Seahawks Fans buying a brick at "Levi's Stadium"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Did no one go to High School? Did you not deface the opposing High Schools mascot or Rock or whatever? Its all fun and games.

Right now, SF is our Rival, and if everything works the way it should, for a long time to come. Buying a brick and having it say #12, or Go Hawks, or whatever, is nothing more then rival fans having fun. And it doesnt even deface your brand new stadium as its a brick, and its in place like all the other bricks and would take forever for someone to even see that brick unless they were looking for it.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Did no one go to High School? Did you not deface the opposing High Schools mascot or Rock or whatever? Its all fun and games.

Right now, SF is our Rival, and if everything works the way it should, for a long time to come. Buying a brick and having it say #12, or Go Hawks, or whatever, is nothing more then rival fans having fun. And it doesnt even deface your brand new stadium as its a brick, and its in place like all the other bricks and would take forever for someone to even see that brick unless they were looking for it.

completely agree. how is it classless? were "supporting" their new stadium. thats all.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

• They will just pee on it.

Waste of time and money.

About as dumb an idea as the stadium noise record breaking attempt.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Yes when i was in highschool
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

This.
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawker84 wrote:
    Cartire wrote:All you guys saying this lacks class has no idea what a rivalry is. The best part about rivalries is the bashing and games and pranks against each other.

Oh I forgot. Were adults now. Fun times over. Lets just go watch reruns of Threes Company and wait to die.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• So what do the "adults" prefer? Stabbing the opposing fans?

This is harmless and pretty funny.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• The brick should simply say "Papaki luv Sammy"
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:The brick should simply say "Papaki luv Sammy"

It should say something a little more classy and slightly more cryptic....

Like Paul Allen, or Kenny Easley, or Cortez Kennedy, Steve Largent, ect.

Making it less blatant and more cerebral makes it more cool and less of a dumb idea.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• In the end it doesnt even matter. The company said they can refuse any of them. And I highly doubt they will put a brick down that has the high probability of being pulled out or defaced by 9er fans. But I did think it was a cool idea.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• SoHo9erFan wrote:They should just do an engraving of all the Super Bowl trophies you've guys won. Here's my design

Well-played, sir.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• Why pay for anything on that stadium?

It's just as easy to take a sharpie or sharp object and put anything you want on it, not to mention it'll be a lot cheaper. Not that I'm advocating destroying their new stadium, but if anyone wanted to have some ridiculous hawk related anything on it...they don't have to support the team they despise. Example, homeboy taking a piss on it. Cheap and equally as effective.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:Why pay for anything on that stadium?

It's just as easy to take a sharpie or sharp object and put anything you want on it, not to mention it'll be a lot cheaper. Not that I'm advocating destroying their new stadium, but if anyone wanted to have some ridiculous hawk related anything on it...they don't have to support the team they despise. Example, homeboy taking a piss on it. Cheap and equally as effective.

Or to be really creative, any of you guys ever heard of Geocaching?

Somebody could hide one inside the new stadium, that way most likely a Niner fan would be the first one to find it. When he gets all excited for finding it and opens it...."42-13 Biatch!" :th2thumbs:

Of course it would probably be destroyed after that, but I imagine you guys would get a hell of a laugh from the rage filled comment that the guy who found it would end up logging on the the website.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    Or to be really creative, any of you guys ever heard of Geocaching?

Somebody could hide one inside the new stadium, that way most likely a Niner fan would be the first one to find it. When he gets all excited for finding it and opens it...."42-13 Biatch!" :th2thumbs:

Of course it would probably be destroyed after that, but I imagine you guys would get a hell of a laugh from the rage filled comment that the guy who found it would end up logging on the the website.

That right there is pure genius. You sir are OK in my book regardless of your poor choice in NFL team affiliation.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• ESPN just outed the prank. Ain't gonna happen now.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• It should say Tanzania. Or get 8 bricks in a row: T A N Z A N I A. We would win there forever and it would be great exposure for Tanzania. :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Cartire wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:

Oh I forgot. Were adults now. Fun times over. Lets just go watch reruns of Threes Company and wait to die.

Dude, this had me dying of laughter just now. Hilarious.

ivotuk wrote:It should say Tanzania. Or get 8 bricks in a row: T A N Z A N I A. We would win there forever and it would be great exposure for Tanzania. :)

This is a brilliant idea. I like where Tech is going with it also. It's gotta be vague and cryptic in order to get approval but something that Seahawks fans will recognize instantly. Maybe something spelled backwards? I'll leave that to the minds of the sick and twisted on .Net. I'm sure you guys will think of something.

Also, everyone's been telling me about the Seahawks forum on Reddit. I just can't get in to it. I ultimately feel like I'm cheating on .Net. Same goes with Field Gulls. .Net for life baby!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:Also, everyone's been telling me about the Seahawks forum on Reddit. I just can't get in to it. I ultimately feel like I'm cheating on .Net. Same goes with Field Gulls. .Net for life baby!

