Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Seahawks @Houston Roadtrippin'
Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Yo!

    For those of you traveling to Texas for the game make sure you tell your credit card company that you are going. Texas is a state that is so full of fraud that my bank won't allow my card to be used down there unless I notify them of the dates I'll be there.

    I wanna make sure you guys have the funds to buy Leif and I a beer with your cards.


    Wow, you bought that story from the bank.

    Sounds like they know your personal history.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4148
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:51 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Yo!

    For those of you traveling to Texas for the game make sure you tell your credit card company that you are going. Texas is a state that is so full of fraud that my bank won't allow my card to be used down there unless I notify them of the dates I'll be there.

    I wanna make sure you guys have the funds to buy Leif and I a beer with your cards.


    Wow, you bought that story from the bank.

    Sounds like they know your personal history.


    I have excellent credit.

    What they know is the here and now of your wonderful state.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9431
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    I have excellent credit.

    What they know is the here and now of your wonderful state.


    And why is your bank the only one I have ever heard doing this?

    Virtually any bank allows credit cards to be used worldwide.

    Do they also not allow you to use the card in Mexico or other countries?
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4148
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:50 am
  • OK, so I just had a conversation with my landlord (and ticket-benefactor) before he jumped in his Corvette to head to the airport for a week in the Virgin Islands... (bastage)

    A Texans season ticket holder who has a tailgating spot closest to the stadium doors, he always has several overflowing coolers, awesome barbeque, and bloody-marys galore, going on before the game. Not the loudest or drunkest group (or the one with the most scantily-clad guests), but he's got the DirecTV dish set-up and a big-screen going on under the tent. A nice showing of adults, supporting their team with drink in hand, and very respectful opposing-teams fans. For those not aware, Texans tailgating is epic on all levels.

    So here's the deal:
    He's going to bring out an extra party tent so we can have a gathering spot for our group before the game starts in prime real estate. The food will need to be worked out and he said we will need to get a pass to occupy a neighboring spot to theirs, but he is totally on-board to helping us out with a little tailgating action for this relatively-special occasion. He said that what we're are doing is cool as hell and is willing to help us out with anything we need.

    So, what do y'all think?
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    So, what do y'all think?



    I think this is Most Definitely the way to go. The pre-game buffet/group tickets through the Texans seems like it would be a ton of hassle to get enough people on board and payments processed and so forth. This feels much more organic and manageable (as well as being a gracious and hospitable offer from you and your friend.)

    It would mean that as far as game tickets go everybody would be on their own, bit that is probably the most realistic approach, anyway.

    Lets do this.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:49 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:OK, so I just had a conversation with my landlord (and ticket-benefactor) before he jumped in his Corvette to head to the airport for a week in the Virgin Islands... (bastage)

    A Texans season ticket holder who has a tailgating spot closest to the stadium doors, he always has several overflowing coolers, awesome barbeque, and bloody-marys galore, going on before the game. Not the loudest or drunkest group (or the one with the most scantily-clad guests), but he's got the DirecTV dish set-up and a big-screen going on under the tent. A nice showing of adults, supporting their team with drink in hand, and very respectful opposing-teams fans. For those not aware, Texans tailgating is epic on all levels.

    So here's the deal:
    He's going to bring out an extra party tent so we can have a gathering spot for our group before the game starts in prime real estate. The food will need to be worked out and he said we will need to get a pass to occupy a neighboring spot to theirs, but he is totally on-board to helping us out with a little tailgating action for this relatively-special occasion. He said that what we're are doing is cool as hell and is willing to help us out with anything we need.

    So, what do y'all think?


    I'm with BFS, sounds f'n awesome! Your neighbor is a saint, by the way, and deserves a ton of love for going out of his way like that. Everyone can chip in for food, which I'm sure won't be a problem or a hassle to the fine people that are embarking on this journey. The tent could be the official home base for the 2013 .Net Roadhawkin' (registered trademark of bestfightstory) Pregame Shindig. Does this mean we should just buy tickets for ourselves to the game, and then just meet up on Fri/Sat Night and meetup to tailgate before the game? Either way, this sounds like it's shaping up to be an awesome time.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1403
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:01 am
  • The tailgate sounds like a blast and I would love to partake in that party.
    Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.
    My flight out departs at 5:30 Sunday night and it looks like I will have to adjust that for a later departure.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 am
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:The tailgate sounds like a blast and I would love to partake in that party.
    Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.
    My flight out departs at 5:30 Sunday night and it looks like I will have to adjust that for a later departure.


