Seahawks 5 year recap by Sando

Greenhell

Reaction score
Blitzer88":xevjqrha said:
Stupid Aaron Curry..........that pick still grinds my gears.

Here ya go...
35152387.jpg

kidhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":260a21hv said:

Don't think of Curry as the wasted High draft pick, think of him as the pick that kept us from Having Sanchez instead of Russell Wilson

Jase

Reaction score
kidhawk":u3rb3een said:
Blitzer88":u3rb3een said:

Don't think of Curry as the wasted High draft pick, think of him as the pick that kept us from Having Sanchez instead of Russell Wilson

I like this line of thinking. Thank you, Aaron Curry. Thank you SO MUCH.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
kidhawk":1fddypb0 said:
Blitzer88":1fddypb0 said:

REVELATION

I can sleep easier at night now.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kidhawk":frnm6xal said:
Blitzer88":frnm6xal said:

Wow.......I needed that. Now I don't feel as bad. Thank you Kidhawk!

lukerguy

Reaction score
It's a life goal of mine to earn more income that Aaron Curry did while playing as a Seahawk. What's the figure?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3pzvpbbw said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/72664/draft-rewind-seahawks-five-year-recap

This line made me laugh:

"No rookie in the 36-year history of the organization has impacted the team as dramatically as Wilson did in 2012. That is a bold statement, but one that required about 30 seconds of verification."
I would absolutely agree with that statement if it concerns rookie QBs -- but if it concerns all rookies at other positions too, I would put Curt Warner on the same level. His impact was dramatic and immediate.

CDAHawksFan

Reaction score
Greenhell, who is your avatar hottie? My goodness. I'm a diehard Hawks fan but a pic like that can quickly turn my thoughts to other things..... Go Hawks.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
After reading whats posted here I can only shake my head on how that one pick may have completely changed the course of this team. WOW!

Greenhell

Reaction score
CDAHawksFan":3r00cpa5 said:
Greenhell, who is your avatar hottie? My goodness. I'm a diehard Hawks fan but a pic like that can quickly turn my thoughts to other things..... Go Hawks.

Wished I knew, nabbed the pic from the shack "8 hotties" thread. :D

aawolf

Reaction score
As a noob-fan of the Seahawks, I didn't have to live through the Curry debacle. I do remember thinking he was going to be an outstanding linebacker in the NFL when he was in college. He was one of those prospects that I loved--under-rated coming out of highschool, earned his respect on the field in college by being extraordinary (like Russel Wilson). I hate for you all to re-live the dissapointment, and I guess I could google it, but I'll ask you guys for the fan perspective of what the f.... happened that he became so irrelivant? Did he get injured? Did he have a family tradgedy and just give up? He was so great in college, as I recall. So, what happened?

Reaction score
aawolf":37mlsm82 said:
As a noob-fan of the Seahawks, I didn't have to live through the Curry debacle. I do remember thinking he was going to be an outstanding linebacker in the NFL when he was in college. He was one of those prospects that I loved--under-rated coming out of highschool, earned his respect on the field in college by being extraordinary (like Russel Wilson). I hate for you all to re-live the dissapointment, and I guess I could google it, but I'll ask you guys for the fan perspective of what the f.... happened that he became so irrelivant? Did he get injured? Did he have a family tradgedy and just give up? He was so great in college, as I recall. So, what happened?
I think what happened was the pro game was just too complex for him. At college he could just "out-athlete" people, and you can do that at the pro-level, but it is way more important to be in the right place at the right time. If your a step late in the pros, or un-sure, that's all the opponent needs, and you're effectively outta the play. I think the mental part of the pro-game just never "clicked" for him. Hope that helps.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aaron Curry had such a low football IQ. I still remember one game where he was standing over the center, and still jumped offsides. Unbelievable.

aawolf

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":xkgkt9hq said:
aawolf":xkgkt9hq said:
I think what happened was the pro game was just too complex for him. At college he could just "out-athlete" people, and you can do that at the pro-level, but it is way more important to be in the right place at the right time. If your a step late in the pros, or un-sure, that's all the opponent needs, and you're effectively outta the play. I think the mental part of the pro-game just never "clicked" for him. Hope that helps.
What a shame. I remember him dominating in college, and Grobe (WF coach), has always been great at getting the most out of his players. He fields a team of 2-star talent every year and exceeds expectations. I never thought Curry would fail because he didn't know enough or didn't try enough--his character seemed to be the best part about him as I recall. Maybe he got a bad head injury after college if he suddenly became stupid. What a shame of wasted talent. Its obviously not the Seahawks' fault as he only had one tackle on the year for the Raiders.