Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:01 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Posts: 499
http://instagram.com/p/b2H41NtBD9/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:03 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Posts: 499
To be fair, it looks like they are playing Madden, and, by Wilson's reaction (Kaepernicking), it looks like he is winning and mocking Colin.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm
Posts: 577
That's not acting like the robot you're supposed to be Russell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2878
Maybe he's just smelling his pit.

That's what it's all about, isn't it?

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Is this the same picture?

In the NFL Forum

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69700

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm
Posts: 577
The Radish wrote:
Is this the same picture?

In the NFL Forum

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69700


Not the same picture.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:18 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
hedgehawk wrote:
The Radish wrote:
Is this the same picture?

In the NFL Forum

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69700


Not the same picture.



Good, thank you. I couldn't get a picture to come up just the postings.

:D

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:27 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8861
Location: Covington, Washington
The Radish wrote:
Is this the same picture?

In the NFL Forum

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69700



The one on page 2 of that thread was from Wilson's Instagram/point of view. This is Kaepernick's Instagram/response. Same shot, two different trash talking points.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am
Posts: 571
Location: At a McDonald's inside a Walmart.
Russell is just celebrating another 42-13 butt whoopin' he laid on Kaep, BOOM! Vernon Davis just got knockout by Bam-Bam again!! :D :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 1971
Image

_________________
Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
The "fans" comments to the right of the picture are quite telling. There was a time (way back) when the 9er faithful had a modicum of class. Now? They should be casted in deliverance II. Witless ass hats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:29 am
Posts: 125
Minutes later Kaepernick scored on a read-option play then abruptly left and visited sick kids in a hospital.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Spokane
Birdfinger wrote:
Minutes later Kaepernick scored on a read-option play then abruptly left and visited sick kids in a hospital.

HAHAHAHA, that would never happen.

_________________
For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:49 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:23 am
Posts: 40
Seconds later you see RW giving Keap a royalties payment for doing his Patented pose......


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:55 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 418
Article:

Russell Wilson is the last person you’d expect to find Kaepernicking

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/russell ... en-photos/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:19 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am
Posts: 393
I'm not an expert on trash-talk, but "Look at @dangerusswilson trying to steal my swag!" seems like something a bad loser would say. Or he's doing what grade-school kids do and pretends he wins after losing. Am I missing something here or is this guy a complete tool?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2359
oasis wrote:
I'm not an expert on trash-talk, but "Look at @dangerusswilson trying to steal my swag!" seems like something a bad loser would say. Or he's doing what grade-school kids do and pretends he wins after losing. Am I missing something here or is this guy a complete tool?


Man, they're just having a good-natured exchange. The Kaep hate on this forum is borderline ridiculous.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am
Posts: 393
HawKnPeppa wrote:
oasis wrote:
I'm not an expert on trash-talk, but "Look at @dangerusswilson trying to steal my swag!" seems like something a bad loser would say. Or he's doing what grade-school kids do and pretends he wins after losing. Am I missing something here or is this guy a complete tool?


Man, they're just having a good-natured exchange. The Kaep hate on this forum is borderline ridiculous.

Yeah, I just thought about it. Probably not as serious as I initially read lol

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 74
Some of you guys are a little out of touch.. This is for an ad for the new Madden game. Russell just scored on Kaep and you will see this on TV in a commercial. Ease up. Two dudes having fun. He's still Russell and he's still awesome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10498
Location: Pasco, WA
Say it ain't so Russell!!!!! :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :sarcasm_off:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1057
They are probably shooting a comercial or some sort of promo. Why else would they be in uniform?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22748
Location: Kirkland, WA
The NFL forum one is how Kaep looked after Wilson beat him in Madden 42-13.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
HawKnPeppa wrote:
oasis wrote:
I'm not an expert on trash-talk, but "Look at @dangerusswilson trying to steal my swag!" seems like something a bad loser would say. Or he's doing what grade-school kids do and pretends he wins after losing. Am I missing something here or is this guy a complete tool?