    LD,

    Bush or Hobby airport?

    If Bush INTNTL, I might make that adjustment, just for safety sake. If it goes to OT, you'll never make it. Hobby is closer and not nearly as hard to get to check-in, but still pushing it.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:The tailgate sounds like a blast and I would love to partake in that party.
    Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.



    Definitely. I have been watching with an eye for three things. Cost, Location, Quantity. When I find something I like I will buy a few and let others know where the tickets are available online. It would be really cool if we get get into a similar section/area.

    Another thought I had is it would be extremely cool if we could all get First Row of any section throughout the stadium and hang multiple 12 flags all over the place.

    Somebody in this thread already purchased seats and posted their location. As others do the same, I will make a consolidated list so that we can get an idea where we are representing and at what cost.

    I have to believe the prices on StubHub will come down SOME prior to September. They are awfully expensive right now for a non-conference non-primetime game.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:10 pm
  • I agree about pricing possibly coming down as time rolls on. No need for a seller to offer a low price right now. However if both team are 3-0 heading into the game, you may want to check current refi rates to score the tix.
    Thanks Houston about which airport. I have to check but I think I am flying in/out from Bush.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Wondering if the price of the tickets in the row I bought last week changed, I went back to the Ticket Exchange site for a look see. I paid $120 a seat. Add fees and the total for 2 seats came to $288. I bought it from the seller who now has 11 available in Section 605, Row T (There were 13 available before I bought my 2) . As you can see, he's upped the price to $136. I can't tell you whether the fees will be more or less now. You'd have to begin the process of buying the ticket to find that out. Prices could continue to climb or they could come down to below even what I paid. Anyway, as you probably all know, it's a crapshoot.




    Image
    User avatar
    Mandu
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm
    Location: Vantucky, WA


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Here is an interactive seating chart for Reliant stadium.

    http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/houston_texans/

    Not near the quality of the Clink version, but will serve the purpose.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:39 am
  • Bought a ticket from a friend who is a Texans fan. Section 313. Row N. Awesome view. Let me know if you guys meet somewhere prior or after.
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:16 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    I have excellent credit.

    What they know is the here and now of your wonderful state.


    And why is your bank the only one I have ever heard doing this?

    Virtually any bank allows credit cards to be used worldwide.

    Do they also not allow you to use the card in Mexico or other countries?


    Just because you havent heard about it does not make it not true. Are you saying that I am making this up?

    I can use my card anywhere. I just let my bank know the dates that I will be traveling. The bank is simply protecting me, and themselves from unauthorized use of my card.

    Just passing along some facts and trying to help out others. Sorry that you feel the need to doubt my sincerity.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9431
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:53 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Just because you havent heard about it does not make it not true. Are you saying that I am making this up?

    I can use my card anywhere. I just let my bank know the dates that I will be traveling. The bank is simply protecting me, and themselves from unauthorized use of my card.

    Just passing along some facts and trying to help out others. Sorry that you feel the need to doubt my sincerity.


    Not saying you made it up, but have never heard of a bank not allow use of a card in a certain state without "getting permission" first. I would think that would put an unneeded burden on a customer that travels for a living. So, is Texas the only state/country that they require this for?

    Do all cc companies track spending and notify a customer if something looks strange? Sure, after that spending occurs, not before.

