Percy Harvin's Availaibility

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Percy Harvin's Availaibility
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:I prefer Tate and Baldwin than Harvin.

You're kidding me right?

Harvin is 24 and a legit Top 10 WR. This would be a MAJOR coup.

HOWEVER... Harvin wants to get paid, there in lies the issue. Can we afford to give a Percy Harvin a deal he wants, while paying the others?

I'd check Football Outsiders on this one. Harvin a Top 10 WR? We get more production out of Baldwin and Tate and they don't cost nearly has much as Harvin does.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 am
  • On the radio this morning they were speculating Harvin to New England, who would then let Wes Welker walk.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 am
  • In a perfect world Harvin would'nt cost so much to acquire and would be happily reunited with Rice in Seattle. The reality is that we have limited passing plays because we are a run-oriented team and in acquiring Harvin we will take plays away from Tate who is now just starting to blossom into his own. If Hawks acquire Harvin we'd not only shell out big bucks but we'd likely force feed him to keep him happy. He's a playmaker no doubt but we have many playmakers who don't make nearly half what Harvin demands.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 am

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 am
  • Don't forget that the Hawks pass less than 30 times a game. We are ranked near the bottom on pass attempts. Will we really get that much value out of him? Rice needs a solid backup. This the last year was the first in a while he has not missed a lot of time.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:Don't forget that the Hawks pass less than 30 times a game. We are ranked near the bottom on pass attempts. Will we really get that much value out of him? Rice needs a solid backup. This the last year was the first in a while he has not missed a lot of time.

The Vikings are one of the most run-heavy teams in the league and has still gotten enormous value out of him.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 am
  • But what does he do that Tate doesn't already do for us? Return kicks?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:But what does he do that Tate doesn't already do for us? Return kicks?

Eat up cap space?
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:07 pm
  • Wow... I con't believe poeple can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.

I am a proponent of adding another weapon on offense this off season and was focusing on a big 6'2+ WR to play on the outside and/or back up Rice if/when he gets injured again, and I also think an athletic pass catching TE that can split out wide would be great addition too.

We have an amazing young QB but only a slightly above average WR/TE group for him to throw too. The hawks need a WR that can get open and I don't think it's crazy to think Harvin could be top 5 in the league in getting seperation. He has the speed and quicks off a smaller player but is still 5'11 185lbs and plays bigger. Not many rookies come in and make imediate contributions. What 2nd rd WR can you guarentee will make an immediate impcat and force team to scheme for them. A plaer like Harvin will open up a whole lot for an offense liek ours. He can play any WR position, RB, and return kicks. He is a one of a kind player and to think we could get him for a 2nd makes me laugh. This is exactly the type of screwd move JS would make.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 pm
  • Oh and I'd be fine with Giving Harvin whatever Mike Wallace gets, Harvin is a better plaer and has much more versatility. Walllace has speed, but Harvin has speed, quicks, hands, and much more.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm
  • Harvin's a playmaker with an unflattering injury history. If PC & JS thought he was the guy to take us to the next level then I'd be totally stoked to bring him in at whatever price they think he's worth. But I doubt they do it and I honestly don't think that, as a WR, he's much better than Golden Tate, if at all. As a "flex" type player, sure, he adds a whole nother element. He's gonna want a lot of money, and he's probably gonna get it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm
  • mrblitz wrote:at this point, tate is better than harvin.

:shock: Harvin did more in 8 games then Tate did in 18 with a far better Qb. It can be argued that Harvin is the best all around player in the NFL the same cannot be said about Tate. I could name 25 guys better then Tate.

According to reports the problem with Harvin is to intense an takes football so serious that he blows up once in awhile when others don't take it as serious. Sounds like a guy I would want.
    Last edited by CPHawk on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Wow... I con't believe poeple can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.

Those 99% barely know our roster and only associate Tate with the Greenbay game. Many would likely say that Revis had a better season than Sherman.

Also, 83% of statistics are made up.

It's not just about which player is "better" than another. That, to me, is for Fantasy Football.
    You need to factor in offensive philosophy, injuries, cap space and team chemistry.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    mrblitz wrote:at this point, tate is better than harvin.

:shock: Harvin did more in 8 games then Tate did in 18 with a far better Qb. It can be argued that Harvin is the best all around player in the NFL the same cannot be said about Tate.

You're selling Tate short. Look at what he did when he did get the ball. He's a playmaker. He's probably not better than Percy Harvin but he's not much of a drop off talent-wise as a WR.

CPHawk wrote:According to reports the problem with Harvin is to intense an takes football so serious that he blows up once in awhile when others don't take it as serious. Sounds like a guy I would want.

