Next Lockdown Cornerback in the NFL...SHERMAN (Bleacher R)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I love The Bleacher Report they are very reputable and exceedingly knowledgeable.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Inaccurate. While true that Sherman does not switch from left to right to shadow the other team's best guy, the implication that Seattle plays a cover 2 defense is mistaken.

cdallan

Reaction score
The interweb can be confusing sometimes. Have you checked the date on the article to make sure it's not from last offseason?

CANHawk

Reaction score
B/R stories, like the rest of the internet, are only as good as the guy that writes it. It's pretty much an open forum and anyone can write anything they want. I like the articles by Scott Kacsmar (captaincomeback). He seems to be very well informed and writes a really good, unbiased article. But you can just as easily get an article by some jackwagon ranting about how his beloved and storied Green Bay Packers got screwed by the evil Sea chickens and that alone is the reason they didn't go on to win it all. They don't vet their articles for shit on b/r.

As for the article in question, I thought it was one of the better b/r articles I've seen (and not just because it says nice things about our guy). It seemed pretty well researched. I just don't share the author's belief that we need to be moving sherm all over the field to prove his worth. Unlike the Jets, we have four all pro caliber guys in our secondary (make that 5 with the addition of winfield), so we don't need to do any of that. But if we do, it'll be ET that allows us to be most flexible imo. THAT kid's skillset is sick!

chris98251

Reaction score
He's a day late and a dollar short, if he wrote this last pre season he would have broken ground, now it's something every Seahawk fan already knows and something most the fans following the NFL knows as far as how good he is.

This is sort of like saying traffic is going to be bad in Los Angeles in 2013 versus 1969.