some legitimate comments. He just seems like the type that pokes at things repeatedly and then cry when it pokes back.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:51 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:We've been "king" more often than not since joining the NFC West. 9ers fans act like they've dominated the division for years. They did in the OLD NFC West, but since the Hawks joined the division, they have won more conference titles than the 9ers did. And they had the same amount of wins this year as we did. We have 5 division titles to their 3 in that span. We have been rebuilding for approximately 4 of those years (this year was year 3 of the current 4 year plan, and the Mora year and Holmgren's last year were considered rebuilds). Yet we still have won the division 5 of the 11 seasons we've been in the division.

I think overall we are consistently the best team in the conference since joining and therefore are "King" in the overall sense, and emerged from rebuild mode at mid-season of this past season. It's on now, and we'll likely follow form and go on another 3 or 4 year run as division champions. The 49ers had their two year run, and I congratulate them... but their window was fully open and is now closing, when our window was barely cracked open at the beginning of the season before this past one, and we started a rookie QB this year and matched the 9ers in wins, and destroyed them at the end of the year. I don't think this is an early crowning. I think it is a realistic look at how teams tend to move to the top and win a division for a few years with a solid core of players. I think the Hawks are now more solid top to bottom than the 49ers. That's just me, but I feel it's the fact. I know that regardless of what happens, I won't waste my time or energy on a 9ers board after next year, regardless of how the Hawks do.

We're king in the literal sense. King Arthur.
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:59 pm
  • NinerLifer just got basically jail-house raped by a girl! He's probably gonna switch teams now - maybe to the Seahawks due to Stockholm Syndrome. I wonder what team he was a lifetime fan of last year.
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:03 pm
  • he has migraine headaches. cant play in the clink.

also we destroyed his ankle
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 pm
  • Rat wrote:The more I think about this, the more I hope we make a move for Harvin. Right now, our offense is very, very good. With Harvin, it's downright scary. Opposing defenses already have to sell out on the run to stop arguably the second-best running back in the NFL, plus the threat of a mobile QB with great escapability who can actually throw. Add one of the most electrifying wideouts in the league to that equation: how is anyone going to stop that? That's not even mentioning legitimate threats like Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Robert Turbin.

One of the opposing arguments I keep hearing for this potential deal is that we have young guys who will need to be paid soon. I don't want to lose any of our better players either, but all of our core players (Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Okung, Wagner) have multiple years left on their contracts. Some are worried about holdouts, but thanks to the new CBA, those guys couldn't sign new deals right deal if Paul Allen gave them a signed blank contract. Cap hell is extremely overrated anyway. If your cap guys know what they're doing, you can do pretty much whatever you want. How many years have the Redskins been way over the cap, only to sign more players, without losing anyone important? Not that the Redskins are a shining example of how to run a franchise, but they are a good example of how overrated alleged cap problems are.

If you do acquire Harvin, do you do it at the expense that we likely can't upgrade our defense other than the draft? No way does Percy play for 2.9 million.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:11 pm
  • This is a long post and will probably ruffle some feathers but looking back at this thread there are quite a few of you who are due a mouthful of crow. Some common names were strongly against Harvin I guarantee the day we traded for Harvin you changed your opinion of him in a second and were probably singing his praises.

Basis4day “I prefer Tate and Baldwin than Harvin.”

Zebulon Dak “Harvin is not that much better than Tate, if at all.”

Scutterhawk replies to Zebulon Dak “THIS!, Plus, Tate and Wilson have already established a meshing, so why would you monkey with that?”

Shadowhawk “I think we'd get a lot more bang for our buck with a couple of draft picks than trading for Harvin or spending big bucks on a free agent WR.”

Mrblitz “at this point, tate is better than harvin.”
    Loafoftatupu “Looks like Tubby is talking to Paul Allen (the Minny broadcaster) about it so it is a legit idea. I don't like it... No way that kind of swap for Harvin, not in my realm.”

Jvill “He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.
    P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?”

