Flynn Trade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
One team that hasn't been mentioned for Flynn to be traded to...the Vikings. Think about it Ponder is injury/inept prone....and then two words...Joe Webb. I think this is very plausable. Thoughts?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I think you are reaching pretty badly IMHO.

Vikings fans are content with Ponder and want to see improvement in year 3. None of them are demanding a trade for an ex packers back up who has proven very little.

Hardly anybody wanted Flynn last off season and that very may well be the case this season.

we just have to live with that.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
their picks are pretty close to ours, we couldn't swap picks and upgrade for much better draft picks. they have the 5th pick of the 4th...

What are we trading for? Percy Harvin? Kyle Rudolph?

pinksheets

Reaction score
The fact that Viking fans are for Ponder and even defend that horrible draft selection is insane.

The fact that Viking coaches have expressed that Ponder will face no competition this offseason is even more insane.

But it is what it is. The Vikes aren't looking for a QB, not until next year.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":2qs8rxmg said:
Again two words Joe Webb!

Two more words: so what? The Vikings certainly need to upgrade their backup QB position but there are cheaper options out there than Flynn, and if they are truly committed to Ponder next year they're not going to pay Flynn a few million AND give up a draft pick to bring him in just to warm the bench.

Spokane

Reaction score
Two more words...Keep Flynn. Starting QBs go down every week! How nice would it be to expect to win with the back up in? We don't know, we have never been there (maybe last year)

aawolf

Reaction score
I thought that Flynn would be a perfect fit in Andy Reid's pass-happy offense that he will carry to KC, but he chose Alex Smith over Flynn. WTF? I don't see Smith throwing 40 times per game.

Spokane

Reaction score
Decimation":ia194tln said:
SPOHAWK":ia194tln said:
Did you see that vikings playoff game? He was turrible.

I had a friend at that game, I guess it got so bad they were calling him "Jew Webb"

They need a real back up, not a runner.

Giblien

Reaction score
aawolf":r9z832n9 said:
I thought that Flynn would be a perfect fit in Andy Reid's pass-happy offense that he will carry to KC, but he chose Alex Smith over Flynn. WTF? I don't see Smith throwing 40 times per game.

My guess is that the KC FO HAD to have spoken with the Hawks about Flynn, but weren't willing to pony up. I know they paid a lot for Alex Smith, but maybe that tells us how much MORE Seattle wanted for Flynn.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Imo, the only opportunity to trade Flynn either before, or on, draft day is to either the Jets or the Jags.

If that doesn't happen, the only other opportunity is to a team whose starting QB goes down with a serious injury early in the season.

If neither happens, imo, he stays a Hawk through 2013, which is okay by me. The insurance policy premium isn't onerous and Flynn seems professional enough to not be a distraction if such a trade is not made. I believe that the Hawks are trying to accommodate him but if the market is not there, it's just not there... and it makes absolutely no sense to cut him.

djb28

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1pu5w273 said:
I think you are reaching pretty badly IMHO.

Vikings fans are content with Ponder and want to see improvement in year 3. None of them are demanding a trade for an ex packers back up who has proven very little.

Hardly anybody wanted Flynn last off season and that very may well be the case this season.

we just have to live with that.
Geez. I know 3 Viking fans and they can't stand Ponder. The other 5 must love him! lol

aawolf

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2leywese said:
Imo, the only opportunity to trade Flynn either before, or on, draft day is to either the Jets or the Jags.

If that doesn't happen, the only other opportunity is to a team whose starting QB goes down with a serious injury early in the season.

If neither happens, imo, he stays a Hawk through 2013, which is okay by me. The insurance policy premium isn't onerous and Flynn seems professional enough to not be a distraction if such a trade is not made. I believe that the Hawks are trying to accommodate him but if the market is not there, it's just not there... and it makes absolutely no sense to cut him.
The Jets don't seem to have the cap room to do anything this offseason unless they unload some players. Jacksonville is a good thought. Cleveland should be in the Flynn Sweepstakes as well.

hawker84

Reaction score
OMG can we just get to the draft and FA already.. can't take any more speculation.. i'm like the little kid in the back seat..

are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?

when are we gonna be there?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Spokane":2yr1wu7d said:
Decimation":2yr1wu7d said:
SPOHAWK":2yr1wu7d said:

I had a friend at that game, I guess it got so bad they were calling him "Jew Webb"

I dont get it...

McGruff

Reaction score
Spokane":1ot4o51w said:
Decimation":1ot4o51w said:
SPOHAWK":1ot4o51w said:

That says a lot more about fan classlessness than it does about player performance.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawker84":3cobk96d said:
OMG can we just get to the draft and FA already.. can't take any more speculation.. i'm like the little kid in the back seat..

are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?

when are we gonna be there?

Don't make me reach back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.