Man, they're just having a good-natured exchange. The Kaep hate on this forum is borderline ridiculous.


Damn...Wilson is such a douche to Kaepernick. Jeez. ;-)

J/K!!

Seriously. It isn't borderline ridiculous, full full fledged ridiculous. The stuff I read just on this thread...like he'd never go help children. LOL. Right...in fact he has his own camp for kids with heart defects because his parents adopted him after losing two newborns to heart defects. He patented Kaepernicking (the WORD, not the action) in order to sell T-Shirts and give the proceeds to that charity.

None of that gets through because some of you (and not talking to the poster I'm replying to) are too busy lookin for reason to hate. Cracks me up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18007
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Marvin49 wrote:
HawKnPeppa wrote:
oasis wrote:
I'm not an expert on trash-talk, but "Look at @dangerusswilson trying to steal my swag!" seems like something a bad loser would say. Or he's doing what grade-school kids do and pretends he wins after losing. Am I missing something here or is this guy a complete tool?


Man, they're just having a good-natured exchange. The Kaep hate on this forum is borderline ridiculous.


Damn...Wilson is such a douche to Kaepernick. Jeez. ;-)

J/K!!

Seriously. It isn't borderline ridiculous, full full fledged ridiculous. The stuff I read just on this thread...like he'd never go help children. LOL. Right...in fact he has his own camp for kids with heart defects because his parents adopted him after losing two newborns to heart defects. He patented Kaepernicking (the WORD, not the action) in order to sell T-Shirts and give the proceeds to that charity.

None of that gets through because some of you (and not talking to the poster I'm replying to) are too busy lookin for reason to hate. Cracks me up.



Gee, that sounds like a lot of the ninnir fans that come here.

:roll:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:12 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
The Radish wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
HawKnPeppa wrote:
Man, they're just having a good-natured exchange. The Kaep hate on this forum is borderline ridiculous.


Damn...Wilson is such a douche to Kaepernick. Jeez. ;-)

J/K!!

Seriously. It isn't borderline ridiculous, full full fledged ridiculous. The stuff I read just on this thread...like he'd never go help children. LOL. Right...in fact he has his own camp for kids with heart defects because his parents adopted him after losing two newborns to heart defects. He patented Kaepernicking (the WORD, not the action) in order to sell T-Shirts and give the proceeds to that charity.

None of that gets through because some of you (and not talking to the poster I'm replying to) are too busy lookin for reason to hate. Cracks me up.



Gee, that sounds like a lot of the ninnir fans that come here.

:roll:


Really? Outside of the joke above, give me ONE example of hate for Wilson on here from me. ONE.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
I hear what you're saying Marvin, but is it any different than the Hate Sherman gets on your boards.. Yes he's said and done some dumb things IMO, but away from the field he's a truly good guy, and does a lot for our community as well as his back home, does he get any credit for that over there, or even better, does anyone even want to hear about those things? NO, they just want the good sound bites, to further fuel the Sherman hate... It goes both ways my friend..

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:29 am
Posts: 125
Marvin49 wrote:
HawKnPeppa wrote:
oasis wrote:
I'm not an expert on trash-talk, but "Look at @dangerusswilson trying to steal my swag!" seems like something a bad loser would say. Or he's doing what grade-school kids do and pretends he wins after losing. Am I missing something here or is this guy a complete tool?


Man, they're just having a good-natured exchange. The Kaep hate on this forum is borderline ridiculous.


Damn...Wilson is such a douche to Kaepernick. Jeez. ;-)

J/K!!

Seriously. It isn't borderline ridiculous, full full fledged ridiculous. The stuff I read just on this thread...like he'd never go help children. LOL. Right...in fact he has his own camp for kids with heart defects because his parents adopted him after losing two newborns to heart defects. He patented Kaepernicking (the WORD, not the action) in order to sell T-Shirts and give the proceeds to that charity.

None of that gets through because some of you (and not talking to the poster I'm replying to) are too busy lookin for reason to hate. Cracks me up.


