Lol, Sherman wants us to get Woodson

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
Charles Woodson come to Seattle with the L.O.B and let's go after this ring!

cacksman

Reaction score
Can he still play slot? He can definitely be a 3rd safety and allow Kam to play closer to the line but won't be an everydown player with this team.

I imagine with Schneider's willingness to draft Barron last year, they can fit him in with this D however.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I doubt it will happen. Probably depends on whether he wants to take one more run at a ring or get one final payday. I'm guessing he wouldn't be getting a payday from Seattle.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He would cost way too much. His salary is going to be based a lot more on his legacy and name than his contributions moving forward.

cacksman

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet

Released DB Charles Woodson's agent Carl Poston: "He'd like to go play for a contender, win another Super Bowl. He caught that bug."

Sounds like winning is more important at this point.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If all he cares about is the ring, he might be willing to sign for HALF of what he could get elsewhere with us. I'd take him in a heartbeat for the nickel, if he thinks he can play it well. There's no way we're putting him in Browner's spot.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Woodson or Ed Reed improves our nickle defense . Either one of them can fill in for Thomas , even though it wouldnt be as good as Thomas. While Thomas moves to the slot.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
That would be awesome!!!! Thomas proved he could play slot at the ProBowl

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2ilez7e0 said:
Woodson or Ed Reed improves our nickle defense . Either one of them can fill in for Thomas , even though it wouldnt be as good as Thomas. While Thomas moves to the slot.

Ha! Nice job, catching my typo. For shame. I do know how to spell "nickle", but not in that post, apparently. >.<

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1mqbz7y5 said:
He would cost way too much. His salary is going to be based a lot more on his legacy and name than his contributions moving forward.

Two broken collarbones in 1.5 seasons, I'm not against signing him because he isn't good, I'm against signing him because his body is breaking down.

We have an injury-prone guy in our nickel defense, it's Thurmond.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Thurmond is more than injury PRONE, he is just straight up always injured. I'd be totally fine with picking up Woodson.

SirTed

Reaction score
I love Woodson. I'd be all over this. He's breaking down a bit, but I doubt he would sign for anything more than a 1-2 year deal.

His rough play style fits our profile as well. I'd LOVE to see him in Seahawk blue.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would love to add Woodson. Have him and Kam playing safety and move Earl to the slot on certain plays or move Charles down to the slot and go from there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'd trust JS/PC's judgment on this one whichever way they go. Doesn't seem like an area of need, but it wouldn't hurt to have a tested and cheap veteran for depth, situational coverage and just to give our young guys a breather. Of course, a lot of this is going to depend on what Woodson's expectations are regarding compensation and playing time. There are probably good teams out there that can offer him a bigger role with similar pay.

pehawk

Reaction score
I once got flamed for suggesting the Hawks sign him before Packers did.

I just love the dude. Highly unlikely, but he'd add versatility and a more veteran defensive leader.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
What a perfect signing this would be. Not just for his play on the field and making our stud secondary that much more versatile and dangerous. But think about how much he could teach our young guys about the game. Like Lawyer did with Kam and Earl. Sherman and Browner could be that much better with what Woodson could teach them.

Yes please!

lukerguy

Reaction score
Woodson looked terrible down the stretch. I wouldn't want him as more than a team leader/ situational player.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Nickel is correct. Nickle is not. Pass on Woodson, but George Wilson intrigues me

gmor

Reaction score
MrCarey":3c6m7qzk said:
Thurmond is more than injury PRONE, he is just straight up always injured. I'd be totally fine with picking up Woodson.

No doubt. If he's a bargain, he's an option.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2f0mmbud said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2f0mmbud said:

Ha! Nice job, catching my typo. For shame. I do know how to spell "nickle", but not in that post, apparently. >.<

LOL, thats funny but not my intention at all. I was just trying to avoid the "stop trying to change a pro bowlers postion" arguement.