Seahawks Fans buying a brick at "Levi's Stadium"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.

Not tacky. It's no different from all the Ninner fans coming in here to post. :stirthepot:
    ramchargerman66
    NET Rookie

• ramchargerman66 wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.

Not tacky. It's no different from all the Ninner fans coming in here to post. :stirthepot:

I don't know if you can bann a brick once it's cememted in though.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• T-Sizzle wrote:Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.

That's because you like being wrong
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• This would be Epic!
    HAWKNUTZ
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Maybe a brick with just the #12 on it would be awesome
    HAWKNUTZ
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I have no issues with this. You really think if the Seahawks had something like this, they wouldn't jump at the chance to buy a brick?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Did the Seahawks sell bricks? I thought not. Tacky was having to sell bricks to build your facility.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.

Did the Seahawks sell bricks? I thought not. Tacky was having to sell bricks to build your facility.

I don't think they had to sell the bricks, just a cool thing to do for fans.

Is Safeco tacky?
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• I wouldn't do it. Some people take sports entirely too far. I get it, as a fan you want to "put your mark" on their new stadium. When it comes down to it, as much as you or I hate the 9ers or any other team, you don't disrespect someones home. It's like taking a shit on someone's lawn, that's how classless I think this move is.

With that said, yeah it's a funny troll type of move. If I was the 9er organization I wouldn't allow anyone who wasn't a fan or who had good intentions buy a brick.
    McG
    NET Veteran

• Sports are supposed to be fun. This is fun.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Is it odd to anyone else that there is an actual article about this?

The idea was first proposed on r/Seahawks last week by Reddit user ElderPopTarts. On Tuesday, redditor whoopingchow got the ball rolling with a new thread, which includes instructions on how to donate through the micropayment website CrowdTilt.

This is news?
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• They should just do an engraving of all the Super Bowl trophies you've guys won. Here's my design

SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

• ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

Is Safeco tacky?

LOL. Do you think any team does things like this to be nice to fans? If so they would give them to season ticket holders or a nominal fee. This is not to be cool - this is to make MORE money
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• This is great. We should get more than 1 going. Get a whole bunch of em.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• SoHo9erFan wrote:They should just do an engraving of all the Super Bowl trophies you've guys won. Here's my design

I can admit that is some funny sh!t right there. If you could only conjour up the past for the firestorm that awaits the 9er's brewing from the north, you could rest, but honestly, you know better dont'choo.

Buy the Brick.

Suggested engravings...

"Let this be a curse"
    "Pick a # between 11 and 13"
    "I just saw up your dress, And you got BALLS"
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• we should get 2 bricks...side by the side
    one will read SEA
    the other HAWKS

Actually scratch that...i can see someone defacing them both and changing them into seaco...or hawkshi... you get the idea..

SEAHAWKS in one brick works :thirishdrinkers:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• How much are the damn bricks?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Tacky? Bullshit. Whacky? Possibly. Hilarious? Absolutely.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• KCHawkGirl wrote:Tacky? Bullshit. Whacky? Possibly. Hilarious? Absolutely.

+ 1,000,000.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoHo9erFan wrote:They should just do an engraving of all the Super Bowl trophies you've guys won. Here's my design

Hahahahahaha thats funny, tho.. props
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

• Watching Beast Mode run the ball.

JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

• JaiSeaSea wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:They should just do an engraving of all the Super Bowl trophies you've guys won. Here's my design

Hahahahahaha thats funny, tho.. props

NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Check out the sodium coming from this guy
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Personally I think it lacks class but it really is your money to spend so I reluctantly support efforts from opposing team's fans buying these. If it makes you happy then go for it. For me this stadium is like the reward for our team having played in a baseball stadium for the last three or four decades. I cherish it very much and it would take a lot more than a few bricks worth of graffiti to diminish those feelings.

Just like that thread about peeing on our stadium it comes across as tacky, classless, and bitter. That has nothing to do with your football team or ours just kind of a respect thing.

Just my thoughts.....
    BigBay49
    NET Bench Warmer

• Bowman: "Hey man, why don't you guys run up the middle any more, you afraid of me?"

MikeRob: "Naw bro, we're just spreadin' it around a little. What, are you lonely or somethin'?"

Bowman: "Come on, y'all stop runnin that damn slash play and come straight at me in my house!"