As you can see there was some strong opinions against Harvin, so much that some have lost credibility with me.
    Was wanting to point out the proponents against Harvin than saying I told you so but I was behind this move from the first rumor. Guys like Rat and Hasselbeck

Props to SNDavidson “With my 1000th post I am now officially guarunteeing that the Seahawks will sign Percy Harvin. It is now fate... let it happen...”

Wenhawk “Wow... I can’t believe people can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.
    I am a proponent of adding another weapon on offense this off season and was focusing on a big 6'2+ WR to play on the outside and/or back up Rice if/when he gets injured again, and I also think an athletic pass catching TE that can split out wide would be great addition too.
    We have an amazing young QB but only a slightly above average WR/TE group for him to throw too. The hawks need a WR that can get open and I don't think it's crazy to think Harvin could be top 5 in the league in getting separation. He has the speed and quick’s off a smaller player but is still 5'11 185lbs and plays bigger. Not many rookies come in and make immediate contributions. What 2nd rd WR can you guarantee will make an immediate impact and force team to scheme for them. A player like Harvin will open up a whole lot for an offense like ours. He can play any WR position, RB, and return kicks. He is a one of a kind player and to think we could get him for a 2nd makes me laugh. This is exactly the type of shrewd move JS would make.
    Oh and I'd be fine with Giving Harvin whatever Mike Wallace gets, Harvin is a better plaer and has much more versatility. Walllace has speed, but Harvin has speed, quicks, hands, and much more.
    Last edited by Wenhawk on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:32 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:As you can see there was some strong opinions against Harvin, so much that some have lost credibility with me.

Some people don't realize that the internet is forever and what you type is forever embedded it's DNA. As for those posters you are attempting to wag your finger at, in their defense, a lot of people were against the move when it was reported that Harvin was seeking Fitzgerald and Megatron type money. When it was revealed that he actually would be okay with Vincent Jackson type money, that helped turn the tides for many, including..... John Schneider.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 pm
  • Somebody's drunk.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:45 pm
  • I honestly didn't think PC & JS were going to make this move. I still don't think Percy's much better than Golden but I'll be more than happy to be wrong about that and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them on the field at the same time. I think they're going to give defenses fits. So far, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:07 pm
  • ironic that you have Harvin in your avater after your presistance he wasn't much better than Tate and worth the investment.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:17 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:ironic that you have Harvin in your avater after your presistance he wasn't much better than Tate and worth the investment.

Why are you being douchey? I was NEVER against the move. I didn't think it was going to happen. 2 totally different things.

I'm glad you feel like you won, or whatever.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:19 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:ironic that you have Harvin in your avater after your presistance he wasn't much better than Tate and worth the investment.

Give it a rest. Pretty lame bringing up stuff that was said 2 months ago and holding it against them.. People are allowed to change their minds and cheer for current Seahawks. Harvin is now a Seahawk, so we all love him. Is it really that important for you to be right?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 pm
  • Shack it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 pm
  • You're missing a big feature of the forum by singling guys out, Wenhawk. It's not just about individuals being individually right or wrong, it's about the overall consensus we continually form when we all spout off our own opinion. We've got concerns about the trade compensation, his contract demands, his durability, and his playing ability spread throughout dozens of posts and even so, the only thing that's changed for the nay-sayers is JS/PC think Harvin is worth the risk and many of these concerns won't be able to be addressed until the guy gets to play. Caution is healthy and there's nothing wrong with being wrong (on a forum, at least). In fact, now that we have Harvin, the people you've high-lighted are likely at forefront of those who hope that they're wrong about Harvin!
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm
  • Honestly it is nothing personal, it's just funny how so many people were against the move when it was just rumor (this thread is proof). Now that Harvin is a Seahawk we are all ecstatic. I wasn't trying to attack you specifically, just generally all the people who said the silly things anti Percy, and I wanted them realize how being so strongly against was way off I'm sure Rat who was pro Harvin and got tagged teamed must have felt then, those that were dead wrong can eat their crow.

Although Harvin hasn't produced yet, the fact we gave up a 1st and 3rd and paid him $12m a year should be enough.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm
  • As we watch Darryl Bevell handle Percy Harvin, we may well see yet another revelation in the value of Darrell Bevell.

