NFL.com's all-under 25 team

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
NFL.com's all-under 25 team
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 am
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... der25-team

3 Seahawks in there! 2 49ers, 1 Cardinal. I didn't see any one team with more than 3 guys in there (Bengals had three as well)!

Wilson remains a narrow choice over Luck, but you can't go wrong with either. Robert Griffin III's style of play causes durability qualms. Wilson's efficiency and leadership set the tone in Seattle.

He has a big mouth, but certainly backs it up. Sherman led the NFL with 24 passes defensed, while only allowing QBs to complete 45.7 percent of their passes against him. Great size, to boot.

Truth be told, the Seahawks' All-Pro safety might be a hair overrated. Yet, he makes clutch plays and has more of a track record than Minnesota's Harrison Smith and Denver's Rahim Moore.

Bobby Wagner got a mention too (even though Luke Kuechly got the spot).
    Go 'Hawks!
    red17hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: NFL.com's all-under 25 team
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 am
  • ET overrated? Please...
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am
  • Agreed. Quite frankly, the ET stuff kinda pisses me off. He is one of the few human beings on the planet who can play single high in the NFL. I don't think people (even NFL folks) realize how insanely difficult that is. It's not just about speed/range, but the ability to quickly diagnose and as we have seen with ET, the ability to bait a QB into a poor throw. His presence alone allows our defense to do so many things and IMO, really allows our CBs to thrive because they have that parachute in the back end.

BTW, that wasn't meant to be a shot at NFL people who clearly know more than me, but I think it's obvious that ET's value is directly tied with what he does to the 10 other positions on the field, not just stats/metrics. There's a reason that so many players in the league respect ET and are quick to point him out (especially opposing QBs).
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 am
  • Rahim Moore was considered? That ridiculous. I remember during the 2012 offseason that many of the "experts" said that Moore was awful as a rookie. He was benched after his 6th game. He must have improved greatly to be even considered. Then again he was the one who cost Denver the game against Baltimore. If anything he's vastly overrated.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:21 pm
  • It offends me that people think Kuechly is better than Bobby Wagner. Put the stat sheet down and look. Luke's stats are inflated because his shitty defense couldn't get off the field (and his shitty offense couldn't stay on it).
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 pm
  • Cartire wrote:ET overrated? Please...

He might be dinging Earl for all the dropped ints. Which, if that's true, then I'd say it's accurate. Earl dropped a LOT of would-be interceptions this year, even though he was absolutely stellar in every other aspect.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:It offends me that people think Kuechly is better than Bobby Wagner. Put the stat sheet down and look. Luke's stats are inflated because his shitty defense couldn't get off the field (and his shitty offense couldn't stay on it).

I would say those two shitties kind of cancel each other out.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Cartire wrote:ET overrated? Please...

He might be dinging Earl for all the dropped ints. Which, if that's true, then I'd say it's accurate. Earl dropped a LOT of would-be interceptions this year, even though he was absolutely stellar in every other aspect.

Yeah, well Earl is rated as the best safety in football - so a touch overrated means he is top-3 - which I can live with.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:37 pm
  • I am okay with those, but saying ET is overrated is a little weird.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 pm
  • Damn this team is stacked with youth. I cannot remember a year where the Seahawks had a team like this. EVER. For years, to make band-aids, the FO has brought in aging vets to fill holes only to have them be very short lived. Or paid top dollar to a player who didn't play or pan out. JS and PC have an awesome hit ratio when they draft.

Just think about these kids, in Holmy's system they would be special teams players. Guys here get drafted and they play.. WELL. I love that about PC, it took him three seasons to completely refresh a roster in which he found a lock QBOTF that gave immediate results. Most teams take so much longer to get that and by the time they do, some of those early draft picks are on the way out. Not here.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:56 pm
  • To me, the thing about ET is that he's one of those guys that QBs don't like to challenge. Much like shutdown corners, ET probably gets fewer opportunities than many safeties because the other teams just don't go there. His speed and ability to get from sideline to sideline is top notch.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 pm
  • Earl Thomas is not even overrated. He doesn't have flashy numbers but people try to avoid taking shots in his direction of the field, which happens to be pretty much the entire field. When someone does slip up he makes em pay. He won't put up flashy numbers like I said, but his mere presence alone makes our defense so much tougher.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 pm
  • We probably should of had 4 guys on that list. 5 if Okung was 5 months younger.
    DannyMcGwire
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Once someone mentions ET being overrated, I'm done reading the article, not worth my time.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm
  • No James Carpenter on that list?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:04 pm
  • But Heath Evans said "It's Andrew Luck...this guy literally has it all."
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 am
  • Kam Chancellor should have been on the list as well. Think the writers didnt want to put too may of one team on it.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Just read the linked article talking about which player you would take right now to found a team (meaning that age is a major consideration). Kind of blew me away that 3 people voted for Luck compared to just 1 (hestitant) vote apiece for Wilson and RG3. Luck might just be the NFL's most over-rated player. The guy that voted for Wilson wrote the article in the OP.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:It offends me that people think Kuechly is better than Bobby Wagner. Put the stat sheet down and look. Luke's stats are inflated because his shitty defense couldn't get off the field (and his shitty offense couldn't stay on it).

Well, Kuechly did have the most tackles in the NFL last year. They still count even if he was the one on his back, right?
    canfan
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information