MikeRob: "Your house? We own a piece of this dump too bro!"
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• I think this is awesome. Media would certainly take note if it happened - probably be highlighted in games we play down there. :49ersmall:
    DistantHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

Is Safeco tacky?

Yes. more for the product than the amenities.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• It lacks class? Yeah, because Niners fans are so full of class?
    Yawn, Niners fans will get butt hurt over anything. Love it
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Personally I say go fo it, it's just a brick. If anything it would be permanent bulletin board material. But in reality you guys all know that it would be a waste of money as some drunk fan would deface it the moment they found it. That is IF the approving authority allowed it in the first place, as the purpose of these bricks (besides a small source of revenue) is to allow fans to be a permanent part of the new home of their favorite team.

LOL...but if there was ever a douche move that would never be overshadowed, it would be you guys buying one of these bricks. :th2thumbs:
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:Personally I say go fo it, it's just a brick. If anything it would be permanent bulletin board material. But in reality you guys all know that it would be a waste of money as some drunk fan would deface it the moment they found it. That is IF the approving authority allowed it in the first place, as the purpose of these bricks (besides a small source of revenue) is to allow fans to be a permanent part of the new home of their favorite team.

LOL...but if there was ever a douche move that would never be overshadowed, it would be you guys buying one of these bricks. :th2thumbs:

Haha yeah definite epic troll.
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.

JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

• SoHo9erFan…that was a good!

I like the fan rivalry. I don’t mind their fans messing with us, and us with them as long as it’s all in fun. This brick thing is fun 
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

• NinerLifer wrote:Personally I say go fo it, it's just a brick. If anything it would be permanent bulletin board material. But in reality you guys all know that it would be a waste of money as some drunk fan would deface it the moment they found it. That is IF the approving authority allowed it in the first place, as the purpose of these bricks (besides a small source of revenue) is to allow fans to be a permanent part of the new home of their favorite team.

Harvey Updyke begs to differ.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm in favor of the idea, because if you want to make Seattle - SF into a top tier rivalry, this is a bold, forward thinking move.

That said, Seahawks also kind of lose because they're purchasing an SF product. Pros outweigh the cons, but still. And the money will get returned unless someone comes up with something very subtle, but now the building committee has to be on their guard if they weren't already.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• don't know what to think about this.. my gut is telling me troll move?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• It's a brick, geez
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wouldn't want it to get confused with a mirror every time a 9er fan looks at it though.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Just that it upsets you makes it worth the time and effort to go for it. Maybe Kap will pony up for a "Go Dolphins" brick.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Sports are supposed to be fun. This is fun.

Agreed.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Did no one go to High School? Did you not deface the opposing High Schools mascot or Rock or whatever? Its all fun and games.

Right now, SF is our Rival, and if everything works the way it should, for a long time to come. Buying a brick and having it say #12, or Go Hawks, or whatever, is nothing more then rival fans having fun. And it doesnt even deface your brand new stadium as its a brick, and its in place like all the other bricks and would take forever for someone to even see that brick unless they were looking for it.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Did no one go to High School? Did you not deface the opposing High Schools mascot or Rock or whatever? Its all fun and games.

Right now, SF is our Rival, and if everything works the way it should, for a long time to come. Buying a brick and having it say #12, or Go Hawks, or whatever, is nothing more then rival fans having fun. And it doesnt even deface your brand new stadium as its a brick, and its in place like all the other bricks and would take forever for someone to even see that brick unless they were looking for it.

completely agree. how is it classless? were "supporting" their new stadium. thats all.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

• They will just pee on it.

Waste of time and money.

About as dumb an idea as the stadium noise record breaking attempt.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Yes when i was in highschool
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

This.
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawker84 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Oh I forgot. Were adults now. Fun times over. Lets just go watch reruns of Threes Company and wait to die.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• So what do the "adults" prefer? Stabbing the opposing fans?

This is harmless and pretty funny.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• The brick should simply say "Papaki luv Sammy"
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:The brick should simply say "Papaki luv Sammy"

It should say something a little more classy and slightly more cryptic....

Like Paul Allen, or Kenny Easley, or Cortez Kennedy, Steve Largent, ect.

Making it less blatant and more cerebral makes it more cool and less of a dumb idea.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• In the end it doesnt even matter. The company said they can refuse any of them. And I highly doubt they will put a brick down that has the high probability of being pulled out or defaced by 9er fans. But I did think it was a cool idea.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information