Portland to Seattle on Gameday

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So just realized a friend's wedding that I need to attend is on a Saturday night before the Jags game in Portland...I'm not one to miss a game live just because I'm separated by a few hours of driving. But anyway for those who have made the drive on Gameday, given it's typically 3 hours of driving time between Seattle and Portland. How much extra time should I plan to add to my drive/commute if I want to make this game in time for kick-off?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
It'll depend on how many Oregon drivers are in the fast lane refusing to go one tenth of a MPH above the speed limit (if you're lucky......they could be 5 under) on the 2 lane stretch between Castle Rock and Olympia.
(I'd throw up the "Sarcasm Off" sign but I'm actually being serious)

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Drink lightly at the wedding and make the drive up Saturday night. Then if/when the groom asks you why you're not drinking, you pimp slap him and berate him for planning his wedding during football season.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Get outta Portland by 8 at the latest if you want to have any time to prefunk.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":1veclb3o said:
Drink lightly at the wedding and make the drive up Saturday night. Then if/when the groom asks you why you're not drinking, you pimp slap him and berate him for planning his wedding during football season.

A true Coug would never make such a statement. That's crazy talk.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I made that drive every home game for about 15 years. Always left at 8. Usually rolled into seattle around 11:30. Never missed kickoff.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ynuabb9b said:
I made that drive every home game for about 15 years. Always left at 8. Usually rolled into seattle around 11:30. Never missed kickoff.

same here since '04 :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the input people. Looks like 8 am on the road it is, and hopefully I still do get to drink at the wedding. I'll probably take some extra on the road with me for pre-funking (when I arrive of course) as payment for my friend scheduling his wedding right before a game. Good stuffs.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I always leave between 7-7:30 so I can hit the bar and catch the 4th qrt of the early games.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3cvqg5jk said:
CrimsonWazzu":3cvqg5jk said:

Drinking at football games > drinking at weddings during a football weekend

Subzero717

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":j3373jry said:
CALIHAWK1":j3373jry said:
CrimsonWazzu":j3373jry said:

Drinking at football games > drinking at weddings during a football weekend

The Cougz I know just drink.

Latest posts