    Is the bank also protecting you when you have to notify them that you won't be at home or your home will be vacant for a while?
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4148
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Hello fellow Hawkers, I just found your forum today while searching for Hawk fans in the Houston area. I secured tickets to the texans game the day after the schedule came out. I cant help much, but wanted to give what i can. This game WILL sell out. My advise is to secure tickets ASAP. The closer to game day you get, the harder it will be to get groups of seats together. And unless somebody is selling last minute, i dont see prices dropping. I bought 2 tickets in sec 128 Seahawks side for $293 each. I checked stub hub today and 2 seats in same section 2 rows behind me are going for $700+ each. I feel i got a good deal. I have stayed at both the crowne plaza and Holiday Inn (both basically in reliant parking lot), Both places are OK. Today CP has basic rooms still at $90+tax. I posted an intro earlier today if you care to read it. I am the only Hawk Fan i know down here, I for sure want to hook up with your group that comes down, At least to tip a few sat nite. Somebody please have pity on me and keep me in the loop. GO SEAHAWKS
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:58 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    I have excellent credit.

    What they know is the here and now of your wonderful state.


    And why is your bank the only one I have ever heard doing this?

    Virtually any bank allows credit cards to be used worldwide.

    Do they also not allow you to use the card in Mexico or other countries?


    I have banked with a large national bank for more years than I prefer to mention. In todays fraudulant world occasionally my bank with disapprove a transaction if it's system is alarmed. My most recent was earlier this year when visiting our vacation home in Az.
    Dom is correct and you might want to check things out a bit more before questioning people in such a condesending manner.
    I only mention this in the hope Dom buys me an expensive beer in Tx.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Hello fellow Hawkers, I just found your forum today while searching for Hawk fans in the Houston area. I secured tickets to the texans game the day after the schedule came out. I cant help much, but wanted to give what i can. This game WILL sell out. My advise is to secure tickets ASAP. The closer to game day you get, the harder it will be to get groups of seats together. And unless somebody is selling last minute, i dont see prices dropping. I bought 2 tickets in sec 128 Seahawks side for $293 each. I checked stub hub today and 2 seats in same section 2 rows behind me are going for $700+ each. I feel i got a good deal. I have stayed at both the crowne plaza and Holiday Inn (both basically in reliant parking lot), Both places are OK. Today CP has basic rooms still at $90+tax. I posted an intro earlier today if you care to read it. I am the only Hawk Fan i know down here, I for sure want to hook up with your group that comes down, At least to tip a few sat nite. Somebody please have pity on me and keep me in the loop. GO SEAHAWKS



    This IS the loop. You're in it.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Just because you havent heard about it does not make it not true. Are you saying that I am making this up?

    I can use my card anywhere. I just let my bank know the dates that I will be traveling. The bank is simply protecting me, and themselves from unauthorized use of my card.

    Just passing along some facts and trying to help out others. Sorry that you feel the need to doubt my sincerity.


    Not saying you made it up, but have never heard of a bank not allow use of a card in a certain state without "getting permission" first. I would think that would put an unneeded burden on a customer that travels for a living. So, is Texas the only state/country that they require this for?

    Do all cc companies track spending and notify a customer if something looks strange? Sure, after that spending occurs, not before.

    Is the bank also protecting you when you have to notify them that you won't be at home or your home will be vacant for a while?


    Dude I was only helping people out.

    No reason for you to play the thread hijack game.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9431
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 pm
  • And there goes the sunshine and rainbows out of this thread...

    good grief.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:48 am
  • I found some tickets that I am considering pulling the trigger on.

    StubHub Section 641 ROW A (1st Row)

    There is a Block of 4 seats selling for approximately $135 apiece. I would buy this block of four for myself and Dom and have two remaining for whoever claims them and gets the money to me most quickly.

    There are also 2 other sets of 2 seats in same section and row for same price so there could be up to 8 of us together in that section with multiple 12 flags hanging over the rail.

    Comparable first row seats on the 600 level throughout the stadium go for between $170 and upwards of $200, currently. Hell. There are even other seats in the same row and section listed for $269!!!

    For others still looking around for tickets I encourage you to consider front of section in any section you choose. I would love to see as many 12 Flags flying in that place as possible.

    Your thoughts?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:37 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:I found some tickets that I am considering pulling the trigger on.

    StubHub Section 641 ROW A (1st Row)

    There is a Block of 4 seats selling for approximately $135 apiece. I would buy this block of four for myself and Dom and have two remaining for whoever claims them and gets the money to me most quickly.

    There are also 2 other sets of 2 seats in same section and row for same price so there could be up to 8 of us together in that section with multiple 12 flags hanging over the rail.

