Seattle At Atlanta 1/13/2013

HUGGY

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... KstkNgFpMo

I have to confess.... I was running an errand/(my job) during most of the first half of the Atlanta game... so I missed it. I like most here believed the myth of the last 30 secs being our demise in that game.

I just love You Tube... It doesn't lie or make up lame excuses about how we lost the game in the last 30 seconds do to a poor pass rush.

Now that I actually saw the parts of the game I missed this evening I'm gonna go with the Marshawn Lynch fumble in the first qtr while we were driving with momentum on Atlanta's 40 as the real reason we lost the game. We were 1st down 15 yards from a certain field goal at the very least. Also the GREAT Russell Wilson's air game sucked in the first qtr. His passing choices and delivery of catchable balls was very "UnWilsonLike". There was one great run.

Nope ...it was lynch. His first qtr running and the fumble blew chunks. See for yourselves...as I provided the link.. you can mouse to the timeline ball and go over and over all the TRUTH!

Lynch was careless with the ball...AKA BeastMode choked when he should have been focused.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If you look hard enough you could find a 1000 reasons for each win and a 1000 reasons for each loss.

Ultimatly its the totality of everything in the game. But i'd say that Beast mode is the least of our problems.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
"I like most here believed the myth of the last 30 secs being our demise in that game."

What is this even supposed to mean...? That play was what it was. We were ahead by a point and the defense gave up two long plays that put them in field goal range. Sure, other negative plays earlier in the game didn't help, but what is the argument for the last two plays the defense gave up not screwing us over?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Lynch was hit in the nuts on that first quarter fumble... I don't know how that feels but I hear it can break your concentration.

In Lynch's case, I believe the blow made him believe he was playing in San Francisco. He then fumbled the ball to prevent being gang tackled without an athletic supporter for protection.

While the fumble certainly hurt during the game. It was hardly the key play. And you could hardly blame Lynch for believing that his reputation was in danger and protecting himself.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3tv3jjum said:
Get over it.

I don't need to "get over" anything.

You assume I'm complaining or whining in some abstract way.

You are wrong.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Seahawks. Miller, who had been clutch recently and probably big in the game plan, had to step off because of an injury early in the first half and Lynch fumbled the ball. Two fluke occurances gave Atlanta an advantage and they scored with the advantage.

What I am saying is that without these two fluke occurances we spank Atlanta.

I am not concerned about the Seattle defense. Ranked #1 in scoring which is the only stat that matters. I am not concerned about the Seattle offense with Wilson and Lynch and Turbin and Miller and Tate and Rice and on and on.

Hell...one could blame the 30 yard punt that Ryan goofed in the first qtr .. A rare "coug" on Ryan's part.

Even great teams can have bad days. We were not "beaten" by Atlanta. We were beaten by a string of bad luck in the first qtr. It happens..

Get over it.

I believe we will be undefeated in 2013 and in the playoffs and in the Super bowl.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2evrvvtt said:
"I like most here believed the myth of the last 30 secs being our demise in that game."

What is this even supposed to mean...? That play was what it was. We were ahead by a point and the defense gave up two long plays that put them in field goal range. Sure, other negative plays earlier in the game didn't help, but what is the argument for the last two plays the defense gave up not screwing us over?

What it is supposed to mean is that sh*t happens and at kickoff we were a much better team than the Falcons. All this talk about our D-line and this and that is lame. We have the soundest most explosive team in the NFL. 2013 is going to be a blast!

Enjoy!

BigMeach

Reaction score
Obviously turnovers hurt your team, they always will. But to point out this single turn over as the reason for the losing the game is ridiculous. Obviously it hurt us, but in no way was it the single reason we lost this game.

Get over it already, it's done.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What is with the obsession to tell people to "get over it?"
Um, everyone can get over it whenever they damn well feel like it.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
BigMeach":30baoqfu said:
Obviously turnovers hurt your team, they always will. But to point out this single turn over as the reason for the losing the game is ridiculous. Obviously it hurt us, but in no way was it the single reason we lost this game.

Get over it already, it's done.

Nothing to "get over". No need to revamp ANY part of the Seahawks. I don't give a rat sh*t about our pass rush. I was just pointing out that without a bit of bad fortune with Miller going out immediatly and a fumble and a lame punt we would have kicked Atlanta's azz starting in the first half.

BigMeach

Reaction score
You are blind if you think we don't need to get a better pass rush. And yes, you really do need to get over it. It's in the past, time to focus on the future.

JKent82

Reaction score
HUGGY":22o95z72 said:
Nope ...it was lynch. His first qtr running and the fumble blew chunks. See for yourselves...as I provided the link.. you can mouse to the timeline ball and go over and over all the TRUTH!

Lynch was careless with the ball...AKA BeastMode choked when he should have been focused.

Well something that I was reminded of by watching the last few drives that is that Marshawn had two key first down receptions on the last drive of the game.

What a painful but incredibly fun game that was. Man Russell is awesome.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Lady Talon":188gi4s8 said:
Lynch was hit in the nuts on that first quarter fumble... I don't know how that feels but I hear it can break your concentration.

As a male with at least two of those, I can attest it hurts like HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

tooshort

Reaction score
I was sitting second row at the 10 yardline on the visitors sideline near the endzone where we scored three times in the 4th quarter.

It was my 1st playoff away game ever and I'm pretty sure that we would've won if:

1.I had been louder
2. I hadn't been there
3. we had scored in that endzone one more time.
4. the Atlanta mascot wasn't wearing/humping a stuffed ostrich/male appendage/longnecked bird head looking thing with a Hasslebeck jersey on it (really it happened)

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
BigMeach":11e9ft0n said:
You are blind if you think we don't need to get a better pass rush. And yes, you really do need to get over it. It's in the past, time to focus on the future.

Who do you think you are?... Kreskin? :lol:

I am "over" the first 8 games of last season. I am "over" the Hasselbeck SuperBowl.

The Atlanta game was our last game. It's still worth looking at because it was our most recent game. Also we play Atlanta again this season. We will be revisiting that game a lot.

Get over yourself. I just saw some of the game for the first time last night. You seem a tad bossy. Never a good outcome on the internets...Sport.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I wonder if I say get over it again if you'll get it? lmao. Please sir, I'm still waiting to hear why we don't need to improve our pass rush.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Sorry . I just get angry when i think about Seattle at Atlanta 1/13/2013

but then i remember how bright our future is.