Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
DeionSanders‏@DeionSanders
I won't EVER apologize for my Confidence because it Offended your Insecurity. Truth

Retweeted by Richard Sherman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 1111
DavidSeven wrote:
DeionSanders‏@DeionSanders
I won't EVER apologize for my Confidence because it Offended your Insecurity. Truth

Retweeted by Richard Sherman


haha, Nice.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 990
Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA
Dick is genious. A degree in Communications (appropriate) from Stanford. Is he really going to give a rats arse what anyone thinks of him 15 or 20 years from now from atop his pile of cash...?? I wouldn't.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8674
Location: Is Everything
McGruff wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
BlueTalons wrote:
[quote="Tical21"]Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.

Gary did do some of his talk off the court. IMHO, Gary did not have as big a stage that is there today with dozens of sports shows, the Internet, and social media. The other thing about "trash talking"...the media LOVES it! It gives them something to talk about.

(On a side note, I found this quote funny from this NBA article:)
Quote:
In Seattle, Gary Payton was in perpetual danger of suffering a sprained jaw and larynx, sometimes jabbering even as he drove to the basket. Payton was so verbally inclined that he even trashed his own teammates, referring, for instance, to Sonics center Ervin Johnson as "Tragic Johnson."

I don't think Sherm would ever trash a teammate.



He trashed Kam.


Overstatement.

The only people getting offended at this are latte-sipping, pot smoking fans who think the player represent them.[/quote]

What did I overstate exactly?

Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:36 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2271
Quote:
He trashed Kam.


Quote:
What did I overstate exactly?Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.


What exactly did Sherm say that "trashed" Kam? If by telling the truth in a subtle fashion was talking trash than I guess your right. :roll: He never came out and Said Kam Jacked up on that play. I completley disagree with your assessment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
McGruff wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
[quote="BlueTalons"][quote="Tical21"]Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.

Gary did do some of his talk off the court. IMHO, Gary did not have as big a stage that is there today with dozens of sports shows, the Internet, and social media. The other thing about "trash talking"...the media LOVES it! It gives them something to talk about.

(On a side note, I found this quote funny from this NBA article:)
Quote:
In Seattle, Gary Payton was in perpetual danger of suffering a sprained jaw and larynx, sometimes jabbering even as he drove to the basket. Payton was so verbally inclined that he even trashed his own teammates, referring, for instance, to Sonics center Ervin Johnson as "Tragic Johnson."

I don't think Sherm would ever trash a teammate.



He trashed Kam.


Overstatement.

The only people getting offended at this are latte-sipping, pot smoking fans who think the player represent them.[/quote]

What did I overstate exactly?

Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.[/quote]
No wonder Kam doesn't like Sherman. I mean, you ever see them hanging out in the off-season or anything like that?

Image

Oh wait!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 990
Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA
-The Glove- wrote:
No wonder Kam doesn't like Sherman. I mean, you ever see them hanging out in the off-season or anything like that?

Image

Oh wait!


Come'on, you can see it Kam's eyes. He just waitin' for Sherm to look the other way so he can cold-cock him...

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:50 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm
Posts: 288
Hawk Fans...

When it comes to extending Sherman and/or Thomas, which one do you keep? Obviously you'll give a big deal to Wilson and Okung, and Harvin's contact is already on the books.

per Mike Sando, ESPN
Quote:
Think they could, but would bet against it. I'd bet on them re-signing Earl Thomas. I wonder whether they'll re-sign Richard Sherman.


The Niners have a similar issue with Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Iupati. We'll be able to keep 2, maybe 3, but if we do keep 3 it'll mean we lose Justin Smith, Bowman, or Vernon Davis.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
NinerBuff wrote:
Hawk Fans...

When it comes to extending Sherman and/or Thomas, which one do you keep? Obviously you'll give a big deal to Wilson and Okung, and Harvin's contact is already on the books.

per Mike Sando, ESPN
Quote:
Think they could, but would bet against it. I'd bet on them re-signing Earl Thomas. I wonder whether they'll re-sign Richard Sherman.


The Niners have a similar issue with Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Iupati. We'll be able to keep 2, maybe 3, but if we do keep 3 it'll mean we lose Justin Smith, Bowman, or Vernon Davis.


Tough call. If you can only have one, Thomas is still the least replaceable currently. I take Thomas.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8674
Location: Is Everything
-The Glove- wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
McGruff wrote:
[quote="CALIHAWK1"][quote="BlueTalons"][quote="Tical21"]Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.

Gary did do some of his talk off the court. IMHO, Gary did not have as big a stage that is there today with dozens of sports shows, the Internet, and social media. The other thing about "trash talking"...the media LOVES it! It gives them something to talk about.

(On a side note, I found this quote funny from this NBA article:)
Quote:
In Seattle, Gary Payton was in perpetual danger of suffering a sprained jaw and larynx, sometimes jabbering even as he drove to the basket. Payton was so verbally inclined that he even trashed his own teammates, referring, for instance, to Sonics center Ervin Johnson as "Tragic Johnson."

I don't think Sherm would ever trash a teammate.



He trashed Kam.


Overstatement.

The only people getting offended at this are latte-sipping, pot smoking fans who think the player represent them.[/quote]

What did I overstate exactly?

Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.[/quote]
No wonder Kam doesn't like Sherman. I mean, you ever see them hanging out in the off-season or anything like that?

Image

Oh wait![/quote]


I never said they didn't like one another. I said Sherm trasjed Kam which is true. Never said anything other than that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2359
"...Oh, presentable a vegetable...oh dig, dig, dig it yeah!"

Supertramp, off Crime of the Century album for you youngsters.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobcatHawk, Canhawks, Dannyboy, dbmack, EmbattleTheeHawks, Google [Bot], Largefarva and 52 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.