Bobby Wagner on NFLN

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Bobby Wagner on NFLN
Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:01 am
  • aawolf wrote:I heard it on NFL radio, and I love Bobby, but he needs to work on his "you knows" that he says in between every sentance.

Come on now... guys only 22 years old, one of his first featured national tv appearances in prime time and with the realization that millions of eyes are gazing at him, it was obvious he was a tad nervous... What the f*** do you expect? A seasoned professional interviewee/public speaker right out of the box??

"Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 am
  • LawlessHawk wrote:
    aawolf wrote:I heard it on NFL radio, and I love Bobby, but he needs to work on his "you knows" that he says in between every sentance.

Come on now... guys only 22 years old, one of his first featured national tv appearances in prime time and with the realization that millions of eyes are gazing at him, it was obvious he was a tad nervous... What the f*** do you expect? A seasoned professional interviewee/public speaker right out of the box??

Shaun Alexander couldn't get the "you knows" under control even after 5 years in the league.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:43 am
  • aawolf wrote:I heard it on NFL radio, and I love Bobby, but he needs to work on his "you knows" that he says in between every sentance.

Uggh. Why does he "need" to? It's how he talks. We won't give you grief for spelling sentence wrong, so let Bobby have his "you knows".

:mrgreen:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 am
  • Nobody was worse than Shaun Alexander at "you know"s. It was almost as if he was trying to break a record every time he talked.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 am
  • I mean if we're gonna compare, and I mean NO disrespect to the best QB in the league, but I'd rather hold a conversation with B Wagz than Russell Wilson.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:37 am
  • Because before he said this.. The rest of the division didn't want to win the games against our team.. Good job Wagner, now the other teams in the division want a win!!!!!

Bulletin board material isn't needed for games.. No one is saying, now we really need to beat the Seahawks because Wagner said they were going to win the division..
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 am
  • I love that Bobby has no fear in him. This is an extremely confident team. Oh no the media guy is trying to get me to say something for the other teams to see, wait, I don't give a S+^*, yea man, I do believe we're a superbowl team because we're all extremely talented.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    aawolf wrote:I heard it on NFL radio, and I love Bobby, but he needs to work on his "you knows" that he says in between every sentance.

Uggh. Why does he "need" to? It's how he talks. We won't give you grief for spelling sentence wrong, so let Bobby have his "you knows".

:mrgreen:

as long as he's not saying the "you knows" like Rod Tidwell, who cares :mrgreen:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Never understood why players give other teams locker room material. He said something like we should be able to overtake the Niners next year. Someone please give him the players book of etiquette on how to answer loaded questions.

So you'd rather him say "I don't think we should be able to win the division"? :roll:

I've never understood why people give credence to the "locker room material" thing in the NFL. It's not like they need more motivation.

Exactly my thought. Thank you!
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 am
  • TJH wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Never understood why players give other teams locker room material. He said something like we should be able to overtake the Niners next year. Someone please give him the players book of etiquette on how to answer loaded questions.

So you'd rather him say "I don't think we should be able to win the division"? :roll:

You act like those are the only two options.

The other option is to dodge the question.. Honestly though, who cares what he says? Wagner was being himself, you have to respect him for that. He believes in this team. That's good to hear.

I doubt the 49ers are going to be sitting in the locker room come next season's first game against them, and one of their players will stand up and say,

"Remember when that fool Bobby Wagner was talking some SERIOUS S--T about us back in February?!"

Rest of team: "Yeah, I remember that! Oh hell no he didn't! This s--t just got real!"

Random Niner: "That's right! Before we had a rivalry, but now that Wagner be trash talking. S--t just got personal!"

The 49ers then end up beating the Seahawks 49-0. All because Bobby Wagner doesn't know how to answer questions.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 am
  • Sherman will give them all the material they can handle. Wagner's comments will be long forgotten once someone interviews Sherman and give him a good opportunity to comment on the 9rs. And, as long as it's funny and not too personal, most will love it.

I could see him playing those 2 games with temporary tattoos so he could kiss them after his pick 6s.
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I don't think that a player could say anything to fuel the Hawks/Niners rivalry. They get up to play the Niners and give them the business.

Wagner is nothing short of a stud, he is young, smart and very gifted physically. Watching him play on TV doesn't do it justice. I made a point of watching him specifically during the GB and SF games. He is taking on dudes constantly and appears to be very strong with wheels. Most impressive.

Again.. This team is as legit as one can get and they are just kids. Wagner is going to be a very big name by the end of the season next year.

One of the things which immediately stuck out to me was the fact that he could stand up to offensive guards blocking him without getting blown up at the point of attack. There are not many 4-3 MLBs who can handle a steady diet of offensive linemen hitting them.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 am
  • TJH wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:

You act like those are the only two options.

There is NOTHING that Wagner said that was inflammatory. He said he thinks Seattle can overtake them. That's not Locker Room material. If he's said-- The WHINNERS suck and were going to roll them this year, than that's a different story.

There's nothing wrong with showing (quiet) confidence in one's self and team.

I thought his comments were quite tame, bordering on boring.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information