Skip Bayless

davidonmi

Reaction score
Someone posted it on twitter so I looked through the podcast.
On griffin being ranked 13.
"Wilson has basically wind up and get a running start to throw his deep-ball."
ESPN, why do you employ people like this, that is a direct quote BTW

hawker232

Reaction score
His job is basically to be a shit starter. And he's obviously very good at it, lol.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
you know he's still hating becuase Richard Sherman burned him pretty good on his own show lol

Mick063

Reaction score
Even if Wilson did need to step into a deep throw.

Who gives a crap?

Anyone see that deep throw to Rice to beat the Patriots? Was anybody giving critique on Wilson's deep ball afterwards?

This upcoming season:

Look at his ability to extend plays. Look at his numbers. Look at his wins. Look at his comebacks.

Let Skippy gush about someone else.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Wilson is better then him at EVERYTHING! Right Sherm!

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Mick063":1uucdjl8 said:
Even if Wilson did need to step into a deep throw.

Who gives a crap?

Anyone see that deep throw to Rice to beat the Patriots? Was anybody giving critique on Wilson's deep ball afterwards?

This upcoming season:

Look at his ability to extend plays. Look at his numbers. Look at his wins. Look at his comebacks.

Let Skippy gush about someone else.
I could care less, there just isn't much to discuss and I find it funny how stupid people can be

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
davidonmi":25b8wxcs said:
Someone posted it on twitter so I looked through the podcast.
On griffin being ranked 13.
"Wilson has basically wind up and get a running start to throw his deep-ball."
ESPN, why do you employ people like this, that is a direct quote BTW

Answer: Because he is a great troll. I can respect that. He is good at his craft.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
davidonmi":2s0guy2o said:
I could care less, there just isn't much to discuss and I find it funny how stupid people can be

Fwiw the proper usage would be, "I couldn't care less". Saying you "could care less" implies there is a chance you care, even if its just a little.

madbohem

Reaction score
In five years, as Wilson continues to be his steady and consistently great self, the naysayer noise will only elevate Wilson inside public opinion. It will take that long to have enough history in the league that the statistics alone will overrule the likes of Skip Bayless. In five years, the Hawks offense will have gone through enough changes, carry a contract with Wilson that puts the money on Wilson - therefore less big spending on the weapons around him...

Seriously Wilson defies convention and its not an unbelief in Wilson that makes people detract from giving him props. Its the convention, read historical data, the past, that makes these conclusions necessary from these people.

Let me make an example of what it means to hold convention higher than the current reality using HBO as an example. Last year, HBO co-president Eric Kessler has said he thinks the move away from traditional television to an internet-based model is just a fad that will pass – a “temporary phenomenon” tied to the down economy.

Talk about a disconnect from reality, right?

I don't care if its Skip Bayless or Jaws, or whomever it is that once played or did not play in the NFL, these people, no matter experience or inexperience, are sitting front and center in the media side of this business drawing from "empirical" data that is going to be used to explain their point of view all day long. Even when Wilson continues to make plays, defy convention, it will be conventional explanations that these people will draw from to make their professional opinions. Its not Wilson, its the great team built around him, its Lynch and the respect for the run, its going to be something conventional according to the way things were that will be used to explain Wilson, as much as possible to NOT give him props for his very real ability.

I hope you guys grasp the comparison I am making in the analogy above with the statement from HBO.

warden

Reaction score
So much of this BS about which 2nd year QB is going to have the sophomore slump. Everybody pays way too much attention to one position.( granted it is the most important position) Russell Wilson is the least likely to have a second year slump because he has the best team around him. The last time I checked there is 53 players on the team. Russell Wilson does not have to do it all by himself. If he has a bad play, struggles a little, the rest of the team will pick up the slack until he makes the adjustments. Kaep is in a similar situation but I just don't feel he will be as committed as Wilson

bellingerga

Reaction score
Ask the patriots if Russ needs to step and wind up to throw a deep ball.

He flicked a few bombs on their butts with ease.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bayless is a disrespectin' punk, that had his ass handed to him by RS and now he's saying whatever he can to try'n piss people off that believe in the Seahawks.
Skip "The Drivel" Bayless is nothing more than a 12 foot turd, with all the shit scraped off.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bayless will be our naysayer for years to come after being tossed by Sherman. Anything out of his mouth going forward might as well be Bleacher Report material.