Lynch DUI trial date set for after Christmas (PFT Link)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... christmas/

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, a pretrial hearing Thursday confirmed that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won’t stand trial before a jury until Dec. 27.
    Last edited by NJSeaHawk on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• just in time for the post season!
    blkhwk
    NET Rookie

• well hopefully he wont have to serve right away...

but if he does, hopefully Turbin and Michael are ready to step up
    Last edited by NJSeaHawk on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• wouldnt that be right in the middle of a playoff run?
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hopefully we don't lose him just before the post season.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

• even if convicted they can delay sentencing Yes?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, a pretrial hearing Thursday confirmed that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won’t stand trial before a jury until Dec. 27.

The article leaves out a bit of legalese.

The Dec. 27 date doesn't mean opening statements in front of a jury. It's a hearing for trial readiness based on the Pre-Trial motion to suppress scheduled for November. They still need to do Jury Selection, the trial itself and depending on the outcome a sentencing hearing.
    You're not going to see an actual verdict until February and a sentencing hearing until two weeks later. The NFL isn't going to suspend him until the conclusion of his case (Sentencing or Lynch pleads out) and even then it's no guarantee that they will. It is his first violation under the substance abuse policy in the collective bargaining agreement and the NFL does not typically suspend for first violations in this regard.

In summary, it is very unlikely that any suspension will happen this year. Worry if you want. Call Goodell a Nazi if you want. But i'll go to Vegas and bet that he doesn't get suspended this year unless he settles or the DA drops the case. They're simply isn't enough time to resolve if the case goes to verdict.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Could he get dinged under the Personal Conduct Policy? He had that brush with the law while playing for Buffalo
    NFL_Football2013
    NET Bench Warmer

• Basis4day wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/

The Dec. 27 date doesn't mean opening statements in front of a jury. It's a hearing for trial readiness based on the Pre-Trial motion to suppress scheduled for November. They still need to do Jury Selection, the trial itself and depending on the outcome a sentencing hearing.
    You're not going to see an actual verdict until February and a sentencing hearing until two weeks later. The NFL isn't going to suspend him until the conclusion of his case (Sentencing or Lynch pleads out) and even then it's no guarantee that they will. It is his first violation under the substance abuse policy in the collective bargaining agreement and the NFL does not typically suspend for first violations in this regard.

In summary, it is very unlikely that any suspension will happen this year. Worry if you want. Call Goodell a Nazi if you want. But i'll go to Vegas and bet that he doesn't get suspended this year unless he settles or the DA drops the case. They're simply isn't enough time to resolve if the case goes to verdict.

Sweet! Cheers for that, sounds like you know what you are talking about, hope it plays out this way.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• NFL_Football2013 wrote:Could he get dinged under the Personal Conduct Policy? He had that brush with the law while playing for Buffalo

from what I understand this falls under the "substance abuse" policy and wouldn't be treated as the same.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/

Sweet! Cheers for that, sounds like you know what you are talking about, hope it plays out this way.

Don't thank me, thank government cutbacks in the California legal system.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• If we lose Lynch we still have Michael and Turbin. Why are we all worried?
    dumbrabbit
    NET Starter

• dumbrabbit wrote:If we lose Lynch we still have Michael and Turbin. Why are we all worried?

Because they aren't Lynch
    NFL_Football2013
    NET Bench Warmer

• NFL_Football2013 wrote:
    dumbrabbit wrote:If we lose Lynch we still have Michael and Turbin. Why are we all worried?

Because they aren't Lynch

Okay, I am going to call it. This guy is a Niner fan. I just looked at all his posts, it is clear. Whats up, BB?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I mean it was pretty apperant, why can't these clowns just come on and admit they're 49er fans?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I am glad my ploys are working, i'm a disenfranchised LA rams fan. So i have no team, i wish ill upon all teams.
    NFL_Football2013
    NET Bench Warmer

• I only incite with 49ers positive posts to get reactions
    NFL_Football2013
    NET Bench Warmer

• NFL_Football2013 wrote:I only incite with 49ers positive posts to get reactions

So you are a lying POS too?

Banhammer. Buh bye.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• i never lied, if i post ram or cardinal information, it doesnt get people talking
    NFL_Football2013
    NET Bench Warmer

• Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• i don't claim to be a seahawks fan, i thought my username might give that away (it isnt rocket science). I am just here to provoke thought. I don't troll.

How do you think Wilson would do in Indy with teams having to key on Donald Brown or Vick Ballard?
    and refresh your luck stance with him having Harvin, Rice and Lynch?

From May 7. I don't troll. Bullshit.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• The dude is gone, don't sweat him anymore.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Finally, one in our favor. Not until after the season and hopefully a court extension till after the SuperBowl. Then, Marshawn can do his home arrest while admiring his Super Bowl ring. :mrgreen:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:The dude is gone, don't sweat him anymore.

:th2thumbs: Thanks, he was a playa hater.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:

Would there be a jury trial with a DUI case with no injuries? Or would the case just be heard by a judge? Or did I miss some key information on his case?

Not that it really matters, just wondering.
    nepahawk
    NET Starter

• They use juries for dui cases in alameda country.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:They use juries for dui cases in alameda country.

Thank you.
    nepahawk
    NET Starter

• Basis4day wrote:They use juries for dui cases in alameda country.

They can or they do? In WA, the defense can request a bench trial and just have a judge decide it.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:They use juries for dui cases in alameda country.

They can or they do? In WA, the defense can request a bench trial and just have a judge decide it.

They do. Most DUI cases never get that far and are plead out.

Another thing to consider. A Dec 27th Trial date is between Christmas and New Years. Most judges aren't going to want to sit a jury in that time frame. The case would likely get kicked pending outcome of Motion to Suppress hearing.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Good thing. Alameda Cnty is full of 49er fans... He wouldn't get a fare trial, especially during the playoffs. I can see it now, 12 men and women all in 9ers gear in jury box.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• LawlessHawk wrote:Good thing. Alameda Cnty is full of 49er fans... He wouldn't get a fare trial, especially during the playoffs. I can see it now, 12 men and women all in 9ers gear in jury box.

That would be vetted in Voir Dire.

Alameda is also full of Cal fans. Lynch actually has quite of bit of fans in this area for that reason.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Well, if you're a 49er player, Assault is no big deal. Funny how yet another violent crime was magically dropped. If you're a Hawk and pee outside, you're arrested. If you knock a bottle over a guy's head and punch him numerous times, and you're a 49er player, it's no biggie. smh
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• well, lets see how this plays out.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information