Richard Sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Richard Sherman
Tue May 14, 2013 12:52 pm
  • DeionSanders‏@DeionSanders
    I won't EVER apologize for my Confidence because it Offended your Insecurity. Truth

Retweeted by Richard Sherman
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:DeionSanders‏@DeionSanders
    I won't EVER apologize for my Confidence because it Offended your Insecurity. Truth

Retweeted by Richard Sherman

haha, Nice.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Dick is genious. A degree in Communications (appropriate) from Stanford. Is he really going to give a rats arse what anyone thinks of him 15 or 20 years from now from atop his pile of cash...?? I wouldn't.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm
  • McGruff wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    BlueTalons wrote:[quote="Tical21"]Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.

Gary did do some of his talk off the court. IMHO, Gary did not have as big a stage that is there today with dozens of sports shows, the Internet, and social media. The other thing about "trash talking"...the media LOVES it! It gives them something to talk about.

(On a side note, I found this quote funny from this NBA article:)
    In Seattle, Gary Payton was in perpetual danger of suffering a sprained jaw and larynx, sometimes jabbering even as he drove to the basket. Payton was so verbally inclined that he even trashed his own teammates, referring, for instance, to Sonics center Ervin Johnson as "Tragic Johnson."

I don't think Sherm would ever trash a teammate.

He trashed Kam.

Overstatement.

The only people getting offended at this are latte-sipping, pot smoking fans who think the player represent them.[/quote]

What did I overstate exactly?

Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue May 14, 2013 3:36 pm
  • He trashed Kam.

What did I overstate exactly?Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.

What exactly did Sherm say that "trashed" Kam? If by telling the truth in a subtle fashion was talking trash than I guess your right. :roll: He never came out and Said Kam Jacked up on that play. I completley disagree with your assessment.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    McGruff wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:[quote="BlueTalons"][quote="Tical21"]Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.

Gary did do some of his talk off the court. IMHO, Gary did not have as big a stage that is there today with dozens of sports shows, the Internet, and social media. The other thing about "trash talking"...the media LOVES it! It gives them something to talk about.

In Seattle, Gary Payton was in perpetual danger of suffering a sprained jaw and larynx, sometimes jabbering even as he drove to the basket. Payton was so verbally inclined that he even trashed his own teammates, referring, for instance, to Sonics center Ervin Johnson as "Tragic Johnson."

He trashed Kam.

Overstatement.

The only people getting offended at this are latte-sipping, pot smoking fans who think the player represent them.[/quote]

Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.[/quote]
    No wonder Kam doesn't like Sherman. I mean, you ever see them hanging out in the off-season or anything like that?

Oh wait!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:No wonder Kam doesn't like Sherman. I mean, you ever see them hanging out in the off-season or anything like that?

Oh wait!

Come'on, you can see it Kam's eyes. He just waitin' for Sherm to look the other way so he can cold-cock him...
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 2:50 pm
  • Hawk Fans...

When it comes to extending Sherman and/or Thomas, which one do you keep? Obviously you'll give a big deal to Wilson and Okung, and Harvin's contact is already on the books.

per Mike Sando, ESPN
    Think they could, but would bet against it. I'd bet on them re-signing Earl Thomas. I wonder whether they'll re-sign Richard Sherman.

The Niners have a similar issue with Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Iupati. We'll be able to keep 2, maybe 3, but if we do keep 3 it'll mean we lose Justin Smith, Bowman, or Vernon Davis.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:Hawk Fans...

When it comes to extending Sherman and/or Thomas, which one do you keep? Obviously you'll give a big deal to Wilson and Okung, and Harvin's contact is already on the books.

per Mike Sando, ESPN
    Think they could, but would bet against it. I'd bet on them re-signing Earl Thomas. I wonder whether they'll re-sign Richard Sherman.

The Niners have a similar issue with Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Iupati. We'll be able to keep 2, maybe 3, but if we do keep 3 it'll mean we lose Justin Smith, Bowman, or Vernon Davis.

Tough call. If you can only have one, Thomas is still the least replaceable currently. I take Thomas.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    McGruff wrote:[quote="CALIHAWK1"][quote="BlueTalons"][quote="Tical21"]Don't even start to compare Sherm to the glove. Talking trash during the game to get in a players head is one thing. The intent is to disrupt and get a player or team off of their game. It was a huge part of my game personally as well. But there is a huge difference between trash talking and taunting. Sherman's antics are more TO than they are Payton/Jordan/Sanders. It is bush and, frankly, embarrassing.

He trashed Kam.

Overstatement.

Swing and miss at attempted smack. Thats bush league smack.[/quote]
    No wonder Kam doesn't like Sherman. I mean, you ever see them hanging out in the off-season or anything like that?

Oh wait![/quote]

I never said they didn't like one another. I said Sherm trasjed Kam which is true. Never said anything other than that.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun May 19, 2013 4:35 am
  • "...Oh, presentable a vegetable...oh dig, dig, dig it yeah!"

Supertramp, off Crime of the Century album for you youngsters.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information