Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Bucs @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still recovering from that dose of humble pie we received Monday night. While there's plenty to debate and discuss from the fallout, I am still very happy to get out of there with a victory. Adjustments were not made to our liking during the game but I have to believe - and do believe - that adjustments are in the works. Yeah, the Rams may have provided a blueprint for other teams to try to beat us, but we get to watch the same film and will adjust our game accordingly moving forward.

With that said, the Bucs are coming to town Sunday looking not too unlike the Rams. Better than average defense, not so good offense. I would be plenty more nervous if we were coming off a blowout in St. Louis. Instead, the Seahawks are as pissed off as we are about how they got bitch smacked on national television, even with the victory. That does not bode well for the lowly, winless Bucs coming into THE most intimidating, dominant home field advantage in the National Football League.

The Seahawks will win. But unlike last week's prediction, I sure as Hell am not going to predict a blowout. We see where that got us.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Bucs 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 7-1

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I did not like last week's game. Being home will be the Seahawks saving grace this time around, as the Bucs are no slouch (despite their record) and teams are just going to attack our weak line all day from now on until our WRs show they can beat them. It's going to be another close one.

Seahawks 20
Bucs 17

My Record to Date: 5-3

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
We win 23-9. Team controls the game from start to finish, though some fans (including myself) are panicked when it's only 10-6 Seahawks at the half.
Glennon gets pick-sixed, Wilson has a Wilson-style efficient game - 16-22, 245 PasYds, 1TD, 0INTs, 44 RushYds.

Also, I'm 1-0 so far, but hard not to be when the Seahawks win so often.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Seahawks 9
Bucs 3

Okay, I am tampering down my expectations.

OrFan

Reaction score
At home for a change against a young and promising qb. If it goes the way I think it will, he should get just as rattled as Krapadick did when he came here. Their defense is actually pretty good, at least in getting sacks. Our offensive line will be the same as we had last game, but maybe, just maybe, they have figured out how to help Wilson a bit.

At home against a team that will probably end up 0 - 16 I think we win easily.

Seahawks - 27

Sinking ship - 6

7 - 1 record so far. Soon to be 8 - 1.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think its going to be a blow out. Tampa is a terrible offense and they won't be running on us like the Rams did and if Glennon has to throw on the road against our d he is in big trouble. I also don't think we will be abused on the line like we were last week. Even against our starters the Rams were able to do that last year. They have two exceptionally good ends that Tampa does not have.

I predict 30-6 Seahawks!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tampa has a very good run defense. They're not so good against the pass, even with Revis. Glennon will get picked off a couple times, and I, I will be lucky enough to see it live this time around.

20 - 7

STD: 6-2

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Aros":2m3sjsaw said:
With that said, the Bucs are coming to town Sunday looking not too unlike the Rams. Better than average defense, not so good offense.

Bucs look very little like the Rams. First off, their D may be better than average by yardage, but they're worse than average in points allowed, and much worse than average in sacks and turnovers forced. They don't have near the pass rush that St. Louis has. Add to that the fact that their team has been in turmoil due to the machinations of their likely-to-be-fired head coach, and this is a team playing uninspired football. They won't have a home crowd to feed off of, either.

I think this will be a comfortable win for Seattle, without the drama of last week's game.

acbass

Reaction score
Wilson will have a little extra motivation for this game. TB's starting QB was the main reason Wilson was accepted back at NC State. Glennon was Wilson's backup when he left to play baseball. They wanted to move on to Glennon with Wilson's future up in the air. Okay, it's probably motivating factor at all. Just more of an interesting factoid. Ha

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
This feels like the Titans game. Not sure what to expect. I think all we gotta do on D is watch Vincent Jackson. Now that Doug Martin and Mike Williams are out he's their only weapon. As for our offense, it's obvious what we need to do, and that is protect RW at all costs. I'm predicting a defensive or special teams touchdown this week, the team knows they have to score any way possible with the way the o line is playing.

Seahawks 31 Bucs 13

OrFan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":263fdlsw said:
Aros":263fdlsw said:
With that said, the Bucs are coming to town Sunday looking not too unlike the Rams. Better than average defense, not so good offense.

Bucs look very little like the Rams. First off, their D may be better than average by yardage, but they're worse than average in points allowed, and much worse than average in sacks and turnovers forced. They don't have near the pass rush that St. Louis has. Add to that the fact that their team has been in turmoil due to the machinations of their likely-to-be-fired head coach, and this is a team playing uninspired football. They won't have a home crowd to feed off of, either.

I think this will be a comfortable win for Seattle, without the drama of last week's game.

TB had only one less sack than the Rams before Monday night against us. Granted this is not elite by any means, but they are pretty good in this area.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawks in a route 34-6

Our defense does a great job of keeping teams out of the end zone especially in the red zone and without a pass rush our offense seems to do much better.

YTD 7-1

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawks win. We go 8-1. Lynch rushes for 100+ and 2 tds. Most of the board will want to fire Bevell and wonder why we didn't use Michael more.