NFL.com's all-under 25 team

red17hawk

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... der25-team

3 Seahawks in there! 2 49ers, 1 Cardinal. I didn't see any one team with more than 3 guys in there (Bengals had three as well)!

Wilson remains a narrow choice over Luck, but you can't go wrong with either. Robert Griffin III's style of play causes durability qualms. Wilson's efficiency and leadership set the tone in Seattle.

He has a big mouth, but certainly backs it up. Sherman led the NFL with 24 passes defensed, while only allowing QBs to complete 45.7 percent of their passes against him. Great size, to boot.

Truth be told, the Seahawks' All-Pro safety might be a hair overrated. Yet, he makes clutch plays and has more of a track record than Minnesota's Harrison Smith and Denver's Rahim Moore.

Bobby Wagner got a mention too (even though Luke Kuechly got the spot).

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Agreed. Quite frankly, the ET stuff kinda pisses me off. He is one of the few human beings on the planet who can play single high in the NFL. I don't think people (even NFL folks) realize how insanely difficult that is. It's not just about speed/range, but the ability to quickly diagnose and as we have seen with ET, the ability to bait a QB into a poor throw. His presence alone allows our defense to do so many things and IMO, really allows our CBs to thrive because they have that parachute in the back end.

BTW, that wasn't meant to be a shot at NFL people who clearly know more than me, but I think it's obvious that ET's value is directly tied with what he does to the 10 other positions on the field, not just stats/metrics. There's a reason that so many players in the league respect ET and are quick to point him out (especially opposing QBs).

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Rahim Moore was considered? That ridiculous. I remember during the 2012 offseason that many of the "experts" said that Moore was awful as a rookie. He was benched after his 6th game. He must have improved greatly to be even considered. Then again he was the one who cost Denver the game against Baltimore. If anything he's vastly overrated.

CANHawk

Reaction score
It offends me that people think Kuechly is better than Bobby Wagner. Put the stat sheet down and look. Luke's stats are inflated because his shitty defense couldn't get off the field (and his shitty offense couldn't stay on it).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":26kpn93r said:
ET overrated? Please...

He might be dinging Earl for all the dropped ints. Which, if that's true, then I'd say it's accurate. Earl dropped a LOT of would-be interceptions this year, even though he was absolutely stellar in every other aspect.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CANHawk":2yz07vo2 said:
It offends me that people think Kuechly is better than Bobby Wagner. Put the stat sheet down and look. Luke's stats are inflated because his shitty defense couldn't get off the field (and his shitty offense couldn't stay on it).
I would say those two shitties kind of cancel each other out.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":120emvgn said:
Cartire":120emvgn said:
ET overrated? Please...

He might be dinging Earl for all the dropped ints. Which, if that's true, then I'd say it's accurate. Earl dropped a LOT of would-be interceptions this year, even though he was absolutely stellar in every other aspect.

Yeah, well Earl is rated as the best safety in football - so a touch overrated means he is top-3 - which I can live with.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Damn this team is stacked with youth. I cannot remember a year where the Seahawks had a team like this. EVER. For years, to make band-aids, the FO has brought in aging vets to fill holes only to have them be very short lived. Or paid top dollar to a player who didn't play or pan out. JS and PC have an awesome hit ratio when they draft.

Just think about these kids, in Holmy's system they would be special teams players. Guys here get drafted and they play.. WELL. I love that about PC, it took him three seasons to completely refresh a roster in which he found a lock QBOTF that gave immediate results. Most teams take so much longer to get that and by the time they do, some of those early draft picks are on the way out. Not here.

sutz

Reaction score
To me, the thing about ET is that he's one of those guys that QBs don't like to challenge. Much like shutdown corners, ET probably gets fewer opportunities than many safeties because the other teams just don't go there. His speed and ability to get from sideline to sideline is top notch.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is not even overrated. He doesn't have flashy numbers but people try to avoid taking shots in his direction of the field, which happens to be pretty much the entire field. When someone does slip up he makes em pay. He won't put up flashy numbers like I said, but his mere presence alone makes our defense so much tougher.

DannyMcGwire

Reaction score
We probably should of had 4 guys on that list. 5 if Okung was 5 months younger.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
But Heath Evans said "It's Andrew Luck...this guy literally has it all."

Steve2222

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor should have been on the list as well. Think the writers didnt want to put too may of one team on it.

kearly

Reaction score
Just read the linked article talking about which player you would take right now to found a team (meaning that age is a major consideration). Kind of blew me away that 3 people voted for Luck compared to just 1 (hestitant) vote apiece for Wilson and RG3. Luck might just be the NFL's most over-rated player. The guy that voted for Wilson wrote the article in the OP.

canfan

Reaction score
CANHawk":20ve6eu6 said:

Well, Kuechly did have the most tackles in the NFL last year. They still count even if he was the one on his back, right?