    Comparable first row seats on the 600 level throughout the stadium go for between $170 and upwards of $200, currently. Hell. There are even other seats in the same row and section listed for $269!!!

    For others still looking around for tickets I encourage you to consider front of section in any section you choose. I would love to see as many 12 Flags flying in that place as possible.

    Your thoughts?


    I would prefer seating closer to the action, but it is more important for me to hang wit ya'all. Besides I know Dom from a few meets at Temple.
    BFS, I can paypal you on the spot if that is how you want to do it. I would like 1 ticket and I will bring my #12 flag.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 am
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:I found some tickets that I am considering pulling the trigger on.

    StubHub Section 641 ROW A (1st Row)

    There is a Block of 4 seats selling for approximately $135 apiece. I would buy this block of four for myself and Dom and have two remaining for whoever claims them and gets the money to me most quickly.

    There are also 2 other sets of 2 seats in same section and row for same price so there could be up to 8 of us together in that section with multiple 12 flags hanging over the rail.

    Comparable first row seats on the 600 level throughout the stadium go for between $170 and upwards of $200, currently. Hell. There are even other seats in the same row and section listed for $269!!!

    For others still looking around for tickets I encourage you to consider front of section in any section you choose. I would love to see as many 12 Flags flying in that place as possible.

    Your thoughts?


    I would prefer seating closer to the action, but it is more important for me to hang wit ya'all. Besides I know Dom from a few meets at Temple.
    BFS, I can paypal you on the spot if that is how you want to do it. I would like 1 ticket and I will bring my #12 flag.



    I typically prefer to sit closer, as well, but the first row of 600 is better than all but the first few rows of 500 and prices in the lower bowl/100 level are astronomical. check out stub hub and let me know what you see as an alternative.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 am
  • Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

    Starting to think about decorating the tailgating tent...
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:26 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

    Starting to think about decorating the tailgating tent...


    Just google Seahawks flag. There are tons of good choices.
    Last edited by LudwigsDrummer on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:42 am
  • Loge 531 @ about $250 each.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:53 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    LudwigsDrummer wrote:The tailgate sounds like a blast and I would love to partake in that party.
    Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.
    My flight out departs at 5:30 Sunday night and it looks like I will have to adjust that for a later departure.


    LD,

    Bush or Hobby airport?

    If Bush INTNTL, I might make that adjustment, just for safety sake. If it goes to OT, you'll never make it. Hobby is closer and not nearly as hard to get to check-in, but still pushing it.


    Yep, Bush it is. I better do a little adjusting on my departure.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:35 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Dude I was only helping people out.

    No reason for you to play the thread hijack game.


    Well we appreciate your help. While you are in this fraud infested state, if I can make the game I will gladly buy you a beer if your card gets rejected.

    And just for those traveling in other states:

    States With The Highest Rates of Credit Card Fraud (Rate per 100,000) Rate
    Nevada 412.9
    Colorado 412.4
    New Hampshire 387.2
    Maryland 393.6
    Oregon 291.7
    Alaska 377.7
    Washington 376.1

    http://www.statisticbrain.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics/
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4148
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:11 pm
  • Just a thought for anybody bringing a flag to reliant park. IMHO the lime green with blue 12, will stand out the best. And I hope i see many.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 pm
  • And another thing. Anybody out there think this game could be a SB preview??? Hmmmm...... I do.
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:And another thing. Anybody out there think this game could be a SB preview??? Hmmmm...... I do.


    Absolutely. I'd go so far as to call it my preseason pick. And wager on it at about 18-1
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:27 am
  • I'm so pumped for this season, and can't hardly wait for this game. I have not seen the Hawks play live action since "96" when they played the Oilers. Houston folks were pissed and the attendance was only like 36,000 Seems like we had 3-4k hawkers tho. I keep thinking of small details that might make your trip to Houston better. Here is a nugget. Reliant added new video screens for this year. Supposed to be biggest in the NFL, (yes bigger than jerry's in dallas). HaHa, i say F jery jones. Any way, the screens are in the end zones. I think the view of video screens will be better from side line sections. I've never sat in the 600 sections for a FB game but have for the Houston Rodeo and "up there" a good view of the video is important, IMHO. I hope this helps ya'll while trying to pick out tickets.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.


    WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

    Mandu+1 Section 605 Row T
    BFS, TechWorlds, Seatown81, Ludwig'sDrummer-Section 641 Row A



    These seats are currently the cheapest availabe front row seats in ANY 600 level section. If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:17 pm
  • That's great. HoustonHawk and I are talking and in the beginning stage of getting a tailgate thing and sat nite get together set up. Glad y'all are coming.
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:17 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Dude I was only helping people out.

    No reason for you to play the thread hijack game.


    Well we appreciate your help. While you are in this fraud infested state, if I can make the game I will gladly buy you a beer if your card gets rejected.

    And just for those traveling in other states:

    States With The Highest Rates of Credit Card Fraud (Rate per 100,000) Rate
    Nevada 412.9
    Colorado 412.4
    New Hampshire 387.2
    Maryland 393.6
    Oregon 291.7
    Alaska 377.7
    Washington 376.1

    http://www.statisticbrain.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics/



    You should buy me a beer regardless.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9431
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.


    WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

    Mandu+1 Section 605 Row T
    BFS, TechWorlds, Seatown81, Ludwig'sDrummer-Section 641 Row A



    If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.


    Great job, and thanks.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:09 am
  • Have a buddy moving to Houston in a few weeks - Might have to hit this game.
    Season Ticket Holder, Section 127 - Row I

    Video of Player Intros from my seats, Jags game 2009.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddIoamjN08
    User avatar
    ExperienceJones
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 294
    Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 am
  • Party on Dudes!
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1504
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.


    WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

    Mandu+1 Section 605 Row T
    BFS, TechWorlds, Seatown81, Ludwig'sDrummer-Section 641 Row A



    These seats are currently the cheapest availabe front row seats in ANY 600 level section. If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.

    I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

    Go Hawks!
    User avatar
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 6851
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.


    WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

    Mandu+1 Section 605 Row T
    BFS, TechWorlds, Seatown81, Ludwig'sDrummer-Section 641 Row A



    These seats are currently the cheapest availabe front row seats in ANY 600 level section. If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.

    I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

    Go Hawks!



    HeLL YES!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

    Starting to think about decorating the tailgating tent...



    The real ones just say 12. I bought a few that weren't as cool that had a 12 and said Seahawks etc. I can bring some down and leave one as a token of appreciation.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9206
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Me and wifey-poo will be sitting in 515 about two rows from the rail...

    http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/houston_texans/
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:16 am
  • I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.
    Louisiana has the most disloyal fanbase in the world.....
    cajunhawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 77
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:40 pm


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm
  • cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.


    You in LA?
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.


    You in LA?



    Are there a lot of Cajun folks in Los Angeles? I didn't realize.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9206
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:58 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.


    You in LA?



    Are there a lot of Cajun folks in Los Angeles? I didn't realize.


    Louisiana, more commonly know in the world of texting in these parts by the acronym: "LA".
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:56 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

    Starting to think about decorating the tailgating tent...



    The real ones just say 12. I bought a few that weren't as cool that had a 12 and said Seahawks etc. I can bring some down and leave one as a token of appreciation.

    how bout some rainier beer. We called the 16oz ones,POUNDERS. I haven't had a Rainier in 25+ years. If you can get a half case down here I'll send some Shiner (good Texas Brew) back with you.
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 am
  • Oops just noticed you are a Cali dude. Do they sell Rainier beer in Cali
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4909
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

    Starting to think about decorating the tailgating tent...



    The real ones just say 12. I bought a few that weren't as cool that had a 12 and said Seahawks etc. I can bring some down and leave one as a token of appreciation.


    That. Would. Be. Awesome.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6340
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:19 am
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.


    WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

    Mandu+1 Section 605 Row T
    BFS, TechWorlds, Seatown81, Ludwig'sDrummer-Section 641 Row A



    These seats are currently the cheapest availabe front row seats in ANY 600 level section. If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.

    I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

    Go Hawks!


    Welcome onboard Matt!

    It wouldn't be the same without your fancy britches.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9431
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information