Darrell has clearly taken on ownership of the Harvin addition. And recall that Darrell was considered for head coaching jobs elsewhere. Without Bevell's endorsement, the Harvin outcome likely could have been different. The man that has bought in big time and underwritten all this is Coach Pete Carroll.

Below is the complete referenced post as it originally appeared.
    P.S. I don't know what ails Wenhawk or why he has chosen to single out individuals.

Jville wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:An article on why it might not be such a great idea: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-argume ... to-seattle

Thanks for posting. Too bad it isn't in audio. Lota folks around here are so busy posting they don't have time to read.
    Harvin had an embarrassing tirade directed toward Frasier, disrespecting the coach during the season when Harvin was sidelined with an injured ankle.

Teammates were present, and Max was told that is when Harvin left the team and was put on injured reserve.

Sources say teammates were disappointed in Harvin’s actions and the organization has moved toward less tolerance for that behavior.

Harvin apparently had a similar incident when Childress coached the team.

:hmmmm: Think there might be a pattern there?

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also suffered many other issues including ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games).

:shock: Damn he makes Sidney Rice look like an Iron Man.
    Harvin also refused to run stadium steps with the rest of the team during offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, according to the Sporting News, and once allegedly threw wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales to the ground by his neck.

:34853_doh: Charming
    Harvin told strength and conditioning coaches while boycotting stadium runs, “this (expletive) ends now,”

:177692: He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.

P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:57 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I honestly didn't think PC & JS were going to make this move. I still don't think Percy's much better than Golden but I'll be more than happy to be wrong about that and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them on the field at the same time. I think they're going to give defenses fits. So far, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have.

So basically you want to stand by what you said but the second the season starts you can fall in love with harvin?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 pm
  • Just read through the entire thread...funny stuff.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I honestly didn't think PC & JS were going to make this move. I still don't think Percy's much better than Golden but I'll be more than happy to be wrong about that and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them on the field at the same time. I think they're going to give defenses fits. So far, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have.

So basically you want to stand by what you said but the second the season starts you can fall in love with harvin?

I'm already in love with Harvin. I've always liked him and I'm happy he's a Seahawk. What's it matter to you anyway?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:08 pm
  • And if you're gonna call somebody out tell the whole story or you might end up looking like an asshole.

Zebulon Dak wrote:Harvin's a playmaker with an unflattering injury history. If PC & JS thought he was the guy to take us to the next level then I'd be totally stoked to bring him in at whatever price they think he's worth. But I doubt they do it and I honestly don't think that, as a WR, he's much better than Golden Tate, if at all. As a "flex" type player, sure, he adds a whole nother element. He's gonna want a lot of money, and he's probably gonna get it.

Zebulon Dak wrote:You're selling Tate short. Look at what he did when he did get the ball. He's a playmaker. He's probably not better than Percy Harvin but he's not much of a drop off talent-wise as a WR.

Zebulon Dak wrote:He also has a pretty unfavorable injury history and is going to demand a pretty large contract. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, or that we won't, but I can see why we wouldn't if we don't. I will definitely not be mad about it either way.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:25 pm
  • I bet on 16:1 odds that we got Percy Harvin this year in FA while at Vegas! and I bet $1000! Laughing my way to the bank @this thread :D Where's my bookie?! I want my $16,000!!!
    Seaman
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 pm
  • Seaman wrote:I bet on 16:1 odds that we got Percy Harvin this year in FA while at Vegas! and I bet $1000! Laughing my way to the bank @this thread :D Where's my bookie?! I want my $16,000!!!

:lol:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 pm
  • Seaman wrote:I bet on 16:1 odds that we got Percy Harvin this year in FA while at Vegas! and I bet $1000! Laughing my way to the bank @this thread :D Where's my bookie?! I want my $16,000!!!

Congrats, Man!! That's great!!

But c'mon with the 16-1 odds. We know better than that.

Largent80 got 16-1 odds on the Seahawks winning 8 or more games last year while everybody else in the world who made that bet had to pay -110 on the line and he cashed for a cool 16GRAND so you must have gotten something closer to 30-1...
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:50 pm
  • I think Zeb and others made good points. The fact is, if you go by FO's stats for WR's and that's pretty much accepted around here, Harvin has never had a single season as good as the one Tate just finished. Not even close. And that includes when Favre was throwing to him. In fact, Baldwin's first season ranks equal to Harvin's best season.

