Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Seahawks all time overrated and underrated.
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

hawker232 wrote:
Can we please get Mack Strong on the underrated list? Blocked for three 1,000 yard rushers. Outside of the true fans around here, I don't see the dude getting much love. Maybe I'm just being a homer because I graduated from Georgia, but I doubt it. The guy was a straight TANK.

In his first preseason game, Strong had the attention of Steve Largent, who used to call them with local staff. He said something like "I sure like this Mack Strong kid. That is a great football name to have. I really hope he makes the team".

Of course then Largent would follow it up with harsh and direct criticism of the opposing team's starting QB when he was done playing. "When you are done for the game, you shouldn't be on the sidelines in your uniform, you should be in the shower and coming back to the sidelines in a suit. That is just unprofessional" in reference to Testaverde.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 pm 
NET Veteran

Sinclair and McCrary were underrated as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 am 
NET Rookie

I think another player that is underrated was John L. Williams. The guy was a good hard runner and no one was better than catching passes out of the backfield.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:52 am 
NET Veteran

rigelian wrote:
I think another player that is underrated was John L. Williams. The guy was a good hard runner and no one was better than catching passes out of the backfield.

I disagree on Williams being underrated.

I remember John L. getting a lot of love by the major network broadcasters.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I think every team they have done has had one player "overrated" just to stir up comments.
49ers---Joe Montana
Raiders- Tim Brown
Broncos- (its the opposite) John Elway is Underrated
Colts- Peyton Manning
Ravens- Ray Lewis

just to name a few, and then they just put bad players on the overrated list. I feel like the authors started watching football in 1995

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Seems to me that Jacob Green was perhaps the most underrated player for the team. It's like he never existed nationally.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:20 am 
NET Veteran

SA belongs on the over rated list. Unless there was glory to be had like a TD he ran like a pussy. At the goal line he could be a tough runner take a hit but at the 50 yard line he frequently cowered to avoid contact

Stevens should not be on the list. Kind of hard to be over rated when you are not rated very high to start off with

Bobby Engrams name crosses my mind for under rated

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 pm 
NET Veteran

Author is off base on quite a bit. Bringing up Alexander's 2006 season as Hutch being the only factor without mentioning the foot injury is wrong. Springs had a marginally worse sophomore season than Richard Sherman with one less INT and three less passes defensed. His junior season was not that bad either. Injuries started slowing him down after year four. Much of the Galloway detractors are based largely on how he handled the contract situation with Holmgren.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]