Easy there, Hotpants. I never said Kaep wouldn't go help children. Sheesh. Touchy Ninny!

As I understood the pic, Wilson scored then threw Kaeps own move in his face to rub it in. All in good fun. But if Kaep scored what would be his comeback? Must of us know Wilson is a bit of a Goody-Goody so I stated that Kaep's response would be to go visit sick kids. Wilson has done it a few times so its well known. Thats it. Never indicated Kaep wouldn't help sick kids or help old ladies cross the street or haul off and kick puppies. I poked fun of Wilson's image. If you're gonna hang out here you gotta keep up.

As an aside, seeing that it got a Ninny fan all riled up pleases me to no end!! :49ersmall:

GO HAWKS!!!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
hawker84 wrote:
I hear what you're saying Marvin, but is it any different than the Hate Sherman gets on your boards.. Yes he's said and done some dumb things IMO, but away from the field he's a truly good guy, and does a lot for our community as well as his back home, does he get any credit for that over there, or even better, does anyone even want to hear about those things? NO, they just want the good sound bites, to further fuel the Sherman hate... It goes both ways my friend..


Well...we've had this argument before...so not going to revisit.

It is just comical to me how much time and energy is devoted to Kaep over here. If he really was as bad a player and as horrible of person as many of you say...there would be no point in talking about him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:32 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
Birdfinger wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
HawKnPeppa wrote:
Damn...Wilson is such a douche to Kaepernick. Jeez. ;-)

J/K!!

Seriously. It isn't borderline ridiculous, full full fledged ridiculous. The stuff I read just on this thread...like he'd never go help children. LOL. Right...in fact he has his own camp for kids with heart defects because his parents adopted him after losing two newborns to heart defects. He patented Kaepernicking (the WORD, not the action) in order to sell T-Shirts and give the proceeds to that charity.

None of that gets through because some of you (and not talking to the poster I'm replying to) are too busy lookin for reason to hate. Cracks me up.



Easy there, Hotpants. I never said Kaep wouldn't go help children. Sheesh. Touchy Ninny!

As I understood the pic, Wilson scored then threw Kaeps own move in his face to rub it in. All in good fun. But if Kaep scored what would be his comeback? Must of us know Wilson is a bit of a Goody-Goody so I stated that Kaep's response would be to go visit sick kids. Wilson has done it a few times so its well known. Thats it. Never indicated Kaep wouldn't help sick kids or help old ladies cross the street or haul off and kick puppies. I poked fun of Wilson's image. If you're gonna hang out here you gotta keep up.

As an aside, seeing that it got a Ninny fan all riled up pleases me to no end!! :49ersmall:

GO HAWKS!!!


LOL. You are correct. I mistook what you were saying. Sorry about that.

I didn't get all riled up tho...just thought it was funny. I've seen ALOT of that stuff over here. No worries.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Quote:
Well...we've had this argument before...so not going to revisit.

It is just comical to me how much time and energy is devoted to Kaep over here. If he really was as bad a player and as horrible of person as many of you say...there would be no point in talking about him.



I don't think he's a terrible person at all, i think he's a bit on the immature side. He's the face of your franchise and i don't think he understands the responsibilities that come with that..

I said it to you a long time ago after his post game interviews in our game and the SB, he has to grow up a bit, because regardless of the type of person he really is, fans as a whole will only see what's on tv and develope an opinion of him from that. Fans outside of SF are not going to take the time to delve into his personal life to try and find out what type of guy he really is.. Now what you're seeing is the backlash from his actions, regardless of the fact he's a good dude. The fact that other players and his own teammate is calling him out does not help his cause either.

For the record, you can find a Kap thread on every team message board, we're not the only ones who have opinions of the young man.

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
hawker84 wrote:
Quote:
Well...we've had this argument before...so not going to revisit.

It is just comical to me how much time and energy is devoted to Kaep over here. If he really was as bad a player and as horrible of person as many of you say...there would be no point in talking about him.



I don't think he's a terrible person at all, i think he's a bit on the immature side. He's the face of your franchise and i don't think he understands the responsibilities that come with that..