So people are right to say he isn't really an upgrade over what we already have.

Why they're also right to be happy as heck we got him is because he's an upgrade OVERALL. He allows us to do things we can't do with the other WR's. Harvin upgrades us - amazingly, considering how good Leon was - on special teams. Harvin allows us to do things with our read option the other WR's didn't give us. Harvin is a deep threat alongside Rice. All those things don't make him better than the WR's we already have, he makes the TEAM better by adding his skills to what we already have.

I think many people around here buy into the notion we don't have good WR;s. Well, we do. And now, with Harvin, we have even MORE good WR's.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 am
  • Wenhawk, if you're going to dig through this thread and try and serve up some crow, I don't know how you can gloss over my post on the matter. I have no problems eating crow and the funny thing is I was on board with the Harvin deal once it got done. The cost wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, and Harvin really won me over with his press conference after the deal. He seemed genuinely excited to be a part of this thing. Figure everyone would enjoy a laugh at my general direction.

NYCoug wrote:I've thought about this for a while before deciding to throw my opinion into the fray. At the end of the day, I just don't see it. Yes, Percy Harvin is one of the best receivers in the league and one of the most electrifying players in the league, period. There's no denying that. However, am I willing to sink a 2nd round pick and mass amounts of dollar dollar bills y'all at him? NO. Here's why... (half joking, but still pretty serious)

1) His "rap sheet" goes way beyond his time in Minnesota. Dating back to his days at Florida, he's the type of entitled star athlete that I absolutely can not stand. From trying to Sprewell/Carlesimo one of his coaches, to throwing a weight at Brad Childress. The man is a loose cannon. I'm not sure whether you can trust a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team? His whole career screams Andre Rison. I wonder what female celebrity will slash his tires and torch his house?

2) I don't like the message it sends to the rest of the team. You bring in this whiny little bitch and pay him a ton of money while other guys who have done more for the shirt are making peanuts. Not a fan of that.

3) It's much more fun to destroy the will of a man like Percy Harvin and watch him whine on the sidelines than to actually have him on your team. That act would get tired REAL QUICK.

4) I'm sure Pete Carroll would set him straight, but why mess with a good thing chemistry wise?

5) If John Schneider can find our franchise quarterback, lord and savior, in the 3rd round than why can't we just find our own Percy Harvin? The Packers drafted a reasonable facsimile in Randall Cobb and it only took them a 2nd rounder. I'm content with keeping the focus on the defense, shoring up the defensive line and LB spots that need shoring up, and especially the pass rush while also supplementing the offense with a shiny new toy somewhere along the way. I get that Harvin, in essence, would be costing us that same 2nd rounder that the Packers were able to snag Cobb with, but Cobb comes free of headaches (pun intended) and baggage. I'd much rather go that route.

Of course, as I told JonRud, if the Hawks did trade for Harvin and could sign him to a reasonable deal I'd be elated. Who am I kidding. He's a rare talent. However, if it were up to me (and aren't you all glad it's not), I'd stay away from Percy.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I honestly didn't think PC & JS were going to make this move. I still don't think Percy's much better than Golden but I'll be more than happy to be wrong about that and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them on the field at the same time. I think they're going to give defenses fits. So far, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have.

I'm already in love with Harvin. I've always liked him and I'm happy he's a Seahawk. What's it matter to you anyway?

Hard to tell you like him from the first 5 pages of this thread. What does it matter to me? Its the internet, with faceless people I will never meet.....doesn't matter to me, I am just pointing out the differences in commentary pre and post Harvin. Clearly it matters to you, reminds me of Flynn vs Wilson..... funny how the Flynn crowd went from hatting Wilson to being HUGE supporters.

Whatever bro.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 am
  • Hey, we're all diehards here for the most part, so of course people are going to pick a side (human nature) and ultimately root for the team (being a diehard). All the Flynn/Wilson, Harvin debates are what makes it fun to be a fan and check out this site. There's a lot of people with a lot of different opinions but at the end of the day everyone just wants to see the Hawks win.

