Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'
Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:48 am
  • I found some tickets that I am considering pulling the trigger on.

StubHub Section 641 ROW A (1st Row)

There is a Block of 4 seats selling for approximately $135 apiece. I would buy this block of four for myself and Dom and have two remaining for whoever claims them and gets the money to me most quickly.

There are also 2 other sets of 2 seats in same section and row for same price so there could be up to 8 of us together in that section with multiple 12 flags hanging over the rail.

Comparable first row seats on the 600 level throughout the stadium go for between $170 and upwards of $200, currently. Hell. There are even other seats in the same row and section listed for $269!!!

For others still looking around for tickets I encourage you to consider front of section in any section you choose. I would love to see as many 12 Flags flying in that place as possible.

Your thoughts?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:37 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:I found some tickets that I am considering pulling the trigger on.

There is a Block of 4 seats selling for approximately $135 apiece. I would buy this block of four for myself and Dom and have two remaining for whoever claims them and gets the money to me most quickly.

There are also 2 other sets of 2 seats in same section and row for same price so there could be up to 8 of us together in that section with multiple 12 flags hanging over the rail.

Comparable first row seats on the 600 level throughout the stadium go for between $170 and upwards of $200, currently. Hell. There are even other seats in the same row and section listed for $269!!!

For others still looking around for tickets I encourage you to consider front of section in any section you choose. I would love to see as many 12 Flags flying in that place as possible.

Your thoughts?

I would prefer seating closer to the action, but it is more important for me to hang wit ya'all. Besides I know Dom from a few meets at Temple.
    BFS, I can paypal you on the spot if that is how you want to do it. I would like 1 ticket and I will bring my #12 flag.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 am
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:I found some tickets that I am considering pulling the trigger on.

Your thoughts?

I would prefer seating closer to the action, but it is more important for me to hang wit ya'all. Besides I know Dom from a few meets at Temple.
    BFS, I can paypal you on the spot if that is how you want to do it. I would like 1 ticket and I will bring my #12 flag.

I typically prefer to sit closer, as well, but the first row of 600 is better than all but the first few rows of 500 and prices in the lower bowl/100 level are astronomical. check out stub hub and let me know what you see as an alternative.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 am
  • Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

Starting to think about decorating the tailgating tent...
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:26 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

Just google Seahawks flag. There are tons of good choices.
    Last edited by LudwigsDrummer on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    LudwigsDrummer

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:42 am
  • Loge 531 @ about $250 each.
    LudwigsDrummer

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:53 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    LudwigsDrummer wrote:The tailgate sounds like a blast and I would love to partake in that party.
    Regarding seating, I agree the easy part is all men for themselves but I would like to sit with some hip folks dressed in blue. I am sure there will be brokers selling seats in groups of 4-8 so maybe some of us could keep an eye out for any of that action as it may appear.
    My flight out departs at 5:30 Sunday night and it looks like I will have to adjust that for a later departure.

LD,

Bush or Hobby airport?

If Bush INTNTL, I might make that adjustment, just for safety sake. If it goes to OT, you'll never make it. Hobby is closer and not nearly as hard to get to check-in, but still pushing it.

Yep, Bush it is. I better do a little adjusting on my departure.
    LudwigsDrummer

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:35 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Dude I was only helping people out.

No reason for you to play the thread hijack game.

Well we appreciate your help. While you are in this fraud infested state, if I can make the game I will gladly buy you a beer if your card gets rejected.

And just for those traveling in other states:

States With The Highest Rates of Credit Card Fraud (Rate per 100,000) Rate
    Nevada 412.9
    Colorado 412.4
    New Hampshire 387.2
    Maryland 393.6
    Oregon 291.7
    Alaska 377.7
    Washington 376.1

http://www.statisticbrain.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics/
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:11 pm
  • Just a thought for anybody bringing a flag to reliant park. IMHO the lime green with blue 12, will stand out the best. And I hope i see many.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 pm
  • And another thing. Anybody out there think this game could be a SB preview??? Hmmmm...... I do.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:And another thing. Anybody out there think this game could be a SB preview??? Hmmmm...... I do.

