How many wins?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
How many wins is Russell Wilson worth? You often hear that certain players are worth x amount of wins to a team. In the 2 years of PC/JS regime prior to RW's arrival the team went 7-9 and 7-9. With RW behind center the team went 11-5. Does this mean that his play alone is good for 4 wins a year? I wouls venture to guess that his win value to the team is much higher. Somewhere in the 5-6 range. He is certainly the type of player who can put a team on his back and practically will them to a win. With TJ or Flynn would the team have won 11 games or even equaled the previous 7-9 record. One could argue that TJ was good for 2-3 losses. Flynn is unknown.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle's estimated wins number (football outsiders) jumped from 8 to 13 this past season. There was a lot more going on than just Wilson (defense, skill positions, O-line, Lynch, etc), but based on that I'd say Wilson is probably worth somewhere between 3 or 4 wins over T-Jack.

The reason the number isn't even higher is because Seattle was already a pretty good team.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Cool thread... if you consider that T-Jack didn't help us win any close games, one might expect Russell would come through there; that's what happened in 2012. The close games that we lost could be laid more on the D late in the game, and the early games in the season were with Russell being limited/handicapped/held back.

I'd say 4 games, but if he improves, that number will rise. I'm not sure how D-coordinators game-plan for him...

Improving on an 11-5 season (where all our losses were within one TD) is an exciting prospect!

Axx

Reaction score
considering the fact that Wilson also won the game vs Arizona, Vs Detroit, vs Miami and Vs Atlanta but our defense found a way to choke(arizona our WRs choked). Only games i pin wilson on was @49ers and @St. Louis other than that he was always done his part, Even win Marshawn doesnt show up like VS Patriots.

tubbs51

Reaction score
In my opinion with Russell we can win every damned game. So i say 24. Thats including preseason and some how with a 16 and 0 Record Wilson will still find a way to win the Wildcard game.

HUGGY

Reaction score
What you have to ask yourself...in all honesty... Is there any team in the NFL you believe we cannot beat with Fist name Russell last name Wilson taking snaps????

I'm all in.... RW undefeated till the wheels come off. Who knows??? A bus?? A car wreck?? It won't happen on a football field.

I'm gonna go with what I know. Wilson was BY FAR the best QB in the NFL in the last 6 reg season games.

first name RUSSELL last name WILSON

first name RUSSELL last name WILSON

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Hes worth 2-4 Superbowl wins if we keep the team loaded and in position to help him do it. Regular season wins are moot for me, as long as we make a wildcard or better. The most important skill of RW we'll see over the years, is his ability to squeak out a win in the 4th quarter out of what would have been a sure defeat.

Not many QBs with that ability. Handful in every generation, and rare in their early NFL career.

Rainger

Reaction score
Well actually I don't think last year was a 7 and 9 record in other than that is what it ended as. I truly believe that the hawks second season under PC/JS was a 9 and 7 record masquerading as a 7 -9 season.

So in my opinion the hawks have improved 2 games each season since the new regime.

Now to the question at hand. I actually think this season was a 12 and 4 maybe 13 and 3 season. Like the previous season there were a couple of losses that I think did not reflect the team.

So to me RW was at least 3 to 4 games better but I think if the coaches knew what they had in RW and were not so conservative early, he was actually 5 to 6 games better than the previous season.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
rainger":22gbr33i said:
Well actually I don't think last year was a 7 and 9 record in other than that is what it ended as. I truly believe that the hawks second season under PC/JS was a 9 and 7 record masquerading as a 7 -9 season.

So in my opinion the hawks have improved 2 games each season since the new regime.

Now to the question at hand. I actually think this season was a 12 and 4 maybe 13 and 3 season. Like the previous season there were a couple of losses that I think did not reflect the team.

So to me RW was at least 3 to 4 games better but I think if the coaches knew what they had in RW and were not so conservative early, he was actually 5 to 6 games better than the previous season.

I'm sorry but go back and look. The records for the past 3 years are 7-9, 7-9, 11-5. As much as you may believe otherwise the records are what they are.