I was a Wilson dude all the way, but I have absolutely no problem with Flynn supporters loving Russ too now. They'd be fools and awful fans if they didn't.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:07 am
  • What's wrong with throwing weights at Childress? He looks like Dr Phil with AIDS, it's VERY deserving.

Harvin/Avril/Bennett is Ruskell's 2006 offseason. JS and Pete are now all-in, it'll make or break the SB window, IMO. They' they've made their living off their ballsy moves, so, no reason to doubt this one.

IMO, Harvin's been a slight diva due to his circumstances. Same for the odd injury list. Harvin just wants to win, and if he does, that'll cure everything for him. Harvin was probably that one kid, we were all teammates with in pop warner, who cried after every loss.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 am
  • NYCoug wrote:Hey, we're all diehards here for the most part, so of course people are going to pick a side (human nature) and ultimately root for the team (being a diehard). All the Flynn/Wilson, Harvin debates are what makes it fun to be a fan and check out this site. There's a lot of people with a lot of different opinions but at the end of the day everyone just wants to see the Hawks win.

I was a Wilson dude all the way, but I have absolutely no problem with Flynn supporters loving Russ too now. They'd be fools and awful fans if they didn't.

I have no problem with any of them.....just wish "I was wrong" was in the vocab of people.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 am
  • Any off field concerns about Harvin are still completely valid, though I suspect they will take a couple of years to come to fruition. Pete and John are selling sunshine and lollipops for Harvin right now, but the deal they made with him has a back door after 3 years. The potential for him to be a problem is not lost on them. And Harvin is not immune to on field dogging it when he feels petulant. This is still a high risk move. Though the Houshmanzadeh cut would suggest they would get rid of Harvin and still pay him if they thought he was being a bitch.

I was stunned by the move. the only receivers they had explored trading picks for in the past were Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall, both big targets who are more post up players than speed players, and would have cost maybe even more than Harvin. Vincent Jackson's DUI's and Brandon Marshall's constant issues suggest that there is very little off field debris they won't sort through, but the simple truth is San Diego wanted too much and was just using us to set a market, and Seattle met with Marshall but never made an offer for him that we know of(ignore the price Chicago paid, it was a weekend fire sale because Miami thought he had an impending legal issue that never materialized).

I was afraid Harvin would be too expensive, and that could very well prove to be true if the legion of boom loses players due to a lack of cap down the road. PeHawk called this an all or nothing move, he isn't wrong.

There are only two things that made this move acceptable to me, and one of them is being ignored by Wen as he tries to make people accountable for their words. First, we were bidding against San Francisco. I don't normally put too much stock in keeping players away from other teams, but in this case San Fran is so much more than a division rival, we are talking about two of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Harvin could be the difference between home playoff games and road games for us and them. The other thing? Harvin will make other phases of our offense better. Golden Tate very well might have his best year, and in fact he should. Contract year/defensive attention on Harvin should push him to new standards for yards and catches. Golden will see more single coverage this year than he ever has before.

I watched the San Fran/Minnesota game a few days back just to see what effect Harvin had on Vic Fangio's defense. The Vikes have shitty receivers, but they and Ponder had good days vs the Niners secondary, and did Rudolph. San Fran was more concerned with stopping Harvin than Peterson. No joke. Harvin still got his, and wrecked the Niners D in the process.

Still a gamble, though. A big one.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:Hey, we're all diehards here for the most part, so of course people are going to pick a side (human nature) and ultimately root for the team (being a diehard). All the Flynn/Wilson, Harvin debates are what makes it fun to be a fan and check out this site. There's a lot of people with a lot of different opinions but at the end of the day everyone just wants to see the Hawks win.

I have no problem with any of them.....just wish "I was wrong" was in the vocab of people.

Yep that's all I wanted to see. I understand this is a great place to voice our opinions and talk hawks, but how is it not entertaining to go back and look at what some people said pre Harvin trade.