Absolutely. I'd go so far as to call it my preseason pick. And wager on it at about 18-1
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:27 am
  • I'm so pumped for this season, and can't hardly wait for this game. I have not seen the Hawks play live action since "96" when they played the Oilers. Houston folks were pissed and the attendance was only like 36,000 Seems like we had 3-4k hawkers tho. I keep thinking of small details that might make your trip to Houston better. Here is a nugget. Reliant added new video screens for this year. Supposed to be biggest in the NFL, (yes bigger than jerry's in dallas). HaHa, i say F jery jones. Any way, the screens are in the end zones. I think the view of video screens will be better from side line sections. I've never sat in the 600 sections for a FB game but have for the Houston Rodeo and "up there" a good view of the video is important, IMHO. I hope this helps ya'll while trying to pick out tickets.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.

WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

Mandu+1 Section 605 Row T
    BFS, TechWorlds, Seatown81, Ludwig'sDrummer-Section 641 Row A

These seats are currently the cheapest availabe front row seats in ANY 600 level section. If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:17 pm
  • That's great. HoustonHawk and I are talking and in the beginning stage of getting a tailgate thing and sat nite get together set up. Glad y'all are coming.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:17 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Dude I was only helping people out.

No reason for you to play the thread hijack game.

Well we appreciate your help. While you are in this fraud infested state, if I can make the game I will gladly buy you a beer if your card gets rejected.

And just for those traveling in other states:

States With The Highest Rates of Credit Card Fraud (Rate per 100,000) Rate
    Nevada 412.9
    Colorado 412.4
    New Hampshire 387.2
    Maryland 393.6
    Oregon 291.7
    Alaska 377.7
    Washington 376.1

http://www.statisticbrain.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics/

You should buy me a beer regardless.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.

WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.

Great job, and thanks.
    LudwigsDrummer

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:09 am
  • Have a buddy moving to Houston in a few weeks - Might have to hit this game.
    Season Ticket Holder, Section 127 - Row I

Video of Player Intros from my seats, Jags game 2009.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddIoamjN08
    ExperienceJones
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 am
  • Party on Dudes!
    LudwigsDrummer

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.

WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

These seats are currently the cheapest availabe front row seats in ANY 600 level section. If anybody else is interested in very similar seats there are 8 more seats available on StubHub in the same section and row. 2 are going for 134 apiece. 2 are going for 139.50 apiece. And 4 are going for 269.30 apiece. There are also 7 in Row C for 187 apiece.

I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

Go Hawks!
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.

WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

Go Hawks!

HeLL YES!
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

The real ones just say 12. I bought a few that weren't as cool that had a 12 and said Seahawks etc. I can bring some down and leave one as a token of appreciation.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Me and wifey-poo will be sitting in 515 about two rows from the rail...

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/houston_texans/
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:16 am
  • I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.
    Louisiana has the most disloyal fanbase in the world.....
    cajunhawk
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm
  • cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.

You in LA?
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.

You in LA?

Are there a lot of Cajun folks in Los Angeles? I didn't realize.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:58 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.

You in LA?

Are there a lot of Cajun folks in Los Angeles? I didn't realize.

Louisiana, more commonly know in the world of texting in these parts by the acronym: "LA".
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:56 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

The real ones just say 12. I bought a few that weren't as cool that had a 12 and said Seahawks etc. I can bring some down and leave one as a token of appreciation.

how bout some rainier beer. We called the 16oz ones,POUNDERS. I haven't had a Rainier in 25+ years. If you can get a half case down here I'll send some Shiner (good Texas Brew) back with you.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 am
  • Oops just noticed you are a Cali dude. Do they sell Rainier beer in Cali
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:

That. Would. Be. Awesome.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:19 am
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Well. I went ahead and purchased 4 tickets in Section 641 Row A seats 1-4. Paid $135 apiece on StubHub. The remaining 3 tickets were quickly claimed by Dom/TechWorlds, Jordan/Seatown, and Steve/Ludwig'sDrummer.

WHERE PEEPS ARE SITTING

Go Hawks!