He also has a pretty unfavorable injury history and is going to demand a pretty large contract. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, or that we won't, but I can see why we wouldn't if we don't. I will definitely not be mad about it either way.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 pm
  • I don't think Harvin makes a lot of sense for us. So far Golden Tate has been durable, so while you can claim Harvin is a bigger playmaker, it's a wash to me because of injury and migraine headache issues.

I whole-heartedly believe we need to add another receiver to the mix. I think Harvin would be a great add for any team, but the kind of receiver we need is a durable, sure-handed guy that fights for the ball and catches it every time. We basically need Anquan Boldin.

There is one factor to consider though - some speculate SF as a landing spot for Harvin. I don't know about you, but Kaepernik-to-Harvin isn't a matchup I want to have to face if I can help it.

If Harvin isn't really the kind of receiver we need, is he at least good enough to go after to also keep him from going to SF?
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 pm
  • I don't think it is at all obvious that Havin is a top 10 WR.

Probably better?
    - Calvin Johnson
    - AJ Green
    - Andre Johnson
    - Reggie Wayne
    - Larry Fitzgerald
    - Brandon Marshall
    - Roddy White
    - Vincent Jackson
    - Julio Jones
    - Wes Welker
    - Steve Smith
    - Victor Cruz

Similar level?
    - Mike Wallace
    - Dwayne Bowe
    - Demaryius Thomas
    - Randall Cobb
    - Jordy Nelson
    - DeSean Jackson
    - Marques Colston
    - Antonio Brown
    - Torrey Smith
    - Hakeem Nicks

If Harvin could stay healthy then he may be top 8, but as it is I don't see how you can consider him higher than 20 or so given the character and injury red flags.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 pm
  • To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.

To say he has injury issues is not a gross exaggeration. In fact it's extremely accurate. He has injury issues. He has migraines which, while not technically an "injury", have at times been debilitating for him. Again, not a reason to completely disregard the idea of bringing him in, but a red flag for sure.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.

To say he has injury issues is not a gross exaggeration. In fact it's extremely accurate. He has injury issues. He has migraines which, while not technically an "injury", have at times been debilitating for him. Again, not a reason to completely disregard the idea of bringing him in, but a red flag for sure.

Scotty Pippen won 6 titles with migraines.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:To say he has injury issues, is a gross over exaggeration. He has played 15, 14, 16 and 9 games in his 4 years in the NFL. He's only 24, and people who keep acting like Tate would be gone are just as crazy as those of you thinking Tate is better then Harvin. Tate can play outside just fine.

Scotty Pippen won 6 titles with migraines.

And TD won rushing title(s?) and Super Bowls with them.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:

Micheal Jordan won 6 titles while Scotty Pippin had migraines.

Fixed. :P
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm
  • How about we trade Flynn for Harvin but put a little "Poison Pill" in the deal to screw Minnesota over like they screwed us in the past.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm
  • Migraines frighten me....Harvin's in particular. As good as the kid has been, he's also proven to be a me first diva. Considering his flair for dramatics and pissy temperment, how do we know when he's having migraines or just having an un-provable pissy-fit? The best way to protect ourselves from having to ask that question is just pass on him. He's about to command huge money and with the rookie cap in place, I'd *sooner use our 1 on the next Harvin at a fraction of the cost / attitude.

* I do not want to use our 1 on a receiver but would prefer this route over Harvin. Chemistry and all that.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm
  • Harvin would be a MAJOR upgrade at WR. He is arguably the most electric and best YAC receiver in the NFL at this time. If Seattle doesn't want him because they think Golden Tate is the answer, they would be foolish.

I think WR is a very big need for Seattle, and hope they can bring in one of the big WRs available like Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, etc.

Watching the games closely, a major reason why RW has to scramble so much is because the WRs can not get separation. Sure, there are lots of times where he scrambled too early, or missed seeing the open receiver, but a big part of it was the receivers being blanketed.

This team does not have a true WR1 in the NFL who commands coverage and helps other receivers get open.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:50 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:Migraines frighten me....Harvin's in particular.

His migraines have been cured. When you take that into account for his games missed earlier in his career, then you mainly have the ankle injury from last year.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_183 ... ck_check=1
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:55 pm
  • Axx wrote:How about we trade Flynn for Harvin but put a little "Poison Pill" in the deal to screw Minnesota over like they screwed us in the past.

That's how we got Nate Burleson.

