Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: "What does a Hawk say?" Twisted tune from Bob Rivers
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:32 am 
NET Rookie

What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

It's based on a this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Go Hawks!

Post subject: Re: "What does a Hawk say?" Twisted tune from Bob Rivers
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:19 pm 
NET Rookie

I guess people think it sucks. Personally I give it a c+, b-. They adhere closely to the original and it's entertaining for what it is, but it comes off a bit wimpy and lacks the roar of the 12th man.

sc
Go hawks!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:56 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I'd give it a B-. It has its moments. I like how they tried to keep it in line with the original. There is actually another version that didn't stay as close to the original and I don't think is as good, but came out first http://www.king5.com/sports/seahawks/Seattle-radio-showdown-What-the-Hawks-Say-227397711.html

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 pm 
NET Rookie

When I went to the Bob Rivers show Facebook page I saw all the "You're a thief posts" On the Rivers show this morning they were saying that while the other radio station came out first they had written it and started work on it before The Wolf guys. It is strange they both come up with the "win win win win" line for the first bit of what of what a hawk says, but I have a hard time believing Rivers would steal ideas as he's been doing twisted tunes for 20 years or so.

SC
Go Hawks!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:23 pm 
NET Veteran

StoneCold wrote:

109 million views on that original video, and I bet a good 80% can't make it past the first 1:20....I know I couldn't.

Guh. Terrible: F- grade on both of them... Isn't there a "Seahawks Style" or "Hawk-arana" parody of Gungham Style or The Macarana ? I mean, I hate those songs too, but atleast they don't cause physical pain to my ears.

:les: Darn kids these days!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:26 pm 
* Report Button *

I went to rehab with Spike.

The songs a "F". I'm sure kilt-man and the South Endzone Crew are high-fiving over it, though.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:29 pm 
NET Rookie

No to all

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:45 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*

I listen to all 4 hours of the Bob Rivers show every day at work, and I heard them come up with the lyrics a good 3 weeks ago live, off the cuff as they so often do. Somebody obviously texted the hosts of that other show with Bob, Spike's and Joe's ideas and they did their song a week later. The Bob Rivers show acknowledged this, but decided to forge ahead with the song even though it had been ripped off prior and people would accuse them of ripping off their own idea. Obviously, Bob's version is far superior because he has been doing twisted tunes for 25+ years, and has sold millions of CD's. Plus Bob has access to a huge catalog of professional musicians, several of them from famous bands. So, screw those other guys. They ripped off Bob, not the other way around.

Oh, and this season, Bob has put out a new Seahawks song prior to every game this season, and will continue to do so for every game. You can check 'em out at www.BobRivers.com. Damn, looks like they've been absorbed into the collective at www.957kjr.com. Damnit.

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I would like for someone (Zeb) to remake SirMixalots "The Boss is back" into "The Hawks are back".
I'm probably older than alot on this board, and Mixalot was/is in my wheelhouse for musicical impact in timing.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]