Random acts of Seahawkness

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Last night I am perusing through the $5 DVD bin at a Walmart in Spokane when all of a sudden a large African American man randomly comes up to me and asks if I think the Seahawks will go to the Super Bowl next year. Without even thinking I responded with "well yeah and they are going to win it!" It was a surreal moment . I probably wear something Seahawky 75-80% of the time. Neither me or this complete stranger were wearing anything Seahawks. My wife said I must just ooze Seahawk vibes. Somebody out there is spreading random acts of Seahawkness! Keep it going! Go Hawks!

djb28

Reaction score
Well, If you are going to ooze something, It may as well be Seahawks related.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I was walking back to my car in Dell Rapids, South Dakota, and a lady steps out of her mini van and yells "Hey 12, is Russell going to win us a Super Bowl?" (I was wearing a Hawks 12 hat)

So I go talk to her for a minute, she fell in love with the Hawks when she was stationed at Anacortes a long time back. And yes, I ended our conversation with a Go Hawks.

The Radish

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1nsd03op said:
Last night I am perusing through the $5 DVD bin at a Walmart in Spokane when all of a sudden a large African American man randomly comes up to me and asks if I think the Seahawks will go to the Super Bowl next year. Without even thinking I responded with "well yeah and they are going to win it!" It was a surreal moment . I probably wear something Seahawky 75-80% of the time. Neither me or this complete stranger were wearing anything Seahawks. My wife said I must just ooze Seahawk vibes. Somebody out there is spreading random acts of Seahawkness! Keep it going! Go Hawks!

Nice to know I'm not the only old Hawks fan in Spokane.

Whenever I see Seahawks gear I almost always say "hey,,,nice hat/coat/shirt/whatever." Usually get to meet a fellow fan and get some interesting conversation.

:th2thumbs:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I live in Fresno and I've been stopped a bunch of times while wearing my leather Seahawks jacket. Nice to get the props in Whiner country!

two dog

Reaction score
The Radish":3qswi52y said:
oldhawkfan":3qswi52y said:

Whenever I see Seahawks gear I almost always say "hey,,,nice hat/coat/shirt/whatever." Usually get to meet a fellow fan and get some interesting conversation.

You do that too? That's all it takes, "nice hat, shirt" and you're off and talking.
I've never once had someone not respond.

I sure miss those days when my wife and I burned a week's vacation and attended
two-a-days in Cheney every day. took hundreds of photos and we loved the Seahawk
brunch by the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management.
Good days, long time gone.

The Radish

Reaction score
two dog":24e2iuxm said:
The Radish":24e2iuxm said:
oldhawkfan":24e2iuxm said:

You do that too? That's all it takes, "nice hat, shirt" and you're off and talking.
I've never once had someone not respond.

I sure miss those days when my wife and I burned a week's vacation and attended
two-a-days in Cheney every day. took hundreds of photos and we loved the Seahawk
brunch by the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management.
Good days, long time gone.

Just recently met a guy at the North Division Costco wearing one of the original light blue insulated coats from the mid late 70s. I was wearing my windbreaker that was the next one after with the darker color.

We talked so long both our wives got impatient with us. lol

:les:

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Scottemojo":15b3tjug said:
......I ended our conversation with a Go Hawks.

i have been doing the same thing to all 'hawk fans i converse with, and it is AWESOME !! (especially when they know what it all means because of Russ saying it)

just like everyone has said, when you meet Russ, (per players, coaches, and analysts) whether on the field, in the locker room, in an interview - he is infectious. His demeanor, attitude, work ethic and personality just makes everyone better... go 'Hawks