"Editor Doub" is now a writer at Sports Illustrated

RockHawk

Reaction score
All,
I wanted to send out my sincere congratulation to a good friend and .NET legend Doug Farrar who today announced he's been offered a position with Sports Illustrated. He's one of the best and I can't think of a more deserving sports writer than he.

Congrats Doug! .NET owes you a lot for the blood, sweat, and tears you gave to this place, so it makes us extremely proud that the time and effort ultimately lead to a dream job for you. Mazel Tov!

nsport

Reaction score
Congratulations Doug - well deserved. Now go put some WEST COAST BIAS out there!

"Doub??"

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1eg1otd5 said:
Congrats, Doug! Does this mean he's leaving Yahoo, or that he'll be doing both?

Yes, I believe he's leaving Yahoo and going SI full time.

nsport":1eg1otd5 said:

Yes, an inside joke from many, many years ago where someone responded to one of Doug's Scout articles with brimstone & fire by addressing it to "Doub". It just stuck from there.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for him. I know for awhile he still worked his day job but that must have been before Yahoo and him having full access to the Seahawks draft and covering the team? I know he did a few of the combines while still working his former job, which I am guessing has long been a distant memory.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Congrats Doug on the promotion! Leave Yahoo in the dust where it belongs. We all look forward to reading your prose in SI. Continued success to you and yours!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Doug is a stud! The man knows his isht and can put it out there with flair! I look forward to seeing him appear in my magazine subscription. I was thinking about canceling, but not now! *thumbs up*

Boiler

Reaction score
What a great accomplishment. I've always enjoyed Doug's writing and look forward to his work at SI.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Congrats Doug. I know you were shooting for this for many years. Well done.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Congratulations Doug... I love when someone I've crossed paths with makes it to the bigger path... :thirishdrinkers:

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jynaylx said:
SeaTown81":2jynaylx said:
Congrats to Doug.

I expect nothing but blatant Seahawks bias.

Best temper those expectations some, then. Doug's pretty bias-free, overall. ;)

I do bet he drives the Shutdown corner fans crazy with all his Seahawks articles. Or maybe it just seems that he and others have produced quite a few Seahawks articles since he started having access to the organization.

bluengreen

Reaction score
This is good. He deserves it far more than many tenured "sports writers" out there.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I'll never forget his best piece of work.

THE NAPKIN

Only those who have been around long enough will recall this Ray Rhodes bit.