NFL also doesn't allow those type of Poison Pill clauses any longer.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm
  • Bus035 wrote:Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

Harvin only ran a 4.28 low at the combine. I dunno...????
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm
  • Rice, Tate, & Harvin...well maybe but I wouldn't give up Rice or Tate just to get Harvin. those guys are developing chemistry with our young QB. Heck Tate probably spent the weekend watching tape and running plays with Russell.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Rice, Tate, & Harvin...well maybe but I wouldn't give up Rice or Tate just to get Harvin. those guys are developing chemistry with our young QB. Heck Tate probably spent the weekend watching tape and running plays with Russell.

Do they still use "tape"?
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm
  • Call me crazy but my gut tells me there is a very good chance we make a trade for him, like 67% probable, Danny Kelly swayed me like 17%
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Rice, Tate, & Harvin...well maybe but I wouldn't give up Rice or Tate just to get Harvin. those guys are developing chemistry with our young QB. Heck Tate probably spent the weekend watching tape and running plays with Russell.

Im pretty sure no one in the FO of Minnesota would touch Rice. He was drafted and developed there, and then defected to Seattle for more dough.

They are in need for WR help. I would love flipping Baldwin & our 2nd rounder for Harvin. Or better yet, our 2nd and 4th rounder, and keep Baldwin as our #4 WR.

Injury concerns over Harvin are grossly over-exaggerated here, and way out of context. The last time Percy missed a game due to a migraine was 2010. He played all 16 games in 2011, and was on pace to play all 16 games last year until Wagner (I believe) tackled him and twisted his ankle in the process, pulling/tearing a few ligaments. That was the first known physical injury Harvin's actually missed a game because. Football is a rough sport, and people play injured all the time - Harvin included. He's one of the toughest, shiftiest, fastest receivers to play the game today. And he is just entering his prime.

Add in that Bevell was his OC in Minnesota, and our need for a dynamic "X factor" on offense to pair with Wilson, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more analysts pairing Harvin with the Seahawks in a potential trade. Seattle has more than enough depth on D and O to trade quantity (draft picks) for quality (Harvin).
    Reggie Dunlop
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:16 pm
  • HUGGY wrote:
    Bus035 wrote:Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

You mean a 4.41 right?
    Compared to Tate's 4.42?
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Looks like Tubby is talking to Paul Allen (the Minny broadcaster) about it so it is a legit idea. I don't like it... No way that kind of swap for Harvin, not in my realm.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm
  • Axx wrote:How about we trade Flynn for Harvin but put a little "Poison Pill" in the deal to screw Minnesota over like they screwed us in the past.

A "poison pill" in a trade would be retarded because the other team has to agree to it.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:58 pm
  • You can argue whether or not it's a good decision to acquire Harvin, but there is no way you can even consider Tate being in the same class as Harvin. Tate has always struggled with route running. Harvin is a RR professional. They have the same speed, but Harvin separates himself from defenders better than anyone in the league based on his route running and agility.

Also, think about the possibilities in the read option when we give Lynch a break? or bubble screens in the read option formation with lynch in the backfield and him in the slot?

PC/JS like game changers. Harvin certainly is that. Don't sleep on him.
    Watch the run at 1:34

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 pm

That makes no sense. Harvin isn't an RFA or a tagged UFA. And if he was, why would we throw in Flynn for nothing?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had).

And yet, Minnesota made the playoffs without him, and many would argue they played better after he was IR'ed for having a bad attitude. (They finished 5-2 after the Seahawks game.)
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had).

And yet, Minnesota made the playoffs without him, and many would argue they played better after he was IR'ed for having a bad attitude. (They finished 5-2 after the Seahawks game.)

Didn't hurt that Adrian Peterson rushed for over 1000 yards in those last seven games.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:In Harvin's defense, he got hurt BY US. Yep. Week 9. He was getting me mega points on my fantasy league until then. I said it then, that Harvin's loss was a bigger issue for Minn not making the playoffs. He is that valuable.(and yes, I know what a big year AP had).

Didn't hurt that Adrian Peterson rushed for over 1000 yards in those last seven games.

Of course not. Just skeptical of the thought that Harvin was a make or break player for Minny.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 pm
  • Seahawks.net .. where Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin are better than a 24 year old with 4x their production.

(Face palm)

If you want to say it's about money.. then yeah I get that.. we have a ton of talent we will have to start paying soon. But in regards to sheer talent.. this is a no brainer. Harvin is unbelievably gifted and athletic. In our offense he would be ridiculous. Imagine running read-option with Wilson/Lynch/Harvin in your backfield?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:

:34853_doh:

Or maybe... the whole league MVP willing them to that 5-2 record had something to do with it too.

Their passing game was virtually non-existant after that injury. Ponder only went over 200 yards TWICE.. the last coming in their biggest game of the year in Week 17.

