Seahawks 5 year recap by Sando

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks 5 year recap by Sando
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Seahawks 5 year recap by Sando
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am
  • Stupid Aaron Curry..........that pick still grinds my gears.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Stupid Aaron Curry..........that pick still grinds my gears.

Here ya go...
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Stupid Aaron Curry..........that pick still grinds my gears.

Don't think of Curry as the wasted High draft pick, think of him as the pick that kept us from Having Sanchez instead of Russell Wilson
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Stupid Aaron Curry..........that pick still grinds my gears.

Don't think of Curry as the wasted High draft pick, think of him as the pick that kept us from Having Sanchez instead of Russell Wilson

I like this line of thinking. Thank you, Aaron Curry. Thank you SO MUCH.
    Jase
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:

REVELATION

I can sleep easier at night now.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:08 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:

Wow.......I needed that. Now I don't feel as bad. Thank you Kidhawk!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 pm
  • It's a life goal of mine to earn more income that Aaron Curry did while playing as a Seahawk. What's the figure?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:25 pm
  • Ah, good ole lo-jack. What a bust he ended up for us at least. He's in Detroit now right?
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/72664/draft-rewind-seahawks-five-year-recap

This line made me laugh:

"No rookie in the 36-year history of the organization has impacted the team as dramatically as Wilson did in 2012. That is a bold statement, but one that required about 30 seconds of verification."

I would absolutely agree with that statement if it concerns rookie QBs -- but if it concerns all rookies at other positions too, I would put Curt Warner on the same level. His impact was dramatic and immediate.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 pm
  • Greenhell, who is your avatar hottie? My goodness. I'm a diehard Hawks fan but a pic like that can quickly turn my thoughts to other things..... Go Hawks.
    CDAHawksFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:34 pm
  • Oh yeah, good old Aaron Curry: "The safest pick in the draft"

Um.......... :?
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm
  • After reading whats posted here I can only shake my head on how that one pick may have completely changed the course of this team. WOW!
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm
  • CDAHawksFan wrote:Greenhell, who is your avatar hottie? My goodness. I'm a diehard Hawks fan but a pic like that can quickly turn my thoughts to other things..... Go Hawks.

Wished I knew, nabbed the pic from the shack "8 hotties" thread. :D
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm
  • I LOVED AARON CURRY...
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:08 am
  • Rocket wrote:I LOVED AARON CURRY...

Did you de-louse afterwards?
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 am
  • As a noob-fan of the Seahawks, I didn't have to live through the Curry debacle. I do remember thinking he was going to be an outstanding linebacker in the NFL when he was in college. He was one of those prospects that I loved--under-rated coming out of highschool, earned his respect on the field in college by being extraordinary (like Russel Wilson). I hate for you all to re-live the dissapointment, and I guess I could google it, but I'll ask you guys for the fan perspective of what the f.... happened that he became so irrelivant? Did he get injured? Did he have a family tradgedy and just give up? He was so great in college, as I recall. So, what happened?
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 am
  • aawolf wrote:As a noob-fan of the Seahawks, I didn't have to live through the Curry debacle. I do remember thinking he was going to be an outstanding linebacker in the NFL when he was in college. He was one of those prospects that I loved--under-rated coming out of highschool, earned his respect on the field in college by being extraordinary (like Russel Wilson). I hate for you all to re-live the dissapointment, and I guess I could google it, but I'll ask you guys for the fan perspective of what the f.... happened that he became so irrelivant? Did he get injured? Did he have a family tradgedy and just give up? He was so great in college, as I recall. So, what happened?

I think what happened was the pro game was just too complex for him. At college he could just "out-athlete" people, and you can do that at the pro-level, but it is way more important to be in the right place at the right time. If your a step late in the pros, or un-sure, that's all the opponent needs, and you're effectively outta the play. I think the mental part of the pro-game just never "clicked" for him. Hope that helps.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 am
  • Aaron Curry had such a low football IQ. I still remember one game where he was standing over the center, and still jumped offsides. Unbelievable.
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am
  • MissoulaHawkFan wrote:
    aawolf wrote:As a noob-fan of the Seahawks, I didn't have to live through the Curry debacle. I do remember thinking he was going to be an outstanding linebacker in the NFL when he was in college. He was one of those prospects that I loved--under-rated coming out of highschool, earned his respect on the field in college by being extraordinary (like Russel Wilson). I hate for you all to re-live the dissapointment, and I guess I could google it, but I'll ask you guys for the fan perspective of what the f.... happened that he became so irrelivant? Did he get injured? Did he have a family tradgedy and just give up? He was so great in college, as I recall. So, what happened?

I think what happened was the pro game was just too complex for him. At college he could just "out-athlete" people, and you can do that at the pro-level, but it is way more important to be in the right place at the right time. If your a step late in the pros, or un-sure, that's all the opponent needs, and you're effectively outta the play. I think the mental part of the pro-game just never "clicked" for him. Hope that helps.

What a shame. I remember him dominating in college, and Grobe (WF coach), has always been great at getting the most out of his players. He fields a team of 2-star talent every year and exceeds expectations. I never thought Curry would fail because he didn't know enough or didn't try enough--his character seemed to be the best part about him as I recall. Maybe he got a bad head injury after college if he suddenly became stupid. What a shame of wasted talent. Its obviously not the Seahawks' fault as he only had one tackle on the year for the Raiders.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 am
  • Well, just because the pro-level was to tough for him doesn't mean he's stupid. The nfl is tough. The x and o's and the mental part of the pro-game is on a higher level than the collegiate one. He just couldn't make the adjustment.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm
  • CDAHawksFan wrote:Greenhell, who is your avatar hottie? My goodness. I'm a diehard Hawks fan but a pic like that can quickly turn my thoughts to other things..... Go Hawks.

Like 12 year olds with gigantic tits?
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 pm
  • I remember in that draft, the main person i wanted the Hawks to draft was Crabtree, and then later Mike Wallace...
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:

Seahawks.net motivational speaker of the year award!
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 pm
  • morgulon1 wrote:
    CDAHawksFan wrote:Greenhell, who is your avatar hottie? My goodness. I'm a diehard Hawks fan but a pic like that can quickly turn my thoughts to other things..... Go Hawks.

Like 12 year olds with gigantic tits?

Hah... she's definitely not 12 years old. Check out the Hottest Women thread in the Smack Shack for more photos.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 pm
  • One of the guys at Field Gulls ended up just referring to Curry as "Bull In China Shop", which was perfect. His effort was always outstanding, but he was out of control and just didn't have the instincts to be a great player. You run play action, he's biting on it. You run a counter, he's biting on it. You snap it on two instead of one, he's jumping.

I remember Wake had quite a few guys drafted that year and none of them turned out. Further cements the coaching ability of the guy down there.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 am
  • I remember that first game against the Rams, where Curry was all over the place. He made a hit on SJax and started talking. I actually kind of liked it, but a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Then there was the Tea-Bagging of Alex Smith in Carroll's first game as coach. Great stuff and I would draft Curry again if it meant not getting Sanchez.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm
  • I recall watching the hawks scrimmage at husky stadium during petes first year.... I remember watching curry during warm ups and noticing that he was watching the airplanes fly around.... it wasnt a big deal but it made me think he just didn't have his head in the game. It didnt seem that significant of an observation but he just seemed aloof and not focused. Definitely not a Russell Wilson type.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information