Welcome onboard Matt!

It wouldn't be the same without your fancy britches.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:29 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:

Done deal.

@Pmedic I live in Seattle and I will try. If it gets through on my checked bag I will have a 6er of pounders.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:05 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Welcome onboard Matt!

True, true. Are you bringing your lovely wife? I'm guessing not by the ticket distribution.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Welcome onboard Matt!

True, true. Are you bringing your lovely wife? I'm guessing not by the ticket distribution.

No. We drank too much for her last time. I kinda warned her about these trips. She says it will be best if I just go. Besides, Raul the pool boy will be visiting while I am gone which always puts her in good spirits.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:16 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

Go Hawks!

Damn, now I may have to either make the 3 hour drive or fly down just to be with some of my best buds!

Sat in the 700 level seats for the SB, so 600's will be an improvement.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:[quote="HoustonHawk82"]Where is the best place to buy a good-size 12-flag?

Done deal.

@Pmedic I live in Seattle and I will try. If it gets through on my checked bag I will have a 6er of pounders.[/quote]
    That would be way cool for memories sake. Don't get yourself in a jam with the airport folks tho. Not worth any trouble.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:28 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    MysterMatt wrote:I just purchased two tix and have one available for $135. Section 641 Row A seats 9, 10...so we'll be real close to BFS, Tech, SeaTown81, and LudsDrummer. If you haven't had a chance to sit near Seatown to hear the BEST game commentary ever, you really need to pick up my extra ticket.

Go Hawks!

Damn, now I may have to either make the 3 hour drive or fly down just to be with some of my best buds!

Sat in the 700 level seats for the SB, so 600's will be an improvement.

I think the 700 Club is definitely more your style.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:02 am
  • cajunhawk wrote:I'll be there in section 109...finally a Hawks game I can attend.

Lafayette, Louisiana...born and inbred
    Louisiana has the most disloyal fanbase in the world.....
    cajunhawk
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:37 am
  • As I look over the upcoming season, this game looks to me to be in the top one or two toughest match ups. (out of div) Like I've already stated I see this as a VERY possible SB preview. JJ Watt is a beast and B. Cushing is all healed up. Position/position How do you guys think the squads match up?
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:43 am
  • Wilson v Schaub. Advantage Hawks.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 am
  • cajunhawk wrote:

Mmmmm... crawfish...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 am
  • Come on gang. I know somebody else has an opinion on how the hawks match up with the texans. Or is this the wrong place to discus it.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 am
  • I think much depends, offensively, on the ability of the O-line to contain Watt and company. We're going to have to gain yardage in large chunks on early downs using fewer receivers downfield as the TE is going to have to stay at the line. However, those shots we take in the middle to the TE after Russ rolls out will help neutralize that rush also. Forcing their linebackers into coverage might be the way to go. There is so much we can do, we just have to execute well.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:05 pm
  • For those that are flying in on Thursday evening....

I am planning on heading on out to check out the Johnson Space Center on Friday.

Lemme know if any of you guys wanna come along.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:27 pm
  • Are tickets still avaliable I can't find any?
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:51 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    grizbob wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:Are tickets still avaliable I can't find any?

http://www.stubhub.com/houston-texans-t ... 3-4270662/

Not the fastest or brightest.

Ya callin me slow and tupid??? :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:56 pm
  • cajunhawk wrote:

Yo cajunhawk, I was wondering if you can give me a recommendation. The wife and I are flying in for the game, after which we're going to drive to Lake Charles and spend a couple of nights. We're going to do the Creole Nature Trail road trip which I've been reading about and it sounds pretty cool. We've then got a couple of days to see New Orleans and get up to Vicksburg MS to see the battlefield. Can you recommend a good swamp boat trip and a good Cajun restaurant(both atmosphere and food)? I've found quite a few online but I figure you might be able to tell me first hand which one might be the best. Thanks.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:00 pm
  • "425HawkSpark"]Are tickets still avaliable I can't find any? When the stub hub link dries up. You can find a bunch on eBay although prices are very high.
    pmedic920
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:16 pm
  • I have one ticket available.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]