Harvin is a game changer.. and that's why he's about to get paid
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 pm
  • If I'm a fan of the whiners, cards, or rams and I see the Seahawks pickup Percy Harvin before the draft even happens I'm not feeling good about it.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:An article on why it might not be such a great idea: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-argume ... to-seattle

Thanks for posting. Too bad it isn't in audio. Lota folks around here are so busy posting they don't have time to read.
    Harvin had an embarrassing tirade directed toward Frasier, disrespecting the coach during the season when Harvin was sidelined with an injured ankle.

Teammates were present, and Max was told that is when Harvin left the team and was put on injured reserve.

Sources say teammates were disappointed in Harvin’s actions and the organization has moved toward less tolerance for that behavior.

Harvin apparently had a similar incident when Childress coached the team.

:hmmmm: Think there might be a pattern there?

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also suffered many other issues including ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games).

:shock: Damn he makes Sidney Rice look like an Iron Man.
    Harvin also refused to run stadium steps with the rest of the team during offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, according to the Sporting News, and once allegedly threw wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales to the ground by his neck.

:34853_doh: Charming
    Harvin told strength and conditioning coaches while boycotting stadium runs, “this (expletive) ends now,”

:177692: He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.

P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:41 pm
  • IMO Harvin is definitely an upgrade and won't be a detriment to the chemistry of the team if acquired. Reuniting with Rice and having an future star QB in RW is enough to make him happy. He's a workout freak and an ultimate competitor/playmaker. Harvin wasn't happy when Minny let Rice come to Seattle after having built such a rapport. That Vikings-Hawks game added fuel to the fire as Minnesota looked to be spiraling toward a losing streak with an inconsistent Ponder. Meanwhile Seattle's future looked bright with RW. Without a real #2 wideout Minny expected featuring Harvin as a receiver, in the backfield with AD and occasionally as a returner. In Harvin's defense he played through some nagging injuries and was still atop the league in receptions when he was placed on IR. It seemed rather punitive when Minny decided so quickly to IR him. As for migraines, the only headaches he has now is from his second-year QB's inconsistency and from his head coach's questionable play decisions.
    Tate has Harvin's skillset but not quite on the same talent level. Give him a few more years with RW and Tate will likely be mentioned alongside Harvin as a receiver. Harvin was a freak in college but had the advantage of playing with Favre and Rice as a rookie. Percy would have NO problem learning Seattle's offense--he played in Bevell's offense before. Only negative would be cost of acquiring Harvin and the likelihoodr he takes receptions away from Tate and Rice. The plus is he can bring it to the house on any given play.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    HUGGY wrote:
    Bus035 wrote:Personally, I am a diehard Seahawk fan. As I know all of the rest of you are. How would you feel about a Flynn/3rd Round flip for Harvin/Joe Webb (very hypothetical)? Harvin is a game changer and we all know what the Vikings were able to accomplish with Favre, Harvin, and Rice. Furthermore, I am very intrigued by the possibility of Harvin, Rice, and Wilson working together. I believe Harvin would immensely improve our team. Also, I am a slight Golden Tate fan but I think he is an obvious "poor man's" version to Harvin, just my opinion. I would love others thoughts.............Thanks!

You mean a 4.41 right?
    Compared to Tate's 4.42?

No...I mean what I said. Apparently what I saw was an error or a trick but it was what I saw. My bad. The google search hit I saw isn't up now. Don't believe everything ya see on the internets. I try to only offer reliable facts but today's offering obviously was not.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Seahawks.net .. where Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin are better than a 24 year old with 4x their production.

(Face palm)

Seriously.... Harvin is on another level completely. This place is bonkers sometimes.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm
  • Question: If Harvin was such a headcase then why would Minny be so content to keep him until he told him he wanted out. If there is any question about his character why would Seattle read news articles when they could easily ask Bevell and Rice for insight? Harvin likely keeps in touch with Rice wouldn't you think?
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Tate has Harvin's skillset

Maybe by being a small shifty guy, but Harvin is a true burner. Tate is not that fast really.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm
  • LOL Harvin won't buy in ........ so how are you guys going to fit his monster contract into Seattle's structure and and write a contract it in such a way as to protect the team when things go wrong?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:05 pm
  • TJH wrote:
    Russ Willstrong wrote:Tate has Harvin's skillset

Maybe by being a small shifty guy, but Harvin is a true burner. Tate is not that fast really.

Rewatch the Hawks-Vikings and you'll see Tate was not just featured like Harvin but at times but made shiftier moves after the catch. Throughout the season Tate was our speedy receiver on bubble screens, end-arounds and occasionally in the backfield. Speed-wise Tate and Harvin aren't that far apart. Leaping for tall catches I'd say it's almost a toss up. IMO Harvin has more strength and toughness but has had more injuries due to more physical plays.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information