more evidence that bleacher report sucks

davidonmi

Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1697 ... 13/page/30
now the overall choice of Miller is his opinion which is fine (I would personally go with Brandon Browner)

However, some of this is just inaccurate
"Miller would have likely been the No. 2 tight end behind Anthony McCoy if McCoy hadn't tore his Achilles in May."
also
"He’s not going to present matchup problems in this offense, as Seattle rarely used him in the passing game a season ago. He only caught 38 passes for 396 yards and three touchdowns."
considering the amount they actually threw last year 38 passes isn't as little as you would think.
I just find it hilarious that this guy saw stone hands McCoy as the #1 TE, something no one else thinks

kearly

Reaction score
I can forgive getting the facts wrong or discussing topics outside your base of knowledge; it's really hard to know a ton about all 32 teams. His mistake was presenting his opinion too strongly, without at least fact-checking first. At the very least, a degree of caution in his tone would have been appropriate. Instead, he comes across looking like a poor man's Pete Prisco.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":2bqedkjp said:
looking like a poor man's Pete Prisco.
Wow. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

:laugh:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I have yet to read a BR article about the Seahawks that DOESN'T have a mistake in it. With the 12 seconds of research those writers do before writing about the Seahawks, it's no wonder their articles are horrible.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Forget the lack of Seahawk knowledge. How could this guy not have the intel on Zack Miller? Not like Zack came into the league yesterday. Pure laziness on the writer's part.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Sounds like a stats only type of guy. If he'd had watched the games, he'd clearly see how good Miller really is.

warden

Reaction score
Miller does so many of the little things well, the stuff that the untrained eye does not recognize. The coaches on this team love Miller.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Those kinds of statements are to be expected from TBR. Next thing you know, they'll be calling Brady Quinn for QB over Mr. Wilson.

Rainger

Reaction score
Well BR is so bad they need to use the NFC SOUTH lead writer to write about the WEST. Maybe that will be his excuse for not knowing a damn thing about the Hawks. Probably still mad about Beast Quake over his N.O. team.

A

Anonymous

Does any news source/writer actually have our collective respect?

Farnsworth, and our buddy Tony V., are a given.

hawker84

Reaction score
This is possibly the worst reporting/article i've ever read, just wrong in every possible way, and he stated all those wrong facts so matter of factly it's beyond ridiculous.. Good Work Bleacher Report, keep em coming... jeesh

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2lxy9og1 said:

I bet Mayock gets a lot of respect. But he's more pure analyst than "news." I don't really see negative things written about the numbers-based news sites like PFF and Football Outsiders.

bobk3333

Reaction score
Zach Miller might be the best *all-around* TE in the NFL. I think he is the best blocking TE in the league, but until the playoffs last year, he was mysteriously underutilized as a pass-catcher by the Seahawks. I'm not sure Darrell Bevel likes to utilize his TEs as receivers and will pretty much only utilize them when everything else is taken away by the opposing defenses.

Miller was known as an exceptional pass-catching TE before coming to the Hawks. He was the #1 TE recruit coming out of high school in 2004 and caught 56 passes his freshman year at Arizona State. He was one of the most productive pass catching TEs during his three years at ASU, while also becoming team captain and first team All-Academic. He was the second highest rated TE in the draft, where he was drafted towards the top of the second round. He had 48 catches his first year with Oakland and then led all Raider receivers in receptions for each of the next three years. He played in the 2011 Pro Bowl before being signed by Seattle.

For various reasons -- nagging injuries, being asked to block, not many looks -- he only had 25 catches his first year in Seattle and really wasn't given many opportunities to catch the ball until the end of last season, coinciding (not coincidentally) with the increasing success of the team. He was the leading receiver for the Seahawks in each of the two playoff games.

Miller is a team-first guy and a gamer. In spite of several injuries, he has only missed three games in six seasons. He has started all but five games in six seasons.

If you watch him in the videos, he is an unbelievable blocker. He almost single-handedly made up for a lot of run-blocking deficiencies, imo, in the offensive line.

In my opinion, when you look at his blocking, pass-catching potential and team-first attitude, Zach Miller is the best all-around TE in the NFL, which would also make him the most underrated player on the Seahawks.

A

Anonymous

bobk3333":3brf3vvw said:
Zach Miller might be the best *all-around* TE in the NFL. I think he is the best blocking TE in the league, but until the playoffs last year, he was mysteriously underutilized as a pass-catcher by the Seahawks.

This guy was known as an exceptional pass-catching TE before coming to the Hawks. He was the #1 TE recruit coming out of high school in 2004 and caught 56 passes his freshman year at Arizona State. He was one of the most productive pass catching TEs during his three years at ASU, while also becoming team captain and first team All-Academic. He was the second highest rated TE in the draft, where he was drafted towards the top of the second round. He had 48 catches his first year with Oakland and then led all Raider receivers in receptions for each of the next three years. He played in the 2011 Pro Bowl before being signed by Seattle.

For various reasons -- nagging injuries, being asked to block, not many looks -- he only had 25 catches his first year in Seattle and really wasn't given many opportunities to catch the ball until the end of last season, coinciding (not coincidentally) with the increasing success of the team. He was the leading receiver for the Seahawks in each of the two playoff games.

Miller is a team-first guy and a gamer. In spite of several injuries, he has only missed three games in six seasons. He has started all but five games in six seasons.

If you watch him in the videos, he is an unbelievable blocker.

In my opinion, when you look at his blocking, pass-catching potential and team-first attitude, Zach Miller is the best all-around TE in the NFL.

You left out that he's one hell of a nice guy.

The kind of guy daddy would be real cool with the daughter inviting to dinner.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":15omefju said:
HoustonHawk82":15omefju said:

I bet Mayock gets a lot of respect. But he's more pure analyst than "news." I don't really see negative things written about the numbers-based news sites like PFF and Football Outsiders.

Started a thread a while back asking if anyone disliked Mayock. You're correct, we generally like him a lot.
I don't run into may hawks fans that dislike Gruden, at least these days. Most fans i know love Bill Simmons.

Anyone dislike Rob Rang?

bobk3333

Reaction score
Basis4day":pc85ildo said:
Anyone dislike Rob Rang?

I don't dislike him, but I think he is worse than useless at football analysis and player evaluation.

I like Mayock and Gruden (except for his bullshit TV commentary of Tate's Fail Mary catch.)

bobk3333

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3614u8cv said:
You left out that he's one hell of a nice guy.

The Seahawks have an extraordinary number of genuinely nice guys. Russell Wilson and Russell Okung are two of the nicest people I have ever met anywhere.

I have never seen a team where there are so many players doing so much to give back.

Latest posts