Lynch DUI trial date set for after Christmas (PFT Link)

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
well hopefully he wont have to serve right away...

but if he does, hopefully Turbin and Michael are ready to step up

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
wouldnt that be right in the middle of a playoff run?

Basis4day

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3749x6jl said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, a pretrial hearing Thursday confirmed that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won’t stand trial before a jury until Dec. 27.

The article leaves out a bit of legalese.

The Dec. 27 date doesn't mean opening statements in front of a jury. It's a hearing for trial readiness based on the Pre-Trial motion to suppress scheduled for November. They still need to do Jury Selection, the trial itself and depending on the outcome a sentencing hearing.
You're not going to see an actual verdict until February and a sentencing hearing until two weeks later. The NFL isn't going to suspend him until the conclusion of his case (Sentencing or Lynch pleads out) and even then it's no guarantee that they will. It is his first violation under the substance abuse policy in the collective bargaining agreement and the NFL does not typically suspend for first violations in this regard.

In summary, it is very unlikely that any suspension will happen this year. Worry if you want. Call Goodell a Nazi if you want. But i'll go to Vegas and bet that he doesn't get suspended this year unless he settles or the DA drops the case. They're simply isn't enough time to resolve if the case goes to verdict.

NFL_Football2013

Reaction score
Could he get dinged under the Personal Conduct Policy? He had that brush with the law while playing for Buffalo

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":vzohmep9 said:
NJSeaHawk":vzohmep9 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, a pretrial hearing Thursday confirmed that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won’t stand trial before a jury until Dec. 27.

The Dec. 27 date doesn't mean opening statements in front of a jury. It's a hearing for trial readiness based on the Pre-Trial motion to suppress scheduled for November. They still need to do Jury Selection, the trial itself and depending on the outcome a sentencing hearing.
You're not going to see an actual verdict until February and a sentencing hearing until two weeks later. The NFL isn't going to suspend him until the conclusion of his case (Sentencing or Lynch pleads out) and even then it's no guarantee that they will. It is his first violation under the substance abuse policy in the collective bargaining agreement and the NFL does not typically suspend for first violations in this regard.

In summary, it is very unlikely that any suspension will happen this year. Worry if you want. Call Goodell a Nazi if you want. But i'll go to Vegas and bet that he doesn't get suspended this year unless he settles or the DA drops the case. They're simply isn't enough time to resolve if the case goes to verdict.

Sweet! Cheers for that, sounds like you know what you are talking about, hope it plays out this way.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
NFL_Football2013":3j720hqv said:
Could he get dinged under the Personal Conduct Policy? He had that brush with the law while playing for Buffalo

from what I understand this falls under the "substance abuse" policy and wouldn't be treated as the same.

Basis4day

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":ij7qyujy said:
Basis4day":ij7qyujy said:
NJSeaHawk":ij7qyujy said:

Sweet! Cheers for that, sounds like you know what you are talking about, hope it plays out this way.

Don't thank me, thank government cutbacks in the California legal system.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
If we lose Lynch we still have Michael and Turbin. Why are we all worried?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NFL_Football2013":lo2fxixo said:
dumbrabbit":lo2fxixo said:
If we lose Lynch we still have Michael and Turbin. Why are we all worried?

Because they aren't Lynch

Okay, I am going to call it. This guy is a Niner fan. I just looked at all his posts, it is clear. Whats up, BB?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean it was pretty apperant, why can't these clowns just come on and admit they're 49er fans?

NFL_Football2013

Reaction score
I am glad my ploys are working, i'm a disenfranchised LA rams fan. So i have no team, i wish ill upon all teams.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NFL_Football2013":12j8rjv1 said:
I only incite with 49ers positive posts to get reactions
So you are a lying POS too?

Banhammer. Buh bye.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.