I said it to you a long time ago after his post game interviews in our game and the SB, he has to grow up a bit, because regardless of the type of person he really is, fans as a whole will only see what's on tv and develope an opinion of him from that. Fans are not going to take the time to delve into his personal life to try and find out what type of guy he really is.. Now what you're seeing is the backlash from his actions, regardless of the fact he's a good dude. The fact that other players and his own teammate is calling him out does not help his cause either.


THAT I won't completely disagree with.

I didn't really like the Hat thing but it wasn't a big deal. The Body Issue? WAY overblown. Lost in all the BS is that Vernon Davis was also in the issue and that Patrick Willis was in it 2 years ago.

To me, the issue with Kaep isn't so much immaturity as it is inexperience. Wilson played at big schools. He was under the spotlight. Kaep played at Nevada. I'd submit that he was every bit as raw OFF the field as he was on. He hasn't figured out how to deal with the media yet. All of this attention is new to him and sometimes he does well and sometimes he crashes and burns a bit.

In the interviews after the games in Seattle and the SB...he just doesn't take losing well. I agree he could have handled them better, but it really stems from the fact that he puts all of the responsibility on himself. Randy Moss was saying that in Seattle Kaep had his head down against a wall in the locker room because he took it as HIS FAULT. Randy had to tell him it was a TEAM loss. The same happened in the SB. All of his reponses to the game were "I wasn't good enough" or some offshoot of that. No doubt he needs to manage that stuff batter, but as a 49er fan I'm not going to get upset with the guy for taking too much of the responsibility on himself.

Bottom line, he's a smart kid and I think he's gonna figure all that out. Would I prefer he came out of college sounding like Peyton Manning? Of course, but I can't fault the kid for not being prepared for the MASSIVE publicity and not understanding that people are watching his every move and looking for reasons to take him down a peg.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:29 am
Posts: 125
Marvin49 wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
Quote:
Well...we've had this argument before...so not going to revisit.

It is just comical to me how much time and energy is devoted to Kaep over here. If he really was as bad a player and as horrible of person as many of you say...there would be no point in talking about him.



I don't think he's a terrible person at all, i think he's a bit on the immature side. He's the face of your franchise and i don't think he understands the responsibilities that come with that..

I said it to you a long time ago after his post game interviews in our game and the SB, he has to grow up a bit, because regardless of the type of person he really is, fans as a whole will only see what's on tv and develope an opinion of him from that. Fans are not going to take the time to delve into his personal life to try and find out what type of guy he really is.. Now what you're seeing is the backlash from his actions, regardless of the fact he's a good dude. The fact that other players and his own teammate is calling him out does not help his cause either.


THAT I won't completely disagree with.

I didn't really like the Hat thing but it wasn't a big deal. The Body Issue? WAY overblown. Lost in all the BS is that Vernon Davis was also in the issue and that Patrick Willis was in it 2 years ago.

To me, the issue with Kaep isn't so much immaturity as it is inexperience. Wilson played at big schools. He was under the spotlight. Kaep played at Nevada. I'd submit that he was every bit as raw OFF the field as he was on. He hasn't figured out how to deal with the media yet. All of this attention is new to him and sometimes he does well and sometimes he crashes and burns a bit.

In the interviews after the games in Seattle and the SB...he just doesn't take losing well. I agree he could have handled them better, but it really stems from the fact that he puts all of the responsibility on himself. Randy Moss was saying that in Seattle Kaep had his head down against a wall in the locker room because he took it as HIS FAULT. Randy had to tell him it was a TEAM loss. The same happened in the SB. All of his reponses to the game were "I wasn't good enough" or some offshoot of that. No doubt he needs to manage that stuff batter, but as a 49er fan I'm not going to get upset with the guy for taking too much of the responsibility on himself.

Bottom line, he's a smart kid and I think he's gonna figure all that out. Would I prefer he came out of college sounding like Peyton Manning? Of course, but I can't fault the kid for not being prepared for the MASSIVE publicity and not understanding that people are watching his every move and looking for reasons to take him down a peg.