Frankly I'm offended that you'd even think about stepping out on us.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Two bricks, side by side (top ways)

Russell Athletics

Wilson Leather

Subtlety...
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:Also, everyone's been telling me about the Seahawks forum on Reddit. I just can't get in to it. I ultimately feel like I'm cheating on .Net. Same goes with Field Gulls. .Net for life baby!

Wait. It's not what it looks like you! You've got it all wrong see! I just got a little curious but nothing ever actually happened. I just peaked a glance but never copped a feel. I promise baby...

Please, take me back?
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:Also, everyone's been telling me about the Seahawks forum on Reddit. I just can't get in to it. I ultimately feel like I'm cheating on .Net. Same goes with Field Gulls. .Net for life baby!

Wait. It's not what it looks like you! You've got it all wrong see! I just got a little curious but nothing ever actually happened. I just peaked a glance but never copped a feel. I promise baby...

Please, take me back?

I read Field Gulls from time to time. It's OK. Eventually the guilt fades as you become a serial adulterer.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• ramchargerman66 wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.

Not tacky. It's no different from all the Ninner fans coming in here to post. :stirthepot:

Right...

Niner fan coming in here to talk with Seahawk fans = Spending $190+ to put a brick in front of the Niners stadium with a pro Seahawk/anti Niners message.

SMDH.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    ramchargerman66 wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:Tacky move IMO. Would you want to be treated that way at our house? I for one am ashamed by those actions..... Can't control everyone I guess.

Not tacky. It's no different from all the Ninner fans coming in here to post. :stirthepot:

Right...

Niner fan coming in here to talk with Seahawk fans = Spending $190+ to put a brick in front of the Niners stadium with a pro Seahawk/anti Niners message.

SMDH.

LMAO "To talk with Seahawks fans"

You really believe that's what you guys do here, don't you?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ramchargerman66 wrote:Not tacky. It's no different from all the Ninner fans coming in here to post. :stirthepot:

Right...

SMDH.

I really believe thats what I do...yes. Thats my intent.

If you guys take it otherwise, thats on you.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Right...

SMDH.

I do read other team boards and you clearly try to use your conversations on .NET to score points with the homers over on WZ. Plays well over there but prevents me from taking you seriously over here.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:LMAO "To talk with Seahawks fans"

I do read other team boards and you clearly try to use your conversations on .NET to score points with the homers over on WZ. Plays well over there but prevents me from taking you seriously over here.

?

Uh...OK. Do I talk about some of the conversations I have over here over there? Of Course! Just as peeps over here do the same. Do I think some of the stuff I read over here is ludicrous and talk about it on other site? Yes. It's some funny stuff.

Its not like I'm trying to hide it or something. I've talked to YOU over there before as well as Hawker and a few others.

That doesn't mean tho that I come over here to do anything more than talk.

As for "scoring points" over on the webzone...lol. I don't need any points over there because I'm not keeping score.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:They will just pee on it.

Waste of time and money.

Yup. There is nothing stopping 49er fans from covering it up with gum, at a minimum.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:They will just pee on it.

Waste of time and money.

Yup. There is nothing stopping 49er fans from covering it up with gum, at a minimum.

Then unexpecting fans will step on the gum and the joke will be on them.... :3-1: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Or, if they piss on it, the joke will still be on them, since the bricks are going to be part of a walking path. Now theyll have pee all over their path. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers:
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• SE174 wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:They should just do an engraving of all the Super Bowl trophies you've guys won. Here's my design

Wouldn't want it to get confused with a mirror every time a 9er fan looks at it though.

I was thinking the same thing - reminded me of 9er fans' brain matter.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• I didn't check to see if this has been posted here, but if anyone here frequents /r/Seahawks, the media left out a little information that this is all in good rivalry fun. All the extra proceeds with be donated to a charity of the /r/49ers choice. Now how is this not classy? I would prefer the brick to say something along the lines of, "Congrats on the new stadium, but it will always and forever be the 2nd best in the NFC West - /r/Seahawks"
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

• I saw something about this on the 49erswebzone... Is this just a 'superstition' thing? I don't get it, why go through all that trouble?

And by purchasing a brick, aren't Seahawk fans contributing to the building project (i.e. funding the SF stadium)? Which in turn will improve SF revenue and allow them to spend more $$ on venue / fan experiences / coaches / facilities ... potentially making it easier for SF to attract free agents...

So, in a way, aren't Seahawk fans contributing to SF by buying these bricks? The only thing I can think of is maybe the Cubs' or Red Sox's curses, but I guess that may mean something to someone who is superstitious...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• NinerBuff wrote:I saw something about this on the 49erswebzone... Is this just a 'superstition' thing? I don't get it, why go through all that trouble?

And by purchasing a brick, aren't Seahawk fans contributing to the building project (i.e. funding the SF stadium)? Which in turn will improve SF revenue and allow them to spend more $$ on venue / fan experiences / coaches / facilities ... potentially making it easier for SF to attract free agents...