NYCOug, I originally went back tot he thread to see what I had said pre Harvin wasnt even sure where I stood myself, then when I read some people's comments I had to post. But I dodn't think I made it to yours before I posted.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:04 am
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:Hey, we're all diehards here for the most part, so of course people are going to pick a side (human nature) and ultimately root for the team (being a diehard). All the Flynn/Wilson, Harvin debates are what makes it fun to be a fan and check out this site. There's a lot of people with a lot of different opinions but at the end of the day everyone just wants to see the Hawks win.

Yep that's all I wanted to see. I understand this is a great place to voice our opinions and talk hawks, but how is it not entertaining to go back and look at what some people said pre Harvin trade.

NYCOug, I originally went back tot he thread to see what I had said pre Harvin wasnt even sure where I stood myself, then when I read some people's comments I had to post. But I dodn't think I made it to yours before I posted.

Oh, no doubt it's entertaining. And yeah, it'd be nice to hear people say "I was wrong" (like I was about the Hawks getting Harvin), but generally most people in life have a hard time saying that phrase haha

And great post Scott (e), you said it better than I ever could.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 am
  • You are all crazy, no way we sign Harvin.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:Hard to tell you like him from the first 5 pages of this thread. What does it matter to me? Its the internet, with faceless people I will never meet.....doesn't matter to me, I am just pointing out the differences in commentary pre and post Harvin. Clearly it matters to you, reminds me of Flynn vs Wilson..... funny how the Flynn crowd went from hatting Wilson to being HUGE supporters.

Whatever bro.

READ my posts. I didn't think PC & JS were going to make the move and I gave the reasons why I didn't think they would do that. I NEVER said anything about not liking Harvin. Just because I like Golden Tate that somehow means I don't like Harvin?

It's people like you that made the Flynn/Wilson/TJ debate unbearable. Acting like you have to pick an allegiance and then stick with it or that it even matters a little bit what we think is going to happen. Who cares?? I'm a Seahawks fan and as I said from the start with every move they make, I'm behind it if they think it helps make the team better. So somebody who supported Flynn is supposed to not like Wilson now? FOH. That's not how it works. That's stupid. We're fans of the team and we support the players on the team. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about this deal. I already have. I didn't think it would happen and I had valid reasons why I didn't think it would happen. But it did and I'm glad it did. Why is that so hard to understand? I was also wrong about the Falcons game. I thought we were going to win it. You gonna call me out on that too? You want me to eat some crow for that?

And again, @ you and especially Wen. You take one sentence I said about not thinking Percy is that much better than or of the same skill level as Golden Tate and that somehow means I'm against getting Harvin? No. I don't think RW is that much better than Aaron Rogers, if at all, does that mean I don't like RW? FOH. If you can't acknowledge everything I said then don't acknowledge any of it, not if you're gonna call me out and try serve up crow.

Y'all can take your bullshit somewhere else. I'm gonna support the team they put on the field regardless.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 am
  • I was not, nor am I ever wrong.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:27 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    Seaman wrote:I bet on 16:1 odds that we got Percy Harvin this year in FA while at Vegas! and I bet $1000! Laughing my way to the bank @this thread :D Where's my bookie?! I want my $16,000!!!

Congrats, Man!! That's great!!

But c'mon with the 16-1 odds. We know better than that.

Largent80 got 16-1 odds on the Seahawks winning 8 or more games last year while everybody else in the world who made that bet had to pay -110 on the line and he cashed for a cool 16GRAND so you must have gotten something closer to 30-1...

Just used the rest to put down $8000 on my new car !!!!

Just picked it up Saturday........ :lol:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:36 am
  • Prius?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:36 am
  • We get it Zeb. You hate Harvin.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 am
  • Prius is for pussies, now get into your Outback.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Prius?

No. He got a pink miata.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Prius?

No. He got a pink miata.

You are jealous.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Prius is for pussies, now get into your Outback.

Yeah, but 'Outbacks' are for katoys.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 am
  • Probably bought Lofa's Hyundai
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:50 am

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:I say we trade him back then we can all be friends again

The unbelievers can just leave. All the harvin haters can blow Obo with there free time without .net. Ha
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information