Its easier to make fun of Kaep rather than Willis and Davis over Body issue thing. "Kaepernaked" kinda cracks me up! :49ersmall: :0190l:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 1454
russell's just taunting his celebration, this is not who Russ is at all. Kaepernick posted as much in his instagram. Russell is a lot of things, I know for a fact he's not a bicep kisser


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22748
Location: Kirkland, WA
http://q13fox.com/2013/07/18/seahawks-q ... z2Z7B55o6P

He was doing it to make fun of Kaepernick because he just passed for a TD on him in Madden. Awesome. Wilson is beginning to embrace his Pro Football Mock trolling persona. :D

(Pro Football Mock is the website that did all those fake QB conversations.)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3094
Marvin49 wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
Quote:
Well...we've had this argument before...so not going to revisit.

It is just comical to me how much time and energy is devoted to Kaep over here. If he really was as bad a player and as horrible of person as many of you say...there would be no point in talking about him.



I don't think he's a terrible person at all, i think he's a bit on the immature side. He's the face of your franchise and i don't think he understands the responsibilities that come with that..

I said it to you a long time ago after his post game interviews in our game and the SB, he has to grow up a bit, because regardless of the type of person he really is, fans as a whole will only see what's on tv and develope an opinion of him from that. Fans are not going to take the time to delve into his personal life to try and find out what type of guy he really is.. Now what you're seeing is the backlash from his actions, regardless of the fact he's a good dude. The fact that other players and his own teammate is calling him out does not help his cause either.


THAT I won't completely disagree with.

I didn't really like the Hat thing but it wasn't a big deal. The Body Issue? WAY overblown. Lost in all the BS is that Vernon Davis was also in the issue and that Patrick Willis was in it 2 years ago.

To me, the issue with Kaep isn't so much immaturity as it is inexperience. Wilson played at big schools. He was under the spotlight. Kaep played at Nevada. I'd submit that he was every bit as raw OFF the field as he was on. He hasn't figured out how to deal with the media yet. All of this attention is new to him and sometimes he does well and sometimes he crashes and burns a bit.

In the interviews after the games in Seattle and the SB...he just doesn't take losing well. I agree he could have handled them better, but it really stems from the fact that he puts all of the responsibility on himself. Randy Moss was saying that in Seattle Kaep had his head down against a wall in the locker room because he took it as HIS FAULT. Randy had to tell him it was a TEAM loss. The same happened in the SB. All of his reponses to the game were "I wasn't good enough" or some offshoot of that. No doubt he needs to manage that stuff batter, but as a 49er fan I'm not going to get upset with the guy for taking too much of the responsibility on himself.

Bottom line, he's a smart kid and I think he's gonna figure all that out. Would I prefer he came out of college sounding like Peyton Manning? Of course, but I can't fault the kid for not being prepared for the MASSIVE publicity and not understanding that people are watching his every move and looking for reasons to take him down a peg.


Thanks I hadn't heard some of that info. That makes me even happier that we have an already polished and mentally strong qb that came out of college SOUNDING and PASSING like Peyton Manning! GO HAWKS

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22748
Location: Kirkland, WA
Kaepernick should have gotten used to some of that stuff since he was with the team riding the pine when they were a play away from the Super Bowl year before last. Just a thought.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am
Posts: 605
Wilson posted the exact same picture on his Instagram as well captioned "Yes, this was after a TD pass on Kaepernick7"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson Kaepernicking
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2051
Looks like they're shooting an ad.

Probably a promo for some kind of Madden commercial.

I think they're more than likely doing this for a TV spot.

Marvin posts here more than most Seattle fans.

Did anyone mention that these two are doing some kind of advertising gig?

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: b3liever, BGHawk, BirdsCommaAngry, Deterrence, Google [Bot], HuskyHawk, IcedHawk, kearly, LargentFan, Lawke, Pandion Haliaetus, PlinytheCenter, Seahawksfan425, tooshort and 90 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.