So, in a way, aren't Seahawk fans contributing to SF by buying these bricks? The only thing I can think of is maybe the Cubs' or Red Sox's curses, but I guess that may mean something to someone who is superstitious...

I have a feeling you're over estimating the financial benefits to SF, of a few bricks being purchased by non SF fans...

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:I saw something about this on the 49erswebzone... Is this just a 'superstition' thing? I don't get it, why go through all that trouble?

I have a feeling you're over estimating the financial benefits to SF, of a few bricks being purchased by non SF fans...

Oh, I realize it's completely in the noise, but still, you are paying SF ownership to do this, no?
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• NinerBuff wrote:Oh, I realize it's completely in the noise, but still, you are paying SF ownership to do this, no?

Yes, technically SF ownership would benefit... Insignificant as it may be... They can buy new towels for the weight room with it.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:Oh, I realize it's completely in the noise, but still, you are paying SF ownership to do this, no?

Yes, technically SF ownership would benefit... Insignificant as it may be... They can buy new towels for the weight room with it.

My point was more that I don't understand why Seahawk fans would even go through the motions... If, for instance, Seattle was making a new stadium, buying a brick from that stadium would be just about the last thing I would think to do...

I recognize that SEA is really good, and it's going to be a dog fight for the division, but I'm not obsessing about getting some minuscule perceived advantage by buying one brick out of maybe 500000...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• NinerBuff wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:Oh, I realize it's completely in the noise, but still, you are paying SF ownership to do this, no?

My point was more that I don't understand why Seahawk fans would even go through the motions... If, for instance, Seattle was making a new stadium, buying a brick from that stadium would be just about the last thing I would think to do...

I recognize that SEA is really good, and it's going to be a dog fight for the division, but I'm not obsessing about getting some minuscule perceived advantage by buying one brick out of maybe 500000...

Because they want to. I don't think many people perceive it as an advantage in any way. It's taking a stick and poking your opponent's fan base just to have a little fun w/ the situation. What's more, I'd imagine that more than one person would have done this on their own and it's only being discussed (and criticized) because the media reported on it.

If I had been contemplating it, I'd actually be put off by the media attention because now it's going to be overdone if anything.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:They will just pee on it.

Waste of time and money.

Then unexpecting fans will step on the gum and the joke will be on them.... :3-1: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Or, if they piss on it, the joke will still be on them, since the bricks are going to be part of a walking path. Now theyll have pee all over their path. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers:

Its a pretty expensive joke. I think a brick is 100+ dollars at a minimum.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:Its a pretty expensive joke. I think a brick is 100+ dollars at a minimum.

I guess?.?.?

If your poor.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Levi stadium? What a stupid name.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Levi stadium? What a stupid name.

Perfect for the Pants Party though...
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Wait ..wait.. LEVI stadium? Isn't Russell sponsored by Levi? I think there is a joke in there somewhere.. Maybe they just got trolled by Russell too..
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

• beasthawk wrote:Wait ..wait.. LEVI stadium? Isn't Russell sponsored by Levi? I think there is a joke in there somewhere.. Maybe they just got trolled by Russell too..

You're probably on to something there.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Levi stadium? What a stupid name.

As opposed to what? CenturyLink? University of Phoenix? Edward Jones? The brand Levi actually has something to do with their team, their city, and teams history. I would want the stadium name to actually have association and meaning to our team as opposed to only a monetary connection.
    seahawksflow
    NET Rookie

• seahawksflow wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Levi stadium? What a stupid name.

As opposed to what? CenturyLink? University of Phoenix? Edward Jones? The brand Levi actually has something to do with their team, their city, and teams history. I would want the stadium name to actually have association and meaning to our team as opposed to only a monetary connection.

It's a stupid name and that fact has nothing to do with what other stadiums are named.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Re: Seahawks Fans buying a brick at
Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    seahawksflow wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Levi stadium? What a stupid name.

It's a stupid name and that fact has nothing to do with what other stadiums are named.

Thats too subjective though. I think University of Phoenix is way worse then Levi. But thats my view. However, this will never go away. These companies pay a lot of money to have their name attached to the stadium and owners are not going to shy away from million dollar deals because the name sucks.

I hated when qwest became century link. But with the advent of "The Clink", its grown on me.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• I hated it when Seahawks Stadium become qwest!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Levi stadium just sounds crappy. It doesn't roll off the tongue.

Hey guys let's go to Levi stadium and watch a game!

See what I mean. Just stupid. I am sure they will come up with some kinda nickname to make it better. At least they should try m
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Levi stadium just sounds crappy. It doesn't roll off the tongue.

See what I mean. Just stupid. I am sure they will come up with some kinda nickname to make it better. At least they should try m

That's because it's Levi's Stadium..

Wow.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

• SoHo9erFan wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Levi stadium just sounds crappy. It doesn't roll off the tongue.

That's because it's Levi's Stadium..

Wow.

Haha.

Put the punctuation in and it still sounds stupid.

Nice try
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• It seems you might have been subconsciously hurt as a kid by a guy named Levi. I dont find it near has repulsive as you do.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information